Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've got all the memories now so I'm going to head towards the story/dungeons in the coming days. Tbf I was worried playing the way I have could kill the dungeons for me as I could be OP, however i know I'd likely not explore the game as much if I completed it first etc. When I beat a game I like to move on, too many to play to hang around. 

I managed to work out that was you haha :P, it's been accepted btw. What's Bomberman like? Issac been confirmed as coming to Europe physically btw, so I assume you'll get it too. Some Russian site also listed the Batman Telltale series as coming to Switch physically which i hope is true as I really wanna try them, was close to getting it on brothers console but decided to wait and see if it came to Switch as other games in the series were largely rumoured for it. 

Bomberman is ok but a bit short. I hope these rumoured games come to be reality as it would really boost the lineup of games available.

7 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Bomberman is ok but a bit short. I hope these rumoured games come to be reality as it would really boost the lineup of games available.

I almost got Bomberman a few days back but managed to hold off, I'll get it when it's cheap I think.  

E3 this year will hopefully be awesome, Mario will likely get a big spot light though so hopefully they reveal more. 

Likely end up getting MK8D next month and Fire Emblem Echoes in May on 3DS. If I bite on anything else depends how long Zelda lasts me I suppose. Shovel Knight tempted me but I have it on 3DS twice so didn't feel like buying it again. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I almost got Bomberman a few days back but managed to hold off, I'll get it when it's cheap I think.  

E3 this year will hopefully be awesome, Mario will likely get a big spot light though so hopefully they reveal more. 

Likely end up getting MK8D next month and Fire Emblem Echoes in May on 3DS. If I bite on anything else depends how long Zelda lasts me I suppose. Shovel Knight tempted me but I have it on 3DS twice so didn't feel like buying it again. 

I'm still waiting for issac as the Australian Eshop was not given the game. I have already preordered my copy of mk8d and has been heroes. I can't wait for E3 and hopefully they have a presentation on odyssey. It's a great year to be a Nintendo fan.

Slight progress report

Beasts: Done two now, Zora and Rito. Really enjoyed Zora story arc but Rito was tad disappointing and not as fleshed out. Dungeons are somewhat underwhelming but expected due to all the shrines I think. Boss battles suck though, especially compared to the random ones you find in world, the bosses feel very non Zelda even, still fun though. 

Shrines: 93/120 so slowly getting there, the hunt is getting frustrating now though as they're so hard to find. Might start looking at guides soon to get the last few, likely do remaining beasts then get these before Ganon. 

Seeds: Only about 70, really don't care about these! Seen there bloody 900! Screw that! 

Still in love with this game and playing it multiple hours a day, it really is a masterpiece! 

On 17 March 2017 at 06:34, Real_Random said:

I'm still waiting for issac as the Australian Eshop was not given the game. I have already preordered my copy of mk8d and has been heroes. I can't wait for E3 and hopefully they have a presentation on odyssey. It's a great year to be a Nintendo fan.

Must have missed this, not sure how but oh well! I'm just waiting on news on the physical release of Issac in the UK then I'll pick it up. Haven't order MK8 yet but I will at some point, in no real rush to order it. Has Been Heroes really doesn't interest me tbh, found it boring during the Treehouse live event. 

Yeah I'm buzzing for E3, I think Mario will be a massive part of it as will Smash Switch. The Corrin amiibo has recently been stated to work with Fire Emblem Echoes so only makes sense that's released soon which you'd have to expect means Smash is coming. If E3 is Mario, Smash and Pokemon Switch they're laughing! Sure they'll be plenty of surprises too. 

Anyone play the Splatoon testfire?

39 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Slight progress report

Beasts: Done two now, Zora and Rito. Really enjoyed Zora story arc but Rito was tad disappointing and not as fleshed out. Dungeons are somewhat underwhelming but expected due to all the shrines I think. Boss battles suck though, especially compared to the random ones you find in world, the bosses feel very non Zelda even, still fun though. 

Shrines: 93/120 so slowly getting there, the hunt is getting frustrating now though as they're so hard to find. Might start looking at guides soon to get the last few, likely do remaining beasts then get these before Ganon. 

Seeds: Only about 70, really don't care about these! Seen there bloody 900! Screw that! 

Still in love with this game and playing it multiple hours a day, it really is a masterpiece! 

Must have missed this, not sure how but oh well! I'm just waiting on news on the physical release of Issac in the UK then I'll pick it up. Haven't order MK8 yet but I will at some point, in no real rush to order it. Has Been Heroes really doesn't interest me tbh, found it boring during the Treehouse live event. 

Yeah I'm buzzing for E3, I think Mario will be a massive part of it as will Smash Switch. The Corrin amiibo has recently been stated to work with Fire Emblem Echoes so only makes sense that's released soon which you'd have to expect means Smash is coming. If E3 is Mario, Smash and Pokemon Switch they're laughing! Sure they'll be plenty of surprises too. 

Anyone play the Splatoon testfire?

I agree with the Zora beast, I really enjoyed the back story. Rito seemed like a side note as  finding the beast was too quick. All I did was fly over the mountain and then I was ready for the divine beast. I know what you mean about playing the game a lot, I noticed you had 50 hours logged for Zelda, I only have 45 hours. Eb games offered me has been for free (because they published it here in Australia) so that's why I'm getting has been. I can't wait for the new pokemon game to come out and I hope they do what they did with the DS and have 2 generations on it because I believe the switch is capable of having two Pokemon generations on it. Btw are you getting the DLC for botw, when I first there will be DLC I wasn't sure about buying it but playing the game has changed my mind. I didn't get a chance to play the first 1 hour session but will play the next one.

Yeah the Zora part was a lot longer and more interesting. Everything with Sidon, the princess and getting ready for the beast was really cool. I get why they didn't repeat that but I did want more story reguarding the Rito as I think they're really cool designs. As you said it was basically speak to two people then do the dungeon. I think my time is closer to 65-70 now haha. I will get the DLC but not until it's announced, no chance I'm paying the £18 odd quid without actually knowing what it is. 

Let me know what HBH's is like, doubt it'll tempt me though. Played Baster Master? Getting rave reviews but unsure and to into Zelda ATM. 

If Pokemon Stars does come to the Switch I'm sure it'll get another few games depending on how long the Switch lasts, reports so far are the Switch is doing really well so the future looks bright. If Stars doesn't come to the Switch things will be less clear but all signs seem to say it will do, especially with developments this week about the job post they have available (looking for HD designer for a well known RPG or something like that). 

I played half hour of the Testfire and it's just Splatoon lol. I do like the series a lot but online multiplayer doesn't interest me. Had the first one and only put 8 hours into it and 4-5 of that was the story so yeah it will take a lot to make me buy it. If the single player is bigger and the couch coop better I might though. Haven't been really into an online game since MW (the really popular one which just been remade). 

+35 hours of Zelda, 40 shrines and 1 dungeon, the Zora one. Loving the game so far. I don't play it more because I play csgo everyday xD.

About other games I loved the splatoon demo, I'll consider to buy. I'm waiting for Mario Kart, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odissey and Yooka-Laylee. I'm hoping that Dynasty Warriors 9 came for switch too. And ofc Pokémon games.

Not sure on time played but must be 80+ by this point. Three dungeons done (desert remaining) and 107/120 shrines. 

Splatoon 2 - Doubt I'll get it. 

MK8 - Getting 

Fire Emblem Warriors - Love FE but not keen on Warriors gameplay. I beat Hyrule Warriors but it's just so boring to me so I'm not sold on this. One I'm more likely to get on sale I think. Absolutely buzzing for FE Echoes though, hoping to get the special edition 

Mario - Day one. 

Yooka-Layee - Going to try and hold out in case a physical release happens on Switch. 

As of yesterday I completed 120/120 of the shrines and the last beast. I've now just beat Ganon and the credits have rolled, almost sad it's came to an end :(. BOTW is a phenomenal game, it blew my hype out the water and it really is a masterpiece and easily my favourite Zelda. 

It's not perfect but what game is, I have a few tiny issues but they don't hinder the experience at all. Like the dungeons are kinda meh but the shrines more than make up for that IMO. My biggest complaint is the main bosses themselves being a tad underwhelming, especially compared to the ones found in the wild but I suppose that's related to the game being non linear/balanced. 

Last few months I've played Pokemon Moon, Dragon Quest 8 and now Zelda back to back and they're three of the best games I've ever played, love all three so much. I played Zelda for 96ish hours and I want more, that's crazy talk for me as I usually hate long games and get my fill somewhere around the 20-30 hour mark but Zelda kept pulling me in. 

Words simply can't praise BOTW enough and like I've said before I'm not really a big Zelda fan game wise. Bring on the summer and the DLC, here's to hoping it's meaty as I want more! 

@Real_RandomSeen you've played that Has Been Heroes, what's it like? Reviews I've seen looked fairly mixed tbf. Talking of reviews I'm absolutely gutted that Yooka-Layee looks to have flopped massively :(. 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

As of yesterday I completed 120/120 of the shrines and the last beast. I've now just beat Ganon and the credits have rolled, almost sad it's came to an end :(. BOTW is a phenomenal game, it blew my hype out the water and it really is a masterpiece and easily my favourite Zelda. 

It's not perfect but what game is, I have a few tiny issues but they don't hinder the experience at all. Like the dungeons are kinda meh but the shrines more than make up for that IMO. My biggest complaint is the main bosses themselves being a tad underwhelming, especially compared to the ones found in the wild but I suppose that's related to the game being non linear/balanced. 

Last few months I've played Pokemon Moon, Dragon Quest 8 and now Zelda back to back and they're three of the best games I've ever played, love all three so much. I played Zelda for 96ish hours and I want more, that's crazy talk for me as I usually hate long games and get my fill somewhere around the 20-30 hour mark but Zelda kept pulling me in. 

Words simply can't praise BOTW enough and like I've said before I'm not really a big Zelda fan game wise. Bring on the summer and the DLC, here's to hoping it's meaty as I want more! 

@Real_RandomSeen you've played that Has Been Heroes, what's it like? Reviews I've seen looked fairly mixed tbf. Talking of reviews I'm absolutely gutted that Yooka-Layee looks to have flopped massively :(. 

Congratulations on beating Zelda, did you end up getting all the memories? I can't wait for the DLC and will most likely buy it when it comes out. Has Been Heroes is okay and it's certainly not perfect but for what it is and the price of the game it's fine. The game it self is okay but not as many battles as you may expect from a rogue like game because you can skip most of the battles when trying to g t to the boss but the battles them selves are fine as there is a timer so after a while they will run off if you can't kill them all. The only thing I hate is the permadeath because you don't keep all the items you get. Also there are more heroes than the 3 showed in the trailer but I haven't unlocked them yet. Also Eb gave it to me for free because I bought my switch day one so I my views may be slightly biased because everything's better when it's free.

Yeah I got all the memories before even starting the dungeons. I have some side quests left, I could upgrade most armours and like 830 seeds to find but I really don't care lol. As much as I love the game I'd rather move on than waste 20 odd hours on item farming lol. 

Same type of stuff I've seen posted around about it then really. I need to watch more footage of it but can't see it tempting me tbh. My backlog is big enough so I'll try and clear some of that while waiting for some more Switch games. I keep feeling sorry for my 3ds as I've not touched it in like a month so might throw some love in it's direction haha. 

Good service/bonus that, I'm fed up of my local store tbh. I went to preorder the limited edition of Fire Emblem Echoes yesterday and my local Game store not taking preorders for it! Only the major stores allowed to preorder it which has really pissed me off. Means I might not be able to get one as my card expires around release so doing it online might be a tad iffy :(:@. Really getting sick of Game tbh, more expensive than everywhere else on most things and last few items I've wanted they've not been able to do! service was also shocking on Switch release day. Said I wasn't going there again but due to card worries I wanted to get the Fire Emblem order locked in in store but yet again they can't do it. 

What you all think of the Nintendo Direct? I liked the new format and I think they did a good job of getting everything out the way for E3. Game wise not much really appealed to me though tbh, I have one eye on Ever Oasis but I want to see more of it. As I've said before I don't think Splatoon is for me unless there a solid single player campaign which they only hinted at while my interest in arms is non existent at this point lol. 

I think I'm leaning towards getting MK8 and Street Fighter, haven't had a good ST since the SNES days so it's very tempting as it's a budget release. I Haven't touched the Switch since I beat Zelda which sucks but that's me being fussy on new releases and wanting to hit the backlog while I can. Currently playing Epic Mickey (Wii) which is a decent enough 3D platformer but has plenty of issues, also played Scurge: Hive on DS which I had to put down as it got way too frustrating and stopped being fun. Cool concepts but back tracking and having to redo every puzzle and re beat every enemy just isn't fun. 

@Real_Random Watched a stream of Has Been Heroes and it's made me more interested but also shown me I have no idea what the hell is going on lol. Might consider it on sale, shame no physical release happened in Europe as not much on our shelves. I'm just fussy with digital games tbh, especially ones I'm iffy on at full price. Did you see Issac has been announced for Europe for next few months? 

On 06/04/2017 at 08:25, Ashez said:

Yeah I got all the memories before even starting the dungeons. I have some side quests left, I could upgrade most armours and like 830 seeds to find but I really don't care lol. As much as I love the game I'd rather move on than waste 20 odd hours on item farming lol. 

Same type of stuff I've seen posted around about it then really. I need to watch more footage of it but can't see it tempting me tbh. My backlog is big enough so I'll try and clear some of that while waiting for some more Switch games. I keep feeling sorry for my 3ds as I've not touched it in like a month so might throw some love in it's direction haha. 

Good service/bonus that, I'm fed up of my local store tbh. I went to preorder the limited edition of Fire Emblem Echoes yesterday and my local Game store not taking preorders for it! Only the major stores allowed to preorder it which has really pissed me off. Means I might not be able to get one as my card expires around release so doing it online might be a tad iffy :(:@. Really getting sick of Game tbh, more expensive than everywhere else on most things and last few items I've wanted they've not been able to do! service was also shocking on Switch release day. Said I wasn't going there again but due to card worries I wanted to get the Fire Emblem order locked in in store but yet again they can't do it. 

I'm the opposite when it comes to having a backlog as the only game I currently have and haven't completed is Alpha Sapphire because I already played Omega Ruby. EB in Australia is opposite as they often have exclusives you can't get anywhere else. I also haven't used my switch much after playing Zelda because my other games aren't compelling to play.

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

What you all think of the Nintendo Direct? I liked the new format and I think they did a good job of getting everything out the way for E3. Game wise not much really appealed to me though tbh, I have one eye on Ever Oasis but I want to see more of it. As I've said before I don't think Splatoon is for me unless there a solid single player campaign which they only hinted at while my interest in arms is non existent at this point lol. 

I think I'm leaning towards getting MK8 and Street Fighter, haven't had a good ST since the SNES days so it's very tempting as it's a budget release. I Haven't touched the Switch since I beat Zelda which sucks but that's me being fussy on new releases and wanting to hit the backlog while I can. Currently playing Epic Mickey (Wii) which is a decent enough 3D platformer but has plenty of issues, also played Scurge: Hive on DS which I had to put down as it got way too frustrating and stopped being fun. Cool concepts but back tracking and having to redo every puzzle and re beat every enemy just isn't fun. 

@Real_Random Watched a stream of Has Been Heroes and it's made me more interested but also shown me I have no idea what the hell is going on lol. Might consider it on sale, shame no physical release happened in Europe as not much on our shelves. I'm just fussy with digital games tbh, especially ones I'm iffy on at full price. Did you see Issac has been announced for Europe for next few months? 

Has Been Heroes is painfully difficult and the controls are a bit unorthodox but can be good when trying to kill a few minutes. I am interested in Splatoon as I enjoyed the first one a lot. I am still unsure in arms as it seems like it is trying to copy what made splatoon popular which is multiplayer but I am worried about the depth of the game and if it has any. I saw about Issac but the release date is still patchy.

My backlog is like 60 games deep lol, so yeah I have plenty haha. When DS/Wii games went dirt cheap I just couldn't help myself and those games have been stupidly cheap for like 5 years lol. Loved the original R/S but the remakes really didn't do it for me for some reason. We don't have many store exclusives here tbh, even if we did I wouldn't mind but fact the FE limited edition is locked to big Game stores is what annoyed me, it's available on their system but my store not getting it seems daft, being punished for not living in a major city kinda thing lol. 

Switch wise there are games I would get and play but just a tad expensive ATM. Like I would get Shovel Knight but I already have it twice, Snake Pass looks good but a steep price for a gimmick game, I'm tempted by Blaster Master Zero which I'll get at some point and then Mr Shifty looks brilliant but apparently has issues and attitude of developer recently has put me off. Bomberman is similar as I won't get £40-50 value from it and that's basically all the games haha. Really wish MK8 was out this or last week or that we got Yooka-Layee now, just a week or two too long for MK8 after Zelda I feel. Not all the games appeal to me but going into E3 I feel the Switch line up is strong :). 

Yeah I've seen that said a lot about Has Been Heroes and even watching it I had no idea what was going on lol. Looked a lot more interesting than it did during the live event thing though and I do like the developer as Trine was decent. I love Splatoon tbh but as I only played the first for 8 hours it's just not tempting me to get Splatoon 2 ATM. I know what you mean about Arms, the direct just made it seem real boring though lol. Also you need 2 sets of Joycons (local multiplayer) so it becomes a £120 game which it clearly isn't, hopefully they do a test fire type thing with it.  Yeah Issac release date was vague but at least it's coming. 

I honestly feel that the games are a tad overpriced for what they offer and this is the reason I only have three games. Splatoon was my favourite game along with MK8 and the two Mario Games and I will certainly buy it, also it will be good to test the online multiplayer service before it becomes paid and Splatoon is released before the service becomes paid. Also Arms hasn't really got me hooked, it could be like Splatoon and be fantastic or it could end up like those brain training games which were a new ip but they bombed and only saw a release on DS and Wii.

38 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I honestly feel that the games are a tad overpriced for what they offer and this is the reason I only have three games. Splatoon was my favourite game along with MK8 and the two Mario Games and I will certainly buy it, also it will be good to test the online multiplayer service before it becomes paid and Splatoon is released before the service becomes paid. Also Arms hasn't really got me hooked, it could be like Splatoon and be fantastic or it could end up like those brain training games which were a new ip but they bombed and only saw a release on DS and Wii.

Same, last few weeks I've seen a trailer/that a game is released only to go on eshop and think nope, not at that price. Tbh I am tight when it comes to games and especially with digital. Only digital game I got day one was Steamworld Heist as I love Image and Form and trust them. Tbh I wouldn't touch Issac at it's price for the download. I really wish Nintendo helped Indi's get games out physically, they did the Eshop selects for £20 at the end of the WiiU's life and it would have been ace to see that be a thing on Switch from the start IMO. 

If Splatoon's story mode is well reviewed and a decent length I'll get it but I doubt it will be. Also I hope the couch multiplayer is better as the balloon popping game on the first game was meh. I have high hopes for Arms as it's basically Punch Out and the art style and all that are pretty cool, I just can't help but not care about it lol. 

Ordered MK8D and as I hoped I talked my brother into going halves :D. Got it ordered for £40 so only paying £20 which is a bonus, more excited for it than I thought I would be. With the money I "saved" I've ordered Has Been Heroes. Still not totally convinced on the game but after watching loads of footage and reading about it I think it has some potential and looks fun, main reason i got it however is I'm importing a physical copy. It's not being released physical in England (As GameStop/EB Games exclusive) but turns out Ireland also have Gamestops to my surprise. With postage it's around £26 I think so only slightly dearer than digital and it's a pretty cool collectors piece IMO (physical selling for 40+ by scalpers here). I also wanted to see how the importing stuff actually works in case there something else I want later down the line. 

I also managed to get an order in for the FE Echoes limited edition so hopefully that goes smoothly, really excited for that game. 

I haven't played BOTW in three weeks yet I'm constantly thinking about it still lol. I've never put 100+ hours into a game and actually wanted more. BOTW is just a masterpiece beyond words, I wish the DLC was coming now haha. 

Playing wise I've put some time into Epic Mickey on the Wii which is decent enough but mainly one big fetch quest with plenty of odd design decisions, I felt like a 3D platformer and it scratched that itch. Also started Mad World (Wii) which is one funny, odd and brutal game haha. It's a lot of fun but can be repetitive and death results in starting the level again which can become annoying, especially with bosses as they take a while to reach and if you don't work out the strategy quickly it can be annoying to have to replay a long level to try another idea kinda thing. Finally also chipping away at Lego Batman 3 (3DS) when I don't have access to the TV, not played much of it as yet though but just your typical Lego game. Just got to keep chipping away at the backlog haha. 

Good saving on MK8D, if you find restarting the level painful after dying your going to be in a lot of pain after playing Has Been Heroes. I have been going on Botw a bit more lately as I just keep finding places I didn't know about.

5 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Good saving on MK8D, if you find restarting the level painful after dying your going to be in a lot of pain after playing Has Been Heroes. I have been going on Botw a bit more lately as I just keep finding places I didn't know about.

Can't complain, MK8 worth £20 all day long :D. Maybe have a Vibe tournament if there any interest/enough of us :). 

That's a fair point but in a rogue like it's expected :P. In Madworld it makes it annoying as you know it's just padding, it's a 5/6 hour game so if they removed death/restarting it would be even shorter and would never have been sell able for full price (I paid £1 for it :P). Tbh my main issue with restarting the levels is I find the levels somewhat boring, especially after the initial first play through of them, you can only kill enemies so many times before it gets dull. I think my issue was trying to plough through it, I'm going to try short and sweet play sessions with it to see if it's more to my liking. Like I loved Hyrule Warriors but only in short bursts as it's too mindless/repetitive.

I've read up on HBH's and watched a decent video and read a guide so I think I have somewhat of an idea how to play it and the developers have said they're going to edit the difficulty and add hints/help (if they haven't already), I can see how going in blind would be brutal though. Should have it Monday or Tuesday so might have some opinions next week, I'll admit it's a risky purchase and one I debated about for a while but I wanted a single player Switch game and £26 for a limited physical Indi game was more appealing than £50-60 for Lego city or Bomberman haha. I'm also still undecided on Splatoon, Arms and only slightly tempted by Street Fighter so between now and July I'm only Defo getting Isaac. 

So much to see and do in Zelda! How many shrines and all that you at now? 

I honestly don't think I am anywhere close to finishing all the shrines as I just rushed through the story as I wanted to see how it ended. HBH is definitely ok for its price but I wouldn't pay full price for it. Hopefully you enjoy it, try not to get bored by the quest in general. I'm definitely not getting Lego city as I playe the Wii U version and don't want to fork out for the same game which admittedly wasn't mind blowing the first time.

The shrines are well worth hunting down, I really enjoyed them. I loved exploring, climbing, hunting and doing the shrines so much. 

I was happy to pay £20-25 for HBH physically but postage made it slightly more than I wanted to pay tbh, 7.50 euros postage :@. Decided to jump on it though as bound to be a limited release and it's something I thought I might regret not getting. As it's an import title I'm sure I'll be able to flip it for my money back at least if I really hate it. I'm hoping it's a game I'll just chip at every now and then when i want something to play when I'm inbetween games. It does certainly seem to be a marmite game though. The need to want a single player game to play pushed through the purchase though lol, I just love the Switch and I want to be playing it, as MK8 has everything unlocked there hardly any single player content unfortunately so that's strictly a multiplayer game for me.

I never bothered with Lego City but it did appeal somewhat. It just always held it's price and became somewhat hard to find. Now it's multi platform I expect the price will drop in no time like regular Lego games so I might get it somewhere down the line if I see a deal. Like I said I'm tight with my game purchases lol, I'll only pay full price if it's a game I must play at release or if it's first party Nintendo and I know the price will never drop. 

Loving the switch at the mo

Bought it for the kids but I've played it more than they have haha

Love Lego City and can't wait for the Mario games to come out!

1 hour ago, UKFootballScore said:

Loving the switch at the mo

Bought it for the kids but I've played it more than they have haha

Love Lego City and can't wait for the Mario games to come out!

How you been UK? Long time no see.

MK8D will be a great family game tbf, Mario Kart always has been but fact they've added things like steering assists just makes it even more approachable. 

Cant wait for E3 to hear more about Mario Odyssey though :D 

@Real_Random Got Has Been Heroes yesterday and played a hour or so earlier. It is as brutal as I people say, had a few runs where it felt like there was nothing i could have done. Starting heroes just aren't that good either :@. Really enjoyed what I played though, I managed to beat the first boss but not had much luck on second "level" as yet. Certainly a game I can see myself playing, Defo one those just one more try type games. 

My MK8D has just been dispatched so will be here tomo :D. More excited for it then I expected haha

Good to see your enjoying Has Been Heroes. The best I've done is I have hit the second boss with the knight but apart from that I keep dying at various stages. Do you feel that the high difficulty stays throughout the game as I find I can die any where in the over world? MK8D comes out tomorrow in Australia and I will be picking it up on Saturday but I am annoyed that all the content is there from the start as there is no incentive to play the Grand Prix but I will anyway.

Just played a few more hours and yes I can say that, I had some runs where I didn't make the boss and others where I did. I can beat the moth type boss pretty easily but can't beat the skeleton one as he just spawns way too many to deal with. I've had 15 runs and beat the first boss on like 5 of them I'd say, but on all those runs I lost to the first battle of second stage :@. Had hardly any luck regarding pick ups and spells which hasn't helped either, I'm exploring as much as possible but in those 15 runs I only had an elemental spell once, also it's really annoying not knowing what a spell/item is until after you've picked it up, I know that's somewhat the point but a few times I screwed myself due to not knowing which is just frustrating, especially as the difficulty is so high/random. In say Isaac a death is usually your own fault, in this it's just the RNG being a bitch. 

The enemies just seem to have too much stamina and the starting heroes have hardly any attacks a turn. The knight and rogue are pretty decent as they hit hard at least but the old man is next to useless. I'd seriously hate to see what it's like in the later levels lol. When it's going right you feel like a bad ass, when you're being screwed it's annoying haha. 

Yeah I agree it's stupid everything is unlocked as it does leave next to no single player content which sucks. Always hoped the mission mode like on the DS game (?) would return but oh well. My WiiU always struggled with the Internet so I never did much online, so far the Switch seems to connect much better and seem solid during the Splatoon demo (even though it's next to WiiU :s) so hopefully I can experience the online at least. 

Got Mario Kart two days earlier :D and having a blast so far with my girlfriend. The assist mode is really good for players liker her or kids.

I saw you playing it and I was very jealous haha. Just played some now, shine thief is a work of art, love it! Think I might have one the dodgey Joycons though, not used it much due to having a pro controller but playing MK with my brother tonight I noticed it Defo wasn't always responding in corners, gunna have to test it over the weekend and if it is an issue send it off to be fixed. 

Had an awesome has been heroes run earlier and managed to beat the first boss and unlock the first character :D. Had some luck with some solid spells and stamina hut things but I'm happy with that haha. 

Congratulations, I still have not got a new hero yet as I don't know how to unlock them. Is this new hero better than the ones you have? I can't wait to play MK8D but I have to wait. Good luck trying to beat the final boss, he is so annoying and string I just die.

To unlock a new hero you have to beat the run, so the first run is two levels/bosses or whatever you want to call them. Tbh I got to second boss and felt really overwhelmed as so much was going on but had some really helpful spells, I'm not even sure how I beat the boss lol, I sent an attack into a crowd and he died lmao. I wanna try it again but I know it'll take me ages to even get that far again haha. 

I haven't tried the new hero yet as I only had this run while waiting for my brother to come around to play MK lol. I believe my run now will be the first two stages and an added third stage, beating the third will result in a new hero, so I believe anyway.