Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m yet to watch it, but got it saved on YouTube for later

I didn't think I'd make it through it last night tbf, I actually dozed off waiting for it lol. Hence why I left any impressions for this morning. 

I look forward to hearing your views :)

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Nothing special in this direct for me. I thought it was boring. 

Thankfully I've way too much to play as is, hopefully the January direct is more to our tastes. 

42 minutes ago, Rob said:

Is it bad that I’m looking forward to Luigi’s Mansion? 😊

Alot of people are, I just couldn't finish the sequel on the 3DS which means I have little interest in the third, I have to admit it looks good though. 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I get it - you’re more of an Animal Crossing fan.

I just don't see the appeal in that series at all, that part of the direct was so slow and boring. 

Okay this is alot cooler and gamey than I ever expected, it actually looks kinda fun. Personally I don't see myself getting it but Nintendo strikes again. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Okay this is alot cooler and gamey than I ever expected, it actually looks kinda fun. Personally I don't see myself getting it but Nintendo strikes again. 

I might get it on a sale or something. Looks a lot of fun

Yeah I'm not $80 interested and I've not seen a UK price so it'll likely be £70-80. It's neat though and you can see some heart went into it, I hope it finds an audience as it's maybe too gimmicky for "gamers" while a RPG isn't as casual friendly as Wii Sports/Fit, it's an odd one but I'll see how it plays out for sure. 

As long as Nintendo are producing the stuff I want i love seeing the bizarre shit they can come up with. Labo and this aren't really for me but they're bloody cool. 

Looks really interesting, but nothing I’ll do. Like Ash, I love that they’re doing lots of different stuff and attracting lots of different types of people. The more people attracted then the better everything will become.

6 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Servers are down on it 🤯😂

Not got to it yet tbf 😛

26 minutes ago, Rob said:

Is it actually much of a proper game?

I know basically nothing about it haha, I'll try it when I cba. 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

This is incredible, someone has remade the Link To The Past map on Dragon Quest Builders 2

There are people with way too much free time lmao

i've a question to for the masses..

Im keen to get back into Fifa, having not played it in any form since Fifa14 for Xbox360.
I dont care at all about Ultimate team, nor online play. I only ever cared about career mode.

Is Fifa20 a good game? (in know its a rehash of 19 blah blah blah, but I never played 19) I like the idea of playing with the current rosters

Im hoping to pick up a copy for cheap on Black Friday or once the release hype allows for some pre-owned copies to start to appear.

thoughts?

I can’t ever get in to FIFA. I’ve picked copies up before once it’s dropped in price and play it hardcore for two weeks, then completely lose interest. I doubt I’ll be getting 20. 

I've not really played Fifa in years but the Switch version is so gimped I wouldn't touch it. The Switch version is basically the same as the 360/PS3 yet full priced, screw EA. 

It's that time of month again so expect something soonish

What I've Been Playing 

September

Blu-Ray

Detective Pikachu - I'm starting this month a little differently as I got an Nintendo related film for my birthday being Detective Pikachu. It's a movie I've wanted to see since it was released but I typically don't enjoy the cinema experience so I waited out for the home media release. Firstly seeing the world of Pokemon brought to the big screen is brilliant, I smiled ear to ear every time I spotted a Pokemon regardless of if it was one which was centre of attention or one hidden in the background, seeing these creations in a realistic manor in a realistic world just brought my childhood to life, I've wanted this since I was a kid! As for the film itself the story is based around three components being Mewtwo, the main characters missing farther and a new drug that is basically sending Pokemon rabid. Obviously at the end of the day it's a film for kids but I was surprised by how much enjoyment I got out of this film, admittedly it's not one I see myself watching all the time but it's alot better than I expected it to be. It's completely a film for Pokemon fans, so if you like the series I'd recommend it, if you aren't a Pokemon fan I doubt you'll find anything here but confusion lol. 

Switch 

Fire Emblem Three Houses - Fire Emblem was my entire gaming focus this month as it's the only game I actually played, during September I managed to just over 30 hours into the title which puts me barely half way, this game is massive and one hell of a time sink! The premise of the game is there are three houses of students at an academy and in the early sections of the game you get to know the students and eventually you'll pick the house you want to lead, each of the three houses features exclusive characters (some can be recruited to other houses though) and unique stories so to see the entire story you need to play it three times. Once you've selected your house you go from month to month watching the story take place and on each Sunday you'll have the opportunity to do certain tasks. On these free days you can do side quest, training or extra battles but the main idea behind this is that you use this time to train and get to know your students. The game is completely open class and build wise so you can build the students as you see fit, obviously the characters have their own stat builds so it's key you build them effectively but it's also completely open, the training is similar to FMM in many ways where you select areas for the students to train but you then have to motivate them to do well in classes/training. The ways to motivate the students is by general interactions, by giving them gifts, eating meals together and a few other activities and the better you know the student the better you can select the best activity to motivate them. It's a massive time sink (over 30 hours to play first 11 chapters) but the story is that engrossing I was eager to push on through it and seeing the characters grow how I wanted them to was pretty rewarding, especially as you get to know everyone, the characters can be a tad cliche but in general they're all written well. As for my play through I decided to play as The Blue Lions which are led by Dimitri and after a few hours I thought I made the wrong choice as I found him annoying and he was your typical goody goody boring character, however in recent chapter's (especially C11, OMG) his story and tone has shifted and I'm excited to see where it goes from here, I'm totally hooked on his development. Anyway this game is split in two halves as after chapter 12 the story jumps ahead 5 years and from everything I've heard the game really takes off at this point but I've not got to that point as yet (just started C12) so look forward to those opinions next month. Gameplay wise I'm playing on normal difficulty but with the classic Fire Emblem perma-death so if a student falls in battle they're completely dead and removed from the game, however I've found Three Houses disappointingly easy so far as only one battle gave me any real worries but they didn't last due to the ability to rewind turns, this ability is limited and saves you resetting levels but it does break the game somewhat, if I replay the game doing another path I'll switch to hard mode for sure. Mission wise Three Houses is your typical SRPG where strategy is key in achieving your objective without death as you move and battle your characters on a grided map, while the objectives are mainly reach this point on the map or eliminate the enemies, it's pretty traditional (apart from the removal of the weapons triangle which also makes it easier) but it's exactly what I wanted, in truth I love the battles but I am still unsure on the whole school aspect of the game. Story wise I really don't know what to say as after 30+ hours of it there is so much to cover and tbh it's that bloody good I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone, the story is really engaging and bloody gripping so far with the promise of it getting even better once I get to the second half. It just has the right mix of solid characters, intrigue, mystery drama, shocks, emotion and weight that the story has really kept me pushing on, it's even gave me goosebumps, it's fucking excellent. My only real knock on the story is a big one and it's the character you play as and how he interacts, he's just really dull compared to everyone else and just lacks personality completely, especially as everyone is voice acted and your character hardly ever is, this is the story of the Three Houses and their leaders and you just feel like a third wheel, don't get me wrong he has his own interesting story and history but I dunno I'm not attached to my playable character at all. It's a problem I had in another Fire Emblem in the Fates trilogy on the 3DS and it just doesn't work for me, it worked in Awakening I think but since then I've hated being the "side main character", it's just odd. It's like playing a Zelda and instead of being Link you're some side character following him around, it just feels odd. Anyway all in all I'm really enjoying Three Houses so far and I can't wait to continue with it throughout October, I just hope to have it finished in that month haha. Game Of The Year

Spoiler

New Releases

1. Fire Emblem Three Houses 
2. Tetris 99
3. Reigns Game Of Thrones
4. Dr Mario World

First Time Played This Year

1. Starlink Battle For Atlus
2. Mario + Rabbids Donkey Kong Adventure
3. In Between 
4. Super Mario Party 
5. The Way Remastered 

Recent Pick Ups

I won another Twitter giveaway 😂😂😂, I've hardly even entered many recently but I saw one for a game I wanted so I threw my hat into the ring and on my birthday of all days I got the congratulations message :D. 

Slime-San - Switch - £0 Via Talk Nintendo Podcast - I've nearly bought Slime-San a few times as it was a early Switch release which included a demo which I enjoyed, gameplay wise you're looking at a tough platformer in the Meat Boy style with a wonderfully unique art style iirc, tbf it was over two years ago I played the demo so we'll see haha. 

TLOZ Link's Awakening - Switch - £36 - A completely unplanned pick up as I intended to skip LA until later in the year due to Fire Emblem and DQXIs but the opportunity to get it stupidly cheap brand new and sealed presented itself to me (promotions + discounts) and I just couldn't resist, this likely now means I'll be skipping DQXI until after Pokemon though. 

Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 - Wii - £1.50 - This game has been on my radar for a while as apparently it's one of the best first person shooters on the Wii to utilise the pointer controls. An added bonus of this game iirc is it also includes a more light gun mode where you can play through the game in a similar way to the old Time Crisis arcade games which sounds awesome, all in all I'm happy with this pick up. 

Snake Amiibo - £14.99 - I'm undecided if I want to get back into Amiibo or not as I've missed out on a few harder to acquire ones, but when I saw Snake was available I grabbed him partly because I wanted him and partly because I thought this would be my only chance to get him. As a character I like Snake but I have only played the first two games due to being an Nintendo fan but he's it's a decent figure to be honest. 

I actually picked up another Switch game but it's not been delivered as yet so I'll reveal it in October's update :p. Any guesses? It's an older game I got on sale but I specifically got it due to it's online multiplayer as I have some people to play it with 😛

22 hours ago, topline said:

i've a question to for the masses..

Im keen to get back into Fifa, having not played it in any form since Fifa14 for Xbox360.
I dont care at all about Ultimate team, nor online play. I only ever cared about career mode.

Is Fifa20 a good game? (in know its a rehash of 19 blah blah blah, but I never played 19) I like the idea of playing with the current rosters

Im hoping to pick up a copy for cheap on Black Friday or once the release hype allows for some pre-owned copies to start to appear.

thoughts?

I don't like fifa but don't buy the switch version. It's ridiculous bad. 43/100 in metacritic. 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Slime-San - Switch - £0 Via Talk Nintendo Podcast - I've nearly bought Slime-San a few times as it was a early Switch release which included a demo which I enjoyed, gameplay wise you're looking at a tough platformer in the Meat Boy style with a wonderfully unique art style iirc, tbf it was over two years ago I played the demo so we'll see haha.😛

free with a podcast???but how

8 hours ago, zaangie said:

I don't like fifa but don't buy the switch version. It's ridiculous bad. 43/100 in metacritic. 

Wow, that's horrendous lmao. I've actually not seen any Fifa Switch coverage but that's mainly because I tend to follow more American outlets who don't care for Fifa much lol. 

@Ashez is it bomberman?

Nope. Like Bomberman though it's not a Switch exclusive. For those that don't know Super Bomberman R was released on everything eventually.

8 hours ago, topline said:

free with a podcast???but how

Twitter retweet giveaway mate, every more or less episode they give a game away via twitter. Simply just have to retweet the episode post t be entered. 

@Ashez I guess I have to wait for the answer eheh.

Finally put some time on Dragon Quest XI demo and looks stunning. Definitely going to my list. 

Bought today FFX/X2 on sale. I'll go crazy in blitzball lmao. 

@Ashez I guess I have to wait for the answer eheh.

Finally put some time on Dragon Quest XI demo and looks stunning. Definitely going to my list. 

Bought today FFX/X2 on sale. I'll go crazy in blitzball lmao. 

:D

DQXIs looks incredible, it's really annoyed me I'm not playing it yet but life happens lol. My plan is to finish Fire Emblem but I don't want to rush it so I'm doing everything still, but I need to beat that with enough time to play Links Awakening before November 15th which is when Pokemon releases, thankfully Zelda isn't too long of a game. Oh shoot the Lion King and Aladdin release is early November as well 😂. So really I need Fire Emblem and Zelda done this month but we'll see 😂. After Pokemon DQXI is at the top of my list as long as I'm not sick of RPGs by then 😂

Either way I'm not being late to Pokemon, I think alot of the appeal of that series is playing it when everyone else is. Who's getting Pokemon here? 

I've never played a Final Fantasy but I had noticed that one is available for a  decent price of late, I just dunno if I'm interested lol