Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

55 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ash you are nuts when it comes to planning it all. I love it! 

You don't see the half of it 😂 

1. I have a collection app - Mainly to stop me buying doubles lol. 

2. I have a list of my entire backlog ordered by console + their rough length in hours which really helps me pick what to tackle, admittedly it does put me off playing alot of them though 😂

3. I have a wish list for most consoles 

4. I have Ebay saved searches and notifications, an Amazon wishlist and Camel alerts to drops to my interested price, oh and 365Games price alerts. 

5. I have a two year long list of every Switch release I'm interested in and their release date, if I've pre ordered it where from and so on. 

6. I have various links and screenshots saved for future projects I don't want to forget.

7. Obviously my what I've been playing notes 

Like I love organising everything and I get such a buzz out of crossing a game off as completed or even just purchased lol. The only thing currently annoying me is I'm neglecting the backlog but I knew that would happen with this many new releases which is why I tried to knock so many out in the previous months lol. 

@Ashez I'm getting Pokémon even tho I'm not hyped about yet. And I'm a big fan.

I'm not a fan on Final Fantasy but X marked me so much in my life, it's a masterpiece. I need to buy 7 because it's a classic and I never played more than a hour of it. 

I'm hyped for Pokemon tbf, it's always a good time. Decided on a version yet? Mad to think it's a month away. 

10 is the only one to appeal somewhat but I dunno if I'll ever get to it lol

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yooka-Laylee has reviewed well if anyone is interested.

Not seen any reviews yet but it's on my keep an eye on list already, still annoyed the original didn't get a Switch physical release though tbh so I might be petty and ignore it 😛

On 03/10/2019 at 20:43, Rob said:

That is wonderfully petty. 😭

Yooka, Zelda LA, or Luigi’s Mansion is going to be my next game... which says a lot about me.

Oh 100% it's petty but I'm legitimately annoyed a game that big can only get a limited US only physical release. They're based in England ffs and the real kicker is it got a physical release here on Xbox/PS4. I just think it's shitty, especially as Playtonic did so well due to their Nintendo history with Rare/Donkey Kong/Banjo. Don't worry physical copies are only £80 online.....

Anyway looked into the second one and it looks pretty decent but nothing is making me want it urgently lol. It looks better than the first tbf but the first hit that 3D platformer niche. The next time I feel like a 2D platformer this will be high on the list though. 

Zelda isn't a £50 game imo, Yooka is budget priced and I'm not a Luigi can lol. 

22 hours ago, zaangie said:

@ashez I'll go for shield. It's color is similar to Ruby so I'm going for it lmao

You won't be disappointed with 10, believe me. 

I'm leaning Shield as well atm but the exclusives will decide if for me. 

Maybe I'll try it eventually lol

2 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I'm just good at guessing 😎

I recently discovered my brothers have been playing it online on the Xbox, it annoyed me I wasn't invited but they didn't realise it was cross platform with the Switch. 

I knew playing it tonight would let the cat out the bag haha. 

6 minutes ago, zaangie said:

It is cross platform for a while already. Are you enjoying? 

I've played it before on the 360, but only multiplayer with them. I've not really played much atm as tonight I was just setting my account up really and checking it worked. I like Minecraft in the right setting but I'm not creative enough to get the most out of it or willing to put the time in haha. Dragon Quest Builders > Minecraft for single player as I love the story and purpose but Minecraft is a laugh in the right environment

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Anyone got any Links in yet? I’ve not got it yet and was interested in what people thought.

Links Awakening? I think Ash has it but hasn’t got to it yet. I’ve only heard good reviews about it though!

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Anyone got any Links in yet? I’ve not got it yet and was interested in what people thought.

I'm C19/22 on Fire Emblem so I'm hoping to get to it this week, I had hoped to beat FE this weekend but I'm working 😭 lol. 

I've two mates with it who are enjoying it, have you played the original @Rob?

I am fairly sure I played the original. I’m so tempted to get it but I can’t justify the price - I need some of Ash’s discount ability 😭

12 hours ago, Rob said:

I am fairly sure I played the original. I’m so tempted to get it but I can’t justify the price - I need some of Ash’s discount ability 😭

From what I've read/heard from impressions it appears those that haven't played the original to death enjoyed it more as it's a straight no thrills remake. They've all questioned the price though, I'm still shocked it's a £50 game. Then again it's £46.50 atm on Amazon and £45 at Tesco. It should have been £40 though imo. 

I think those that don't have mass knowledge of the original enjoy it more as it adds to the exploring etc, if you know where you're going and what you're doing it's a short 10 odd hours, maybe closer to 15 if you don't know and around 20 to 100%. 

It's not always a good scale but I typically have two ways of justifying iffy prices to myself in backward ways 

1. £1 a hour isn't bad (I paid £50 for Fire Emblem and I'll likely break 50 hours. Considering I over paid by £8-10 I can't really complain. Even £2 a hour isn't unthinkable but when I start getting over that I get put off

2. Price against hours to afford it, say Links Awakening cost me three hours wage, any hours over that I get in return is a bonus. Like FMM everyone moans but it's basically a hours pay and even if you hate it you'll get that hours worth and likely many many more. One season is like 5-6 hours ffs. 

Both are incredibly flawed and daft but it helps me at times lol. 

Take the Lion King/Aladdin remake as an example, it's a game I want as it's one my favourite ever games and one I'm massively nostalgic for. Yet £30 for a remake of a short game I've played to death does make me hesitate. But if I think it's a game I'll return to alot, it took me three hours to afford it and I'll likely get to £2-3 pound a hour I find it easier to swallow lol. 

Then you have Nintendo games just never go on sale. BOTW is still £50-60, Odyssey is still £40-45, Mario Kart is still full price and so on, Links Awakening will be £45-50 for months if not years so at least it's a sound investment, unlike PS4 games which crash in price in no time. 

I do love to hate Nintendo's pricing lol. 

Anyway I got distracted into a ramble lol, I'll hopefully have LA impressions in a week or two tops @Rob

Edited by Ashez

Haha, bit of emotion there. IMO they need more a 20-30 quid tier for remakes or something I guess? Is there a classic range for Switch?

Edited by Rob
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Haha, bit of emotion there. IMO they need more a 20-30 quid tier for remakes or something I guess? Is there a classic range for Switch?

I'm a tight arse 😂😂😂

There are loads of decent physical games in the £20-30 price range imo, including various remakes, ports and whatever else, it just seems Nintendo think they're better than that and unfortunately they're usually proven right. 

Screenshot_2019-10-12-10-06-23.thumb.png.f7ee99610d740014403c8bd3ec5eae46.png

It charted at number 1 for all systems in the UK it's release week and the UK is one of the switches worst regions. 

Apparently only 1.9m Switch's have been sold in the UK

Screenshot_2019-10-12-10-09-58.thumb.png.e79c1f9b5d966c83d303473c3c3c3fbf.png

Nintendo and the UK have just never gelled 😢

Interesting, and it totally justifies their pricing. I guess less people owning a Switch = higher percentage of fanboys who will pay full price.

Loving every minute. I loved this game back in PS2 days and it's still fascinating me. 

Whereabouts are you in the game now? 

Ive still got X-2 to play on my copy, I’m actually pretty sick of Rpg’s at the moment though 

7 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Whereabouts are you in the game now? 

Ive still got X-2 to play on my copy, I’m actually pretty sick of Rpg’s at the moment though 

Just got to Calm Lands. I could be further but I play a lot of blitzball lmao. 

I played X2 once I think and gave up because I used to suck at rpgs back in the day. Now it's different, I have to beat it. 

Just got to Calm Lands. I could be further but I play a lot of blitzball lmao. 

I played X2 once I think and gave up because I used to suck at rpgs back in the day. Now it's different, I have to beat it. 

I didn’t play much blitzball this time around tbh. It felt so much more of a time sink that it was originally lol

I sunk over a 100 hours into FF X alone, and that’s without even loading X-2. That’s a 60 hour game minimum! Not bad value in my opinion

You guys are just making me want DQXIs more 😂

@Rob - At the start of C21/22 so around 2-6 hours left in Fire Emblem :), I'll predicted to be done around Thursday 

48 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I didn’t play much blitzball this time around tbh. It felt so much more of a time sink that it was originally lol

I sunk over a 100 hours into FF X alone, and that’s without even loading X-2. That’s a 60 hour game minimum! Not bad value in my opinion

I'm nuts about blitzball. Always wanted a spin off abour it but with more complex gameplay. 

Totally worth it. And post story has nice content. 

@Ashezthen go play lmao ehehe can't wait for black Friday to try snag that game. 

Just now, zaangie said:

I'm nuts about blitzball. Always wanted a spin off abour it but with more complex gameplay. 

Totally worth it. And post story has nice content. 

@Ashezthen go play lmao ehehe can't wait for black Friday to try snag that game. 

I don't own it yet and I won't until after Pokemon now 😂. I'm not being late to Pokemon and there is zero chance I'll knock out a 100 hour RPG by next month 😂