Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Do you guys download games you can pick up in the shops or do you tend to prefer a physical copy?

Yooka-Laylee is 25 quid to download, but 28 quid on amazon. It’s usually the other way around 🙄

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Do you guys download games you can pick up in the shops or do you tend to prefer a physical copy?

Yooka-Laylee is 25 quid to download, but 28 quid on amazon. It’s usually the other way around 🙄

Physical all day long for me. I'd happily pay the £3 extra to have a copy for life, that is mine, that I can keep/sell and hold. I'll never have to worry about the game being removed from the eshop or anything. 

Especially when there is always another shop ;)

Yooka physical for £24 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3421507

@Rob

39 minutes ago, Rob said:

I prefer physical, and if the price is fairly close as your example is I’d go for the physical all day long. I do own a fair few digital copies of games though. As Ash said, the resale alone on physical is worth it. Even if you decide to sell Yooka laylee a year down the line you’d probably get what £10-£15 on it so that more than makes up for the £3 extra you’re paying now

Take Batman Telltale for example, the game is an unplayable broken mess. I got it for £20 on an Amazon sale not knowing it was unplayable, but it's £12 on the eshop. So I paid £8 more but that company has since gone bankrupt and some of their games have been pulled from sale I believe, Anyway if that was a digital purchase I'd be stuck with an unplayable game I likely wouldn't even keep downloaded. At least the physical copy sits on my shelf or I can trade it in for £14 if I wanted, I somewhat expect it's value to go up as well considering I doubt many bought it due to it's bugs and because of the companies issues. Still so annoyed it wasn't patched as the game is brilliant. 

It's one I've debated getting rid of a few times, if it wasn't Batman I would have but as it is I know I'd only want it again just for the collection aspect and it's £22 second hand at Cex atm, or £28 new. I paid less than that on release lol.

I'll only buy digital on steep sale or if it's digital only/I've missed a limited release. Hard West has been on sale for £4 on the eshop, it gets a physical release next month for £31, I'll admit that's when I get twitchy. But that's when you wait and find deals

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Point well made chaps and thoroughly taken on board. 

Thanks.

I'll have a decent example of this in my monthly update actually ;)

I would be more happier if it was National Dex announcement lmao 

added 0 minutes later

Btw Persons 5S looks great. People thought it was going to be a classic musou game but it's not. 

@Rob More Zelda opinions 

I'm currently outside the 4th dungeon which I've not attempted yet. And I'm sorry to say it but something about Link's Awakening just isn't landing with me, I'm enjoying it yet I also feel like I'm just going through the motions in a very obtuse game, I'm not even sure if that's because I've played some of it before or not as I remember so little. I said earlier it was hand holdy but that soon disappears into aimless wondering about, which brings me on to my biggest problem with the game, the over world. 

The over world just isn't fun to explore, it's utterly packed with frustrating enemies (flying or ranged attacks), Link walks really slow, I have no range attacks yet and the swords reach is crap and I'm constantly having to remember to equip my shield. The combat is also my least liked form of Zelda combat as most of it is waiting based, waiting based combat is one reason I'm not fond of OOT. It's not easy though as I have died 16 times, that is more from carelessness with the shield though. 

Anyway the enemies are what they are but the map is full of dead ends, obstacles you need items to remove, holes which constantly suck you in and small or hard to see pathways. I'll admit I'm writing this while annoyed as I spent ages on one part stuck as fuck simply because I missed one tiny pathway (animal village) which is what I needed to progress but the amount of times I've stopped and had to examine the map to stupid amounts just to work out how to get to where I want to go. If it's not holes or boulders blocking your way it's trees or fences or walls and it just feels like I'm constantly walking around things to get to where I want to go. I thought I dropped this game originally due to it's out dated item management which is why the remake got me excited but I'm starting to think I just don't like this game. It feels like a compressed Zelda game while other parts feel dragged out like needing to do a side quest to advance the story or finding a character and having no idea where they might be. For example in dungeon three you get the running shoes and are taught how to long jump, to progress to dungeon four you need to cross the river, having checked the map I find one obvious "I can jump that" section so I head there. Guess what? You can't jump it, instead you have to find a bloody stairway hidden under grass......Like I said aimless wondering. Maybe it makes the over world more dungeon like but in my annoyed state I'm not a fan. 

I'm still having fun as the story, characters, locations and dungeons are solid so far but I'm really not keen on this over world, the design just feels very dated and the hint system is too kind or offers basically nothing haha. I just feel like I'm going through the motions, nothing has wowed me or excited me I'm just playing it. 

Yeah the £50 price tag is rough. 

7.5/10 atm I think, 7 seems a tad harsh and 8 seems high lol. I dunno how it got all these top scores though, it's a very so so game. I think if you like it it would be like a comfort food type of game, especially with its length as it wouldn't be bad to replay, and knowing the way would make it quicker.

Saying that it is one I might have to replay though as the elements I do like are there but it's just not clicking, maybe I'm just not in the right place for it after such a good game in Fire Emblem. I dunno but I do feel like I'm being extra critical if that makes any sense, perhaps I should of had a palate cleanser game in between, maybe my iffy thoughts on the original are lingering, I dunno I just expected to love it and instead I'm just going through the motions. 

No promises but I'm off until Sunday and the missus is away until Monday so I might even finish it this week since I'm basically half way lol. Then again I did turn it off before starting the 4th dungeon to stop myself rushing through it lol. 

26 minutes ago, zaangie said:

finally beat FFX story

How long?

26 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Did you beat all dark aeons?

Is this post game? I think I remember @Nucleustalking about some daft bosses thinking about it 

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

@Nucleus finally beat FFX story. Did you beat all dark aeons? I don't know if I have the patient to grind and farm.. 

I beat dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva. I attempted Dark Bahamut but got pulverised every single time 😅 I think the grind for the dark aeons alone added another 25-30 hours on my playtime

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

How long?

Is this post game? I think I remember @Nucleustalking about some daft bosses thinking about it 

Around 60 hours but I played a lot of blitzball so I beat the game in like 45 hours or something like that. 

Yes, it's post game and they are bloody strong lmao. 

@Nucleus yeah, I remember back in the day I couldn't beat them all without zanmato cheat. I'm gonna try grind and beat them like a man 😂 but if I take too much time I'll probably give up and focus on bliztball and X2

Edited by zaangie
56 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Nucleus yeah, I remember back in the day I couldn't beat them all without zanmato cheat. I'm gonna try grind and beat them like a man 😂 but if I take too much time I'll probably give up and focus on bliztball and X2

I used the Don tonberry trick to grind sphere levels but even to get to that stage takes a LOT of grinding. Look it up, it’ll save you hours :) 

Who’s your usual party members??

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I used the Don tonberry trick to grind sphere levels but even to get to that stage takes a LOT of grinding. Look it up, it’ll save you hours :) 

Who’s your usual party members??

Whats that? I guess I have to check guides for grinding fast too. 

I don't have any party setup. I usually go with auron, lulu and yuna/tidus/wakka. 

I beat Jetch with Rikku, tidus and Yuna. Never knew how powerful rikkus' overdrive was. So I went with trio of 9999 and spammed water gem which gives 5 hits at once. Tidus with hastega and dire hit. Yuna with pray. I won in a few minutes. I was mind blowing. Never thought this was possible lmao. 

20 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Whats that? I guess I have to check guides for grinding fast too. 

It’s basivally a monster arena trick that gets you about 50 sphere levels per battle, but the grind to actually set all of it up perfectly is daunting itself! Here’s a guide on how to set it up if you’re interested:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686086248

Nice! I usually roll out with Rikku, Wakka and Tidus. I’d love to use Khimari Ronso more but he’s the worst party member stats wise iirc

22 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s basivally a monster arena trick that gets you about 50 sphere levels per battle, but the grind to actually set all of it up perfectly is daunting itself! Here’s a guide on how to set it up if you’re interested:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686086248

Nice! I usually roll out with Rikku, Wakka and Tidus. I’d love to use Khimari Ronso more but he’s the worst party member stats wise iirc

That looks awesome. 

Yeah, Khimari is awesome but he's useless :( my fav is Auron. He's so badass. 

Edited by zaangie
5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Has this got anything to do with the Mackem invasion this weekend?

Indeed, I've taken no chances with @samhardyin town and sent her to a safe house. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Good idea as I hear he is surprisingly good looking.

I just hope the caravan park she's hiding out in is nowhere near @Ian 😂😂 

Na it's her best mates kids birthday this week so they go to the caravan every year :)

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I just hope the caravan park she's hiding out in is nowhere near @Ian 😂😂 

Na it's her best mates kids birthday this week so they go to the caravan every year :)

I’m not at the caravan this weekend so you don’t have to worry.

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

See! It’s not that bad 😂

Was basically hardly any over world shit 😂

Started at entrance of D4, beat that then basically had to find two places which I knew the location of and then do D5 lol.