Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Pokémon Shield.

That's the way I'm leaning design wise, but I'll look at known exclusives over the weekend and decide, I think Sword appears more popular so going Shield might be good for trades. I had hoped to have more info by now though, I need to see official starters before picking lol.

@Nucleuswhen are you getting it? Have you decided which version?

8 hours ago, zaangie said:

2 hours of the demo was enough to fell in love.

Btw this makes me so happy lol, I've pushed this game to anyone that will listen haha. I'm gutted I've not got to it yet but I will asap.

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

We got a trailer

Not watched it but I've read about the changes, they sound good tbf as long as the items are easy to acquire. 

If I'm not working Saturday I'll sink as much time into it as I can before I fall asleep lol. Working both nights means I likely will have to ignore it Friday, but if I get as much sleep as possible Friday hopefully I'll be able to stay up Saturday lol. 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

@Nucleuswhen are you getting it? Have you decided which version

Not too sure. Hopefully onthis months payday which falls on the 25th, but it all depends with Xmas gifts and that tbh. Plus I’m 100% devoted to DQ right now so it also depends on when i finish that. I’m not too fussed with the playing it whilst everyone else is thing tbh, I’d quite as happily play it at the beginning of the year if I must 

6 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Not too sure. Hopefully onthis months payday which falls on the 25th, but it all depends with Xmas gifts and that tbh. Plus I’m 100% devoted to DQ right now so it also depends on when i finish that. I’m not too fussed with the playing it whilst everyone else is thing tbh, I’d quite as happily play it at the beginning of the year if I must 

I'm lucky payday is release day so that at least worked out for me lol, also put some cash aside in case black Friday is decent so I can hopefully stock up a few titles this month. 

I really hope I feel like DQ after Pokemon but it's tough to say, Fire Emblem is also calling me back a surprising amount, since I finished the first route I've just wanted to play another which is something I didn't expect at all. But since I don't have DQ and FE can wait I want Pokemon at release. 

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez if it's hard to farm those items I'll rage. For me it makes no sense to be this hard to create a competitive team. Breeding, nature's, EVs, IVs.. Bah. 

Agreed, but those bottle caps weren't easy to get last gen and tbh one thing that annoyed me the most about making competitive teams was what an arse getting the breeding and competitive items were was. I enjoy the Battle Towers a decent amount but having to grind them with shit teams to get the breeding items, then again to get the competitive items was utter nonsense. 

Treated myself to something a little special today :D

007 GoldenEye and Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 are now back in my collection :D. Only £14 for both n all :D

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Treated myself to something a little special today :D

007 GoldenEye and Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 are now back in my collection :D. Only £14 for both n all :D

Amazing classics. 

Pokémon is fully leaked. It looks awful. Geez how's this possible? If online isn't worth it I'm gonna sell this thing after one playthrough. 

28 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Pokémon is fully leaked. It looks awful. Geez how's this possible? If online isn't worth it I'm gonna sell this thing after one playthrough. 

Without massive spoilers why's it look bad? 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Without massive spoilers why's it look bad? 

Wild area looks very empty and bland. If you explore it and find some high level Pokémon you can't catch them unless you have passed a minimum required gym. 

Battle backgrounds doesn’t look pretty. Some battles against npc doesn't even have background. 

Fishing Pokémon sends you to battle in land with no sign of water. 

Can't disable exp share which is overpower in this game. 

More than 100 moves got cut like return, frustration, hidden power and persuit. 

Rival has the same animations as last game. 

Graphics in wild area doesn't look good. 

9 hours ago, zaangie said:

If you explore it and find some high level Pokémon you can't catch them unless you have passed a minimum required gym. 

The gym requirement is a tad bizarre but I love the chance of running into a beast or "boss battle" and having a real challenge. 

Battle backgrounds doesn’t look pretty. Some battles against npc doesn't even have background. 

From what I've seen they do only look okay tbf but not much of a big deal imo. 

Fishing Pokémon sends you to battle in land with no sign of water. 

Yeah that's admittedly annoying

Can't disable exp share which is overpower in this game. 

I'll admit it should be an option but it depends how it's balanced, in XY it was completely broken but in S/M i didn't think it was that bad as the game was balanced around it. 

More than 100 moves got cut like return, frustration, hidden power and persuit. 

Nothing wrong with new experiences, it's an odd decision though 

Rival has the same animations as last game. 

Potentially worrisome lol

Graphics in wild area doesn't look good. 

I've never been a graphics snob tbh, not saying you are mind haha. 

5 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Are you enjoying DQ @zaangie?

Yes. Only play 2 hours yet but I'm behind where I was in the demo. I'm trying to explore a little more this time. The game is beautiful. 

11 minutes ago, zaangie said:

not being able to catch it makes no sense.

Historically it wouldn't listen to you anyway 

11 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Exp share is broken as hell in this game. 

If that is the case that's a big issue I agree. 

However, your first point is you're annoyed you can't catch over levelled Pokemon, yet your second point is the game forces you to potentially over level your Pokemon 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Obviously I get your point on both but reading them in that context tickled me lol. 

I really hoped the reviews dropped today :(

My point about the over level Pokémon is that you can't catch a rare Pokémon or a shiny if you have luck. And about not listening to you its only with traded pokemons tho. 

And my point about exp share is that the game because insanely easy. And it is based in what I saw already. 

5 hours ago, zaangie said:

catch a rare Pokémon or a shiny

That's fair tbh, I suppose they knew this feature could/would break the game so they made sure it couldn't 

not listening to you its only with traded pokemons tho. 

Good point, obviously forgot that key detail as that was only way to get higher level Pokemon lol

exp share is that the game because insanely easy. And it is based in what I saw already. 

If the game isn't balanced for it I do agree, as a QoL feature I do like it as I haven't got the time to grind like I did as a kid, however it does lose something if that takes some of the challenge away. However it's Pokemon, even with single EXP it adds more of a grind not challenge imo. 

34 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I have no words. 

w5vDZ4f_d.jpg

Yeah that's incredibly stupid. 

Just read the thread and I'll admit it's full of valid concerns, however these people are likely playing pirated copies, or there might be a day one patch and so on. Alot of the issues don't bother me at all but there are a few red flags, I've yet to place my pre order but I think I'll wait for reviews now. 

Thread, it's full of potential spoilers 

My thoughts on each point 

Spoiler

I've not looked at the Dex. 

1. It's annoying but I've moved passed it 

2. Slightly more annoying

3. I'll be going for 100% the new Pokemon so that'll bump my play time massively

4. Like I said I'm not a graphics snob and it might be patched, it's a frustrating potential issues though for sure. 

5. Same as 4

6. It's disappointing yet normal, loads of games reuses asset

7. Forced story is only an issue on multiple play throughs imo, it's a story driven game ffs. The difficulty is what it is though 

8. Never been one to care about post games. 

9. It's annoying yet makes sense

10. Good

11. I'm sure the GTS will have a replacement. 

12. Piss off. 

13. A concern but again could be patched day one

14. Same as above 

All in all I think 90% of this can be patched and might be day one, who knows what version these people have and if there is a patch it won't be out yet. 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just read the thread and I'll admit it's full of valid concerns, however these people are likely playing pirated copies, or there might be a day one patch and so on. Alot of the issues don't bother me at all but there are a few red flags, I've yet to place my pre order but I think I'll wait for reviews now. 

Thread, it's full of potential spoilers 

My thoughts on each point 

Reveal hidden contents

I've not looked at the Dex. 

1. It's annoying but I've moved passed it 

2. Slightly more annoying

3. I'll be going for 100% the new Pokemon so that'll bump my play time massively

4. Like I said I'm not a graphics snob and it might be patched, it's a frustrating potential issues though for sure. 

5. Same as 4

6. It's disappointing yet normal, loads of games reuses asset

7. Forced story is only an issue on multiple play throughs imo, it's a story driven game ffs. The difficulty is what it is though 

8. Never been one to care about post games. 

9. It's annoying yet makes sense

10. Good

11. I'm sure the GTS will have a replacement. 

12. Piss off. 

13. A concern but again could be patched day one

14. Same as above 

All in all I think 90% of this can be patched and might be day one, who knows what version these people have and if there is a patch it won't be out yet. 

That’s the thread i read too :( I’m holding off until someone I trust reviews it tbh

38 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

That’s the thread i read too :( I’m holding off until someone I trust reviews it tbh

It might be bad and if it is I'll be as gutted as anyone, I was so excited for this but now I feel numb if anything haha. I did want to be blown away but at this point I'll settle for just enjoying it I guess, I just hate the entitlement and toxicity in the Pokemon community. 

I can't stand this lad (Verlisify) but this video popped up and my curiosity got the better of me. 

He makes some decent points and shows some of that thread as iffy, so it's which ever side you believe now. 

@zaangie @Nucleus

54 minutes ago, Ashez said:

so it's which ever side you believe now. 

That’s why I’m waiting on proper reviews 😂

I’ll be gutted if it sucks, but at the moment it’s just got a massive red flag hovering over it

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

That’s why I’m waiting on proper reviews 😂

I’ll be gutted if it sucks, but at the moment it’s just got a massive red flag hovering over it

That video does declaim a fair few of the points, hopefully reviews drop today at 1pm. It was rumoured to happen at that time yesterday but it never did. 

Spent the last hour bingeing Pokemon reviews and I'm sold, so much so I've just placed my order for Pokemon Shield. I'll admit it might not be the incredible new Pokemon experience I hoped it could be but it still looks excellent. I'm excited :D

As for that "leak" thread linked above its basically confirmed he was playing a pirated copy of the game while hacking it which meant it performed poorly! Granted that doesn't remove all the potential issues but most. 

I'm excited for a new game with close to 100 new Pokemon to capture and train. The wild area does look disappointing yet still pretty cool at the same time. Bring on Friday!

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’ve never ‘got’ Pokemon. Weird. I should really like it! 

I'm like that with Star Wars, it's everything I should love but for some reason I can't get into it at all. 

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

Spent the last hour bingeing Pokemon reviews and I'm sold, so much so I've just placed my order for Pokemon Shield. I'll admit it might not be the incredible new Pokemon experience I hoped it could be but it still looks excellent. I'm excited :D

As for that "leak" thread linked above its basically confirmed he was playing a pirated copy of the game while hacking it which meant it performed poorly! Granted that doesn't remove all the potential issues but most. 

I'm excited for a new game with close to 100 new Pokemon to capture and train. The wild area does look disappointing yet still pretty cool at the same time. Bring on Friday!

I don't know how you're still excited lmao it got the worst rating of the main series in metacritic. I'll probably enjoy it but pretty sure I'll be mad lmao 

added 0 minutes later
8 hours ago, Rob said:

I’ve never ‘got’ Pokemon. Weird. I should really like it! 

If you don't get into when you're younger its hard to get into now. That's what I feel. 

57 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I don't know how you're still excited lmao it got the worst rating of the main series in metacritic. I'll probably enjoy it but pretty sure I'll be mad lmao 

added 0 minutes later

If you don't get into when you're younger its hard to get into now. That's what I feel. 

The ones pulling it down 

Screenshot_2019-11-14-18-11-48.thumb.png.2c6893f4df81c09fcaca8bdc79f68689.png

1. Comparing it to BOTW is fucking stupid, this is their first console game since the Wii and first console RPG since the Gamecube and it's Gamefreak not Nintendo ffs, Zelda has been on consoles and 3D for over a decade and BOTW took like 5 years to make. Don't get me wrong those first trailers did seem to show the game as revamping the series but never to a BOTW level lol, the wild area did bring BOTW to mind I agree, I think I even said it but I never expected a BOTW Pokemon on the first attempt. Just a snide conclusion tbh. 

2. Criticising it for something it isn't instead of embracing what's made Pokemon Pokemon for the past 20 odd years. 

3. That's never a 6/10 conclusion

4. Again I wouldn't say that reads like a 6/10 and feels nit picky. 

The unscored reviews 

Screenshot_2019-11-14-18-19-59.thumb.png.be634716302265b20819812f36c138a0.png

All appear mostly positive but one or two. 

15 positive to 4 mixed reviews. Currently 81 compared to 87 of Moon, 90 odd new Pokemon and making online accessible is all gravy in my book.