Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Well if you can't make it easy to move around maybe you should wait for a sale. 

Only played for hour and half so I can't say much. But so far it looks worse than I expected. Graphics are bad. Animations are ridiculous. Just look like a 3ds game ported to the switch. No voice acting in cutscenes is stupid. And then out of nowhere it drops two wishing stars from the sky so you can use dynamax lmao, never saw such dumbass thing. Game Freak really drop the ball. Time for Nintendo to come in. 

Edited by zaangie
44 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Well if you can't make it easy to move around maybe you should wait for a sale. 

I've never seen a new dock in stock never mind on sale lol, and second hand shops round us rarely have any sales. Going to keep an eye out for an official charger for black Friday. 

46 minutes ago, zaangie said:

But so far it looks worse than I expected. Graphics are bad. Animations are ridiculous. Just look like a 3ds game ported to the switch.

I really don't think they're that bad tbh, they aren't great but I've got used to the graphics and am rather enjoying them. I do "oh shit that looks rough" more than I'd like yet I'm still really enjoying it regardless. 

The 3DS roots are clear to see. 

48 minutes ago, zaangie said:

No voice acting in cutscenes is stupid.

This I 100% agree with, it feels empty without it. 

48 minutes ago, zaangie said:

And then out of nowhere it drops two wishing stars from the sky so you can use dynamax lmao,

The story isn't great but I can't say I've played any Pokemon game for the story, it's all about the journey 

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

So you play Pokémon for what? Multiplayer? I wish they did a game more focused on single player and story. Colosseum and XD were so great. 

Collecting, team building, nostalgia, exploring, battling and just fun. 

Have you played Colosseum recently? That was rough back in the day never mind now lol. The story and mechanics were cool yet such a drag, I've played through it twice as a kid and I have as many frustrating memories as I do fun ones lol

Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest I'm all about the story but with Pokemon not so much. 

19 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Colosseum didn't age well I guess. But I had great fun in that time. 

That 100 battle tower to get the Ho-Ho, I spent so many hours on that! 

I never did play XD though. 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ash doesn’t NEED a new dock; he just cannot resist buying more Ninty kit. It’s a proper addiction 😂

😂😂😂😂😂

I actually hate buying Nintendo accessories as they're daftly expensive and it's very risky buying anything third party. Third party docks and chargers have been known to break systems. 

As for needing it I've found myself not playing Pokemon the last two nights for example as the missus wanted to watch TV (a battle I won't win as if I push it the Switch will be out front room for good), and I don't wanna waste it in handheld mode. But if I had easy access on another TV I'd be playing it now

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Most of the time I play in handheld mode. 

95% of my playtime is in handheld too. I had the opportunity for the telly yesterday morning but I still went handheld 😂 people have different preferences when it comes to it I guess

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

What do you mean by wasting in handheld mode? Switch is great because of that. Most of the time I play in handheld mode. 

I dunno really, it's a development in my mental state I bloody hate! The 3DS has been my favourite system for years now, I've spent 100 of hours playing that as a handheld obviously, yet with the Switch I always want the TV experience, don't get me wrong I do play in handheld mode but nowhere near as often as I'd have thought, when the system was announced I thought I'd play it handheld all the time but I just don't. 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

95% of my playtime is in handheld too. I had the opportunity for the telly yesterday morning but I still went handheld 😂 people have different preferences when it comes to it I guess

I think it might be because I still have loads of 3DS/DS games I could be playing and as I've never been keen on the Wii/WiiU now I have a system I actually want to play on the TV I want to play it all the time. 

Whenever I play Switch in handheld mode I have no issues and I enjoy it, yet it's like I've a mental block that means I discredit that at times. I'll admit it's 100% odd but it's how I'm wired atm lol, the Switch Lite did absolutely nothing for me but I think I'd get a more dedicated TV system in a heart beat. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Whenever I play Switch in handheld mode I have no issues and I enjoy it, yet it's like I've a mental block that means I discredit that at times. I'll admit it's 100% odd but it's how I'm wired atm lol, the Switch Lite did absolutely nothing for me but I think I'd get a more dedicated TV system in a heart beat. 

I’ve got the Xbox for the tv so I can cure my tv itch that way see. I totally get your point. I’m guessing if I didn’t have another console I’d be all over the switch on the tv too

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve got the Xbox for the tv so I can cure my tv itch that way see. I totally get your point. I’m guessing if I didn’t have another console I’d be all over the switch on the tv too

It is game dependant as I've found there are some games I'm more likely to play handheld than others. 

22 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Witcher 3 available for £34.99 on Amazon right now. Seriously tempting me

Bloody hell that is a decent price, due to the cart size I never saw that being discounted. The game looks great but every review says it's worth it in handheld but not for TV mode so £35 is still a tad steep for me. 

Deals I'm hopeful for - 

DQXI - Any drop I'll bite as I'm buying it Any way eventually

Smash - £30/35 I'll be interested

Aladdin/Lion King + Sphinx + Darksiders + Yooka + Bloodstained + Saints Row + Let's Go + Yugioh - Around or slightly under £20 I'll be very tempted 

South Park - Needs to hit £17 again lol

Skyrim - I'd bite if it hit £25 which it has on eshop. 

Also got on my radar this which goes on sale tomorrow

Screenshot_2019-11-22-11-11-03.thumb.png.5481bf8daf9925022c5645adcc07466b.png

Dunno how cheap I'd bite though but I expect it to drop to £20 only which might not tickle my fancy 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Witcher 3 available for £34.99 on Amazon right now. Seriously tempting me

Thats not bad. The port is so well made. 

31 minutes ago, Rob said:

Cracking price for The Witcher. Not been many good deals in Black Friday week yet.

Game's sale starts Monday so hoping they'll compete with each other 😂

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Game's sale starts Monday so hoping they'll compete with each other 😂

Do amazon still do that haggling service? 😂 I seem to remember you getting something g reduced because you spotted it cheaper elsewhere lol. It may have been Starlink come to think of it 

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Do amazon still do that haggling service? 😂 I seem to remember you getting something g reduced because you spotted it cheaper elsewhere lol. It may have been Starlink come to think of it 

It's not haggling but it can get them to reduce the price, I've had no luck with it recently though 

For those not in the know, go on the web browser Amazon and under product details there is a "tell us of a lower price" feature and occasionally they'll match it 

Screenshot_2019-11-22-18-02-58.thumb.png.22e3e7ab67ec5e59ebaa73e562edbdab.png

Also another God send is CamelCamelCamel. It's an Amazon price charting website where you can track all the prices it's been to know how good a deal you're getting, you can also set up price alerts which @Nucleustaught me haha. 

Screenshot_2019-11-22-18-07-27.thumb.png.bbe045d52578a94718578aba392bc7ad.png

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

This is where I heard about Witcher btw so it’s superb :) 

Nothing more annoying than missing the email and the price changing by time you get to it though 😂

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nothing more annoying than missing the email and the price changing by time you get to it though 😂

I had a double email today though! It dropped to £37.99 which I sent you then upon checking amazon it had dropped again to its current price which i had an unread email about 😂

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I had a double email today though! It dropped to £37.99 which I sent you then upon checking amazon it had dropped again to its current price which i had an unread email about 😂

I have most my alerts really low tbf, I use them more for deals I can't turn down compared to decent drops as I check my wish list pretty often so I have a rough idea what's worth what. 

Not sure if this is of any use to anyone. £14.79 for a download code for Overwatch: Legendary Edition on switch from CDKeys

added 0 minutes later

It’s around £25 physical so a decent deal if you’re not bothered about having it in your hand 

56 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Is that some classic joke from UK? 

Just a very chavvy expression I've not heard for a while

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jog on

It was basically popularised by a football hooligan film with Danny Dyer. 

Just waiting for someone to call me a mug or mon now 😂, ahh I hate people saying mon (as in hey mate, they say hey mon). I can't hear it and not cringe and I hear that alot. 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Pisses me off that they show the price for PS and Xbox 😡 £10 cheaper ffs

True but there is a few years between releases etc.