Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

True but there is a few years between releases etc. 

I’m talking in general tbh. I have no interest in Diablo 😂 

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m talking in general tbh. I have no interest in Diablo 😂 

Not sure if I'm interested or not but it's a good price so I thought I'd share it lol

I've got the three starters and a ditto now thanks to @Aaron55, so if anyone needs any give us a shout. 

Eventually I'll also work on a box of Shield exclusives. 

Yeah I'm well into this game atm, I've over 100 Pokemon and only 2 badges lol, I'm thinking about completing the dex more than continuing the story lol. 

This is when console price differences really piss me off 

Screenshot_2019-11-25-12-37-09.thumb.png.871a3ce32eab203a19a4b98639b8b74d.png

That's a cracking price yet the Switch version which I can only assume sold the best due to the type of game it is stays £10 higher. 

If a Switch port is newer I get it but these released the same day. 

Just now, zaangie said:

Price differences are because of Nintendo and not because the ports are newer. 

Nintendo only controls their games prices, they keep their games high but anything not theirs is up to those developers/companies. Unfortunately though they do have involvement in some ports like I think they published Skyrim and Doom or something. However you could argue others keep theirs high as Nintendo do. 

In store it's also up to the shops, but some companies will subsidise sales or they might do them to clear stock etc. 

Like Mario + Rabbids is currently around £20, Nintendo would never do that but Ubisoft drop their prices all the time. 

Putting a sale on the eshop for example is just pushing a button, it doesn't need accepting or any Nintendo approval/involvement. 

I do believe Nintendo has influences in third party games prices. There's no logical reason why FFX was released for 50$. 

Impossible Lair was released at same time on multiple consoles and yet its more expensive on switch. 

This is just 2 examples. I can get you more. 

They simply don't though. 

FFX released at £50 on Xbox 1 at same time 

Screenshot_2019-11-26-16-45-59.thumb.png.12d98dce68ed0d4829abc28c4a3c3311.png

It's that price because they're games that haven't been on those platforms before so they think they can charge a premium to new customers, hence why the price fell pretty rapidly. Nintendo simply never discount their games outside of the eshop, that's why Arms is still £40+ lol. 

13 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Impossible Lair was released at same time on multiple consoles and yet its more expensive on switch. 

It's also selling the best on the Switch I believe, you don't discount something that's flying off the shelves. Why'd Nintendo want Yooka cheaper when it's basically a rip off of their series? They'd rather people buy DKC:TF. 

Unless Nintendo is involved in the port or publishing why'd they care? 

The only part I will say Nintendo causes price issues is that carts cost more than blu-rays so switch games are more expensive, and unfortunately Nintendo don't eat that publishing cost as the publisher pays it. 

Pretty sure if you're a developer and you release a game in a platform you have to give a % to them. So probably Nintendo asks for more. 

Carta are more expensive and Nintendo wants eshop to be the same price as physical. That might explain why games like Impossible Lair are also more expensive in eshop then pstore. 

When FFX was released it was logical to more expensive. It was a remaster of two games. But now I don't think it the price is justified. The port are basically the same as psvita.

Edited by zaangie
1 minute ago, zaangie said:

Pretty sure if you're a developer and you release a game in a platform you have to give a % to them. So probably Nintendo asks for more. 

30% is the norm on digital market places, not sure about sites or stores though. 

2 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Nintendo wants eshop to be the same price as physical. T

Nintendo needs this for brand awareness, if the eshop was cheaper shops wouldn't carry them as they wouldn't sell as well, without games on shelves companies are missing advertising. 

Price deltas wind me right up. I reckon a lot of it is due to number of games and market saturation on the bland shoot ‘em up consoles.

Personally I don’t mind paying a premium just to be able to play a current gen game in handheld.

On that note, the Witcher 3 arrived today and I couldn’t be happier. £35 got me the base game and all 16 DLC’s that got released afterwards. It came in a cool little sleeve box that included an A3 sized map, a compendium with all the lore and history of the series and a pair of neat stickers that I won’t put on my switch myself but I can definitely see the appeal :) 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

That game looks awesome and difficult in equimeasure.

From the hour or so I’ve played today I can safely say I’m fucked 😂 the scale is unbelievable. No signs of frame rate drops yet either and it’s been fairly cutscene heavy as expected at the beginning of a game. I’ve a feeling I’ll really enjoy this game

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Personally I don’t mind paying a premium just to be able to play a current gen game in handheld.

On that note, the Witcher 3 arrived today and I couldn’t be happier. £35 got me the base game and all 16 DLC’s that got released afterwards. It came in a cool little sleeve box that included an A3 sized map, a compendium with all the lore and history of the series and a pair of neat stickers that I won’t put on my switch myself but I can definitely see the appeal :) 

Physical media 😍😍😍😍😍

30 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

From the hour or so I’ve played today I can safely say I’m fucked 😂 the scale is unbelievable. No signs of frame rate drops yet either and it’s been fairly cutscene heavy as expected at the beginning of a game. I’ve a feeling I’ll really enjoy this game

So the great battle 

Skyrim vs BOTW vs DQXIs

Which is in front atm? Need a decision before Witcher comes into play 😂

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

So the great battle 

Skyrim vs BOTW vs DQXIs

Which is in front atm? Need a decision before Witcher comes into play 😂

At the minute it’s in this order:-

1) DQXIs - No doubt about this one, I enjoyed every single second I played. The story, the characters, hell even the NPC’s were all simply perfect! Classic RPG battle system suits me down to a tee too.

2) BOTW - On gameplay alone this would be top, but I do enjoy a good story and that’s why DQ beats this one to the top spot. If I could only just experience that opening scene out the shrine overlooking Hyrule again though 😍

3) Skyrim - and not too far behind to be honest, you may have noticed I’ve been playing it again of late. I basically started a fresh save but with a different build (Mage-like Archer with a deadly potion/poison making skill). I know think of my first play through as a beat the game with a few sidequests chucked in job. My second playthrough is absolutely beautiful. 60-70 odd hour save and I’ve only done 3 main story missions! 😂 there’s just so much to do! 

The Witcher world from what I’ve seen so far is very much Skyrim like (less dragons, but more monsters 😯) As worlds go this is my go to, I’ve always been interested in medieval things and Skyrim and Witcher fit the bill. 

DQ beating BOTW excites me so much, as you know I adore BOTW but I often said the only game I see potentially out shining it was DQ. Nintendo will hopefully be quiet until at least February (January's release is Tokyo Mirage Sessions) so hopefully I can smash out some room in my back log for DQ. 

I don't see myself dropping Pokemon any time soon and my Switch back log is bloody daft atm. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

DQ beating BOTW excites me so much, as you know I adore BOTW but I often said the only game I see potentially out shining it was DQ. Nintendo will hopefully be quiet until at least February (January's release is Tokyo Mirage Sessions) so hopefully I can smash out some room in my back log for DQ. 

I don't see myself dropping Pokemon any time soon and my Switch back log is bloody daft atm. 

I’ve whittled my backlog down to just Starlink I think. I’ll pump many hours into Witcher, and many more into Skyrim and I’ll more than likely play DQ again with some of the draconian settings turned on for added difficulty. 

As you say, there’s nothing in the pipeline for a while so it’s the perfect time to smash some wanted games off the list!

My current back log is just daft, just thinking about physical games I have 4 not including Pokemon and 3 of those 5 were bought this month, and I know I'd happily buy a few more if the price is right 😂. Digitally I have another 12! A few of them I'm more interested in than others though. 

Then I also have three routes of Fire Emblem to play, I'll be playing Pokemon for a while and I really want DQXIs. I guess my aim is to knock Pokemon and something else out before Xmas but that's unlikely 😂. 25-30 hours into Pokemon and I have 4 badges but almost half the Pokedex as a living dex. I wanna shiny hunt one of two things and maybe even try out competitive as I love the changes they made to make it less of a time sink. 

Pokemon vs FE for my game of the year will take some soup searching. One is clearly better yet I'm addicted to the other lol. 

26 minutes ago, Rob said:

Considering how much you boys loved BOTW I am amazed anything tops it.

Have you got round to it actually Rob? You’ve been offline on my Nintendo friends list for quite a while!

13 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Have you got round to it actually Rob? You’ve been offline on my Nintendo friends list for quite a while!

Just played a fair bit of BOTW last winter and then... not much. I think last time was a smidgen of Kart. 

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just played a fair bit of BOTW last winter and then... not much. I think last time was a smidgen of Kart. 

Strange, you’ve been offline on my friends list for months and months. Funny things is my mate always appears offline too despite him always being on it. Might be a bug in there somewhere

40 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Strange, you’ve been offline on my friends list for months and months. Funny things is my mate always appears offline too despite him always being on it. Might be a bug in there somewhere

Connected to internet? If they aren't online the profile won't update etc

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Connected to internet? If they aren't online the profile won't update etc

Yes, he could see that I was online at the same time, yet he appeared offline for me! Really strange!