Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I’m assuming Paper Mario will be Switch and the 2d Metroid potentially DS?

Na 3DS is completely dead, both will be Switch if they exist. 

3 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez man, max raid battles are awesome. 

I tried telling you 😂😂😂

I never expected to like the feature but I got so addicted to them, especially when they released special ones. They did a Delibird one which gave extra candies and a high shiny chance Magikarp, not to mention the gigamax ones. Like I said though I'm not a fan of the gigamax ones as I think that beats the point of what makes dynamax cool in that any Pokemon can do it. 

Current team?

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

I tried telling you 😂😂😂

I never expected to like the feature but I got so addicted to them, especially when they released special ones. They did a Delibird one which gave extra candies and a high shiny chance Magikarp, not to mention the gigamax ones. Like I said though I'm not a fan of the gigamax ones as I think that beats the point of what makes dynamax cool in that any Pokemon can do it. 

Current team?

I still don't Iike the dynamax in normal battles but in raid is actually fun. 

Nothing special so far: Raboot, Lombre, Excadrill (my favorite mon and I can't wait to bring my boy over from Sun that I bred in oras), Appletun (got him in a raid with HA), Toxtricity and Mudsdale. 

30 minutes ago, zaangie said:

still don't Iike the dynamax in normal battles

I think one gym it's really interesting, the rest not so much. 

Nice, actually using some my old favourites, I decided to only use new Pokemon but I have debated a second rushed playthrough of only old ones.

32 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Toxtricity

I wanted to use him but I was invested in the Yamper line by then

33 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Mudsdale

I love Mudsdale I dunno why but he was instantly one my favourites in Sun/Moon. I bred multiple for my battle tower team and he master ranked both. His dynamax move boosts plus stamina are legit. 

Also want to try new ones but didn't find any that caught my attention. 

Never used Mudsdale before but it's a pain in the ass playing against him because I tend to use more physical mons and stamina just break my teams. 

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

Also want to try new ones but didn't find any that caught my attention. 

I was like that but then I soon discovered I had a team of 5 I didn't want to swap out, I only used 5 as I kept the last spot free to evolve things. 

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

Never used Mudsdale before but it's a pain in the ass playing against him because I tend to use more physical mons and stamina just break my teams. 

Max Ground increases SpD so he can get insanely bulky quick if he gets chance to set up with Stamina, if not Max Steel is plus defence and he also can use Max Fighting which is plus attack. 

9 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Pokémon home looks interesting. It brings GTS back. 

Agreed, it's a tad pricey but I like the look of the features alot. 

The GTS is a big miss so I'm delighted that's back, the mobile app is awesome and mass wonder trade is awesome. 

I'll get it and use the free month of Bank to move everything into home/Shield then I'll never bother with bank again, especially as they've screwed the purchasing of Bank up. You apparently can't just buy it by now as you need a Eshop voucher which the lowest is £10 I believe, while bank is £4.99 iirc. Or so two friends have told me. 

I need to move most my Living Dex from Moon, the remaining from Ultra Sun, and the Unown collection from ORAS which has me pretty hyped 😂

The Switch and it's software is bloody amazing 😍

Over 50m units sold! The WiiU sold like 14m systems 😂

@Rob MK8 still the highest seller! 22m units 😮

Pokemon at 16m units and nearly out selling the life time sales of the 3DS games 😮

Ring Fit sold over 2m units 😮

Just wow

If you guys could bring back a franchise from Nintendo’s past and release a new version of it (not a repolished version), what would it be?

I would love a new Wave Race or Blast Corps, legalities permitting.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

If you guys could bring back a franchise from Nintendo’s past and release a new version of it (not a repolished version), what would it be?

I would love a new Wave Race or Blast Corps, legalities permitting.

Diddy Kong Racing. 

I crave a kart racer with a solid story/adventure mode, I adore MK8D but I have no reason to play it. Crash is one I've yet to get to which could fill that void but there is too much BS around that game which stopped it appealing, my hatred of the trilogy collection doesn't help either 😂

What I've Been Playing 

January

Switch 

Steamworld Quest Hand of Gilgamech - I've learn't never to doubt Image & Form as any game they release is freaking awesome! The  Dig series are some of my favourites and Heist is stupidly fun but I'll admit I was hesitant when they announced a card based RPG. That brief moment of doubt however was utterly foolish as the second I started this adventure I was hooked as the polish and charm I've came to expect from the developers sucked me into another awesome experience. As I previously mentioned Steamworld Quest is a card based turn based RPG where you have a party of characters and draw cards to use attacks, these cards are colour coded to each character, if you use entire turn as one character you'll get an extra card/effect, however you can also do specific combos by using various combinations of cards. Like most card games these attacks/cards have a using price so it's all about strategy, cost management and typical RPG elements but it all comes together to be one of my favourite battle systems ever! It's extremely fun, fluid and satisfying to pull off combos and strategies so it was just a complete blast. Unfortunately the story was your typical RPG stuff but the Image & Form charm helped it stand out and it was actually pretty funny at times. The adventure was a little short at around 15 hours but I personally found it a refreshing length as it didn't out stay it's welcome and offers replayability thanks to the various cards and multiple characters and strategies. I'm so happy I decided to wait and spend extra on a physical copy of the game as I really enjoyed it and I'd only have double dipped if I bought the digital release earlier. 

Dragon Quest XIs - I'm currently only 15ish hours in which admittedly disappoints me as I had hoped to put a decent chunk into this title during January but I was busier than anticipated. Due to that I'll hold off until next month but I will say I'm really enjoying it, the graphics and performance are impressive, the story is engaging, the characters are ace, the voice acting is wonderful and I'm sure I'll devour it in the coming weeks and months. Unfortunately I have a couple gripes already but they are completely nitpicky stuff so nothing to worry about, however I will say it's not the BOTW killer I thought it could be, in truth it's not even close but it's early days yet I suppose. Any way try the demo out already!!! 

Game Of The Year

Spoiler

New Releases

I don't expect many updates here for a while, mainly because I still don't know what will be my first Nintendo title of the year. Looking at what we know I'm pretty much clear until March at the least. 

First Time Played This Year

1. Dragon Quest XIs
2. Steamworld Quest Hand of Gilgamech

This top five will be fire this year looking at my backlog!! 

Recent Pick Ups

I told myself I wasn't buying more games this month but that soon backfired! A few cheap games caught my eye as well as some retro titles which you just have to buy when the opportunity arises as you never know if/when you'll get the opportunity again. Hopefully next month will be quieter on the purchasing front but I do have one mystery pre-order placed.

Physical

Poi Explorers Edition - Switch - £9.99 - A game I've wanted for a while at a knock down price, Poi is a 3D platformer very much in the Mario 64 clone style. It originally released during the first year of the system and I nearly bought it back then but unfortunately for whatever reason they decided to release it days before Mario Odyssey released, talk about sending your game out to die! Like I said it's very much a Mario 64 clone and I've not played a collectathon in that style for years so I'm pretty excited to be honest.

Yo-Kai Watch - 3DS - £2.50 - £2.50?!?! £2.50!! So I've loads of daft Amazon price alerts set up that I never really thought would pay off but I received a email informing me Yo-Kai Watch not only was on sale but was on sale for £4 less than my alert, the second I saw that meant it was £2.50 it was a no brainer, a sealed 3DS game for £2.50 in 2020 is mental, it goes for more than that second hand haha. Any way Yo-Kai Watch is made by Level 5 who are one of my favourite developers (Fantasy Life, DQ9) but its just one I never got around to when it released, admittedly the release hype was a little mixed but it's a series I've always wanted to dip my toe into. It got criticised in some circles for being a Pokemon clone but from the outside looking in it looks unique enough to stand out, they did promote it like Pokemon though with TV shows and split sequels. The series is/was massive in Japan but it never really took off in the West so long story short I'm intrigued to try it out. Have you tried it @zaangie?

Body Harvest - N64 - £4 - Body Harvest for the N64 is a game made by Rockstar of GTA fame before they were Rockstar, and it's one that's pretty famous for its rough development with Nintendo interfering. It's somewhat an open world shooter where you're dealing with an alien invasion, with a focus on vehicles so you can see the GTA ground work. Tbh I don't know if it's meant to be any good but for £4 I'm happy to add a game with such history into my collection. 

1080 Snowboarding - N64 - £2 -  How can you have an N64 collection without 1080 Snowboarding? Well you can't so for £2 this title has a place on my shelf. Back in the day extreme sports games were all the rage and this trick based snowboarding racer was one of the most popular but I don't actually remember if I played it as a kid, I have a feeling my cousin had it though so may be I did. Either way what's £2 so it was an easy decision. 

You can blame those last two on @Rob 😂

Digital

FMM 2020 - Mobile - £6.30ish - Yeah yeah I took the bait of a sale, I hadn't missed having it but I did say I'd grab it on its first discount. Don't be mistaken though that decision wasn't based on its price, FMM is a bargain at full price but I'm sick and tired of the SI BS. The slimely and snake manor in which they dropped device support without informing the community was the final straw, my purchase means f all to their big picture but it's the principle and all that. Obviously that's all I'll say about it here but £6 odd quid to open Vibe up to me is a price worth paying, I just hope I actually play it now haha. 

11 hours ago, Rob said:

The last game is the best 🤣

I highly doubt that 😂

11 hours ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez never tried. i was looking with interest the last they did for Switch. 

The fact a Switch one is coming added to the appeal, I can now get a cheap taste of the series. 

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Just realised this isn’t the article I thought it was. Interesting.

I still think it’ll be Zelda though. But MK would tie in with the new park opening in Japan.

Maybe but that rumour does suggest Zelda is behind schedule which doesn't surprise me. There was six years between Skyward Sword and BOTW, granted I don't think BOTW2 will take that long since they're using the BOTW engine but this Xmas did feel really quick. 

The only thing that makes me hesitate is how well MK8 still sells, but MK9 doesn't necessarily kneecap it. 

Maybe it'll be Nintendo Kart 😂

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Maybe it'll be Nintendo Kart 😂

You joke, but I do wonder if they'll try a reinvention of sorts to tie in with the park. Maybe overall theming, but I reckon more so controllers. Tied in with Labo, for example?

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

You joke, but I do wonder if they'll try a reinvention of sorts to tie in with the park. Maybe overall theming, but I reckon more so controllers. 

I say it because 8 is almost Nintendo Kart already with the DLC adding Link, Splatoon and Villager. If they embraced all of Nintendo and made it a kart version of Smash just think of the options. Loads of diverse characters, brand new track locations, maybe bring back character specific special weapons/items like Double Dash. Options to add to the title with DLC packs, obviously it won't get the hype/publicity that Smash gets when they add a new character but why not try capture that magic. Especially as I think it would appeal more to casuals while also introducing those people to other characters, may be that point isn't valid as Smash does that and has sold stupidly well as well but I'm sure there are more mums/families/secondary owners in the house playing MK8 than Smash. People moan Nintendo use Smash as a commercial but that's what it is, hell we only have Fire Emblem in the West due to it's characters intriguing people in Smash. 

59 minutes ago, Rob said:

Tied in with Labo

MK8 had the Labo free DLC but I think Labo is dead tbh. We've not had a new pack for a while, outside of people saying it's neat for a period I've not seen amazing prolonged hype or decent sales figures. Still want the VR set though, for the right knock down price though obviously 😂

As of 2018, all kits consolidated have sold 1.39 million units worldwide.

While I wouldn't say it flopped it's hardly set the world alight. 

Compared to their other gimmick Ring Fit Adventure. 

As of December 2019, the game has shipped 2.17 million units worldwide.

That's impressive considering it's bloody never in stock, I spent most of December looking for it and it seems to sell out quick on Amazon. 

52 minutes ago, Rob said:

Proper geeking out here! 

I can't believe how childish something so simple can make me feel 😂

Disney and Nintendo are legit, I'm just happy Nintendo are finally realising that. Let's just hope the Mario movie is good (I have low expectations as Despicable Me isn't for me and they're making it). 

What I'd give for a Zelda, Fire Emblem or Metroid movie though. Fire Emblem could easily hold a series, like the Castlevania Netflix one. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I can't believe how childish something so simple can make me feel 😂

Disney and Nintendo are legit, I'm just happy Nintendo are finally realising that. Let's just hope the Mario movie is good (I have low expectations as Despicable Me isn't for me and they're making it). 

What I'd give for a Zelda, Fire Emblem or Metroid movie though. Fire Emblem could easily hold a series, like the Castlevania Netflix one. 

Oh man. Those films would utterly rule. 

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

Oh man. Those films would utterly rule. 

Alot of "jokes" about of Nintendo copying the MCU and doing a load of films leading into a Smash Bro's climax 😂

Sorted out Pokemon Home and it's ace, I've gone through all my games and I finally have my collection in one place. 

However I'm missing four if anyone can help out. 

Diancie
Meltan 
Melmetal
Zacian

Trade Bait 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-19-41.thumb.png.22b84ac2f27d189cb728ed2067128c52.png

Unless they go 

and these 

Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-25-15.thumb.png.7259dd267bda3ea4c952d1aeeb61e782.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-27-50.thumb.png.0f49f60101215d725115a88334182100.png