Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

51 minutes ago, Rob said:

The SNES version was immense. Beautiful game. The SNES was just incredible.

I've definitely played the SNES version. 

I think that's why I like the GBA so much as it's just a portable and more modern SNES. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

What a world it world it would be if F Zero returned! Would you buy it @Rob? I'd be tempted but it would depend on the single player as F Zero has always had a high difficulty for my social group. It's why I looked into Sonic team racing more than Crash as I know my family would casually play Sonic. @zaangiewhat about you since you're Viber's kart racing expert? 

Like F Zero would be a massive return yet I just dunno if I think it'll sell. 

RFN have always pitched an open world F Zero game, something on the mold of GTA but in space with Captain Falcon which has always sounded amazing to me. Tbf I think F Zero would have to be more than just a kart racer to really get my attention

F-Zero was my first GBA game and I absolutely loved it. Would be interested in a new one for sure.

37 minutes ago, zaangie said:

F-Zero was my first GBA game and I absolutely loved it. Would be interested in a new one for sure.

Worth adding the GBA one to my want list? Any other GBA suggestions I'm all ears lol

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Worth adding the GBA one to my want list? Any other GBA suggestions I'm all ears lol

tottally, i love that game

Direct Hype!! 

Screenshot_20200720_050632_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.a5d5ffd04e582ede0966e9ffa33c6373.jpg

@zaangie @Rob @Nucleus

I'll be fast asleep then so hopefully I get to watch it spoiler free before work. 

Interesting that it's not a usual direct or direct mini mind! Previously announced only though might suck. 

Okay way less hyped as it's only 10 mins :(

Edited by Ashez

Anyone watch the Xbox event?

I think it's safe to say I'll continue as Nintendo only for a while as nothing here or in Sony's show excited me. Tell a lie Image & Form's (Steamworld series) new title "The Gunk" looked ace, it said it's Xbox exclusive but hopefully that's only a timed one. 

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Not yet, but planning too.

I am impressed with PS5 so far though.

System and performance wise sure but the games all blur together and do absolutely nothing for me. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

System and performance wise sure but the games all blur together and do absolutely nothing for me. 

Sackboy in 3d and Ratchet 💖

@Robi know you want a new kart racer and @zaangie just told me this is on sale. 

Screenshot_20200724_064259_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.97428200960c06303eb55932f69f7c10.jpg

I've loved the style of this since it was released (I really wanted the Wreck-it-ralf racer from the film). I'll likely get it either way but I'm waiting on @zaangie's impression's

I've £4 in gold coins thinking about it

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

Eagerly awaiting @zaangie‘s comments. 

A Wreck-It Ralph racer would be incredible. Two incredible films there, especially the first.

The second one didn't do it for me but the first is ace! 

Can you believe the movie tie in game is a shit bloody platformer 😠

I recently sold my switch lite although I do still have the normal switch it's more my missus console.

I just couldn't find anything that interested me to play and I was sadly made redundant so couldnt justify paying £50 for a game. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I recently sold my switch lite although I do still have the normal switch it's more my missus console.

I just couldn't find anything that interested me to play and I was sadly made redundant so couldnt justify paying £50 for a game. 

What type of games do you like? Maybe we can suggest you some

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

That sucks mate, sorry to hear. 

Thanks mate, worse part is I only became a dad 2 months ago so makes the situation even worse!

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

What type of games do you like? Maybe we can suggest you some

Shooters and RPG are my favourites but I'm open to anything.

I've only got 51 Worldwide games that interests me atm.

About All Star Fruit Racing. Just played 3 races and felt dissapointed. Played in handled mode and perfomance wasnt that good. Loadings taking to much time. Gameplay is a mess. Coallison hitboxes are awful. At least was 1 buck lol

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

About All Star Fruit Racing. Just played 3 races and felt dissapointed. Played in handled mode and perfomance wasnt that good. Loadings taking to much time. Gameplay is a mess. Coallison hitboxes are awful. At least was 1 buck lol

Thanks for the feedback 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

51 Worldwide games that interests me atm.

A sneak look ahead to my monthly update but I have 51 Worldwide Games. I've been playing it exclusively with the missus which has made playing time limited but we've spent 3-4 nights on it so far (2+ hour sessions, around 10 hours played) and had an absolute blast. We've been going game by game and played around 30/41 played out of the two player games. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/53906/what-are-the-multiplayer-options-in-clubhouse-games-on-switch

I obviously can't talk about its lasting appeal but I've found the games fun, even ones I've never played before as the in game instructions and help features teach you enough to play. For example neither of us have ever played Chess yet we managed to have a few "competitive" matches thanks to the accessibility options. 

It's too early for me to really form an opinion yet as this game lives and dies by its lasting appeal but it's the only game I've ever played with the missus on the Switch where she's repeatedly asked to play. She's dabbled with MK8 and Mario Party but her skill level frustrates her so she won't ever play them. If I beat her I'm an arsehole yet if i let her win I'm an arsehole type situation. However with this as I'm also inexperienced in most the games we've had a balanced and competitive time, especially when a few beers and a bottle of wine is involved. 

All in all I've really enjoyed what I've played but I am treating it as mine and the missus' exclusive party game, it's not something I'd consider to play by myself. If I get 20-30 hours out of it when all's said and done I'll be happy. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

RPG

Please tell me you've played DQXIs?!? 

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

Ahh damn that really sucks :(

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A sneak look ahead to my monthly update but I have 51 Worldwide Games. I've been playing it exclusively with the missus which has made playing time limited but we've spent 3-4 nights on it so far (2+ hour sessions, around 10 hours played) and had an absolute blast. We've been going game by game and played around 30/41 played out of the two player games. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/53906/what-are-the-multiplayer-options-in-clubhouse-games-on-switch

I obviously can't talk about its lasting appeal but I've found the games fun, even ones I've never played before as the in game instructions and help features teach you enough to play. For example neither of us have ever played Chess yet we managed to have a few "competitive" matches thanks to the accessibility options. 

It's too early for me to really form an opinion yet as this game lives and dies by its lasting appeal but it's the only game I've ever played with the missus on the Switch where she's repeatedly asked to play. She's dabbled with MK8 and Mario Party but her skill level frustrates her so she won't ever play them. If I beat her I'm an arsehole yet if i let her win I'm an arsehole type situation. However with this as I'm also inexperienced in most the games we've had a balanced and competitive time, especially when a few beers and a bottle of wine is involved. 

All in all I've really enjoyed what I've played but I am treating it as mine and the missus' exclusive party game, it's not something I'd consider to play by myself. If I get 20-30 hours out of it when all's said and done I'll be happy. 

Please tell me you've played DQXIs?!? 

Ahh damn that really sucks :(

My main takeaway from this is that your missus thinks you are an asshole. 🤣