• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

On 02/10/2020 at 06:55, Ashez said:

What you find to do for 300 hours?

3D All Stars or 3D World?

Still not worth £99 but damn this looks neat! 

Just got around to watching this. I utterly love it. 

Here’s one for folk: what are the three Nintendo games you have been most excited about? That’s not to say they are the best, as they may have been a colossal let down, but what did you look forward to the most?

Mine are:

• Mario 64. It was as much to do with excitement for the N64 as that was my prime gaming days, but the game was the first of its kind;
  • Mario Odyssey. It’s the game I looked forward to the most as an adult, especially as it helped fill the evenings whilst my missus was pregnant with the first child and went to bed early to rest;
  • Killer Instinct on the SNES. I was trying to rack my brains and whilst I know I’ll have been excited for Galaxy, Kart 64, Kart 8, DKC 3 at Christmas one year... I remember being overly excited for this game. I’ll have been relatively young and it was a black cartridge and I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever. I barely played it in the end! 

Now I’ve written that, I remember getting the Master System, with Alex the Kidd built in, at a Toys R Us when staying at my Granny’s. That was awesome. But that’s SEGA and they smell. 

47 minutes ago, Rob said:

Here’s one for folk: what are the three Nintendo games you have been most excited about? That’s not to say they are the best, as they may have been a colossal let down, but what did you look forward to the most?

Great question! For me they are:

• Mario Kart 8 - Before buying the Switch the last Nintendo console I had was the GameCube, and the main game I played was Double Dash. I was very excited to play it, and it's the only Switch game I still have. Great game wasn't let down, but I've played it so much I would of liked some newer maps. 

• Pokémon Shield - This one was more for nostalgic reasons, the last main Pokémon game I played was Emerald. (Gen 3) That's 4 generations missed. Truthfully, I enjoyed the game, done everything you could do on it, even done online battles, something I had never done before. However, something felt missing and I doubt I'll buy Generation 9.

• Dark Souls Remastered - Does this one count? Technically it's not a Nintendo franchise but it's available on the Switch. The original on the 360 is one of my favourite games. (Top 5) so when it came out on the Switch I bought it straight away. I got it for Christmas and by January I already had over a 100 hours. Funny enough, I believe altogether I had 200 hours played and only beat 2 bosses. I mainly done PvP. So fun.

What a question hmm, not in order but I'll say these for now 

1. Pokémon Sun/Moon - I'm not entirely sure why but something about S/M really got under my skin. It was the first time Game Freak and Nintendo stuck to almost weekly videos in the lead up to release and it just completely sucked me in. I hated ORAS too which might have impacted my hype levels. 

2. BOTW - Alot goes into this one as it was one hell of a wait for a new Zelda and the fact it launched alongside a new console that I actually wanted. I've said before the Wii and WiiU weren't really all that for me as I focused more on the handheld side of gaming during those years but the combination of a new breath taking Zelda and a new awesome console were enough to have me hooked. I was getting up at 3am to watch the Switch reveal, I was glued to that years E3 and yeah BOTW was life. 

3. Admittedly I've struggled here as I don't wanna say the obvious like Odyssey, I was too young for real N64 hype and I don't remember much around the GameCube or Wii. However I think I'll go for Fire Emblem Fates purely because I did everything in my power to get the special edition of it, I was basically going into Game any chance I could asking if I could preorder one (only big stores were but they tried to get me one, which they did after weeks of trying.) I've said it before but it got to the point where staff would nod "no" as I walked in haha. 

Bonus - Batman Arkham City - It's on the WiiU now (where the **** is a Switch port) but originally it skipped the Wii so the launch hype was for the PS3/360. Obviously Asylum was incredible and City looked only to expand on that. I will say however the Origins trailer also go me super excited. 

Just finishing up my monthly update so it'll be posted shortly. 

What I've Been Playing 

September

Switch

Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night - I continued Bloodstained and succeeded in getting the good ending which wasn't as much work as the guides made it seem, I'd estimate it likely took another 7-10 hours of gameplay to see the credits roll (for 14ish total hours playtime - closer to 20 on the Switch clock though due to deaths etc). I jumped through hoops, explored more of the castle, beat more bosses and finished the game with an exploration percent in the low 90s which I was happy enough with. To be honest this last stretch was pretty enjoyable as by now I had a decent cash reserve so I did stock up on health items which helped me brute force my way through the bosses, however the last few areas of exploring were rather difficult. It was a lot of narrow passageways with hard to fight/avoid enemies with longer stretches between save points but it never really got too bad, even if I really didn't like the lava or ninja areas of the game. The story continued to do absolutely nothing for me though as I did start to mash my way through the boring, predictable and just bad plot, the game telegraphes it's twists early on and the payoff just didn't work for me. Regardless the final boss was definitely a challenge and pretty unique really, actually while I wasn't the biggest fan of the bosses and the Switch's performance especially within those fights I have to say the bosses were at least interesting and unique. It's one of those games I'm glad I played but I'm not sure I'd return to it, I understand why people like it and I do love the way it handles exploration but I just don't care for the combat, upgrade systems, sidequest, story, art style, characters, or the Switch port. The game does feel like it's trying to be triple A or at least bigger than it needed to be in a few ways for me but in the end a lot let's it down for my personal tastes, I suppose I'd give it a 6.5 or 7/10. 

Super Mario 3D All Stars - I'll talk about each game individually as I get to them and to make it simple I'll call them 64 HD and the like. As for the collection itself I have to admit it's pretty basic as it basically just consist of the ROMs of each game and a music player, while many might find this disappointing I'm pretty okay with it in truth, especially in Mario 64's case which is the only game I've played so far. I understand why people demand a proper Mario 64 remake but I'm just not sure how one would work, Mario 64 is pretty basic with empty backgrounds with levels pretty much looking almost like diorama's for the most part, remaking these levels and adding more to it means it's no longer Mario 64 in my opinion. I think the question gets more interesting when you get to Mario Sunshine but maybe I'll answer that question once I've replayed it, as for Galaxy I'm sure that'll hold up excellently.  

Super Mario 64 HD - What is there left to say about Mario 64? It's an icon of gaming and likely the most influential game of all time as it showed everyone else how to make 3D games. For it's time Mario 64 was a mind blowing experience, I still remember how this game changed my world as a kid as I would have been around 7 on its release. However that is the problem with this title as it was special at its time which was amazingly 23 years ago, for a 23 year old game it holds up superbly to nostalgic eyes but compared to modern games it falls extremely short. Nintendo showed the gaming world how to use a camera in a 3D environment with Mario 64 and unfortunately that's one area where the game now has serious issues as in truth the camera is garbage, it's fiddly and constantly making things harder than they should be, for its time it's amazing but compared to the likes of Mario Odyssey it's a massive hindrance. Talking of Odyssey the most surprising thing to me is how Mario 64 really does almost feel like an Odyssey light, the movement options and the sandbox level design feel strikingly familiar and you can really connect the dots and see the evolution in this style of Mario, it's just amazing how far apart the two games were in terms of years. Obviously the level design doesn't compare to Odyssey but in Mario 64 you have 15 levels to explore and 120 stars to collect with the end game of beating Bowser and saving Princess Peach, thankfully however you only need 70 stars for the face off with Bowser. I say thankfully as while I adore Mario 64 I do find it a little frustrating and repetitive which only gets worse the more you play with the last couple of world's being just bad in my opinion, obviously I might be biased as I'm more nostalgic for the earlier world's but once I got past them my interest did start to dwindle. I knew I wouldn't go for the 120 stars as in truth I've returned to this game countless times and I've never enjoyed it as much as I thought I would, I will say however I did enjoy this playthrough more than others but that's because I only did what I wanted too. I beat Bowser with 86 stars which was mostly made up of 6/7 staring (didn't bother with 100 coin stars) most levels but any world's i couldn't be doing with I just got around 3 or so stars and moved on so I at least got a taste of the level, for what it's worth I don't see myself one 100%ing any game in this collection as all three of them are bullshit to do. I got 85/120 stars and a good 12-15 hours out of the first game in this collection which is actually alot more than I anticipated as I wasn't that fussed on playing Mario 64 again. I will say though I do love this HD version of Mario 64 as the small visual upgrades are enough to make the game look how you remember it compared to changing it completely to something new, there is just something special about that to me. I am super interested in hearing what someone who's never played 64 before thinks of it with fresh eyes as I know @Rob views fall somewhat in line with mine, which he can feel free to elaborate on if he wishes.

Demo's 

Spoiler

Avicii Invector - I have to admit I'm not that familiar with the music of Avicii but this racing rhythm game is pretty legit. I've said before I do enjoy rhythm games even if I suck at them so I decided to give this demo a try and I actually really enjoyed it. The music did the job, the racing through space theme looked awesome and the challenge was definitely there. Basically you're a space ship on a course and you have to press buttons to the beat, easy is pretty fair bit the higher difficulties don't mess around, however it seems fairly lenient on what equals a passing grade which as a terrible player I can appreciate. The demo has 3 tracks (ones hidden) but the full game seems to have alot more so this has found itself on the "at a right price list" and yes there is a retail release! 

Kunai - Okay this game is bad ass! Kunai is a Metroidvania where you get Kunai's early on which you use to zip around the stage almost like Spiderman! You're essentially an iPad type robot running around with a sword and kunai's, what's not to love! However I have to say I found the controls very floatly but I'm sure you'd get used to them. A physical release is on the horizon and this is now in my future plans! 

Game Of The Year

Spoiler

New Releases

1. Animal Crossing New Horizons

2. 51 Worldwide Games 

I've decided against classing Super Mario 3D All Stars as a new release and as I've played all three games before none of them will be making it on to these lists. 

First Time Played This Year

1. Dragon Quest XIs

2. Mutant Year Zero Road To Eden

3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution

4. Steamworld Quest Hand of Gilgamech

5. Poi! Explorers Edition

Recent Pick Ups

Oh boy do I have alot of pick ups this month!! Obviously I grabbed a physical copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars but I also added a 3DS game to my collection, another Switch game and multiple GameCube and Wii games. The Wii games were especially a steal as they were £1 each but buy one get one free! 

Super Mario 3D All Stars - Switch - £45 - It released on my birthday so the missus did the right thing and provided me with the perfect gift lol. 

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered - Switch - £13 - Red Faction Guerilla is an open world third person shooter set on Mars with a focus on destructible environments which looks pretty cool. Tbh I've been craving a shooter on Switch for a while and with limited options this one was the right price.  

Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers - 3DS - £3.99 - I've tried the first Dillon game on the 3DS and while I loved the world, characters and design I just didn't like the game. This led to me ignoring the series until this title released as the review I read at the time had similar views of the first game as me, however he said this title won him over which surprised him as he didn't like the first game. That obviously put this title back on my radar and a few years later Amazon drop it to £3.99 and I add it to my collection.

Rayman Raving Rabbids - Wii - 50p - The party game that started the party game invasion on Wii so I believe. Apparently it's pretty decent with good mini games so maybe I'll find out some day. 

Just Dance 2 - Wii - 50p - Just Dance is Just Dance, it was technically free from purchasing Rayman and this was the best option out of the other bargain bucket games.  

Boom Blox - Wii - 50p - Bloom Blox's is highly regarded and essentially 3D Angry Birds from the footage I've seen where you fling balls to make blocks fall over. Steven Spielberg was actually involved in its development which is pretty wild when you think about it. 

SpongeBob Squarepants Creature From The Krusty Krab - Wii - 50p - I've never watched SpongeBob and I hated it when my little brother used to watch it, however two of the 3D platformers based on the show (Bikini Bottom and the movie tie in) seem highly regarded so I picked this up as my free title in the deal. Admittedly I've never heard of this one and it appears to be a Wii Waggle fest but as I always say 3D platformers aren't that common. 

Medal Of Honor Rising Sun - GameCube - £2 - Finding cheap GameCube games in the wild doesn't happen that often anymore so when I see one for a couple of quid it's always going to be added to my collection. To be honest I know little about this title and I've never played a Medal Of Honor game but it looks like a decent World War 2 shooter. 

Legends Of Wrestling - GameCube - £1.95 - Another dirt cheap game added to the collection and one I remember having, or at least playing but on the PS2 I think. I like getting games like this just to look at the state of the roasters at the time, I've actually debated collecting older FIFA's for similar reasons but I dunno if they'd just end up as clutter. 

Batman Vengeance - GameCube - £8 - A more expensive pick up this time but it's been on my want list for absolutely years, it's just one I've never came across. I've said a few times I aim to collect as many DC Nintendo games as I can and this will be the first Batman GameCube game added to the collection. It appears based on The New Batman The Animated Series which is enough to have me invested. 

Rainbow Six 3 - GameCube - £1.45 - I know nothing about this title but it was £1.45 so I bought it lol. 

Tempted to buy FIFA for the switch. I haven't played since 2016 but the switch version is poorly developed. EA haven't developed it since 2018. The last 3 games have all been the same except updated kits and transfers.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Wii U had Formula 1 and Call of Duty games, so why can't the switch have them! Would love to play F1 on handheld mode.

Edited by Mikey
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Tempted to buy FIFA for the switch. I haven't played since 2016 but the switch version is poorly developed. EA haven't developed it since 2018. The last 3 games have all been the same except updated kits and transfers.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Wii U had Formula 1 and Call of Duty games, so why can't the switch have them! Would love to play F1 on handheld mode.

Avoid avoid avoid!! Do not let EA get away with it by supporting them! IGN's review was amazing! 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/fifa-21-legacy-edition-switch-review%3famp=1

Maybe grab an older one for cheap but I've 18 and it's crap. I'd buy proper Fifa but not this trash. 

Yeah the WiiU had COD, I played Black Ops 2 on it. It does baffle me we've seen no COD or any big FPS' outside of Doom on Switch. 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Avoid avoid avoid!! Do not let EA get away with it by supporting them! IGN's review was amazing! 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/fifa-21-legacy-edition-switch-review%3famp=1

Maybe grab an older one for cheap but I've 18 and it's crap. I'd buy proper Fifa but not this trash. 

Yeah the WiiU had COD, I played Black Ops 2 on it. It does baffle me we've seen no COD or any big FPS' outside of Doom on Switch. 

I saw that IGN review, was hilarious.

I fancy playing FIFA but other than the switch I have no console to play it on.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I saw that IGN review, was hilarious.

I fancy playing FIFA but other than the switch I have no console to play it on.

That's basically why I got FIFA 18 and it was an instant regret lol. I don't think 21 is much different to that version lol

I know no one cares but damn I'm so freaking hyped for this :D

However not until 2022 breaks my heart. It's going into early access on the Epic Store in 2021 with a years exclusivity then hopefully it'll receive console ports. 

First tease Feb 2019 with the next info being October 2020 with an early access release in 2021 and full release is 2022 :o. I think that Feb 2019 trailer was way too early! I hoped for DD2 next year :(

What I've Been Playing 

October

Switch

Super Mario Sunshine HD - I had Mario Sunshine as a kid and I never beat it, it's a game I've played loads but it was one I never managed to beat. I think there are two reasons for this, the first has to be the difficulty as damn this is a challenging game! It's teeth grinding sweating palms difficult and frustrating at times yet it manages to stay mostly enjoyable, but a few shines in particular had me ready to sell the Switch and leave gaming behind!! The second reason for this game tripping me up has to be it's change in structure as unlike Mario 64 you have to do specific shines (1-7 in every world) which I didn't even realise now, never mind as a kid which basically means any points where you're stuck you're stuck and unlike 64 you can't skip them and get a star else where. This means you only need 50 shines to unlock the final encounter with Bowser and by this point I'd more than had my fill of Sunshine (I did little extra finishing on 53/120 shines). The main gimmick of Sunshine is Mario has a water pack called flud which acts as a water pistol, a jet pack and a few other unlockable abilities which you use to clear up the area, you see a mysterious "liquid Mario" has covered the world with gunk/slime/paint and Mario is unfortunately accused of the pollution and after an intense court battle he's instructed to clear it up. You'll travel through seven world's using Flud and Mario's usual abilities to tidy up after the liquid Mario and do various tasks for the residents of the levels, unfortunately the game can feel slightly repetitive at times as you'll often be doing similar things. Personally my favourite thing about Sunshine is the movement options Mario has as he feels very fluid and responsive, admittedly I don't think it's on the level of Odyssey but Sunshine Mario is a joy to use once you get used to his unique physics as he is slightly floaty. However Sunshine did have a troubled development and was rushed out the door which is apparent at times as Sunshine is janky and at times does lack the Nintendo polish we've come to expect, some levels especially feel slightly bullshit and not up to Nintendo's standards. I said in my Mario 64 write up I don't think that game needs a full remake but I think Sunshine could actually benefit alot from such a remake to tighten up the jank and make the game slightly more user friendly. Another aspect of Sunshine I really like is everything has a reason, outside of the challenge rooms you won't find any random floating platforms and the like as the world's are designed with a purpose, for example one level you're climbing scaffolding to reach the top instead of regular floating platforms, you can also see most levels from inside other ones which just adds to the immersion, admittedly it does mean levels aren't that diverse as everything is connected as a holiday resort but it was an aspect of the game I really enjoyed. The game is beautiful in general though. All in all I'm delighted to finally have Sunshine off my bucket list and I enjoyed playing it but I can't see myself ever really returning to it unless it receives a full on remake, it's good and has it's moments but it's also got alot of faults and imo Odyssey does everything Sunshine tries to do but much better. 

Pokémon Shield - I jumped back in to grab a couple events mainly being the Pikachu's with the special baseball caps as they're something I'm missing and I think they'd make a nice addition to my variation living dex. Outside of that I did find myself playing rather a few raid battles which was a lot of fun, they're time consuming but I do really enjoy them, I just have no real reason to do them. 

Steamworld Dig A Fist Full Of Dirt - I've talked about this series and this game a handful of times so I'll keep it brief, in short Steamworld Dig is somewhat like a Metroidvania where you play as a mining robot called Rusty and you dig down into caves looking for loot. Once you've collected gems you return to the surface and sell them to buy upgrades which opens up deeper areas of the cave until you reach the end. I find this gameplay loop extremely satisfying and as Dig is a short game (4ish hours) it's one I like to return to now and then as I've played it multiple times. It often goes on sale for dirt cheap and I'd recommend it but I've been saying that on here for years so if you've not tried it yet you won't haha. 

Demo 

Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity - Nintendo surprised us with a demo for my most anticipated game of the year so I gave it a whirl, however I only played the beginning as I was instantly sold on the game and I placed a pre order weeks ago. I wanted to continue but I think I can wait the three weeks to play it in full on its release. The game really does feel like BOTW but with deep combat which just has me foaming at the mouth with excitement. 

Game Of The Year

Spoiler

New Releases

2. 51 Worldwide Games 

1. Dragon Quest XIs

Recent Pick Ups

Yoku's Island Express - Switch - £9.99 - I played the demo of Yoku years ago and I really enjoyed it's pinball take on a Metroidvania, however I was always going to hold out for the physical version. The sticking point was the game is pretty short so the price had to be right and thankfully I ran into it for £9.99 while on a trip to Birmingham so naturally I took it home with me. 

Battleship - 3DS - £5 - Battleship which is based on the movie I believe is one of the few strategy RPGs (it's more Advance Wars than Fire Emblem iirc) I'm missing on the 3DS library and I believe it's meant to be pretty decent so I had to pick it up. I remember watching a video on all 3DS games released and this one caught my eye either way. 

Biker Mice From Mars - DS - £3 - I'm very nostalgic for Biker Mice From Mars as it was one of my favourite shows as a kid, admittedly this game is meant to be horrendous but it's been on my wishlist for years and I finally ran into it. IIRC it's a side scrolling beat em up with some bike racing segments. 

What the hell is kicking off at GameXplain? Derrick, Ash, Steve and Jon have all left this week?! Something seems off but I was tiring of their content in recent months, especially with the non Nintendo focus of late. Very odd. Guess I won't be watching much it GX anymore then. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

What the hell is kicking off at GameXplain? Derrick, Ash, Steve and Jon have all left this week?! Something seems off but I was tiring of their content in recent months, especially with the non Nintendo focus of late. Very odd. Guess I won't be watching much it GX anymore then. 

You what?!? Where did you see that?

Feels like WhatCulture and Cultaholic all over again! 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

You what?!? Where did you see that?

Feels like WhatCulture and Cultaholic all over again! 

They've all put statements on Twitter. Jon left for NintendoLife and that was known to be happening. Then Derrick posted a statement saying he was leaving followed by Ash then Steve. 

It appears they've left on good terms but it's bloody odd all members but Andre have just up and left. Rumour has it Jon, Derrick and Ash might be starting their own channel today on Jon's old channel. 

Derrick and Jon both had kids this or last week so maybe they wanted something more solid, I believe Jon left as NL is UK based so life will be easier for him due to timezones. But for Derrick to leave is so odd, I know Ash and Steve were more part time but for them to leave too is so odd. I like Derrick the most, Ash sometimes does my head in with his fence sitting but Andre was always the one I wasn't fussed on. 

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

Fascinating. Thanks for linking me. Going to subscribe right now.

Not sure if there is a few digs in there or if I'm looking for drama that doesn't exist haha. I'm glad they're sticking around though so now to see what type of content they produce. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Not massively sure about their scoring system words, but the concept is interesting. 

I never put weight in the final score or opinion rating anyway tbh. It's more the "feel" of the full review that makes my decision and I usually get multiple takes. 

I've shit on Nintendo deals during Prime Day and the like plenty of times but bloody hell some of the deals about this Black Friday on third party games are awesome! It'll be insane if first party games start dropping like they have in other parts of the world. I've bought two so far but I easily could have grabbed more and I think I will by the end of tomorrow 😂

The site to use ;)

https://www.dekudeals.com/

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've shit on Nintendo deals during Prime Day and the like plenty of times but bloody hell some of the deals about this Black Friday on third party games are awesome! It'll be insane if first party games start dropping like they have in other parts of the world. I've bought two so far but I easily could have grabbed more and I think I will by the end of tomorrow 😂

The site to use ;)

https://www.dekudeals.com/

Some corkers in there.

3D All-Stars reduced is fantastic though. 

Is this the start of a trickle of first party sales?? 

Screenshot_20201130_050535_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d8b7e106bed9537489a2b86b0845b40d.jpg

Kinda tempted by NSMB tbf, don't think I'll bite but I'm tempted. I beat the base game on the WiiU but I never got around to the Luigi DLC campaign. 

Xenoblade or Smash I'd love to see a drop in. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Fingers crossed. How’s Hyrule Warriors?

The price has already gone back up 😠, so doubt anything major will happen now. 

Yeah it's real good, only 8 odd hours into it though ATM  

What I've Been Playing 

November

Switch

Pokémon Shield - For some reason at the start of the month I really fancied playing Pokémon, I debated replaying an old game or even restarting Shield but in the end I bit the bullet and brought the DLC expansion pass for the title. 

Ilse Of Armour - The first part of the DLC released a few months ago being the Ilse Of Armour. This section of the game was okay but hardly anything special as I didn't like the new characters and the story was just an excuse to explore the area. Thankfully however I really enjoyed the open world nature of this area as you had caves, beaches, woods and various locations to explore which brought with it a host of returning Pokémon. I ended up finishing the story and 100%ing this new Pokédex only transfering three Pokémon from my Living Dex. Having a whole section of the game being a "wild area" was just exciting and I really hope this becomes the norm for future titles. 

The Crown Tundra - The second part of the DLC being The Crown Tundra is a more recent release and again it was a worthwhile experience. The story is more interesting in this section and while it still heavily relies on fetch quests I found its focus more to my liking. This DLC has two parts, the first is multiple short stories revolving around multiple new and returning legendaries while the second part is Dynamax Adventures. Dynamax Adventures is a new mode where you rent Pokémon and form an online party of four, with these partners you do a number of Dynamax battles In a row and if you reach the end you're rewarded with a battle against a catchable returning legendary. Obviously i have a living dex so I had little need to recapture these Pokémon but I still found it extremely addictive, challenging and fun. I once again did most of this Pokédex but unfortunately I've only 99% completed it as I need one more legendary I can't get without trading and I've not been fortunate as yet. All in all this DLC added 35 hours to my adventure but that's doing basically everything, if you rush you could be through both parts in under 10 hours, so you get out of it what you put in. I ended up enjoying this way more than I anticipated as Pokémon is my comfort food game and the perfect time kill during lockdown 2.0

Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity - I'll keep this brief as I'm only in the second chapter so far, but what I can say from what I've played is I'm very impressed. I bought this purely for it's tie to BOTW as I doubt I'd have been tempted if this was just a typical Zelda Warriors game. Thankfully the story and cut scenes so far have been excellent and added to the world of BOTW which is what I wanted, I will say however I'm worried about the direction of the story and if they'll stick the landing I want but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Gameplay wise it's your typical Warriors fair but I'm enjoying this one a lot more than the original Hyrule Warriors and the Fire Emblem spin off. The combat is alot deeper than hack and slash which it gets accused of alot, granted that is an almost fair assessment but the combat is more like a fighting game, especially as each character has a similar move pool but uses the abilities very differently. Anyway it's early days yet so I'll go more in depth with this title in the December update, thankfully I have some time off now so I'm hoping to fly through a couple games this month. 

Game Of The Year

Spoiler

New Releases

2. 51 Worldwide Games 

1. Dragon Quest XIs

Recent Pick Ups

Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass - Switch - £23 - I had some gold coins lying around so I got a small discount on its retail price, since I did everything I got 30 odd hours out of it so I don't think the price is that bad.

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - Switch - £20 - I've been tempted by this multiple times at £25 but I resisted, however seeing it for £20 was an instant buy during Black Friday. I've played the original Shovel Knight on the 3DS and while I think it's a tad over rated I can't deny the fact it's a solid game. This however is a collection of all the DLC campaigns so I've got 4 games for £20, a bargain any day or the week.

Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity - Switch - £45 - An easy buy being my most anticipated game of the holiday season, time will tell if it lives up to the hype. 

Bioshock The Collection - Switch - £23 - I've never played BioShock but I've always heard good things so for £23 I'll give the titles a try. This collection includes three games and my Switch library is massively lacking in FPS so I'm hyped. One massive disappointment however is while it's a physical copy the game is essentially a download as you need a 23gb download, cheap bastards. 

FMM 2021 - Mobile - £6.99 - Yeah yeah you guys know the score.....Pun intended. I even got a random Playstore discount code.