Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

39 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I want to get a GBA emulator for iOS simply to play fire red again! 

I debate starting Pokemon games all the time but the one save slot puts me off lol, like I want to play Platinum again but I have over 1000 hours in that game as I got obsessed with the Battle Tower, it was actually FMM and Vibe that tore me away from that iirc!

I have a massive soft spot for Fire Red though, I got the SNES classic and hacked it for GBA games last year, I started FR but I only got to the second gym I think. I also had a spell of really enjoying Pokemon rom hacks on my PSP, I even have to physical rom hacks in my collection I've yet to play. 

The thing with replaying Pokemon games is new ones come out that often and I want them to feel fresh. I freaking loved Sun/Moon but the ultra versions fell rather flat for me and I think a lot of that was I played it to soon. 

My living Pokedex just missing one still makes me extremely proud yet frustrated lol. 

Talking of Pokemon I'm still optimistically interested in Let's Go but I have a fair few concerns, mainly about how much content is in the game. 

added 0 minutes later
44 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I will add that to my Watch Later, thanks.

Enjoy, I watch too much YT! haha

18 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Enjoy, I watch too much YT! haha

Me too! End up watching it more than telly. What Gaming channels do you subscribe to? I use GameXplain and Nintendolife.

I watch YT way more than TV with ease. I'll list a few of my favs, I'll bold the highly recommended ones. 

Spoiler

ComicPop - Comics channel 

DidYouKnowGaming - Gaming trivia

Ethoslab - A guilty pleasure of mine is his Minecraft single player series, I've hardly played the game but i got into his series years ago and it's like comfort food. I have zero interest in Minecraft but I love his world, I've been watching so long I couldn't stop :p. Unfortunately his uploads of slowed right down in recent years. 

Gamesack - Retro game showcases

GameXplain - A must follow

HappyConsoleGamer - He just talks about games and his passion is unreal. 

Jim Sterling - A journalist who covers gaming stories

Larry Bundy Jr - Trivia 

Liam Robertson - Covers cancelled games

Mark Brown - Excellent game design series

MetalJesusRocks - Hidden gems 

Nindie spotlight - Indie showcases

Nintendo Life - I subscribe but I don't watch much tbh. 

Nintendo Word Report - My go to Nintendo review site, podcasts are better than the YT but I've used these lads so long I understand their reviews and who matches up with me.

NintenDrew - DIY gaming related stuff

Projared - One of the few let's players I enjoy 

Shady Penguin - Never watched his Pokemon stuff but he's the only YuGiOh Duel Links players I enjoy watching. 

SomeCallMeJohnny - My favourite reviewer

The Completionest - Hit and miss with me tbh.

The Game Chasers - Likely my favourite YT show, just some lads having a laugh going video game hunting at markets and stuff, really highly recommended. 

So much so here is series one episode one. 

Cheers mate. I’ll give some of those a view. Glad you love GameXPlain too. Their analysis of New Donk City a year or so ago was epic.

12 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Cheers mate. I’ll give some of those a view. Glad you love GameXPlain too. Their analysis of New Donk City a year or so ago was epic.

Nice, let me know if you stick with any! The Game Chasers might be an acquired taste but I love it. 

GameXplain is ace for sure, I've been following them since the Wii days which is when I think they really took off. Their analyses is top draw and I love their discussions. 

21 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Just remembered a GameCube game that I absolutely adored...starfox adventures! Loved that game!

Do you know the history of that game? 

I've never played it but it's one of the GC games I'm always on the look out for. Star Fox characters really appeal to me but the standard flying games don't appeal so Adventure is more my speed.

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Do you know the history of that game? 

I've never played it but it's one of the GC games I'm always on the look out for. Star Fox characters really appeal to me but the standard flying games don't appeal so Adventure is more my speed.

No..explain..

I never played the original starfox games as the same applies to me, hate flying games. Adventures was so good though, put a ton of hours into it back when I was around 15/16

It was originally a Rare Game called Dinosaur Planet but Shigeru Miyamoto requested them to basically change it all into a Star Fox game because the original playable character reminded him of Fox. It's the last game Rare made for Nintendo before Microsoft bought and ruined them. 

From my understanding it's basically a Zelda clone with character designs I like so I want to play it lol. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It was originally a Rare Game called Dinosaur Planet but Shigeru Miyamoto requested them to basically change it all into a Star Fox game because the original playable character reminded him of Fox. It's the last game Rare made for Nintendo before Microsoft bought and ruined them. 

From my understanding it's basically a Zelda clone with character designs I like so I want to play it lol. 

I can’t believe you’ve never played it! You could probably be a physical copy off eBay for dirt cheap and it’s well worth the money you’d pay for it. Highly suggest you get it.

Im sure I’ve seen something about it being called dinosaur planet actually, will read up on it

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I can’t believe you’ve never played it! You could probably be a physical copy off eBay for dirt cheap and it’s well worth the money you’d pay for it. Highly suggest you get it.

Im sure I’ve seen something about it being called dinosaur planet actually, will read up on it

Just checked sold listings and it sells for under £10 which isn't bad at all, I'll have to keep a eye out. 

I missed a decent amount of GC tbh as I was more a PS2 guy.then.So I have a fair few to get to, it's currently my favourite retro system to collect for. 

Currently in my collection, star rating means I've played them recently and obviously my rating.  

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-08-08-20-51-05.thumb.png.94479c33406fed3a2114c79a2d00604a.png

Screenshot_2018-08-08-20-51-10.thumb.png.d68605949f0b6dcff3a4478707316c0c.png

Unfortunately I sold a lot as a kid so I have a few I've played in the past but not picked back up yet like Double Dash. 

If anyone has any GC recommendations I'm all ears. 

Agent under fire is probably the best bond game I’ve played apart from goldeneye obviously. Turok is good too, I had that on the ps2 not the GC iirc, a decent FPS with the rocket arrows on the bow reminding me a lot of the Rambo films lol

As for recommendations, Tales of Symphonia is a great game, and if you’re into Metal gear games, then The twin snakes is a decent effort for the GC. Time Splitters 2 is an awesome FPS too and obviously windwaker is a great game but I’m assuming you’ve tried that one?

Just now, Nucleus said:

Agent under fire is probably the best bond game I’ve played apart from goldeneye obviously. Turok is good too, I had that on the ps2 not the GC iirc, a decent FPS with the rocket arrows on the bow reminding me a lot of the Rambo films lol

As for recommendations, Tales of Symphonia is a great game, and if you’re into Metal gear games, then The twin snakes is a decent effort for the GC. Time Splitters 2 is an awesome FPS too and obviously windwaker is a great game but I’m assuming you’ve tried that one?

Turok was picked up because it's currently cheap like most those games lol, I focus on the cheap before the expensive haha. 

Played MGS games on PS2 and the GC collection goes for £45! Haha. With Snake returning to smash I'm hoping for a MGS HD collection on Switch. I've not played Snake Eater yet but I have it on 3DS and PS2. Yeah I played the HD remake of Windwaker. 

Games I'm on look out for on Gamecube. 

Eternal Darkness, 007 From Russia With Love, 007 Everything Or Nothing, the 4 Batman games, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Hobbit, Cell Damage, Prince Of Persia 2+3, King Kong Movie Game, Red Card, Second Sight, Spawn Armageddon, Sphinx, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Sonic Adventure 2 and WWE Day Of Reckoning 2. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Turok was picked up because it's currently cheap like most those games lol, I focus on the cheap before the expensive haha. 

Played MGS games on PS2 and the GC collection goes for £45! Haha. With Snake returning to smash I'm hoping for a MGS HD collection on Switch. I've not played Snake Eater yet but I have it on 3DS and PS2. Yeah I played the HD remake of Windwaker. 

Games I'm on look out for on Gamecube. 

Eternal Darkness, 007 From Russia With Love, 007 Everything Or Nothing, the 4 Batman games, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Hobbit, Cell Damage, Prince Of Persia 2+3, King Kong Movie Game, Red Card, Second Sight, Spawn Armageddon, Sphinx, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Sonic Adventure 2 and WWE Day Of Reckoning 2. 

Snake eater Is the one I played the most. I’m currently playing MGSV:PP on the Xbox and I’ll telly you one thing, Kiefer Sutherland ain’t no David Hayter! 😡 other than that it’s a pretty decent game with plenty of freedom.

Bounty Hunter! Fett is my favourite Star Wars character so I bought that game on release for the PlayStation. WWE wrestlemania X8 on the GC is decent enough too. Not played either day of reckoning tbh

Always heard fantastic things about Snake Eater, the only reason I've never played it is because I'm hesitant to play the 3DS version as a first experience of such an acclaimed game but I'm more open to the idea after playing Splinter Cell on the system, I do want the HD collection on Switch though. I remember little of the first but I loved Sons Of Liberty. 

I've never played the PS2 version as I never had it when i was younger and now I'm too scared to incorporate Sony back into my life haha. I've debated a PS3/4 A few times and I had a PS3 at my dad's which my brother took but I've refused to have it. I know I'm missing out on a lot but there is more than enough to play on the systems I currently collect for haha. 

Bounty Hunter is one I played a lot as a kid as like you I love the character. IIRC DOR2 is on my list as it's the best rated wrestling game on the GC. 

Controversial opinion time.......I don't think Gen 2 is all that! Right hear me out.

I started Pokemon with the original R/B/Y and I loved them and still have the original carts from my childhood. I would have been 7/8 on their original release. I'm not sure why but as a kid I completely missed G/S/S as I got back into Pokemon with R/S which I randomly picked up second hand from Gamestation and I fell in love again, I even got my friends and family playing again, after that I was back to playing them all. 

So when HG/SS released on the DS I was really excited to play it but I have zero fond memories of the game. Going in with no nostalgia and it just never felt that special which is so odd as I loved the originals, their remakes, gen 3 and the early DS games but for some reason SS never clicked with me. 

I'll admit it is the one I want to try and replay the most as I must be missing something I dunno. I remember not liking the early Pokemon though. 

Feraligator and Typhliosion are cool but I never liked them like I have others. 

Lanturn is pretty cool - Used on Ultra Sun play through

Azumaril - Used as "starter" on White 2 as I hate those starters. 

Jumpluff - I have a soft spot for him due to Pokemon Colosseum

Umbreon - One my favs

Espeon - Again Pokemon Colosseum

Scizor - Just badass

Heracross - Love his design

Ursaring - Another ace design

Houndoom - Love him

So I only like a small handful with way too many type overlaps to make a team. 

It’s gen 3 and above that I didn’t get into, too many Pokemon for my liking. 251 is a good number. FR/LG is my favourite by a country mile though 

Gen 1 - RBY - Loved them as a kid but never replayed them. 

Gen 2 - GSS - Never played

Gen 3 - RSE & FRLG - Loved Ruby to death and the remakes but I never played Emerald. 

Gen 4 - DPP & HGSS - I played Platinum and Pearl which I played for hundreds of hours (battle tower) but like I said SS never delivered for me. 

Gen 5 - BW 1+2 - Played them both but I can't say I remember them that much, I hate those starters the most out of any game. The battle subway never felt as fun as the battle tower either.  

Gen 6 - XY & ORAS - I really enjoyed Y which I put 350+ hours into due to the living dex and breeding but ORAS lost the magic of the originals imo. 

Gen 7 - SM & USUM - I adored Moon and I was completely in love with it but UM was just way to similar and a drag to play. I enjoyed it but it disappointed more than I hoped as it wasn't different enough. 

If EV training and IV breeding wasn't such a time sink I'd play way more Pokemon online but I can't be arsed with it lol.

My favourite Pokemon. 

1. Marowak

2. Umbreon

3. Arcanine

4. Mudsdale

5. Mamoswine 

Random but for any Pokemon fans I recommend going on eBay and searching for Nano blocks or Loz Diamond as they make these real ace mini lego type kits for all sorts of Pokemon and they're typically dirt cheap (under £3). I have Marowak, Growleith, Jolteon and Pikachu. Treeko is the next one I'm debating getting 

Screenshot_2018-08-09-15-13-13.thumb.png.ada99eacf9021b0c7a4d7a1c8ffcd13e.png

16 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

They look awesome to be fair.

Did you by any chance ever play Ash gray? The unofficial game based on the anime

They're ace and pretty fun to build. 

Unfortunately not no, I known what it is though but I missed it during my hack playing days. I have no good way to play hacks anymore (I used to use my PSP) but I do look on ebay from time to time as some *shady people have been making physical carts of rom hacks. I have fond memories of Pokemon Flora Skies I want to say it was? Physically I have the hacks for Pokemon Light Platinum (GBA) and Pokemon Prism (GBC), I also have a Fire Emblem hack called Last Promise. Ash Gray has been on ebay a few times but it's typically more than I want to pay for an iffy product but they're nice novelty items in my collection. To find them do a Pokemon search in gba but - basically all the legit names like leaf and emerald. 

*I called it shady as it's obviously not legal to sell hacks/fakes but extra so because I highly doubt it's the modder selling these so it's someone double benefiting. Unfortunately the gba is over run with game carts of fake or even legit games so while I love buying for the system I only buy reasonably priced items. The best option is to obviously buy CIB but that's expensive. Any time i'm buying gba games I always look what else they're selling and if anything seems off I simply won't buy from them. I have a few carts I know are fake but I bought them knowing that, like I got the Fire Emblem games as legit copies of them are hard to come by. 

Nintendo shadow dropped an Indie Direct

Not much massive imo but there are a few big names in there and some games to keep an eye on. 

My favourite Pokémon game of all time was Gold. plus the mini Games of the first Pokemon Stadium (I played those regularly against my brother and father, it was awesome).

After that I also felt that there were too many Pokemon... Plus when the SS/HG stuff began, it seemed to me like it was just a remake of the games I loved and I thought 'if I want to play those games again, why wouldn't I just play the original cartridges again?'

And after THAT, I felt put off by all the extra stuff that was added which for some reason I just didn't understand (like in Pokemon white, there was this Link-dream place which first I couldn't use because it wasn't launched here and then it was suddenly gone before I could try it...

Now I just don't feel the same about the games anymore... If I were to pick one up again, it would defo be Gold.

24 minutes ago, Jens said:

My favourite Pokémon game of all time was Gold. plus the mini Games of the first Pokemon Stadium (I played those regularly against my brother and father, it was awesome).

After that I also felt that there were too many Pokemon... Plus when the SS/HG stuff began, it seemed to me like it was just a remake of the games I loved and I thought 'if I want to play those games again, why wouldn't I just play the original cartridges again?'

And after THAT, I felt put off by all the extra stuff that was added which for some reason I just didn't understand (like in Pokemon white, there was this Link-dream place which first I couldn't use because it wasn't launched here and then it was suddenly gone before I could try it...

Now I just don't feel the same about the games anymore... If I were to pick one up again, it would defo be Gold.

The stadium mini games were ace!

The too many Pokemon issue never bothered me but I do understand the new stuff being meh. Mega evolution in X/Y and Z moves in SM/USUM were shit imo but you can play through the games not using them which is what I did.