Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Oh no, what happened? :( 

Buttons SL and SR from right Joycon stopped working. I bought other pair but they still asked for the console because it's part of the package. The stupid thing is that I don't need these buttons except when I play 4 players in Mário Party. So I didn't had a choice. 

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

Buttons SL and SR from right Joycon stopped working. I bought other pair but they still asked for the console because it's part of the package. The stupid thing is that I don't need these buttons except when I play 4 players in Mário Party. So I didn't had a choice. 

That sucks then, I personally hardly use the joycons as I love the Pro Controller

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:36, Ashez said:

That's a nice team @Westside! Not sure I've ever used any of those but Nidoking.

Thanks! Tbh, I wanted to use Pokémon I like but also ones that I don't use often so other than Hitmonlee and Nidoking the rest I have rarely use. I always pick Omanyte over Kabuto so picked the latter for a change.

The Alolan idea is awesome as well!

I'm really looking forward to it! I already have my team planned out, it's going to be:

Golem (Rock/Electric)

Muk (Poison/Dark)

Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)

Marowak (Fire/Ghost) Most excited about this one, looks so cool and I really want one on Pokémon Go.

Raichu (Electric/Psychic)

Dugtrio (Ground/Steel)

I forgot all about Saints Row but I know nothing about it either tbf. Have you considered LA Noire? It's pretty decent open world but it has some issues but I enjoyed it, a bonus is it's dirt cheap atm for example it's only £13 at Argos!

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7594313

For under £20 it's likely worth a look at imo. 

I forgot to mention LA Noire I've already got it and completed it, just need to do all the street crimes now.

@zaangie that sucks! sorry to hear that.

20 minutes ago, Westside said:

Marowak (Fire/Ghost) Most excited about this one, looks so cool and I really want one on Pokémon Go.

Marowak is my favourite Pokemon and the Alolan version is pretty handy, only issue with him on Sun/Moon is I didn't think his move pool was that good. Surprised at no Vulpix As everyone seems to love that. 

21 minutes ago, Westside said:

just need to do all the street crimes now.

Same, I tried to do them but they bored me lol. They also got in the way during the story mode, tbf I loved the first half the game but the second half sucked. 

5 hours ago, zaangie said:

I use the Dualshok 4, only use Joycons in multiplayer games

What adapter do you use? I'm debating getting one for MK8D multiplayer as none of us are find fond of the JCs. 

I'm also debating that new 8bitdo GameCube adapter that makes GameCube controllers and Wii remote connected ones Pro Controllers. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

What adapter do you use? I'm debating getting one for MK8D multiplayer as none of us are find fond of the JCs. 

I'm also debating that new 8bitdo GameCube adapter that makes GameCube controllers and Wii remote connected ones Pro Controllers. 

I use 8bitdo. I don't feel any input lag. Works like a charm. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Marowak is my favourite Pokemon and the Alolan version is pretty handy, only issue with him on Sun/Moon is I didn't think his move pool was that good.

I've been reading and most of the good moves it can learn are from TMs unfortunately but then again they're quite easy to come across. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Surprised at no Vulpix As everyone seems to love that.

Alolan Vulpix is exclusive to Let's Go Eevee I could trade one across from Go but I'll rather use the Alola forms that are either available for both games or exclusive to Pikachu.

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

I use 8bitdo. I don't feel any input lag. Works like a charm. 

The mario brick type one? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0786JC6VW/?coliid=I11KP3ZJX7STOI&colid=PBX4U0ZN0BPB&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is the one I'm considering as I think it might be handy for Snes controller and via GameCube VC happens

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JLF9PVG/?coliid=IK5VUBGB12Y1Z&colid=PBX4U0ZN0BPB&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I just dunno how good either are and multiplayer is that rare for me I'm in no rush lol

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Alolan Vulpix is exclusive to Let's Go Eevee I could trade one across from Go but I'll rather use the Alola forms that are either available for both games or exclusive to Pikachu.

I do think the ice Sandslash is pretty badass tbf, I hate the look of Alolan Golem though tbh. 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

What everyone get for Switchmas then??

Dark Souls and Super Smash Bros.

First time I've owned a smash game actually and first time I've played it since going around a friends and playing one on the GameCube years ago! Wow I've missed out such a fun game and dark souls is as fun/difficult as usual.

What did you get?

30 minutes ago, Westside said:

Super Smash Bros.

I want it but I don't see myself playing it enough to warrant it 😂

31 minutes ago, Westside said:

Dark Souls

Doesn't interest me at all, I don't mind hard games but DS has never appealed, I tried the demo on Switch and I hated everything about it lol. Everything is just clunky, I do prefer my tough games 2D though tbf. 

32 minutes ago, Westside said:

What did you get?

Crash Bandicoot trilogy and Starlink! Starlink is £20 everywhere atm so worth a look. I hoped for Smash or Pokemon but I can't complain as I wanted the ones I got as well, once I've got through these I might get Pokemon unless something new comes along, as yet though Crash and Starlink are still sealed as I've been swamped

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

I want it but I don't see myself playing it enough to warrant it 😂

That's exactly what I said when I got it 😂 but honestly if you do get it I reckon it will surprise you it's a lot of fun, even my missus enjoys it so we have been teaming up together.

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

Crash Bandicoot trilogy and Starlink! Starlink is £20 everywhere atm so worth a look. 

Crash is a game I've wanted to get but a bit like Skyrim I just haven't got round to buying it. My sister got a switch for Christmas and that's the first game she got I might have to borrow it of her once she's stopped playing it. Starlink I've seen you mention that before but I've never played it I'll have to check out some game play. 

What about you then @zaangie Did you get any new games?

Edited by Westside
12 hours ago, zaangie said:

crash is awesome.

I'm really excited to jump into it, I've nearly got it a few times but ended up getting something else lol. 

12 hours ago, zaangie said:

Starlink later 

Will do when I get around to it!

53 minutes ago, Westside said:

it will surprise you it's a lot of fun,

I don't doubt that for a second, I am a smash fan lol. I had Brawl and I played it to death but I also had Smash 4 on WiiU and I hardly played it which is why I'm hesitant. It's the same with Splatoon 2 tbh as I enjoy the game but as I hardly put any time into the first I don't see the point in buying it. 

55 minutes ago, Westside said:

even my missus enjoys

I missus won't play anything lol, she used to play Mario Kart but even that's stopped. Her favourite game as a kid was Crash though so I'm interested to see if she'll bite now I have that. 

56 minutes ago, Westside said:

Crash is a game I've wanted to get but a bit like Skyrim I just haven't got round to buying it.

I have a long, long list of Switch games I want at the right price which both of these are/were on. Especially as I know first party games will never go on sale so I'm happy buying them whenever but jumping on indie or third party games at the right price. I am totally in love with the indie £20-25 quid physical releases tbf.

59 minutes ago, Westside said:

mention that before but I've never played it I'll have to check out some game play. 

It's a toys to life open world real time strategy space flying shooting game 😂

Looks a lot of fun and £20 is basically risk free, it's apparently a tad repetitive but I think it looks gorgeous and a fun experience so why not.  

Any good games in the eshop sale? Nothing catching my eye at a glance and I have some points expiring lol. Lined a few reviews up to check out though. 

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

My switch came today tho 

Ace news!!

11 hours ago, zaangie said:

Octopath

I want to try the demo again but I'd go physical

Rayman Legends

Got and finished, wonderful game. 

AOT 2

I've heard this is decent even without knowledge of the show(?), again it's available physically though, pretty cheaply as well.

Portal Knights,

I really enjoyed the demo of this but with Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the future I'm not sure I'll get to it, also available physically.  

Yoku's Island

I really want this but again I'll go physical. 

So I should have specified eshop exclusive lol. 

Judging on reviews I'd warn everyone to stay away from Hollow, the sale is massive and the eshop trailer and stuff look awesome, however it appears to be hot garbage! 

I have Rayman Legends it's an okay game but I'm currently stuck and can't get past the bit I'm on so haven't played it in ages.

Have either of you two heard of the game Castle of Heart? I bought it of the eshop a few months ago it's actually a really good game but like Rayman I'm stuck as well! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Westside said:

Rayman Legends

Where you stuck? I never found the game that difficult tbh but I did only play the main new stuff as I couldn't be bothered to grind for the older levels. I just wish there was more music levels as they are immense! 

6 hours ago, Westside said:

Castle of Heart

Looking it up now! I'm always up for recommendations!

I'm currently tempted by Nihilumbra which is dirt cheap atm but I think I'll wait and see if a new year sale happens fitst. 

If you want eshop exclusive then I don't know ahaha

Did you never watched AOT? If you like anime, it's a must watch. The games are something that I want to buy but never got a chance so far. Don't know how well they tell the story. 

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

If you want eshop exclusive then I don't know ahaha

No worries, I'm in no rush for games as still not been able to even unwrap Crash or Starlink :(

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

Did you never watched AOT

Nope, I've never watched any anime really, I dabbled with Pokemon, Dragon Ball and Yugioh but that's about it. Animation TV wise I'm only really into Batman The Animated Series and Justice League

Just looked up Castle Of Heart @Westsideand I remember it releasing as it looked a pretty cool performer, apparently it suffers from lag though which is why I lost interest at the time?

Edited by Ashez

What I've Been Playing

December has been hectic for me with the holidays, my brothers birthday, televised football and family being around so I've hardly been able to play on the Switch. I did get alot of Mario Kart in with the family but Dead Cells and Xmas presents haven't been touched much at all :(. It's partly my fault as I was obsessed with my Pokemon Monotype run earlier in the month and FMM so any time I could find mainly went into them tbh, I did attempt to play some demos in small bursts though just because I missed the Switch :p. 

Switch 

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy - I've played around a hour or so getting to the first hog level and I've enjoyed what I've played, however this game takes some serious getting used to! I obviously know what Crash is so I expected some trouble with the view point but i didn't expect it to make jumps as difficult as they are lol, it's just hard to know where you are a lot of the time. I did try to focus on getting all the boxes but I learnt it's not worth the frustration and that some aren't available until later, once I knew that I enjoyed the game more tbh. I'll obviously have better impressions next month once I've played more. 

Dead Cells - I didn't get to play it once and that really annoys me lol, I'll admit the longer the break got the more I feared I'd have to relearn stuff so it got easy to ignore, apart from the fact I really wanted to play it!! I will return soon, that's a promise as I need to beat this even if it's only once!!  

MK8D - We seriously need some DLC tracks already!! Come on Nintendo!!

Forgotten Anne Demo - I downloaded this as the presentation is extremely eye catching as it looks like an animated movie, it's just top draw stuff. Gameplay wise it's an adventure/puzzle game with the demo being pretty simple stuff that didn't take much working out while the story is very intriguing in a bizarre way. However there is platforming and my God it's awful! It's slow, awkward and just not very responsive at all which is a shame as everything else was really intriguing me in truth, I've added it to my watch list so I might get it on a deep sale one day but I'd recommend playing the demo just to see how beautiful it is and to waste half hour or so. 

Four brief opinions on some demos I killed half hour total with

Spoiler

Violet Demo - I never expected this point and click adventure game to appeal to me and it didn't at all, I only tried it out since its always on sale. 

99Vidas Demo - This 2D side scrolling brawler/beat em up was a lot of fun! The animations and character designs are decent as is the combat, I've added this to my watch list for now. The only game in this set that impressed me enough to finish the demo. 

OkunoKA Demo - The typical mobile time waster platformer where you have to get from A-B as quick as you can with floaty controls, not something I'd personally bother with on console, or on mobile devices tbh. 

Xeno Valkyrie+ Demo - A rogue like dungeon explorer with a level up system, the combat and platforming are simple and decent but the design didn't appeal to me at all, it just made things blur together. 

3DS

Ridge Racer 3D - The talk of arcade racers here tempted me to try out one on the 3DS which is in my collection due to being my brothers. I love racing games but typically i need them to have a point like a story mode (N4S Most Wanted etc) as I just don't feel compelled to play a Grand Prix mode outside of stuff like Mario Kart, especially single player. Ridge Racer 3D is a solid game from what I played as it looks really good and the controls were great but I just didn't get the point in playing it, granted that's just my personal tastes and having a huge backlog of other things I could be playing doesn't really help. 

Pokemon X - It turns out the Pokemon Let's Go pull was really strong as I found myself craving a Pokemon experience even after the failure of the Mystery Dungeon attempt. The second I knew Let's Go was a potential Xmas gift all thoughts of playing that vanished so I looked into my collection to see what I could play, I'm sure many of you know Pokemon games are a one save slot deal which sucks but I looked at the games I could or wouldn't mind restarting. My options were FRLG (not considered due to Let's Go), RS (didn't fancy it), DP (again it didn't appeal), BW12 (least favourite gen), ORAS (really disappointed me) so I was left with X as my copy of Y was out of the question as I have around 400 hours on that bad boy as it's where I did my living dex. With the game in mind I decided to set myself a challenge as I've never done one with Pokemon before and the two main options were a Nuzlocke or a mono type/gym leader run. I've always wanted to do a Nuzlocke but the idea of a mono type run was a lot more appealing so with that in mind I looked up the Pokedex and formed a plan. 

Pokemon X - Ground Mono Type Run

Ground types have always been my favourite and the Pokemon X dex has a few of my favourites or ones I enjoy using so it was a no brainer, having common weaknesses to Grass, Water and Ice should also give me a reasonable challenge as well. 

I soon discovered it would take a while for my attempt to officially start however as the early ground types are Diggersby who you can get by evolving an early Pokemon at level 20 or Nincada who's found on route 6, so I decided to play it as normal until one of those were in my party. I'd also decided to use the set battle style while not being allowed to use items in battle, when it came to the exp share I decided to use it as needed to remove any grinding. @Westside

Play through

Spoiler

Starter - It didn't really matter who I picked but I went with Fennekin so my rivals would get the water and grass starters who I'd be weak against. 

First Catch - Bunnelby with the intention of getting him to level 20 asap. 

First Gym - Bug - Bunnelby lv 12, Fennekin lv 10

The first gym wasn't that bad but I did have to use Fennekin in the final battle, even if all it did was lower the opposition defence so my wounded Bunnelby could come in and one shot it. 

I soon realised I couldn't last like this so I added another Bunnelby to the party for the time being. 

The Official Start

In annoying timing it was on route 6 while Nincada hunting that Bunnelby reached level 20 and evolved, at this point Fennekin was boxed and replaced by a Nincada (2.5 hours in). Nincada will only be a temporary team member however as once it evolves it loses its ground typing so I expect it'll be out classed pretty quickly. Thankfully the next few routes have a number of ground types so I should be able to start team building soon. 

The First Party Wipe

I remember this trainer on route 6 from my original play through as it's a double battle with double Furfrou's who eat up physical attacks and use attack lowering moves and flinch head butt :@. I returned with double Diggersby and wiped the floor with them though :D. 

The New Party

As expected the routes between 6 and 9 were the ones where I bulked up my team! I went into these routes with two Diggersby's and a Nincada but I left with a Hippopotas, Rhyhorn, Sandile and an Onix who replaced the one Diggersby. Rhyhorn was a tad annoying as I caught 2 with one being modest and the other timid! Such bad luck but thankfully they were male and female so I bread for another with a suitable nature. Cubone/Marowak are my favourite Pokemon but I decided against hunting for one to give myself a new experience as I've used Marowak a lot in recent years (Light Platinum, Moon & Ultra Sun).

Current Team - Diggersby, Rhyhorn, Hippopotas, Onix, Sandile, Nincada. 

I think Diggersby, Rhyhorn and Sandile are here to stay with the other three being open to change as we continue. 

Gym 2 - Rock - Rhyhorn Lv15, Onix Lv20, Hippoptas Lv23, Sandile Lv24, Nincada Lv21, Diggersby Lv25

The second I saw this was a rock gym I thought it would be a walk in the park but the AI having some Water/Rock and Ice/Rock Pokemon caught me off guard but we forced our way through to get our second badge.

Gym 3 - Fighting - Rhyhorn Lv29, Golett Lv32, Hippopotas Lv32, Krokorok Lv34, Diggersby Lv34, Onix Lv30

Inbetween gyms Nicada was replaced by a Golett who I wanted to cover our fighting weakness but I was unaware gym 3 was a fighting one so it was a happy accident. For the record Golett was easily the boss of this gym as it was tricky at times but Golett being immune was such an asset. Squad wise I'm happy enough but Onix will be replaced soon as I'm finding no use for him at all while Rhyhorn has been an utter pain to level up but hopefully it's worth it. 

Gym 4 - Grass - Hippowdon Lv36, Rhyhorn Lv33, Golett Lv35, Krokorok Lv37, Diggersby Lv38, Onix Lv34

This was just brutal! Only Hippowdon and Diggersby could take a hit so they stole the show in this gym, we almost got party wiped by a Weepinbel of all things as it was so fast and one shot everything, thankfully Diggersby could take a hit and KO in return. 

Gym 5 - Electric - Rhyhorn Lv38, Hippowdon Lv39, Golett Lv39, Krookodile Lv41, Diggersby Lv41, Trapinch Lv30

I thought this gym would be easy which it was, until the leaders second Pokemon whipped out a surprise grass knot that tore through Rhyhorn, Golett and Hippowdon. Team wise Onix is finally gone and replaced with Trapinch as I do like Flygon, however I'm not sure if I'll use it as there is a Pokemon on the next route I need for balance. Hippowdon was the one I didn't intend to use but he's been that vital so far I don't want to drop him. Rhyhorn has likely been the worst member up until this point but I want to use Rhydon due to liking him. Decisions decisions. 

Gym 6 - Fairy - Quagsire Lv38, Hippowdon Lv42, Golett Lv42, Rhydon Lv42, Vibrava Lv35, Onix Lv36

Second Party Wipe! Ouch!

I'd caught a water absorb Quagsire to help combat my water weakness and while levelling him up I dropped off Krookodile and Diggersby to train up some others which backfired in the gym massively as we got sweeped by Sylveon. It was close but it charmed my Hippowdon down to -6 so I just couldn't hit it hard enough. The only good thing to come of this failure was Rhyhorn finally evolved!

Attempt 2 - Quagsire Lv38, Hippowdon Lv43, Golurk Lv43, Rhydon Lv42, Krookodile Lv43, Diggersby Lv43

A nice easy sweep this time with Quagsire dealing with Mawile, Krookodile capitalising on a free switch in on a Mr Mime immune attack to KO and Rhyhorn poison jabbed the pesky Slyveon to death. 

Gym 7 - Psychic - Diggersby Lv48, Krookodile Lv49, Hippowdon Lv48, Quagsire Lv48, Rhydon Lv48, Golurk Lv48

Inbetween gyms I grinded Quagsire up a few levels while Rhydon is now showing his worth since evolving as he can now take a hit and fire one back. This gym however was the easiest for a while as Krookodile stormed the place without issue. 

Third Party Wipe!

This time I got ripped apart by Lysandre and his mega-Gyarados. A fast and powerful water type is amazing against my team and the fact it has mold breaker means Quagsire can't tank it out. I returned with a plan of using Hippowdon to put it to sleep with yarn followed by rotating intimidate from Krookodile. It was tight but Diggersby managed to fire off a return to get the victory. 

Gym 8 - Ice - Diggersby Lv61, Krookodile Lv62, Quagsire Lv61, Rhydon Lv60, Golurk Lv61, Hippowdon Lv60

This was a gym I was really worried about but it wasn't as bad as I feared thanks to Hippowdon being able to remove hail and yawn threats to sleep. Diggersby, Golurk and Hippowdon fell in battle but a nice stone edge from Rhyhorn saw us pick up our final badge. 

Elite Four Team

zvTs9Na.jpg

The Elite Four

Obviously all my rules are still in place so I can't heal in battle and I'm using the set battle style, I will however heal as needed inbetween battles. Let's go!

1. Steel - Lv63-65 - I wasn't sure how tough this battle would be considering I had a team of earthquake users and tbf it went alright. Rhydon started but was taken out by a crit Flash Canon with Quagsire coming out to score the next two KOs. Scizor was the opponent I was fearful of and a crit bullet punch fainted Diggersby with Hippowdon responding. 

Used: Rhydon, Quagsire, Diggersby, Hippowdon
Fainted: Rhyhorn and Diggersby. 

2. Fire - Lv63-65 - As easy as you'd expect with Rhydon OHKO everything until he got confused and burnt by Talonflame, a quick switch to Quagsire secured the win however. 

Used: Rhydon, Quagsire
Fainted: None

I knew the first two wouldn't be that bad as it was the second two that terrified me. Members 3 and 4 are Dragon and Water trainers and these two are the reason for the Quagsire as I knew I'd need some protection against water types and an ice beam user, especially after the hassle I had on my Light Platinum playthrough having no ice or Dragon type moves. 

3. Dragon - Lv63-65 - My fear was for nothing as Quagsire delivered the goods taking out 3 of the 4 Pokemon with Golurk coming in via a dragon tail to claim the victory. 

Used: Quagsire, Golurk
Fainted: None

4. Water - Lv63-65 - This could have gone a lot worse! I leaded with Hippowdon to get a sand stream up to higher the teams special defence and he took out the first, a switch to Quagsire saw him wall and take out the Starmie for Gyarados to come in. Knowing he wouldn't use a water attack I switched to Rhydon, all my eggs were in the basket of Rhydon holding on from a waterfall and landing a stone edge.......Which he did! Krookodile then took care of the final member. 

Used: Everyone 
Fainted: Quagsire

Champion - Lv64-68 - I expected a tough fight against a balanced team but with decent switching I had an early advantage and I thought I'd won, then however Mega Gardevoir came out, out speeding me and hitting everything like a truck! I was down to Golurk, Diggersby and an injured Krookodile when I decided to give Golurk it's chance! Gardevoir fired a shadow ball in our direction and Golurk hung on! All I needed was damage as my ghost giant fired a shadow punch at the mega and to my delight it was a OHKO!!!

We've done it!! 

AZ Battle - I forgot all about this ending battle but Quagsire swept with some help from Diggersby. 

Complete. 

Final Thoughts

Pokemon X/Y - I seriously enjoyed revisiting this game as it's a really solid Pokemon adventure imo. It does get a little bloated due to the massive cast of characters and I think the story could have been explored more but for a Pokemon game it does the job. One thing I never liked about X/Y was it seems to go ages without gyms then quick fires them at you but it didn't bother me as much on this playthrough. The region is great fun to explore while the Pokemon available is a nice balance. My playtime is 18 hours and I can think of many worse ways to waste that time, there's nothing like a solid RPG during these cold winter nights!

Mono Type Challenge - I love the unique spin this type of challenge adds to the game as it was extremely fun trying to build a team and hunting for things I wanted. I'm now extremely eager to do another run on another game asap! Highly recommended and i don't think this is anywhere near as grindy as a Nuzlocke would be. 

Difficulty - I've never played a Pokemon game on the set setting before and it really added to the challenge, I think I'll be implementing this on every Pokemon game from now on, it's a small thing but it makes a lot of difference. The fact I didn't allow in battle items also made things interesting, I'll admit I've never really relied on them in the past but being able to use them made every move and switch mean more.  

The Team - Quagsire was arguably the MVP during those final battles which is ace since he wasn't really up to much apart from safe switching beforehand. However it's Hippowdon who stole my heart as he was excellent throughout, in my plans I intended to use a Flygon in his place but my mighty Hippo was just so good at being bulky I couldn't replace him! I suppose Diggersby and Golurk became the least used as I only used them in specific circumstances but this team was a lot of fun to use and build. I've always loved Krookodile and Rhydon so it was also fun giving them their times to shine, all in all I love them all haha. 

SAcJ7wZ.jpg

GameCube

Golden Eye Rogue Agent - I hadn't actually finished it last month as I had a few levels left but I beat it shortly after posting. The last level is a complete bitch and some of the laziest level design I've seen in recent memory, honesty just massive sections copied and pasted with shield enemies and one shot kill guns, I wasn't that fond as is but that last level has killed the game completely. Easily the worst Bond game I've played. 

Game Of The Year

New Releases

1. Darkest Dungeon 
2. Okami HD
3. Dead Cells
4. Dragon Quest Builders
5. Owlboy

After some soul searching I decided to drop Dead Cells to third behind Okami. That finishes my games of the year list for 2018 and while it's not full of heavy hitters I can say the top three at least are fantastic.  

First Time Played This Year

1. Steamworld Dig 2 - Switch
2. Pokemon Ultra Sun - 3DS
3. Fire Emblem Warriors - Switch
4. LA Noire - Switch
5. Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS

I can't believe I've play through 3 Pokemon games this year, that's pretty neat to realise. As for this list it is what it is, with Steamworld Dig 2 likely being the only one I ever replay, I do want to return to Fire Emblem Warriors at some point though I just keep forgetting about it. 

Top 5 Switch Games So Far

I thought it would be fun to post my top 5 switch games so far. 

1. TLOZ BOTW
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Darkest Dungeon
4. MK8D
5. Okami HD

The only 5* rated (I use a collection app) game I missed out is Dead Cells which is a toss up with that and Okami tbh, the only 4.5* rated game I have is Mario + Rabbids. As crazy as it sounds I'm actually tempted to place Darkest Dungeon above Odyssey, it's a tough one as I loved every second of DD but Odyssey made me feel like a little kid again. 

Recent Pick Ups

Figures

Wolf Amiibo - £12.99 - This figure is badass, I might not have Smash but I have an amiibo obsession and I want to finish the smash set at least. Wolf was my main in Brawl so I was disappointed when he was cut from Smash 4 but he's one I'm happy that's returned. His pose is cool and he looks ace flanked by Falco and Fox, even if I've never played a Star Fox game.

Ridley Amiibo - £12.99 - Again this figure looks really bloody cool so I'm delighted to add him to the collection, especially as in the last year or two I've really fallen in love with Metroid. 

Bayonetta Amiibo - £10.99 - I've been after this pesky amiibo for 2 years and I finally have it! The hour they were originally available for preorder I just paid off a holiday so I was skint which meant I missed out on Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin. I managed to grab a female Corrin at some point but Cloud and Bayonetta have been like golddust, especially at retail price. I thought I got her ages ago but amazon cancelled my order but this time they delivered so I'm very happy. Now to keep an eye out for Cloud. 

Banjo-Kazooie Totaku - £7.99 - I saw these figures released in America but I didn't expect to see them here, it's rare I pop into Game but I did during the sales and they really impressed me, however my local store didn't have a Banjo which is the one I wanted. The missus went to the next town over the next day and they had one in stock though so I'm ecstatic to add him to my shelf, he might not be Nintendo anymore but he'll always be Nintendo in my heart :p. These figures lines are for Sony/Microsoft games I think to rival Amiibo I guess, I've seen Crash and Spyro ones which look neat but it's actually the Lemmings one I'm debating getting next as I've always liked Lemmings, it must have been one of the first games I played as I remember playing it on my mum's original Gameboy. They also have a Conker one but I decided against it as I've never really played the game, sure he's an Nintendo classic but I have no connection to him, the Yugioh ones are also really cool! They've released 30 so far from loads of series

https://www.mytotaku.com/en/Figure

Xmas

Unfortunately no Smash or Pokemon for me but I did receive two games I'm equally excited about. I'll hopefully pick up at least Pokemon at some point but I'm not that fussed on missing Smash tbh. 

Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy - The missus' mother picked this up for me which was a nice surprise, it's been on my want list for ages so I can't wait to jump into it. 

Starlink - I thought Starlink looked really cool but the starting price of around £80 at launch was too steep, however just before Xmas it dropped to an amazing £20 basically everywhere so I sent my brother a link and hoped he'd bite which he did. The Arwing is really cool so £20 for a Game I want to play, an Arwing statue and a Fox figure was a no brainer. 

Brawl - 89p - Its a bomberman clone which I typically wouldn't look at but I had 30p of gold coins expiring so for a few pence I thought why not, especially as I need multiplayer games. I've not played it yet but I'll try it out with my brother soon I'm sure. 

Edited by Ashez

@Ashez they didn't chance the Crash's game play so the first is harder to play. The other two are easier because the game play gets upgraded. The third is my favorite. What a game.

Bought Spyro for half price to offer my brother. Gonna play it after he returns my ps4 (the console is mine so my gift to him it was like to me 😂😂😂