Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

I think comparing Wii with PS4 and xBox is.stupud anyway its different gaming completely tbh

You cant beat a family get together and a bit of wii sports!

Different mentalities I'd say it's just the difference of age, I am nearing 18 so you know I would definitely prefer something else over a family get together and some Wii sports mostly a COD Black Ops 2 Zombie Session or maybe a CS: Global Offensive or a Carjacking session in GTA over multiplayer.

It's safe to say that you guys are over estimating my statement because firstly I said Wii never impressed me I definitely didn't compared it until it was put how other consoles games are repetitive. And I am aware that Wii is definitely of other gen. But at my age I would say again Wii games are completely and utter stupid titles which doesn't makes any sense now I might enjoy Wii when I turn 25 or so but right there's no way but as Ashez said we will agree to disagree. :)

Anyone played Radiant Historia? Picked it up a week or so ago really cheap considering it's an import title (£14). Not far into it but enjoying what I've played so far :). 

I also managed to get Infinite Space for £17 quid which is an absolute bargain for how rare it is. Sounds a very complicated game but I'm jump into it at some point. Also on the look out for the Dragon Quest DS games, absolutely loved 9 which was my first in the series but they don't seem that common, especially 5. 

I got a 3DS just before Christmas in the hope of getting back into Pokemon, been loving playing X and AS. Not got any friends on it though so no idea how to add people, also would be nice if anyone plays Pokemon as well as I could do with trading some!

11 minutes ago, Dec said:

What is it? Heard the name a lot but never any details

I assume Miitomo? 

It's like an Nintendo social network where you answer random questions. It also has a photo editor so you can add Mii's and some mini games. Tbh it's pretty shit after a little while but it links to the new MyNintendo account which can add up for rewards like free games and discounts. The MyNintendo stuff is the only reason I've ever had any interest in it though lol. 

Between a group of friends it's meant to be really fun. It's a very charming app but it doesn't last for long.

It's done what it was meant to though as it's been a success and got Nintendo out there in the mobile world. They've announced Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and another game will release before March on that platform. 

I loved Y but ORAS didn't do it for me which is odd as I loved the original. Looking forward to seeing more on Sun and Moon in the coming months. Then there is that Pokemon Go which could be pretty interesting. 

God knows what's going on with the WiiU at this point but the 3ds has a pretty solid year ahead of it. Really excited for Fire Emblem next month and then the two Dragon Quest games, apparently there are unannounced games too which is always good. Side note any Nintendo fan should check out the Nintendo Humble bundle, £9.30 something for £130 quids worth of games with more added next week! :O 

It's hard not to be looking towards the NX at this point but when we know nothing about it it's hard to know what to think lol. I expected it this year so the wait to 2017 sucks but my backlog is that stupid I have plenty to keep me busy haha. 

Anyone pick up Fire Emblem today? I managed to get the special edition which makes me happier than it should do haha. 

Well my code is 5387-1300-1380

Like I said only got Pokemon, but played a Dragon Quest for DS which was great, so could look forward to any on here too!

Added. Mines - 0645-7201-0309

Which Dragon Quest? I played 9 and loved it beyond words! Was an awesome experience. Since then I've picked up all the other DS ones minus Chapters of The chosen, not played them yet though. Delighted to have Hands of the heavenly bride as its one of the rare DS games, managed to get it for a good price too :D. Dunno if you know but two DQ games have been announced for 3ds but no release dates yet. 

I'll add you when I'm next on my DS. But yeah I think it was 9, Sentinels of the Starry Sky or something like that? Used to play it with 3 of my mates as you could join each others game and work together, back in college we did a 12 hour session from 6pm-6am once on it. Would like to play others since I enjoyed that one so much. Think I saw something about a new one but didn't know there was two announced for it!

Sound :). 

Yeah that's 9, I played it on holiday last summer, absolutely loved it and I only played on single player, bet it was awesome with friends. Unfortunately DS games don't have online support anymore as servers were shut down :(. I expect to see more on the 3ds ones at E3. 

All the buzz is today/Thursday we are getting NX news! Not sure if reveal or announcement of the reveal but I can't wait :D 

Edit -

Confirmed! 3pm Thursday a trailer is released :D

Edited by Ashez
3 hours ago, Ashez said:

All the buzz is today/Thursday we are getting NX news! Not sure if reveal or announcement of the reveal but I can't wait :D 

Edit -

Confirmed! 2pm Thursday a trailer is released :D

Wow sounds great. I can't wait

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

The NX is the Nintendo Switch and just wow! 

That's how it's done and massive third party sport! 

It looks insane and with all this support hopefully the switch doesn't die out like the Wii U did. 

I'm beyond excited, it's what I wanted it to be but even better! Think they've hit it out the park, just have to hope the casual market is as excited by it :) 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm beyond excited, it's what I wanted it to be but even better! Think they've hit it out the park, just have to hope the casual market is as excited by it :) 

That's the key to this console succeeding. Casual gamers need to jump on board and hopefully it's priced competitively because a major draw card of Nintendo is the price along with AAA exclusives. If the third party support comes to fruition Nintendo could have a winner on their hands.

It has to hit £299 (£250 basic, 299 with game or something) for me, if it's anywhere near £400 they've already lost. 

The third party support is rather exciting but it's normal for a launch, if they're still there in March 2018 is another question. Having the big third parties plus Nintendo IPs and being home and portable could be massive! 

They've annouced we'll hear nothing else until next year though :(. All we could get now is any third parties announcing games. Makes sense as they have to push WiiU and especially the 3DS this holiday but rather annoying haha. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It has to hit £299 (£250 basic, 299 with game or something) for me, if it's anywhere near £400 they've already lost. 

The third party support is rather exciting but it's normal for a launch, if they're still there in March 2018 is another question. Having the big third parties plus Nintendo IPs and being home and portable could be massive! 

They've annouced we'll hear nothing else until next year though :(. All we could get now is any third parties announcing games. Makes sense as they have to push WiiU and especially the 3DS this holiday but rather annoying haha. 

At least we know know what we're waiting for now and what you've said hit the nail on the head.

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Just picked up my Switch and Zelda SE, anyone else getting it?

I picked up mine yesterday (due to being in Australia) and got Zelda and Bomberman. Zelda is a work of art and Bomberman looks good as a multiplayer alternative to 1-2 Switch