Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Nice, I basically lived in the climbing gear as I climbed constantly lol. 

Best way to get money iirc is hunt in one the northern snowy areas, then cook loads of dear meat and sell it. 

Oh you rode a bear? I missed them completely until right at the end lol

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nice, I basically lived in the climbing gear as I climbed constantly lol. 

I’ve upgraded my stamina wheel to around 2&1/4 now so climbing has become so much more easier! 

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Best way to get money iirc is hunt in one the northern snowy areas, then cook loads of dear meat and sell it.

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks! I struggle for cash mostly but a quick trek around death mountain area bashing stones for gems usually puts it right

Just beat King Kong, highly recommend to anyone else still messing about with older games, it's dirt cheap and ace. 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve upgraded my stamina wheel to around 2&1/4 now so climbing has become so much more easier! 

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks! I struggle for cash mostly but a quick trek around death mountain area bashing stones for gems usually puts it right

I never really got into the gem gathering tbf, I just did it now and then.

@Ashez wait, did you bought a Pokémon hack game? Man, don't do that :(

What map thing? The history mode? I left the game after finishing the story mode and couple of history mode missions because I got bored with the scenarios and generic characters. Now I gave it another shot after I beat Warriors Orochi 4 and for some reason I'm loving it this time ahaha. I'm completing the Anna Conditions in story mode and doing some grind so I can take History with full force. I'll probably buy the season pass after I'm done with the game and then I'll move to Dynasty Warriors 8 XLDE 😁

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

wait, did you bought a Pokémon hack game? Man, don't do that :(

I know I know 😂. It's wrong but I like playing on original hardware so if the price is right I'll buy them. I attempt to buy no fakes with legit games but that's really hard to achieve with GBA titles (one reason I don't buy many or only buy cheaply), I know at least a few of mine are fake unfortunately. Pokemon hack wise I have Light Platinum and Prism physically and a Fire Emblem fan game. They're available on Ebay fairly cheap now and then but I used a different site this time and missed out. 

history

Yeah that, you can tell it's been a while lol. It's something I wanted to jump into but I struggle to stay interested in Warriors games, I enjoyed FE more than Zelda though. The history mode was just daunting though, I wanted to unlock Anna and Lyn but the requirements put me off iirc. 

The Switch games I want to revisit are Odyssey and FE Warriors though. 

The game is very grindy. Im not used to this kind of grind in Warriors game but I'm enjoying it. 

I'm halfway through to unlock Anna. There's still Lyn and Celica to unlock tho. 

Edited by zaangie
2 hours ago, zaangie said:

The game is very grindy. Im not used to this kind of grind in Warriors game but I'm enjoying it. 

I'm halfway through to unlock Anna. There's still Lyn and Celica to unlock tho. 

I forgot about Celica, I love her design and character from Echoes, she's so interesting compared to the bland Elm. 

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Guys, I will have max half an hour to an hour a night to play, would you recommend Zelda on that basis?

If you can put it down after an hour, then yes 😛 

added 0 minutes later

In all seriousness though Rob, it’s a hell of an experience!

Maybe if you’re limited to that amount of time then buy a strategy guide if some sort to go with it? At least then you won’t be aimlessly exploring, but then again that’s the beauty of the game!

I think I will wait a year or so until the little man is a bit older and life at home is a bit easier. It’s just you boys make it sound so amazing.

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think I will wait a year or so until the little man is a bit older and life at home is a bit easier. It’s just you boys make it sound so amazing.

Just do what I do, let the kid terrorise the house whilst I play on the switch. She loves it, I love it. Win win :D 

25 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Just do what I do, let the kid terrorise the house whilst I play on the switch. She loves it, I love it. Win win :D 

In my dreams 😭

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I think that might be wise as I really don't think BOTW should be rushed, it's an experience that needs time to soak. Most the bad reviews I've seen of BOTW are from people that rushed and didn't take the time to let the game absorb them. 

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Don’t talk to Ashez about Crash 😂😂

I’ve never played it. My mate at work loved it though. I need to know @Ashez‘ thoughts now!

p.s. @zaangie how the heck have you managed 110 hours on MK8D? Online play?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Crash Team Racing is June then. 

25 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Don’t talk to Ashez about Crash 😂😂

I've never played CTR so I have none, my views on Crash as a series are very undecided atm as stated in my last update 😂

CTR wise it's one I'm pretty interested in but again racing/multiplayer games take a lower priority for me. Does CTR have a story mode? All I know is it's like a mix of Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, now I can say I'd be all in on a Diddy Kong Racing 2! Oh the originals opening theme warms my heart! Tune! Oh that igloo battle more track!! And Timber the tiger 🐯

I'm not thinking of getting anything new atm as i have Crash 2/3, Starlink and Xeodrifter to play. Plus the backlog of doom 😂

Sphinx and the cursed mummy is one I'm very interested in though. 

14 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Rob yes, online play. I play a lot with my wife and a friend of mine. 

I really want more MK8 tracks tbh. The amount that games sold makes sense over a sequel

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I really want more MK8 tracks tbh. The amount that games sold makes sense over a sequel

Yeah, the game got stale. I'm hoping that with the release of CTR and Sonic we'll get more content or even a new game. 

Yeah, the game got stale. I'm hoping that with the release of CTR and Sonic we'll get more content or even a new game. 

I'd take DLC in a heart beat! It's sold like 15m copies and is the Switch's best selling game so a few more cups would be amazing. MK9 must be years away imo. 

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

More tracks would be bloody brilliant. 

What are you guys hoping is the mysterious game they are referring to?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/nintendo_readying_one_unannounced_switch_title_lfans_would_be_delighted_to_know_about

I have no idea tbf, especially by the it's online part. That rumoured Star Fox Racing game maybe? Or another racing game like Wave Race or F Zero but both feel unlikely. 

I can't see it being Mario Maker as that 2D Mario just released so I really don't know. 

Did you guys saw the news about Xbox Live coming to Switch? 

Yes. I’m not really fussed about the going online bit anymore, I’ve only just converted from Xbox to switch. Saying that, if it opens the door to more games then it’s fantastic news

It doesn't mean much to me tbh, it's interesting for sure but I'm more curious about what Nintendo is getting out of this. Both companies appear really friendly atm but I want to see Nintendo's advantages for doing it outside of cross platform play in Fortnight and Minecraft. 

The Rare games come to mind, they're a massive part of Nintendo history so will we see them return? Rare Replay on Switch would be huge! 

I've been expecting Minecraft Steve in Smash all year as well, a bland character and one I'm not fussed on but he does merit his place if selected.