Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Oh man, old RARE games on Switch ❤️

These are what's on Rare Replay

Screenshot_2019-02-05-20-42-56.thumb.png.8ee859e0ebf7c0ea6ed3b07d3ca5d9bc.png

That would be ace on Switch! 

Had anyone dabbled with that free to play game Warframe? I stumbled across some footage and it looks really bloody good! 

@Nucleusmate, BOTW has taken over your life!! 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

No way? I thought my 50+ in my whole time for Odyssey was a lot. That’s mad! 

The hours just fly by on this!

36 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’d definitely get that, although it’s be nice for DKR and other Nintendo mascot games to be lobbed in.

Is @Nucleus playing BOTW AGAIN?!?!

For sure! If Rare Replay game to Switch it would be immense if Nintendo added in the DKC trilogy, Donkey Kong 64 and Start of Adventure but all likely wishful thinking. 

33 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

60 hours in 11 days I’ve spent on this game! It’s truly taken over!

That's mental 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

No way? I thought my 50+ in my whole time for Odyssey was a lot. That’s mad! 

I used to think the same before the Switch! 

Top my head as my Switch profile is a mess 

BOTW - Around 100

Darkest Dungeon - 95

MK8D - 45

Mario+Rabbids - Around 40 I think

Odyssey/Dragon Quest Builders/Okami and maybe LA Noire - 30+

Then I have a fair few >20 😮

I just love this machine and it's games! 

The missus had a hospital appointment today and her original arrangements fell through (she needed someone to pick her up etc) so last min I went. Expecting a wait I grabbed the only thing I hoped was charged.....Being my GBA SP lol. It's been a while since I've took that bad boy out in public lol. 

Panicking for a game to take I had 2 options, Pokemon FR or LG or Fire Emblem. @Nucleushalf talked me into a Poison type mono run which has me excited but the green/red cart screaming Pokemon put me off so I took the first Fire Emblem instead lol. 

I dunno I just thought I'd share my SP adventure lol, hopefully I can stick with the game after getting a few chapters done today. 

Borrowed Mario Party for the Switch off of a mate today.  Turns out it’s bloody annoying playing it on your own! I cannot wait until my little man is old enough to game.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Borrowed Mario Party for the Switch off of a mate today.  Turns out it’s bloody annoying playing it on your own! I cannot wait until my little man is old enough to game.

You couldn't ask for a much worse single player experience 😂. It's brilliant couch coop but na I'd never play it single player. 

I discovered a proper single player mode where you have to hit targets in the mini games, it's okay but to unlock it you need to have played every mini game once, that took me 10-15 hours of family play! Partly because I didn't play every mode for a while but the fact the single player mode is hidden says it all. 

Just now, Rob said:

Is it good fun as a family? Looks like it should be. 

I've had a blast playing it with my missus and brother, we're actually trying to complete it lol. I loved MP on the N64/GameCube but the Wii and WiiU ones were awful but boards aside the Switch one is fun. 

The only issue I've ran into is it's joycon only so we can only play 2 at a time, we've actually discussed getting another pair though to play 3 player. The missus also talked about inviting get mates around to play it. 

The mini games are just simple so it's accessible, but it does have a slight issue of whoever is better at the mini games has an advantage. 

7 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashezyou really should get another pair. Tha game is awesome with four people. It lacks more boards tho. 

Just wish they weren't so expensive lol, I hardly use the joy cons tbh as I'm in love with the pro controller which I got release day, it's expensive but easily my favourite controller ever. 

Anyone else playing Langrisser mobile? I've just played the first few missions and it feels real good, I dunno if it'll have lasting appeal or what the mobile element's are like but I liked what I played so far. I know @Nucleusisn't into SRPGs but iirc you are @zaangie

I@Ashez I like srpgs but I'm very noob, that's why I rarely buy this kind of games 😂 back in gba years I had to cheat to finish FF Tactics and Fire Emblem 😂 and ZOE was my favorite but it had an easy mode so I didn't need to cheat 

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

I@Ashez I like srpgs but I'm very noob, that's why I rarely buy this kind of games 😂 back in gba years I had to cheat to finish FF Tactics and Fire Emblem 😂 and ZOE was my favorite but it had an easy mode so I didn't need to cheat 

😂😂😂

No shame in that lol, I'd recommend looking into Langrisser then though

1. It's free

2. Nice in depth tutorial

So you have nothing to risk or worry about 

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

That it is! What have you been playing? :D

and @zaangie

I 'borrowed' my brothers copy of BOTW, and its mind blowing. Love that game and I've sunk a good 60 hours into already.
Also playing SmashBros, Odyssey, Mariokart, crash bandicoot (because i love nostalgia), pokemom

also picked up a heap of eshop deals like Guacamelee 1+2, Hollow knight, Into the breach, west of loathing.

any reccomendations?

2 minutes ago, topline said:

BOTW

Best game ever :D. 

2 minutes ago, topline said:

SmashBros

I'm really starting to want this but I'm still unsure

3 minutes ago, topline said:

Odyssey

Wonderful game

3 minutes ago, topline said:

Mariokart

Solid

4 minutes ago, topline said:

crash bandicoot

Currently playing, on the second one atm

4 minutes ago, topline said:

pokemom

I want it yet I don't lol

5 minutes ago, topline said:

Guacamelee 1+2, Hollow knight,

Waiting on physical releases

5 minutes ago, topline said:

any reccomendations?

As you like Metroidvania's 100% recommend looking into Dead Cells and Steamworld Dig 1+2

oh dead cells i have too. havent played it yet, but the reviews were good and it was on sale lol.

I'll look into those other titles too. Thanks :)

13 minutes ago, topline said:

oh dead cells i have too. havent played it yet, but the reviews were good and it was on sale lol.

I'll look into those other titles too. Thanks :)

Dead Cells is excellent, some of the best movement and combat I've experienced but its pretty hard. I'm 20 hours in and not beaten it yet, I've got to the final boss 5 odd times and he's brutal. 

The Steamworld Dig games look unusual but the game play loop is very addictive, it's a Metroidvania where you basically make your own path, I'm a big fan of the series and the developer. There is also Steamworld Hiest which is a strategy shooter and they've just announced a card based RPG called Steamworld Quest