Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Bring it on! 

I'm so hyped for Fire Emblem news at last :D

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Predictions? MM and a 2d Zelda seem to be doing the rounds.

I typically avoid rumours around directs as I do love the wtf moment when stuff is revealed, unfortunately alot is hard to avoid lol. 

FE news will likely be enough for me as we should get a date, as for anything else I'd love a 2D Zelda and the Metroid trilogy. I wonder if Dragon Quest will show up but I'd think that's too early but I don't see Pokemon being mentioned. Mario Party DLC could excite me though

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez a demo of Pokémon Let's Go was released in eshop if you wanna check it out and try.. 

Sweet, just downloaded it via the website so it'll be on my Switch the next time I'm on it :D. 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

How long is it? Any idea? 😛

Spoiler

According to Serbii.net, this demo matches the one that was available at tours late last year and requires 2.2GB of space to download. There's also no play limit. Unfortunately, though, none of the game data transfers over to the final version, as it has in previous Pokémon demos.

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Today is dragging!

Did you play Let’s Go? 

I gave it 5 minutes. Didn’t like it. Roll on proper Pokemon I say!

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Did you play Let’s Go? 

I gave it 5 minutes. Didn’t like it. Roll on proper Pokemon I say!chsnc

Not had chance today unfortunately, hopefully soon though. 

Why didn't you like it?

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I can’t decide whether to bother staying up to watch the direct or just check it out when up in the morning. 

If you stay up and watch it it’ll probably send you to sleep anyway so go for it.

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Not had chance today unfortunately, hopefully soon though. 

Why didn't you like it?

Just felt forced 😂 the no random battles thing is not my cup of tea. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time though. I’ll poribably give it another bash at some point. Doubt I’d pay for the full game though. It’s a remake of a game I’ve played a few dozen times. Looks beautiful but the Go! Side of things isn’t my scene. 

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Just felt forced 😂 the no random battles thing is not my cup of tea. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time though. I’ll poribably give it another bash at some point. Doubt I’d pay for the full game though. It’s a remake of a game I’ve played a few dozen times. Looks beautiful but the Go! Side of things isn’t my scene. 

That's my fear, hopefully the demo makes my decision. 

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

I can’t decide whether to bother staying up to watch the direct or just check it out when up in the morning. 

Do it!

Nintendo Direct 

I thought I'd talk about it so here we go

Spoiler

Mario Maker 2 - I love the first but not for the level building but for having unlimited Mario levels to hand which is something I love. Not sure it's something I'd rush out and get but the new features look cool. It just feels odd not wanting a game for its purpose lol. 

DQ Builders 2 - Eek! It looks wonderful and I'm hyped but......It releases the week before Fire Emblem which completely sucks! It's gone from a day one to a when I can get to it unfortunately. 

DQ 11s - OMG this looks so amazing, I teared up with joy watching that trailer (I've ignored as much as possible from the PS4 version). The graphics, the music, the game play oh I'm so in love! This is by far my most hyped for game. 

Marvel - Looks neat but not a series I'm experienced with and I wish it was DC instead 😛

Tetris - A Tetris battle royal is hilarious

Dead By Daylight - Didn't appeal tbh. 

Deamon X Machina - No interest really but I'll try the demo. 

Starlink - Cool new content as long as I like the base game. 

Final Fantasy - Not for me.

Fire Emblem - Disappointed it's delayed and that we didn't see much but I'm still hyped, I just want all the info lol. 

Links Awakening - I'm excited for this as I like the original but it's so dated and needs updating, the art style is unique but I like it and the cut scene was stunning. 

Yoshi - I'm still not convinced but the demo is downloaded. I liked the first on WiiU but I never loved it. 

BoxBoy - I played and loved the 3DS ones so I have an interest. 

Bloodstained - Interested but the art style bothers me and I dunno why. The gameplay looks pretty cool though

Hellblade - It looks stunning and I've heard good things. 

Astral Chain - The surprise of the direct for me as this looks incredible, you could instantly tell it was a Platinum game and I can't wait to see more. 

All in all a very solid direct, it's a shame we didn't see the Metroid Trilogy but FE and DQ will keep me very happy, especially as Pokemon is coming. 

4 minutes ago, zaangie said:

That was a great direct, damn! And I have no money. 

I might sell a kidney to get everything I want 😂😂😂😂😂, I'm already behind in released stuff lol

Just tell me where you sell it so I can sell mine too 😂

Astral Chain - I fell in love instantly, it looks amazing 

Marvel - I also prefer DC but it's gonna be must buy for me. Koei is one of the developers so I'm hyped. 

Super Mario Maker 2 - never played the first one but I wanted a port but a new game looks better, right? I don't think I'm gonna make to much levels too. 

Dragon Quest 11 - man that looked gorgeous. Never played any DQ before. I might try this one. 

Fire Emblem - the story looks inspired in the Romance of Three Kingdoms. Looks interesting but probably buy at sale because I suck at SRPGs. 

Zelda - it looks awesome, but I hope it's not a 60 bucks game. 

The rest of games are ok, some looks interesting but I can't play all of them. 

Koei

They're also helping with Fire Emblem. 

Dragon Quest 11 - man that looked gorgeous. Never played any DQ before. I might try this one. 

Builders has an eshop demo, completely different game play but it might give you a taste of the type of story etc. 

Zelda - it looks awesome, but I hope it's not a 60 bucks game. 

I agree

Alot the games I want a month's away but I'm that excited for them I don't really care tbh, plus it gives me time to catch up on stuff I've missed. 

12 minutes ago, zaangie said:

DQ builders doesn't appeal to me. It looks like minecraft xD

That’s what I thought. Then I tried it and fel in love!

Didn't know Koei was helping with Fire Emblem, that's interesting. 

DQ builders doesn't appeal to me. It looks like minecraft xD

It's surprising but was revealed yesterday in the direct copyright

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-is-co-developed-by-koei-tecmo/

Builders looks like Minecraft and in some ways it is Minecraft but the combat is alot better and it's all story driven with a purpose. I'd recommend checking the demo out as I think it'll surprise you

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

That’s what I thought. Then I tried it and fel in love!

Then you can be like Nuc who's hoping for a price drop now the sequel has been revealed lol. I'd be all over Builders 2 if it wasn't so close to FE, I'll now likely get to Builders after 11 as I won't wanna play those three and Pokemon back to back. 

Just played Yoshi. I enjoyed that. A bit childish, yes, but that’s what I love about Ninty. These games are childish, yet inventive and more challenging than you think.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just played Yoshi. I enjoyed that. A bit childish, yes, but that’s what I love about Ninty. These games are childish, yet inventive and more challenging than you think.

Yeah I played it this morning too. I enjoyed it but as you say, it’s a bit childish. I like childish, but it was slightly too childish. I’d get it, but at a sale price. I’d no way pay the £40+ price tag it’ll be released at.

It was beautifully made though! The world in the demo looked stunning

Nothing wrong with a laid back platformer but it's the stop start pace of the game that I find dull, or with the first anyway as I've not tried the demo yet. They're beautiful games and they're fun but it lacks that spark, it's why I'm not a Kirby fan tbh.