Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Once you beat the main game (defeat the final boss) the percentage counted is on the map screen as Ashez said. 

I think I was on like 33% and I’ve only got a handful of sidequests left to do. As Ash said, a massive chunk of the percentage is tied to one certain collectible, 72% is the exact number actually ;) 

I’ve just done some research, sidequests and main story missions don’t count towards the 100% completion. So I’ve also done some quick maths and it’s possible to complete this game with a minimum percentage of 0.32%

EA39BF8D-0686-4BC1-8444-B3E9A668E9F3.gif.516d6c2b95ad5776745a2c2b801f9637.gif

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

0.32?!? You going to give it a speedrun then?

Doubt I’ll be good enough to beat the final boss with only three hearts tbh 😂 

25 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Once you beat the main game (defeat the final boss) the percentage counted is on the map screen as Ashez said. 

I think I was on like 33% and I’ve only got a handful of sidequests left to do. As Ash said, a massive chunk of the percentage is tied to one certain collectible, 72% is the exact number actually ;) 

Is upgrading armour apart of the percentage? It was that grinding that pushed me into moving on as the amount of farming is ridiculous lol. 

It's a game I'd love to 100%, finding all the shrines was a fun time sink but screw those seeds lol. 

Just now, Ashez said:

Is upgrading armour apart of the percentage? It was that grinding that pushed me into moving on as the amount of farming is ridiculous lol. 

It's a game I'd love to 100%, finding all the shrines was a fun time sink but screw those seeds lol. 

Nope. 

Here’s the 100% checklist, I’ll stick it in a spoiler incase Rob doesn’t want to see it

Spoiler

4x Divine Beasts (0.08% each) 0.32%

120x Shrines (0.08% each) 9.60%

226x locations (0.08/0.09% each) 18.08%

900 korok seeds (0.08% each) 72%

Total - 100%

So minimum percentage would be a little more than 0.32% actually:-

4 shrines on great plateau - 0.32%

+ any locations you visit on the way to final boss. So if you travel to hyrule castle as the crow flies it’s possible to beat the game in under 1% imo 😂 Mental!

33 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nope. 

Here’s the 100% checklist, I’ll stick it in a spoiler incase Rob doesn’t want to see it

Hide contents

4x Divine Beasts (0.08% each) 0.32%

120x Shrines (0.08% each) 9.60%

226x locations (0.08/0.09% each) 18.08%

900 korok seeds (0.08% each) 72%

Total - 100%

So minimum percentage would be a little more than 0.32% actually:-

4 shrines on great plateau - 0.32%

+ any locations you visit on the way to final boss. So if you travel to hyrule castle as the crow flies it’s possible to beat the game in under 1% imo 😂 Mental!

That's wild.....Yeah that was intentional lol. 

Spoiler

I've done 1+2

Likely done 3 as I went everywhere lol. 

4 is daunting as all hell. I know I didn't get many at all on my playthrough, once the upgrade amount got stupid high for each pocket I stopped bothering. I've easily got under 200 i think, however I've also never played using the Korok mask (it was DLC). I'm tempted to jump in for a nose now lol. 100% the seeds is so pointless but the reward is spectacularly funny lol. I doubt I'll ever 100% this beast. 

50 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's wild.....Yeah that was intentional lol. 

Hide contents

I've done 1+2

Likely done 3 as I went everywhere lol. 

4 is daunting as all hell. I know I didn't get many at all on my playthrough, once the upgrade amount got stupid high for each pocket I stopped bothering. I've easily got under 200 i think, however I've also never played using the Korok mask (it was DLC). I'm tempted to jump in for a nose now lol. 100% the seeds is so pointless but the reward is spectacularly funny lol. I doubt I'll ever 100% this beast. 

Spoiler

I’ve also done 1+2 and like you, probably 3

korok seeds I have like 200 so around the same. I’ll get a screenshot of my stats when I’m next on the switch

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I now know who Santa Claus actually is and I’m out from the Great Plateux. I’m now even more overwhelmed 😭

Allow yourself to be overwhelmed, I think we all were lol. 

BOTW never intimidated me like games like Xenoblade tbf, I dunno why but I think it's because BOTW blew me away instantly and I just wanted to absorb all I could. Plus none RPG gameplay lol. 

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m not one to swear, so I’m not, but once you get down from the Plateux this game is MAHOOSIVE!

It’s beautiful!!

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m not one to swear, so I’m not, but once you get down from the Plateux this game is MAHOOSIVE!

Been anywhere exciting yet?

Done a couple of shrines. Got to the top of a tower near two cliff things. Did a bit of trading with some bloke. Got confused by a wind-based challenge in a shrine. Wandered around a lot. It’s...just...so...big.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Done a couple of shrines. Got to the top of a tower near two cliff things. Did a bit of trading with some bloke. Got confused by a wind-based challenge in a shrine. Wandered around a lot. It’s...just...so...big.

You went the same way as me! Dueling peaks was my first venture after the great plateau! :D 

You guys all said I’d do it, as everyone does it, but I find myself getting distracted all of the time! 

Did you follow the story mode to get there? 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

You guys all said I’d do it, as everyone does it, but I find myself getting distracted all of the time! 

I spent around ten hours or more in that region alone. It’s awesome, one of my favourite regions in the whole game. 

I didn’t follow the story really, I just saw two massive mountains facing each other and decided “yep, that’s the way I’m going” 😛

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think it pushes you towards there iirc, but I've not played that in 2 years lol. I loved the shrines, some were better than others but they were fun with so many solutions. 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just explore, allow yourself to stumble into the story, that's what I did. 

I basically went to the first village it pushes you towards, then I just explored for tens of hours. I found the starting point of a few story places but I walked away and came back later. 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

I spent around ten hours or more in that region alone. It’s awesome, one of my favourite regions in the whole game. 

I didn’t follow the story really, I just saw two massive mountains facing each other and decided “yep, that’s the way I’m going” 😛

Climbing those mountains was such an ace moment! 

I missed that first tower completely which messed me up as I didn't realise their purpose for longer than I'd like to admit lol. Once I knew their point I was obsessed with finding them and shrines. 

I think my main strategy is:

- Evade enemies;

- Fine a tower or shrine that I can use as a port in future; 

- Go back and kill everyone;

- Explore

I am assuming enemies don’t regenerate once killed? They didn’t seem to on the Plateux.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think my main strategy is:

- Evade enemies;

- Fine a tower or shrine that I can use as a port in future; 

- Go back and kill everyone;

- Explore

Similar to what I did in fairness.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I am assuming enemies don’t regenerate once killed? They didn’t seem to on the Plateux.

You still haven’t encountered a blood moon?! 😳 

Every blood moon all enemies, chests and basically everything regenerates. It’s the games way of not having a finite amount of resources. I’ve read somewhere that the chance of getting a blood moon depends on the amount/rank of enemies you’ve killed 

Just now, Ashez said:

That one blood moon side mission drove me crazy!

That was my final shrine!

are you even on about the shrine? Cant recall a side quest involving the blood moon

Just now, Nucleus said:

That was my final shrine!

are you even on about the shrine? Cant recall a side quest involving the blood moon

Maybe it was a shrine, I don't remember I just know you had to be in a certain place for a blood moon lol. Like I said I'm talking 2 years ago 😂

1 minute ago, Rob said:

I’m pleased we are all testing @Ashez‘ memory so much 😭

You are lucky @Nucleus has played it more recently lol. It's a big game to remember everything haha. Thankfully I have so many wonderful memories of that game :D. 

Two years on and I still love talking about it! 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Maybe it was a shrine, I don't remember I just know you had to be in a certain place for a blood moon lol. Like I said I'm talking 2 years ago 😂

Yeah it’s definitely the shrine you’re on about. That was the final one on my list. Getting a blood moon is random as hell and getting to the shrine pad in time was torture! I missed it like three times 😂

8 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah it’s definitely the shrine you’re on about. That was the final one on my list. Getting a blood moon is random as hell and getting to the shrine pad in time was torture! I missed it like three times 😂

The easy way is to spawn a moon, then revert to a previous save, go to the location and wait for the one you know is coming to come.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

The easy way is to spawn a moon, then revert to a previous save, go to the location and wait for the one you know is coming to come.

Reload 😛

Theres a guy by one of the stables that tells you which moon is going to be that night. It was a case of sleep till morning, ask him about the moon, if it’s blood moon great, if not, sleep till morning and repeat.