Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Just now, Nucleus said:

Reload πŸ˜›

Theres a guy by one of the stables that tells you which moon is going to be that night. It was a case of sleep till morning, ask him about the moon, if it’s blood moon great, if not, sleep till morning and repeat.Β 

I can't remember what method I used, I just remember my cousin telling me he reloaded it lol. A few those shrines were clever but a damn pain lol

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

It was the motion control ones that pissed me off. Nearly smashed my controller because of them a few times πŸ˜…

They were annoying, that early one with the ball maze 😠

They get really bloody clever though, I remember one where you had to build an electrical circuit and I cba to jump through the games hoops to move blocks of whatever so I threw spare swords down and they worked, it was so cool!Β 

On 08/03/2019 at 16:28, Ashez said:

Screenshot_2019-03-08-16-25-35.thumb.png.9539873ad5e579f55f45c7ed2a075251.png

What a daft sale on 2018! Should be dirt cheap so people try it and then hopefully get 2019 or 20. Wtf is paying Β£15 now for 2018? Especially with 2019 being Β£20? SI are jokers.Β 

I might have bit on 2018 for Β£5 as a taster but when they treat fans like this, especially considering the mess of FMM atm they can do one.

There are 100s of Indies I'd rather support than these clowns.Β 

Just seen it's on sale on steam for under Β£15

This Switch tax is an absolute joke.Β 

Screenshot_2019-03-14-22-42-45.thumb.png.4fdcfafef81e4986017c56890f93074d.png

2018 on sale is more expensive on Switch than 2019 on sale on PC!

28 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Is that SI’s fault or Nintendo’s? Every major title seems to be pricey on the switch πŸ˜•

Price is up to the developers iirc from a developer interview.Β 

Some titles will be more expensive, if physical it's typically because the carts cost more than discs and the eshop has to match retail to keep shops happy and stocking the games. Digitally only though is just plan shady πŸ˜›

Switch Tax -Β http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/feature_exploring_the_switch_tax_and_why_nintendo_was_right_to_use_game_cards

Check out @NintendoUK’s Tweet:

The demo comes with a 7 day internet pass so you can play even if you've used it or don't pay for the online

Edited by Ashez
23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never played Splatoon. Have you guys played it much?

I had the first and I enjoyed the single player campaign but my internet and interest failed to see me stick with the online which is it's main point.Β 

I think I played a little of the previous Splatoon 2 demo but I'm not sure tbh, it's worth checking out either way

I downloaded the Splatoon 2 demo and got an email for the online code, the online is a full trial so I've just jumped back into my Mario 3 save from the previous trial and downloaded that Tetris 99 game.Β 

For anyone who does the trail remember to go to your profile and cancel the automatic renewal unless you want the service anyway.Β 

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Is it one of those that you have to enter cash card to do?

I just signed into my Paypal, set it all up and then went to my settings to turn off the auto renewal.Β 

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

Agreed, a lot of great looking games

Cuphead, The Red Lantern, Pine (?) and that Zelda stood out the most to me, you?Β 

The trailer for The Red Lantern just pulled me in completely, the voice over and art is excellent as long as the gameplay is there.Β 

Anyone got on recommendations for the NES online before my pass expires?

Β 

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Anyone got on recommendations for the NES online before my pass eο»Ώxpires?

Β 

One of the older Zelda games πŸ˜› link to the past on there?

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

One of the older Zelda games πŸ˜› link to the past on there?

That's SNES πŸ˜›

If I had access to SNES games I'd buy the online! Unfortunately NES games suck.

My first experience of gaming was with the NES and I had a lot of fun at the time but I have a feeling a lot of the games will be rather frustrating as they were short and often really hard and without any save game available. I played all the Mario games (obviously), a good few of the Mega Man series of which I think the earlier ones were the better ones but I may be wrong. DuckΒ Tales was another favourite but probably shit if played now. We had a man that came from Alnwick in a van who rented videos and he also had games and we’d hire them and if they were good we’d just keep paying him every week to keep them longer. I enjoyed Darkwing Duck and think it was almost identical to one of the Mega Man games. Paper boy was another good one and I can probably think of more. They are probably crap now but they bring back memories. I’ll try and think of more that I played.

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

Cuphead, The Red Lantern, Pine (?) and that Zelda stood out the most to me, you?Β 

The trailer for The Red Lantern just pulled me in completely, the voice over and art is excellent as long as the gameplay is there.Β 

Anyone got on recommendations for the NES online before my pass expires?

Β 

Cuphead, Katana Zero and other that looks similar and Banana's PedroΒ 

10 hours ago, 1759 said:

My first experience of gaming was with the NES and I had a lot of fun at the time but I have a feeling a lot of the games will be rather frustrating as they were short and often really hard and without any save game available. I played all the Mario games (obviously), a good few of the Mega Man series of which I think the earlier ones were the better ones but I may be wrong. DuckΒ Tales was another favourite but probably shit if played now. We had a man that came from Alnwick in a van who rented videos and he also had games and we’d hire them and if they were good we’d just keep paying him every week to keep them longer. I enjoyed Darkwing Duck and think it was almost identical to one of the Mega Man games. Paper boy was another good one and I can probably think of more. They are probably crap now but they bring back memories. I’ll try and think of more that I played.

There are now remasters of Duck Tails lol

I've never played Megaman but it's one I want to get to

Unfortunately though the Switch selection is pretty small

Screenshot_2019-03-20-23-14-03.thumb.png.28e31643b9b1c5fc7ffcccfe03910763.png

How you started your comment are my views though as I don't think NES games hold up, the SNES was a giant leap forward.Β 

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Cuphead, Katana Zero and other that looks similar and Banana's PedroΒ 

Yeah Katana looked interesting actually but the Pedro one done nothing for me lol

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

How you started your comment are my views though as I don't think NES games hold up, the SNES was a giant leap forward.Β 

Yeah I think it would be a good nostalgia trip for me to play some of the NES games again but I think it would only lastΒ about half an hour before I got tired of it. Well apart from Mario 3 which I could see myself proper enjoying again. I had the GBA classic version of itΒ for my DS but I gave my DS away over a year ago with all my games and I wish I didn’t now tbh.

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

Yeah I think it would be a good nostalgia trip for me to play some of the NES games again but I think it would only lastΒ about half an hour before I got tired of it. Well apart from Mario 3 which I could see myself proper enjoying again. I had the GBA classic version of itΒ for my DS but I gave my DS away over a year ago with all my games and I wish I didn’t now tbh.

I beat Mario 3 for the first time last night, admittedly I did use save states to make the experience more streamlined though. It's a good game but the amount of puzzle levels really surprised me, I enjoyed it but nowhere near as much as I love Super Mario World.Β 

I've had that GBA version of Mario 3 since I was a kid and I could never get into it, I remember I bought it on holiday with my cousin, he got Mario World and I got 3 and I was gutted about it. Back in those days we weren't clued up enough to know they were remakes, and we both grew up loving World so he fluked that and I never got over the disappointment of getting 3. We both thought we were getting new GBA Mario games (As they're called on gba) so it wasn't until we turned them on we discovered that he had a remake of World. Childishly I think that might be one reason I dislike 3 lmao.Β 

17 minutes ago, 1759 said:

God’s sake not you as well!!

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I beat Mario 3 for the first time last night, admittedly I did use save states to make the experience more streamlined though. It's a good game but the amount of puzzle levels really surprised me, I enjoyed it but nowhere near as much as I love Super Mario World.Β 

I've had that GBA version of Mario 3 since I was a kid and I could never get into it, I remember I bought it on holiday with my cousin, he got Mario World and I got 3 and I was gutted about it. Back in those days we weren't clued up enough to know they were remakes, and we both grew up loving World so he fluked that and I never got over the disappointment of getting 3. We both thought we were getting new GBA Mario games (As they're called on gba) so it wasn't until we turned them on we discovered that he had a remake of World. Childishly I think that might be one reason I dislike 3 lmao.Β 

Yeah World was much better. I played the the remakes of both on GBA but not loads and I would love to play the originals again but don’t have meansΒ to atm. I suppose I would probably have to emulate them and even that wouldn’t be the same. I do have a PSP that is just gatheringΒ dust and I know that can be made to play the emulators but can’t say I’m very keen on doing it tbh. I may get a switch for my birthday though as I’ve been thinking about it for a while but we’ll have to see.

41 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah World was much better. I played the the remakes of both on GBA but not loads and I would love to play the originals again but don’t have meansΒ to atm. I suppose I would probably have to emulate them and even that wouldn’t be the same. I do have a PSP that is just gatheringΒ dust and I know that can be made to play the emulators but can’t say I’m very keen on doing it tbh. I may get a switch for my birthday though as I’ve been thinking about it for a while but we’ll have to see.

Deffo get a Switch. Odyssey, Kart, and BOTW. Job done. See you in three years.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

How you getting on actually?Β 

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

How you getting on actually?Β 

Been not feeling well all week so not really played BOTW much. I’ve got next week off on leave so I’ll be playing when child sleeps!

(I can’t wait until he is old enough to game!)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

God’s sake not you as well!!

It's like you don't have an Nintendo history!

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

The remake of World is the one I'm missing as I have 2+3, I hate Mario 2 and I've already spoken about the third lol. Yoshi's island is the one I've not played yet, yet another reason why the Switch needs SNES games.Β 

I went through a period of playing emulators on my PSP for Pokemon fan games, it's good but not the true experience.Β 

I love the Switch, it's an excellent bit of kit with too many awesome games but it depends what you'd play.Β 

39 minutes ago, Rob said:

That's just the tip πŸ˜‚. Those three games are killed apps though for sure!Β 

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

Been not feeling well all week so not really played BOTW much. I’ve got next week off on leave so I’ll be playing when child sleeps!

(I can’t wait until he is old enough to game!)

Hope you feel better and keep us in the loop!Β 

I've not played it but I have brought BOTW back down stairs but the online trail distracted me lol