Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

46 minutes ago, Rob said:

The bit with the kid in the bag did make me proper laugh.

Not gonna lie that did crack me up haha. 

What I've Been Playing

April 2019 

With a bank holiday, the missus being away and FMM still sucking April turned out to be another decent month. While I didn't get to many new titles or big adventures I did manage alot of clean up which is always a bonus. 

Switch

The Way Remastered - First things first for 90p this game is a bloody steal! Seriously if it hits that price again buy it (it's on sale now!!!) Anyway the game is a story driven puzzle platformer with okay platforming as while lenient it can be a little finicky at times. Regardless that's a very small nit pick for an adventure that's visually lovely with excellent sound design and some voice acting to set the mood and a story that's really sad and engaging, in fact I don't even want to discuss the story too much as I don't want to ruin it (or over sell it). In basic terms the game starts with you having to steal a space ship and then you explore the planet you land on, you have a pistol/abilities to deal with enemies and you'll find various puzzles blocking your way. Thankfully I never found the puzzles that frustrating, sure a few stumped me (with three being infuriating which I looked up) but most were fun. You die to fall damage and in one hit however so you'll likely die alot which isn't an issue as you instantly respawn in the same area, once or twice I was annoyed to respawn right before a difficult section I'd already beaten but it's not much of an issue at all. The game is also a decent length clocking in at around 7-10 hours depending on how you get on with the puzzles so for 90p I'd highly recommend it, it can be a little tedious at times but all in all I really enjoyed it. @topline

Super Mario Party - I forced and I mean forced my brother to beat the last boat stage with me which thankfully didn't take long, the mini games in this mode suck ass and it's just so boring. Anyway with that I got the last gem and the credits rolled, a charming cut scene unlocked but unfortunately that was it for my efforts. All in all I really like the game for family play but the boards are crappy, I'm still surprised no more have been released as yet tbh. I suppose with that this is the last time I'll mention this title unless any cool updates are coming down the road but I'll continue to play it as the family loves it, I'm actually surprised by how much play time we've gotten out of it. 

Tetris 99/DS/PPT - I beat my previous best of 24th in Tetris 99 by getting 19th which I beat by getting 13th. Once I beat 19th on that run I panicked and it all fell apart, I just attempted to stall to get as high as possible 😂. A few days later I hit 12th and just missed out on the top ten as I collapsed under the pressure lol. It gets better though as to my complete amazement I managed to crack the top 10 by finishing 7th!! I never thought I'd hit 12th again never mind beat it and nearly break the top 5 but damn! I've actually also been practicing my Tetris skills in single player games like Tetris DS and the Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch demo, tbf that demo is awesome as it has single player and multiplayer modes so I have no idea why you'd buy the game, the demo is just too generous! 

BOTW - My love for this game......It completely sucked me back in! Anyway I popped back into this world to do some clean up and attempt to grind towards finishing the side quests....Which I did! My save file now has 20/20 main quests, 42/42 shrine quests, 90/90 side quests and all the memories. As I've also done all 120 shrines this is this save file done with in my eyes as I have no interest in the photo album stuff or the seeds. This leaves me sitting on a completion rating of 31.21% lmao, unfortunately 33%+ (67% are seeds) is what I was aiming for but it appears I've missed a few map locations during my 130 odd hours in this game and screw looking for them! The main tasks I had to do to get to this point were to finish the side quests I'd found but not done yet which was followed by using a guide to find the ones I missed previously, I'll admit I did use the guide a decent amount though as i was in no mood to aimlessly wonder around to find the few I missed or to find random items and so on. The most daunting part of this clean up was the Sword Trials DLC but it wasn't as difficult as I was led to believe (cough @Nucleus cough), it's a real bloody good challenge tbh and I really enjoyed it. As for BOTW? Yeah it's without a doubt my favourite game of all time and I really don't know what will ever replace it, it's just perfection. 

Steamworld Dig 2 - Speaking of clean up while I was in the mood I decided to return to Steamworld Dig 2, I guess Image and Form's newest game releasing inspired me to go back to their previous title. I'll be getting their new game physically for sure though once it's announced as they're my favourite indie developer. Anyway I beat this ages ago but I didn't bother with all the secrets then as I had too much other stuff I wanted to play, I got around half of them though so on this session I just swept the map a few times to grab as many as I could find and once that stopped being fun I just used a guide to grab the last few. I managed to find most without the guide though thankfully, especially after I unlocked a few items which made finding them easier. Once you find 100% of the secrets you unlock a challenge mode but I'm not sure if it's something I'll bother with or not tbh, it was a nice surprise and I love the game but I've always thought the developers rate the platforming/controls higher than they actually are so I'm unsure if this is something I want to deal with or not. I had a quick go and the awkwardness of an early jump was just frying my brain and I assume it'll only get more difficult/annoying, I spent 15 minutes trying to do two jumps with no consistency or anything to motivate me to try and finish it. The reward for completion is also nothing of note which makes it less appealing, if it unlocked Rusty as a playable character I'd give it a bash but I dunno if it's worth it just for a trophy. 

Demo's

BoxBoy+BoxGirl - I've played this series before on the 3DS with those games being pretty good all things considered, the series sees you play as a cube and you platform and solve puzzles by multiplying blocks to make jumps and press buttons, tbf I remember the 3DS game getting pretty inventive and tough towards the end. The demo for the new Switch release has 8 levels and takes around ten minutes to finishes but it also has a co-op mode I didn't try out. I've added it to my watch list and I'd say it's worth checking out, design wise it's so simple yet once again Nintendo manage to pull it off and deliver a satisfying experience.  

Uno - My brother downloaded this demo as we've spent many a hour playing Uno physically and he was intrigued I assume, but man what a dull game with stupidly long load times. There is no 2 player mode on the demo which makes sense so we played a round each, laughed at how dull it was and moved on. Like who'd buy this when the physical card game is cheap and fun? The mind boggles. I actually enjoy half heartedly collecting bootleg Uno sets, they're everywhere at most holiday resorts I've found with my Pokemon and Dark Knight sets being my favourite.

3DS 

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - Don't worry I've not jumped into yet another Pokemon adventure but I did return to ORAS with one goal in mind. I've mentioned a few times I've got a living dex across my copies of Moon and Ultra Sun (missing one Pokemon atm) but one aspect I'd previously never bothered with are Unown. For those that are unaware Unown come in 28 forms being A-Z, ! and ? which I'd never previously bothered to collect, mainly because I thought it had to be done on Fire Red or SS/HG which would mean transferring them over would be a right pain. Anyway I recently discovered you can get them easily in ORAS in a special cave where each one has a 1/28 chance to spawn so I gave it a whirl, including set up the process took one hour and 29 minutes on the dot to get them all! I can't knock that at all and another section of my living dex is now complete! Bring on Sword and Shield!

Game Of The Year

New Releases

1. Tetris 99

First Time Played This Year

1. Super Mario Party
2. Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
3. The Way Remastered
4. Batman The Brave & The Bold
5. Crash Bandicoot XS

Recent Pick Ups

The month started excellently as I won a give away on Twitter for $10 on the US Eshop which I've not spent as yet, instead of wasting it I've decided to save it for a game I really want to play. Adding to it is an unneeded hassle since it's the US shop so it's just a matter of waiting for the right sale to catch my eye but I've got a decent lists of games I'm waiting to hit that price point. 

Gold point wise I had 30p expiring this month and 40p expiring next month so I combined the two for

Toby The Secret Mine - This was the best looking cheap game available (79p) considering I already had The Way Remastered and it caught my eye as it's clearly Limbo inspired. I've actually never played Limbo but visually it's always stood out with its bold design and it was so unique when it launched. Anyway Toby also looks to be a puzzle platformer with a short 2-3 hour length so I look forward to giving it a play through. 

As for physical games I picked up I again decided there was no point buying any Switch titles and local shops led to nothing older but I did grab something after a few frustrating eBay fails on other titles. 

LOTRs The Third Age - GBA - £3.50 - I have the console version on the GameCube which is a typical JRPG (which I've not played) but I recently discovered the GBA port is a SRPG similar to Fire Emblem. As I adore Middle Earth and the Fire Emblem gameplay the title instantly shot to the top of my most wanted list, it took some time but I've finally got a cheap copy in really good condition (cart only) so I'm happy. I paid £2 + £1.50 postage and it usually sells for closer to £8 (Ebay) so I got a deal on a game I'm excited about. Review wise the response seems mixed as some are really positive, some are middling and some hated it so we'll see how I get on with it. 

With May now being here my main goals are to finally jump into Starlink as the update is out while I'm also currently debating playing TLOZ Spirit Tracks. I've never played Spirit Tracks but I recently spoke about beating Phantom Hourglass for the first time, the main appeal of playing it now is my favourite podcast (Radio Free Nintendo) are doing a retrospective on it so it could be fun. I've also collected a nice collection of Switch indie games from these sales which I might get to but we'll see.

It's happening!!!!!!

Screenshot_2019-05-06-17-13-44.thumb.png.b38c6ca6eeb44a0ccdabd28f1e21929d.png

Why not the trilogy? Will it be physical? Ahhh I'm so hyped 😂😂😂

The DMC Trilogy and The Arkham collection are my port NEEDS! Then I can screw off the 360

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's happening!!!!!!

The DMC Trilogy and The Arkham collection are my port NEEDS! Then I can screw off the 360

It will be the trilogy surely!

If it was you'd think they'd say so, it makes no sense either way though! It best be bloody priced accordingly if it is by itself. The 3 together are £25 on PlayStation store (currently on sale for £15) so I doubt it'll be fairly priced :(. 

If it's digital only I'll be in a right spot lol, one my favourite games portable is amazing and I'd want to support it to get the rest, however surely if a collection comes it'll also be physical? Not gonna lie a physical switch HD collection makes me foam at the mouth 😛

I adore DMC3 

May be it'll be like Okami with Japan getting it physical

Oh, just thought of those Dante in Smash rumours, now he's on Nintendo systems 😮

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The 3 together are £25 on PlayStation store (currently on sale for £15

So you’re looking at about £64.99 on the switch 😂

I'd expect 20-30 tbh. Okami is around £20 but then again I think some the Resident Evil ones are £30+. Capcom always come so close to giving us want we want :(

Just seen Okami is on sale for £12, that's a bargain! I paid £33 (imported Japanese copy) and loved it. Zelda with a solid story and amazing visuals. 

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I did debate this the other day

I'd recommend it but it goes on sale fairly often 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's happening!!!!!!

Yeah, it's just the first one for some reason. It's a no for me tho, too many games on my list 🤣

4 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Yeah, it's just the first one for some reason. It's a no for me tho, too many games on my list 🤣

Such an odd decision, especially with the trilogy done in HD done. Actually that doesn't even state it is the HD version?!?!?! Might just be the PS2 original? Surely not?

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

Such an odd decision, especially with the trilogy done in HD done. Actually that doesn't even state it is the HD version?!?!?! Might just be the PS2 original? Surely not?

If it's not HD then it's gonna look awful 

31 minutes ago, zaangie said:

If it's not HD then it's gonna look awful 

Agreed, I'm sure it will be but that reveal does leave the question. 

Hopefully next week they announce the second, week after the third and then a physical release lol.Yeah I have all three on the PS2 and 360 but those aren't portable 😂

The main reason I really want the Arkham series on Switch is because I adore the first two and 100%'d them, I loved the challenge maps which I've wanted to replay for ages so a Switch port would be an immense reason to. For what it's worth I enjoy Origins as well, Blackgate is so close to being awesome but falls massively short and Knight/Tank Simulator is crap. 

16 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez I only played Arkham Knight, it was amazing. 

For me Knight is the worst of the core 3, it's still decent but nowhere near as good as the previous two. The story was predictable and I hated everything the batmobile brought to the series, the tank battles were so dull and too frequent. 

City, Asylum, Origins, Knight and Blackgate would be my order. 

Blackgate is likely the most disappointing though as it had so much potential it just missed the mark, one min it would click and feel awesome, the next it would fall apart and be awful. The boss battles were really neat though, Blackgate is basically a poor 2D Metroidvania where they tried to implement the Arkham combat and it was just messy. Any time I think of a game that never reached it's potential I think of that, it could have been an awesome 2D series but in the end it took alot for me to even finish it. 

I just want to apologise because unfortunately allegations have came out against a popular YouTuber by the name of Projared. I'm apologising because I've suggested his content to many friends, family and people here before as I find him entertaining but obviously I didn't know his secrets. Some of the allegations I can see passed but some I have real issues with, I'm extremely disappointed tbh. When similar stuff happened in the Pokemon community recently I was lucky that I didn't like anyone involved as they all felt off to me but this one has blind sided me a tad, I knew Jared was odd but I didn't imagine this odd. I don't watch much of the NormalBoots stuff but it'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds now. 

Anyway I just wanted to say that as I felt it was warranted, especially after I've pushed a few of his series' here. 

On 09/05/2019 at 12:39, Ashez said:

I just want to apologise because unfortunately allegations have came out against a popular YouTuber by the name of Projared. I'm apologising because I've suggested his content to many friends, family and people here before as I find him entertaining but obviously I didn't know his secrets. Some of the allegations I can see passed but some I have real issues with, I'm extremely disappointed tbh. When similar stuff happened in the Pokemon community recently I was lucky that I didn't like anyone involved as they all felt off to me but this one has blind sided me a tad, I knew Jared was odd but I didn't imagine this odd. I don't watch much of the NormalBoots stuff but it'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds now. 

Anyway I just wanted to say that as I felt it was warranted, especially after I've pushed a few of his series' here. 

What happened? 

7 hours ago, zaangie said:

What happened? 

https://kotaku.com/youtuber-projared-accused-of-sexually-soliciting-fans-1834650673

Long story short he cheated on his wife with his mates missus and others by the looks of it which led to the discovery of him begging for adult photos from fans, with some being underage and it just gets dark fast. He's basically been running nude sharing shit, like seriously don't search him on Twitter as pictures he's sent out are every but there is tonnes of evidence on Twitter which portrays him in an extremely bad way. Even all his friends have turned their backs on him in disgust, last time I'd looked he's lost over 100k subscribers in a day and all his collaboration videos on other channels have been removed. 

I hoped we'd get a Direct before E3 and we are, unfortunately it's a Mario Maker 2 one 

Hopefully this means MM2 won't dominate E3 like Smash did last year though. 

DMC update 

1. It's digital only 😠

2. It is the PS4 HD version from the HD collection 

3. No plans for 2+3 which I assume also means 4+5 

Wtf isn't this the bloody collection, oh I'm annoyed. @zaangie