Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

3 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Even botw 2 wasn't a surprise

Maybe so, but that doesn’t make it a disappointment surely? That trailer had my mind blown!

There were rumours the Xenoblade team were doing Zelda but I never expected to see it this soon tbf. It sucks the Banjo stuff leaked as that would have been massive if it was a true shock. 

Judging by rumours we'll have new console news soon. 

Tbf Nintendo very rarely shoot too far ahead as they have directs every few months, these usually cover us until Xmas and we'll get another in a few months so it was what I expected. Banjo and BOTW2 likely would have blown any other announcements out the water and after the Metroid Prime 4 mess I'm surprised they're announcing anything super early. 

I love the Tree House stuff though, it's such a neat idea. 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Maybe so, but that doesn’t make it a disappointment surely? That trailer had my mind blown!

Sure the game itself its not disappointment. That wasn't my point. The game won't be released soon. Probably won't be released before E3 next year. And that doesn't satisfy me. I don't like when a company announce a game in an E3 event and then show it again next year. 

10 hours ago, zaangie said:

Sure the game itself its not disappointment. That wasn't my point. The game won't be released soon. Probably won't be released before E3 next year. And that doesn't satisfy me. I don't like when a company announce a game in an E3 event and then show it again next year. 

That's fair but I'm always happy with a tease, especially for BOTW 2 lol.

I didn't expect many surprises tbf as I think most of until Xmas was covered 

July - FE

August - Astral Chain 

September - I expected DQ11 but it's also got Links Awakening and that Mech game has been sent out to die here. 

October - Surely Luigi will land here for Halloween

November - Pokemon

December - I expected Links Awakening or Animal Crossing here but do we have a December game yet?

Just watched the DQXIs and FE Treehouse segments and they both look awesome, seeing gameplay of the battles made me ease up on FE but I'm still unsure on all the fluff around it. 

Just now, zaangie said:

I'm gonna buy that voucher thing and choosing Marvel 3 and Astral Chain or Fire Emblem. I can't decide between these two. 

What’s the voucher thing? I missed that lol 

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

What’s the voucher thing? I missed that lol 

If you have online service you can buy 2 vouchers for 99€. Each voucher you can use to buy 1 game for a certain list. If you choose 60€ games you'll save 20€.

50 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I'm gonna buy that voucher thing and choosing Marvel 3 and Astral Chain or Fire Emblem. I can't decide between these two. 

Still unsure what I make of Astral Chain so I'm gunna watch the Tree House stuff soon. 

34 minutes ago, zaangie said:

If you have online service you can buy 2 vouchers for 99€. Each voucher you can use to buy 1 game for a certain list. If you choose 60€ games you'll save 20€.

Here you can get most physical for £40-44 so it's not as tempting. I'd rather physical anyway, I got two WiiU games digital during their big promotion and I regret it now wanting the physical copies and typically they're Zelda WW and Mario 3D World which held their value. 

I haven't looked at the UK sale yet but I'm keeping my eyes on the US one due to my voucher. I'm likely to get Blossom Tales ($9.99 Zelda clone) I think unless I can make the $10 go further on a few games I want. 

I also prefer physical but I got a 128gb card I want to give it some use. If I can get the games cheaper digitally I'll buy it. 

15 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez here the Nintendo AAA games costs 60€. Pre-orders are 50,99 + shipping. So the vouchers are good if you wanna save some. 

Thankfully Amazon undercut the Eshop a decent amount here, Game are typically closer to Eshop prices though. 

11 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I also prefer physical but I got a 128gb card I want to give it some use. If I can get the games cheaper digitally I'll buy it. 

I got a big SD card as well when I got the Switch but I only ever intended it for the odd indie game. I got it mainly because I ended up needing a hard drive for my WiiU. 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Cuphead at £14 is tempting

That's a tempting price tbf, think I'd rather pay more for physical though 😂. I hate my mentality some times. 

I actually bought Warriors Orochi 4 in a UK store called The Gaming Collection. With shipping it was 44 euros. Eshop price in here? 70!!! Dear God. And only one store sold that game and it was 55+shipping. I need to check that UK store again to see Marvel price and Fire Emblem. CTR were 2 euros expensive so I ordered in here. 

I've seen that site but never used it, unfortunately I don't know which offer international shipping so I can't suggest any really. I typically use Amazon or 365Games which both seem good price wise for what I look at. 365Games ships to Portugal for £2.99 according to the website. 

So

Marvel £45 

FE £43 

+ Shipping of £2.99. 

I've had no issues with the site but obviously I've not used them internationally and I assume you could be hit by import fees and taxes which can be pricey. I've only imported from Gamestop Ireland and Amazon US but I paid the fees on ordering. 

Thanks for the info. I just checked The Game Collection:

Marvel is 39,95

FE is 38,95

Astral Chain is 38,95

Shipping it's 2 per item. 

So, converting this to euro and if I buy Marvel + FE/Astral Chain it's 93,20€. It's cheaper than the vouchers plus it's physical 😁

I don't pay taxes until Brexit comes in. Only pay like 1€ for currency converter and credit card taxes. Guess that after Brexit I'll try this vouchers thing.

8 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Thanks for the info. I just checked The Game Collection:

Marvel is 39,95

FE is 38,95

Astral Chain is 38,95

Shipping it's 2 per item. 

So, converting this to euro and if I buy Marvel + FE/Astral Chain it's 93,20€. It's cheaper than the vouchers plus it's physical 😁

I don't pay taxes until Brexit comes in. Only pay like 1€ for currency converter and credit card taxes. Guess that after Brexit I'll try this vouchers thing.

No worries :)

Yeah I dunno how taxes and all that work outside of England but I thought I'd best mention them just in case lol. Our fees are a joke tbf. 

Screenshot_2019-06-13-22-21-01.thumb.png.dc58a37ed6a35318ac49f98a0a41d838.png

£9 postage and fees from America. Typically I'll try find any imports I want already in England. 

Looking at my US wishlist does anyone know if Yugioh is getting a European release in August? 

Yeah I'll keep an eye out. 

NBA 2K19 

UK Eshop sale - £24.65

US Eshop sale - £2.99

What's going on there lol. 

Right @Rob, @Nucleus and @zaangie 

Do I buy Golf Story or Blossom Tales? Both basically the same price and all my voucher but both are two of the games I was waiting for lol. I can't decide 😕

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I'll keep an eye out. 

NBA 2K19 

UK Eshop sale - £24.65

US Eshop sale - £2.99

What's going on there lol. 

Right @Rob, @Nucleus and @zaangie 

Do I buy Golf Story or Blossom Tales? Both basically the same price and all my voucher but both are two of the games I was waiting for lol. I can't decide 😕

Probably because basketball is a bigger sport over there? I can’t think of any other reason 😂

As for the two games, no idea 🙃

15 hours ago, zaangie said:

What the hell 😂

Don't know anything about blossom tales. I read great things about golf story tho. 

7 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Probably because basketball is a bigger sport over there? I can’t think of any other reason 😂

As for the two games, no idea 🙃

I wish I had an interest in NBA for $3 😂

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Mate, just treat yourself to both!

Too much to play as is to add two more 😂 

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Has to be Golf Story with your love for the sport.

I am currently leaning towards Golf Story as that doesn't go on sale as often tbh. I'm also more interested in unique experiences and Blossom Tales appears good but a straight ALTTP clone. It also helps that Gold Story was a limited run physical release so I'll never own that now.