Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Decided against Golf Story or Blossom Tales after looking into them more, 33% off just isn't tempting enough 😛. Blossom Tales had very mixed reviews with some loving it and others claiming it was boring as too much of a clone of ALTTP. Golf Story just didn't appeal as much as I thought, it was an early eshop title that blew up but now with all the options available I just didn't see it as that appealing. 

I did get something though as after tempting me for ages and after debating it all week I gave in and got Crypt Of The Necrodancer which was $4 at 90% off! It's always looked cool but I stayed away as I think I'll suck at it but for $4 it's worth the risk, especially with the new Zelda version released. If I like this I'll be more likely to risk the £25 on the Zelda one which looks really cool. Every review of this I read was like 9/10 so I'm excited to try it out. 

That leaves my US account with $6.01 + 0.20 gold coins so hopefully I can find a use for that in the coming months lol. 

@Nucleus I think this might be one you want to look into, I'm pretty hype for it as it stands 

8 hours ago, zaangie said:

Who's Nick? Is that you @Nucleus? How good is FFX remaster? It's on my list and wanted to buy in a sale. 

That’s me. It’s brilliant! 80 hours in and I haven’t touched X-2 yet 😂 Loved this game when it was first released and fell in love again this time around

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

I guess I have to buy it 😂 it was the only FF that I liked to play. Spent countless hours playing blitzball lmao 

I spent so much time on blitzball back in the day! This time I’m just finishing off the monster arena which I’ve never finished. It unlocks a few extra bosses too so I’m all for that to be honest. I think it’s still cheaper physical on Amazon than it is on the eshop 

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

Depending on price I may pick up Dr Mario for a bit of casual fun 

Free to play with the typical mobile garbage mate, thankfully Nintendo titles haven't been that greedy from what I've seen compared to others. 

55 minutes ago, Rob said:

I will definitely grab it if it’s free.

So has the Zelda reveal made any of you dig BOTW back out?

I think myself and Ashez are fully completed on BOTW. I’ve done all the quests and everything inbetween anyway. The only thing I didn’t finish is the 900 odd seeds, but the reward for that isn’t worth the time tbh

@Rob is actually kinda right when it comes to me as while I've done everything in BOTW I have any intention of doing the other day the thought of starting a new save did cross my mind. I was debating a more streamlined playthrough or may be the master mode to check that out but I think playing on a harder difficulty would require more time investment shrine wise than I'd like to put into a second play through. @Aaron55 recently got the game so similar to when @Nucleusdid talking about it again has tickled my fancy but obviously this time I've already done everything. 

Maybe I'll start a new save later in the year in anticipation of BOTW 2 but I'll try not to do it soon lol. How far did you get Rob in the end? 

I got a bit in and then just lost time and fou it overwhelming. When winter kicks in I will probably buy it (I’ve given it back to my mate) and give it some time.

12 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I think myself and Ashez are fully completed on BOTW. I’ve done all the quests and everything inbetween anyway. The only thing I didn’t finish is the 900 odd seeds, but the reward for that isn’t worth the time tbh

Are you saying that a golden poop isn't worth it? 

31 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Are you saying that a golden poop isn't worth it? 

😂😂😂😂😂

I love what it is and the piss taking factor of it all but the seeds were the one thing I just didn't care for, especially having 900 of the things. I got like 70/900 iirc lol. 

Did you get Crash Racing @zaangie? Seen some pretty mixed views and awful online so far. 

I've also caught up with the Astral Chain Tree house and man that game looks interesting! DMC/Bayonetta like combat + Arkham like detective mode gets my attention! It's one I'd wait for reviews on though as it's got alot going on but it could be the sleeper hit of the year. The trailers made it look so busy and confusing but the tree house gave a much better picture of what the game is. 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Crash Racing 

I’ve just heard it’s hard as nails! Even on a lower difficulty setting lol

10 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve just heard it’s hard as nails! Even on a lower difficulty setting lol

From what I've seen/heard the rubber banding is horrendous. 

It does look alot more skill based and the drifting mechanic looks very unique but both make me think this might not be the casual family around MK8D rival I was hoping for. With it being skilled based I'm just not sure it's appeal would last especially As I'd be practicing alot more if I got it due to the single player stuff. 

Seen a few shouts that the Sonic racing game is actual better 😮

Crash looks stunning though

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

From what I've seen/heard the rubber banding is horrendous. 

It does look alot more skill based and the drifting mechanic looks very unique but both make me think this might not be the casual family around MK8D rival I was hoping for. With it being skilled based I'm just not sure it's appeal would last especially As I'd be practicing alot more if I got it due to the single player stuff. 

Seen a few shouts that the Sonic racing game is actual better 😮

Crash looks stunning though

Ive no interest in getting another kart racer tbh, why get one when MK8D is undoubtedly the best out there and I got that for free with the console lol

added 0 minutes later

That, and the fact I’ve hardly played multiplayer with anyone on the switch

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Ive no interest in getting another kart racer tbh, why get one when MK8D is undoubtedly the best out there and I got that for free with the console lol

added 0 minutes later

That, and the fact I’ve hardly played multiplayer with anyone on the switch

After 90 hours in MK8+MK8D a change of pace wouldn't be a bad thing but yeah I'm similar with kart racers. The main appeal here was people have always raved about CTR and I love Diddy Kong Racing so it looked interesting. Then again I got the Sonic racing game on the WiiU after being tired of MK8 and I basically never played it always picking to play MK8. 

Multiplayer games are never high on my agenda though as I just have no one to reliably play with lol, plus my gaming wants list is long enough as is.

Thanks now this will be in my head all day 

Oh I'd love a DKR HD remake! Can anyone say Diddy Kong Racing not like the announcer? Diddy Kong Raceee-ing

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Multiplayer games are never high on my agenda though as I just have no one to reliably play with lol,

Same here tbh. I prefer single player anyway. Won’t lose like that 😛

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Same here tbh. I prefer single player anyway. Won’t lose like that 😛

I've always been more a single player gamer but I think that cemented itself more due to the Wii/WiiU sucking so I played the DS/3DS as my main console which isn't really suited to multiplayer. 

I've had a blast playing multiplayer on the Switch but it's a rare event and my brothers are fussy with what they'll play. Online multiplayer has just never appealed to me, that one COD (MW3? Green case?) was the only online game I really got into. Online wise I'd rather extra content like levels in Mario Maker, stages in Smash or created characters than online multiplayer. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Diddy Kong Racing ❤️ 

Who'd you main? I was a Timber guy 😂

Absolutely loved the ice battle arena as a kid

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Who'd you main? I was a Timber guy 😂

I legit have no idea anymore, but I sure played the heck out of it on the 64. What a system, what a game.

On the topic of RARE, what’s the deal with Banjo appearing on Smash?

Edited by Rob
On 22/06/2019 at 16:14, Rob said:

I legit have no idea anymore, but I sure played the heck out of it on the 64. What a system, what a game.

On the topic of RARE, what’s the deal with Banjo appearing on Smash?

Sorry forgot to reply, I think the West got Banjo as he's been wanted since Melee/Brawl while Japan got the DQ hero. Still sucks Microsoft bought Rare :(

Anyway....I've just seen this 

Pokemon by the bloke that did the Castlevania Netflix show 😮

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

This is incredible @Nucleus

Holy shit that’s impressive! Some of those glitches he pulled off we’re mental. I’ve seen people use the stasis trick with boulders and trees before but I’ve never seen that enemy bounce glitch he did before! Is that the world record?

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Holy shit that’s impressive! Some of those glitches he pulled off we’re mental. I’ve seen people use the stasis trick with boulders and trees before but I’ve never seen that enemy bounce glitch he did before! Is that the world record?

Yeah that's the first BOTW run I've watched and it's just awesome lol. The bounce glitch is wild! 

No but close, a few mins slower

Screenshot_2019-06-30-16-07-42.thumb.png.8e0be05ad42b12029c2f5aa05f812154.png

What I've Been Playing

June 2019 

A Switch exclusive update this month! 

Switch

Starlink Battle For Atlus - Yes you're reading that correctly as I've finally got to the game! Before we get into the game however this is a toys for life experience since I got the physical edition so let's discuss the toys which came in the package.

Starlink Toys

Spoiler

The main reason for getting this game was due to it looking good but the Starfox content exclusive to the Switch version looked really cool, especially the toy Arwing which came in the package. I opened this month's ago and the spaceship has been sitting on my shelf next to the other Ubisoft figures from their Mario + Rabbids series. The figure itself is really freaking cool it has to be said as it's nicely detailed and a good size, the plastic used does feel a tad cheap but it's pretty solid with moveable parts. The package also comes with two guns and two pilots with one being Fox (more sold separately), these pilots are pretty small and kinda like something you'd get out of a capsule machine but again they're nice looking. The main gimmick of these toys is they can be taken apart in certain areas and connected with other toys in the series, for example you could remove the wings/guns and add wings/guns from another ship to this one, that's cool by itself but the real magic is these changes happen in real time in the game! The package comes with a special joycon holder where you slot the joycons in like normal, you then attach a pilot to a slot and then place the aircraft on top with the pilot fitting into the cockpit, it's just freaking cool. This does however make the controller pretty heavy and compact but I'm writing this before using it in the game so I'll cover how that all feels below. As for the toy line in isolation I really like it but that is mainly because it's a Star Fox set as I don't see myself picking up any of the other more generic packs available but as a one off this is neat, however some of the other pilots are cool and only £1.79 so if I like them in the game I might get their figure. The game completely bombed at retail and you can now get the physical set for £13ish which this toy ship is easily worth by itself. I think it's badass and my nephew and the missus's God son have both remarked on how ace it is when they've seen it on the shelf, it's one those nick nacks I just look at and smile every time which is all I want in my collection. 

Starlink The Game 

I've seriously struggled to write about Starlink as a game as it's really baffled me. When I'm playing it I'm loving every second even if it can get a little tedious however when I walk away from it and think about it my views are more mixed. It's a really bizarre and due to that I'm going to write about it in a different way going section by section.

Visuals - The main appeal of this title to me when it was first revealed was it looked absolutely stunning and I'm happy to report this is even truer in person. I've honestly stopped a few times to just take it all in as the planets are so vibrant and colourful it's just a joy to look at! I've spent hours just flying around and taking everything in while exploring what's around. The game has animated cut scenes for the story which are really well done and help immerse you into this world, I also rather like the character designs as i've found them pretty interesting and unique, especially the more alien type cast members and wild animals. All in all the visuals have really impressed me as the baddies look cool and intimidating, the character designs are solid and the environmental visuals are stunning. 

Audio  - All the characters are fully voice acted which is another way the game brings this world to life and for the most part the voices display what's needed from them. Admittedly some of the clips can get a tad tedious like when Fox says the same thing to basically every new outpost he finds but in general I'm a fan of the voices used. The music in the game is also good with some environmental sounds and some proper tense music used for boss battles, it all does the job but my favourite part might be when Fox uses his ability to call in the Starfox crew and their theme plays, it's so cool! 

Controls - I said I'd discuss the way the game is intended to be played by using the provided joycon grip with attachments for the ship and pilots, but in truth I only played like that once as I soon returned to my trusty Pro Controller. However that once was a two hour sessions and I can say it's not as bad as I expected, the controller is heavy and cramped though which I just didn't find as comfortable. You can play the game just fine with a Pro Controller or regular joycons though but you will have to keep the toys and special grip around however as every now and then (weekly I think) you have to re-sync the toys to the game, it's slightly annoying but it's just to ensure you don't sell on the accessories. Anyway game play wise the controls are okay but a tad clunky in my opinion but this is the first game in this style I've ever played, I soon got used to them but the momentum of the ship repeatedly caught me out, especially when i just want to move slightly. I will say however flying around the planet's just feels incredible with a fantastic sense of speed which just fun, so while I had issues with them at first all in all I think they're fine. 

Gameplay - The typical game play is you're a space ship that flies around battling enemies, gathering resources, scanning wildlife and your typical open world gameplay tropes. On each planet you'll find outposts which you can save and develop to help increase your fight against the villains of the plot, and each outpost has various fetch quests you can do (All similar and repetitive unfortunately). Starlink also has elements of a RTSG (real time strategy game) as the enemies are always on the move and developing so it's up to you to set your defences and take them out before they get a foothold on each planet, the system is like a food chain where you have ground units, extractors, Primes and the Dreadnought in space and each chain makes the one above it tougher, for example if a planet has alot of Primes the Dreadnought will be alot stronger, so it's best to work your way up the chain. This is a really cool concept with the Prime battles especially being awesome and dynamic but unfortunately it soon gets extremely repetitive as you have to do this countless times and the fights are pretty much identical, they're still fun in a mindless kind of way but there is no denying it's repetitive and somewhat of a chore at times. When you're on a planet you basically hover on the ground with access to a jump and a speed boost which help you get around, this is really fun but obstacles can be annoying as crashing will cause damage to your ship but it recovers pretty quickly to be fair. With the press of R however you can take off and fly around as you'd expect a ship to which again feels ace but the coolest part is you can simply point up and you'll fly into space with no loading screens (clearly hidden but it's still cool) and then the universe is yours to explore. In space you can travel planet to planet, enter hyperdrive, fight outlaws, find abandoned ships and find the Dreadnoughts but unfortunately space areas do run into the issue other games like TLOZ:Wind Waker ran into where you spend alot of time just traveling area to area, it's fun until it isn't but thankfully there is a fast travel option. 

Combat - If you get the physical edition like me you'll start the game with the Arwing (with lasers) and three weapons being ice rockets, a flamethrower and a stasis machine gun type weapon and so far it appears that's all I have access to without buying more toys or getting them digitally, it's annoying but so far I've always had the tools for the job (you can find one use items of other types of weapons if needed). The combat is somewhat complex as the game uses alot of elemental effects like you'll find ice enemies you need to use the flamethrower on as the ice rockets would actually power them up, so in short each enemies has a weakness you should use to your advantage, the constant changing of weapons can be a pain though and I bet it sucks if you played with the toys. The on the planet combat is fun enough with a decent amount of depth but I did find it a little button mashy, especially as you only have so many shots before your weapons need to recharge. However the flying and space combat I didn't like at all, maybe it's because I've never played a game like this before but in space it's 360 combat and you're taking fire from every direction, even finding who's attacking you isn't easy! I found these segments incredibly rage inducing but I did get better at them in time, but I still never really enjoyed them. The game doesn't use a lock on system like for example "Z Targeting" as you have to line up your shots yourself, however you can go into the options and change how lenient your accuracy has to be which can be a massive help in awkward situations. While I didn't enjoy the space combat I can't deny the fact it looks incredible and like something out of a Star Wars movie with ships, rockets, lasers and anything else flying around you, it's just alot to take in. 

Depth - The most surprising thing about this game is the depth as it's incredibly deep, so deep in fact I'm shocked it's a toys to life game as some of this baffled me never mind kids! It's basically a RPG as anything and everything can be levelled up or modified to your liking alongside the RTSG elements I've already discussed. Starting with your ship you can attach modifiers to it which you'll find during your exploration to give certain boosts like more defence or higher damage output, you can also add similar modifiers to your weapons like giving your flamethrower more range. That's not all for the ship however as your character will earn experience and level up giving you access to a small skill tree type thing and then you can also unlock upgrades from your "base ship" that impact things. Planet side you can upgrade and build outposts in certain locations with observatories (map boost), barracks (planet defence), mines (to make money) and a few others which all work alongside the RTSG elements. To upgrade a location you can do side quest for them, deliver them items you've collected or simply pay for the improvements with in game currency and collectibles. There is always something to do in this world and I'm just blown away by how complex it all is, you could easily sink hours and hours into this. 

Original Story - The story is pretty cliche and nothing that original but it was compelling enough to keep me interested, the game also has a surprising amount of lore and world building if you're into that type of thing. The only disappointing thing with the main story is it feels short due to how it's handled as the tutorial is basically the story with loads of missions teaching you how the game works, once you understand everything you basically do it a few times then head to the final boss. It is a decent length as my play time shows but it did feel shorter than it actually was.

Star Fox Story - The exclusive for the Switch version of Starlink is Starfox missions which sees Wolf have an evil plan which you have to stop which does link into the original story pretty well. However there are only a handful of missions and while they change the gameplay up slightly I did find them pretty underwhelming but they are interesting enough. As I've never played a Starfox game though I can't say how "in character" everything was but I enjoyed it for what it's worth. 

Free DLC - The free DLC for Starlink adds a new planet to the game called the "Crimson Moon" which is like some kind of outlaw world where you'll find racing and battling arenas. The racing aspect was the part that had me excited as it looked really interesting but unfortunately this mode only has four tracks and they're pretty easy. The racing does change the controls slightly and they work okay but drifting was a tad clunky as you have control of the camera as well so as you swing around corners you also need to move the camera, it's manageable yet it felt weird lol. Racing wise you basically just need to go around the tracks collecting blue orbs to recharge you boosts and finish in first place, it's a nice distraction but I won each race on the first attempt and nothing has compelled me to return outside of one side quest that required it. The battle arena is pretty cool though and where you'll find a decent challenge as you have various modes from a boss battle, dodging lasers and surviving waves of enemies, again it was a decent distraction but nothing more. The DLC also came with a few bounty hunter side quests but unfortunately I have to report the second last mission (based on dialog) is bugged! You have to kill a number of specific enemies in specific ways and unfortunately it just doesn't seem to register, I spent more than one hour attempting this but I just couldn't get the kills to register even though I was doing everything correctly. That's not the worst of it though as any progress in the mission doesn't save once you turn off the game so I lost all the kills I did manage to register which simply means I won't be completing that side quest. 

Paid Starfox DLC - The paid DLC for Starfox adds Falco, Slippy and Peppy to the game for £9.49. The characters come with missions but apparently it's only around one hours worth of content so I have no interest in it, you can play the entire game as them but I don't see myself replaying this any time soon. 

Difficulty - The difficulty of this game is interesting because it does feel ever so slightly off balance, you see the lives system of Starlink is tied to ships. The physical edition I got comes with two ships (physical Arwing + one digital) and the way Ubisoft tried to tempt people to buy more is when you die that ship is destroyed until you respawn or change ships, as I only wanted to use the Arwing that basically meant every death was a game over compared to swapping ships and continuing from where I was. Don't get me wrong it's not extremely challenging on normal and doing an Arwing only run did make it harder for myself but it's worth mentioning. As for the difficulty in general it is pretty good as normal isn't a walk in the park as you can die at any time and you have the option of changing the difficulty at any point in the menus, I'll be honest and admit early on I did drop down to easy just to get a feel for everything as not everything is explained that well, once I understood all the systems at play more I went back to normal and never felt the need to lower it again. Like I said in the combat section though I think the space sections are the toughest part of the game as there is just too much going on, however I did learn a few techniques over time to make life easier, for example putting my rockets on backwards so they'd fire behind me. When I first started playing I did wonder how kids would get on with the recommended difficulty of normal as it still is a decent challenge but for anyone looking at this game for kids I can say you have nothing to worry about as the easy mode is a joke and extremely relaxed. 

Conclusion - At one point Starlink had me pretty conflicted as I loved playing the game but the repetition of everything bugged me, however once I got over that and just accepted it my appreciation for the game sky rocketed as everything just clicked into place. The game play loop is extremely repetitive but once I got into it i started to find it relaxing, rewarding and even addictive, there is always something to do and you're always rewarded for doing it. Let's be real the physical edition is currently available at most retailers for £12-15 which is an absolute steal, like seriously you're robbing companies getting this game at that price, maybe I'd be more critical if I paid £70 for this set at launch but I never, I got it for £22 and it's now basically half off again. The game has problems and I can see why people wouldn't like the repetition but personally I really liked it, I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it as one of the reason I kept putting off playing it is because I didn't think I'd like it but I ended up loving it. I got over 25 hours out of this adventure which is more than I've got out of alot of other Switch games which cost alot more, you guys know I'm hesitant suggesting games completely as tastes are personal but it's bloody £12 lol. It's not a broken mess, it's not unplayable and I had a blast playing it, I'm actually disappointed it bombed so hard as I think a sequel which fixed some of the issues could have been really special. The price point makes this game hard not to recommend or to suggest you guys look into it as it won't be This cheap forever, all in all I'd easily give Starlink a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. It's better than Crash at least :p. @Nucleus now has it so I await his views with great interest!

Reigns Game Of Thrones - This is one of the most moreish and odd card games I've ever played but I've got a decent amount of enjoyment out of the title. In short the idea of the game is you select a character to sit on the iron throne and you have to last as long as you can, you have a deck of cards where various scenarios take place and you swipe left or right to select your response. Your responses will have repercussions however as you have meters which mean game over if they empty or max out, for example one meter is the church and every positive church response increases the meter and every negative one decreases it, once it's empty or maxed out the church will kill you resulting in a game over. It really is a balancing act to keep yourself alive and the various meters happy, especially as you get ranked on how long you last. Setting this game in a real fictional world really adds to the experience, because when you play as John Snow you can act as you think he would or do the complete opposite to just see what happens and as runs are quick and snappy experimenting is rewarding, especially as you have achievements to unlock to get new characters. You have a few achievements visible each run and most are fairly obvious in how to get them, for example one achievement was to win a bar fight so you'd take the route to get you to the bar then work out how to not only start a fight but how to win it. Admittedly the one big knock about this game is it is very repetitive but that does mean you can learn the right and wrong responses or the responses to get you where you want to go, in short bursts though the game is very enjoyable and well worth the £1.80 I spent on it. It's not one I'll sit and marathon but it's one I see myself jumping into from time to time so it's a perfect digital purchase imo. So far I've unlocked all the characters but I have a few scenarios to beat. 

Duck Game - This is the game I won a few weeks ago and while it's meant to be a multiplayer game I've still not managed to test it out with the family, however I did decided to give the single player mode a whirl. The single player mode is basically a mix between a tutorial and a challenge mode and it kicked my arse to begin with as some things can be tough and most things need to be beaten in a time limit. Once I got the hang of things though I really started to enjoy it and I can instantly see why this is a highly regarded multiplayer game, I'm seriously excited for the brothers to come around and give this a proper run out! Tbf my brother comes around often but he's usually got the niece and nephew with him off late so we've had better things to do than game, but the next chance I get we're playing this! Anyway the game is a 2D side scrolling shooter where you play as a duck, find upgrades (jetpack etc) and weapons (guns, chainsaws etc) and die to one hit (in the single player anyway) but the controls feel really good, at first I found them floaty but once I got to grips with them I was flying round the stages shooting everything in sight. I can really see this being a blast with the right friend group which I hope mine is lol, oh and it opens with a Metroid parody which is ace. 

Demo's 

Spoiler

Super Kicker League Demo - SKL is an arcade football game so I had to at least have a look and tbf it's not bad, I wouldn't say it was good but it's not bad lol. The demo sees you play 3 vs 3 to score the most goals in the time limit, your characters have special abilities and there are no rules. The AI however can and will score from basically any situation. It's got that Mario Strikers vibe but unfortunately it's not Mario Strikers, oh how I'd love a new Mario Strikers. One thing I will say for SKL is it's not bad looking at all and more graphically appealing than most arcade football games I've seen but it's not something I'd look to buy. 

Hob The Definitive Edition Demo - Hob released to great fanfare as it was ported by Panic Button (Doom, Warframe) and by all accounts this game looks awesome in the trailers. Fluid combat in a 2D Zelda style, puzzles and plenty of exploring all while having really pleasant visuals, it looked like it should be brilliant. However that demo bored me to tears! The opening is so slow and bland I almost turned it off but I stuck with it until the end and eventually it got somewhat interesting but man that was a disappointment as the damage had been done. Once you got your weapons the demo became more enjoyable but in truth I was in a bad mood while playing it so may be my views of negativity are unjust. I have since looked at a few reviews though and they weren't as positive as I expected and I know @Nucleus wasn't that keen on the demo, oh well. 

Game Of The Year

New Releases

1. Tetris 99
2. Reigns Game Of Thrones
3. Duck Game

I've really not played many new releases this year huh 😂

First Time Played This Year

1. Starlink Battle For Atlus
2. Super Mario Party
3. The Way Remastered
4. Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
5. Batman The Brave & The Bold

Starlink jumps right to the top of the list knocking the Crash Bandicoot GBA game out the top 5. 

Recent Pick Ups

Crypt Of The Necrodancer - Switch - $3.99 - I used a fraction of my US eshop credit to grab this game at a massive discount, Crypt is a game I've had my eye on since it released on the Switch but I was always worried I'd suck at it lol. Crypt is a rhythm rogue like and while I've always had a fondness of rhythm games it's one genre I really like but really suck at and this is meant to be tough regardless of ability! So I used my free credit to take a risk on a game that got rave reviews, especially as the Zelda sequel looks incredible so if I get on okay with this I'll definitely get Cadance Of Hyrule eventually.

In Between - Switch - $0.90 - I was browsing the latest eshop sale when I noticed a game with 90% off so I took a peak, once the page loaded I was intrigued to discover i was looking at a very interesting looking puzzle platformer. Graphically the game looked unique and instantly appealing with a great art style so I decided to look into it more. Upon reading reviews (NWR 8.5/10) I discovered it's a powerful journey about death and acceptance and it just sounded like something I've never played before, I think after playing The Way Remastered I'm more interested in these dark story driven platformers. Anyway for the cheap price it was a no brainer so I added it to the collection. 

Geki Yaba Runner Anniversary Edition - Switch - £0 - What is this? That's the question I asked myself when I saw it high on the Eshop sales chart when I realised it was a free download if you owned something else they've released. It appears to be some auto run platformer which I may as well check out since its free.

Edited by Ashez

@zaangie @Rob @Nucleus and anyone else following. 

Load up the eshop, search for "Ninjin" (Ninjin Clash Of Carrots is or a full name) and download the demo. It's on sale for £1.19 but try the demo and see what happens. That's all I'll say.