Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashez

Off Topic Nintendo

9 minutes ago, topline said:

hey my dudes and dudettes,

been away for a while playing anything and everything on my Switch. Love me an eShop sale

Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with FM Touch on the switch? Better experience than on mobile? is it much different?

I originally played the PC version but it came to a point where i needed to see other humans and daylight, so had to put that version of the game aside. I've enjoyed the plug and play nature of FMMobile since.

Can anyone give me details or share experiences of FM Touch on switch?

@Nucleus has like 200 hours on it so I'm sure he can. 

Any recommendations @topline?

@Ashez

Lots but I've been picking up older titles on sale, so there is likely a lot that has already been covered,

I've recently completed these; all great fun

West of Loathing
South Park, Stick of Truth,
Golf Story,
The Way,
My Friend Pedro,
Katana Zero,
Steamworld dig, and heist
lots of Tetris 99
Mario Maker 2
Ultimate alliance 3 (not finished yet)

West of Loathing - On my at right price list 
South Park, Stick of Truth - I'm after the sequel as it's physical
Golf Story - Tempted but not sure it's for me 
The Way - Completed, absolutely loved it. 
My Friend Pedro - Never saw the appeal of this one 
Katana Zero - Looks good

Steamworld dig, and heist - Love them both to bits, Dig 2 is ace as well

lots of Tetris 99 - Solid game 
Mario Maker 2 - Not for me 
Ultimate alliance 3 (not finished yet) - May be eventually

4 minutes ago, topline said:

older titles on sale, so there is likely a lot that has already been covered,

That's the only way I'll buy digital. If you go through this thread around the start of each month you'll see what I've been playing :)

never though id be much of a digital guy but i stumbled across Beatemups on youtube and his 10 eshop games series.

Added them to a watchlist, and waited patiently for sales. needs to be at least 30% off before i'll take the plunge. Physical makes it more fun for me, im old hahaha

Not that keen on Beatemups/Wood, he just irritates me but I watch him occasionally. I like him on Game Chasers but I'm just not keen on his solo content. 

I go physical whenever possible, it's just cooler and added protection. Even this week a solid game is being lost digitally. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-07-ducktales-remastered-is-being-delisted-on-digital-stores-starting-tomorrow

Physical media all day long for me. 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

❤️SNES❤️

Next month makes sense, the service launched in September so alot of subscriptions will be expiring then!

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Next month makes sense, the service launched in September so alot of subscriptions will be expiring then!

Hopefully! I’ve toyed with getting the classic but can’t justify the amount of room it’ll take, so this is ideal.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Hopefully! I’ve toyed with getting the classic but can’t justify the amount of room it’ll take, so this is ideal.

Huh? The Snes classic is tiny 😂 

Tbf the Snes classic is a wonderful bit of kit, especially once hacked (oddly I'm currently waiting for a part to expand the storage) but I'd personally prefer to play the Switch so I'm hyped for it happening. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Huh? The Snes classic is tiny 😂 

Tbf the Snes classic is a wonderful bit of kit, especially once hacked (oddly I'm currently waiting for a part to expand the storage) but I'd personally prefer to play the Switch so I'm hyped for it happening. 

Cables mate. I am only just allowed a Switch 😭

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

Lmao, the Snes classic is just a HDMI cable and an USB charger which I've put in the TV, oh and controls. I know what you're saying though, tbf why spend £90 on a classic if games start appearing on the Switch. I'm sure a few games won't show up on the Switch which are on the classic though (Super Castlevania for example) but if they release 2 a month by the end of the year we'll have more Switch Snes games than the classic has for £20 a year. 

added 0 minutes later
20 minutes ago, Rob said:

Lmao, the Snes classic is just a HDMI cable and an USB charger which I've put in the TV, oh and controls. I know what you're saying though, tbf why spend £90 on a classic if games start appearing on the Switch. I'm sure a few games won't show up on the Switch which are on the classic though (Super Castlevania for example) but if they release 2 a month by the end of the year we'll have more Switch Snes games than the classic has for £20 a year.