Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Understandable 😂 I promise my wife I would go a year without buying games, so black Friday I'm gonna buy the most I can lmao. Pokémon is priority even tho I'm not hyped about after the sun and moon fiasco. But if it turns out great I'm probably playing for like 300 hours or more like ruby (almost 500 hours each lmao) 

16 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Understandable 😂 I promise my wife I would go a year without buying games, so black Friday I'm gonna buy the most I can lmao. Pokémon is priority even tho I'm not hyped about after the sun and moon fiasco. But if it turns out great I'm probably playing for like 300 hours or more like ruby (almost 500 hours each lmao) 

That’s quite a promise 😭

10 hours ago, zaangie said:

That's a brave thing to say before the January direct!! 

Why didn't you like Sun/Moon? I absolutely adored it on my original play through, it completely hooked me and it's the most I enjoyed a Pokemon game since Platinum. Y (living dex/wonder trading) and Platinum (battle tower) are my most played though, I put 65 hours into Moon iirc, I found it magical. However I will admit I didn't enjoy playing Ultra Sun anywhere near as much, I found that a complete slog. I'll admit I need to give BW 1+2 another shot and SS but I didn't appreciate XY until my second play through and ORAS bored me to tears. Oddly I loved the original RS but ORAS did nothing for me at all. 

I'd love a good Black Friday too though as I've loads of games I'd fancy at a good price, unfortunately so far every Switch deal has sucked. 

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's a brave thing to say before the January direct!! 

Why didn't you like Sun/Moon? I absolutely adored it on my original play through, it completely hooked me and it's the most I enjoyed a Pokemon game since Platinum. Y (living dex/wonder trading) and Platinum (battle tower) are my most played though, I put 65 hours into Moon iirc, I found it magical. However I will admit I didn't enjoy playing Ultra Sun anywhere near as much, I found that a complete slog. I'll admit I need to give BW 1+2 another shot and SS but I didn't appreciate XY until my second play through and ORAS bored me to tears. Oddly I loved the original RS but ORAS did nothing for me at all. 

I'd love a good Black Friday too though as I've loads of games I'd fancy at a good price, unfortunately so far every Switch deal has sucked. 

About the direct it's fine. Most important games will be released mid/late year. 

I found the game incomplete. Trials are pathetic. Your rival it's a joke. Story didn't get me. Didn't even bother trying the ultra version. I liked the battle tree and battle royal mode tho. 

Spent around 450 hours in oras lmao. Loved the game. I spent this much because of breeding. In sun I got like 150 or something and got bored. If Shield get me hooked I'll be breeding again and going competitive. 

Edited by zaangie
58 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Trials are pathetic

I enjoyed the change but I'm glad proper gyms are returning tbh. I think trials + gyms might have worked. 

58 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Your rival it's a joke

They have been for ages now, I get why the rival isn't an arsehole anymore but I wish he still was lol. 

59 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Story didn't get me

The story didn't get me as such but the world did, I loved exploring and working on my living dex. So many locations were stand outs imo,especially Poe Town, now that was freaking awesome. 

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

Didn't even bother trying the ultra version

I only did because I got it cheap and I needed the exclusive legendaries. 

liked the battle tree and battle royal mode tho. 

I never really played it, I just couldn't be arsed to grind to get the items to be competitive, that was one of my biggest gripes tbf. I'm glad S/S is making the "getting into battle" stuff more streamlined. 

450 hours in oras l

😮

breeding

I can really get into breeding and shiny hunting tbf, the only appeal and temptation the Let's Go games had to me was the shiny hunting looked addictive. It's the whole trading and collecting aspect I love, on Moon I was able to breed my starter early and I abused the hell out of it to get stuff lol. 

going competitive. 

It's something I always want to do but I never bother, I've repeatedly bred teams and shit but never bothered to use them outside of Platinums battle tower and blacks subway. I did used to piss about on Showdown though back in the day. 

The only thing I didn't really end up liking about my original Moon play through was my in game team tbh. The new Marowak and Decidueye just weren't good in battle, awesome designs but not very fun to use. Mudsdale is my baby though 😍

It makes no sense to me that a rival helps you out and even choose a Pokémon with type weakness against you lmao. 

The competitiveness is the best part of Pokémon but now they decided to cut national dex and I'm worried about it. I think it's going to ruin multiplayer. 

Multi battles are awesome tho. I love them. And now we have raid battles, I just hope it's not easy. 

Edited by zaangie
6 hours ago, zaangie said:

It makes no sense to me that a rival helps you out and even choose a Pokémon with type weakness against you lmao. 

The competitiveness is the best part of Pokémon but now they decided to cut national dex and I'm worried about it. I think it's going to ruin multiplayer. 

Multi battles are awesome tho. I love them. And now we have raid battles, I just hope it's not easy. 

Agreed yet it is a kids game lol

I do actually think it'll have the opposite impact and bring new strategy and Pokemon to the big stage, competitively I get bored of seeing the same Pokemon repeatedly

18 hours ago, zaangie said:

More news tomorrow tho. 

Hopefully we get starter news, that's all I want now lol. 

The credits are rolling as we speak on Fire Emblem @Rob. I'll get to Zelda in the coming days :)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Hopefully we get starter news, that's all I want now lol. 

The credits are rolling as we speak on Fire Emblem @Rob. I'll get to Zelda in the coming days :)

Good man! 

I spend the week hyping myself up for Pokemon talking here, then they drop that trailer. Not gonna lie it sucked the life out of me, the giant Pokemon gimmick is so stupid. Granted I ignored Z-Moves and mega evolution like I'll ignore this but I'm so bored of it already. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I spend the week hyping myself up for Pokemon talking here, then they drop that trailer. Not gonna lie it sucked the life out of me, the giant Pokemon gimmick is so stupid. Granted I ignored Z-Moves and mega evolution like I'll ignore this but I'm so bored of it already. 

Thank God I'm not alone. It would be awesome if it was exclusive for raid battles but noooooo. My hype is dead. I don't even know if I'll buy the game now. Every video they drop my hype decreases. 

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

Thank God I'm not alone. It would be awesome if it was exclusive for raid battles but noooooo. My hype is dead. I don't even know if I'll buy the game now. Every video they drop my hype decreases. 

It is exclusive to arenas which is at least something, I assume it'll only really be used in gyms and bosses. 

I'm still determined to get it as I'm sure I'll love it but this hype cycle has done nothing for me. A month before release I was foaming at the mouth for Sun/Moon but this hasn't got me completely yet, the only thing I'm excited for are the wild areas. 

3 minutes ago, zaangie said:

i'll check the reviews before buying. No way i'm gonna buy this with what has been showed.

I get that but my take is it'll never see a price drop and I'll get it eventually either way eventually so I may as well get it day one and enjoy it with everyone else lol. 

It's a month away and still no starter evo details 😢

Just played the first hour and a half of Link's Awakening @Rob so here are some early impressions

1. The game is extremely charming and gorgeous, I've only been in the early areas and the reported frame rate issues aren't annoying me as yet but I've not been anywhere too demanding though. The Vaseline smear design decision though is really bugging me. 

2. I'm still very concerned about it's length as within a hour and a half I've done the first two dungeons (2/9). I was however really enjoying what I played. 

3. It's pretty handholdy so far which is what it is. 

I'll have more in the coming days

How long to beat have it at 10-14 hours so we'll see. 

Screenshot_2019-10-19-17-56-20.thumb.png.7401525ad8abfccbe79f4abc5588b3dc.png

As for the Vaseline issue I meant to share this but forgot, it's such an odd design decision that's so distracting. 

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’d never noticed the tilt shift. Weirdly, I’d probably have not noticed it because I am kinda gormless like that. 

I never noticed it before the reviews tbf, but I am finding it slightly distracting as it makes it look worse than it could look etc. I think I'd have noticed it once I started playing though tbh. It doesn't impact gameplay so I can't say I care but I'd rather a clean image. 

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yeah, I’m the same.

So basically it is a bit too easy?

I'm shocking at noticing frame rates and shit tbf. 

Erm I wouldn't say it's easy but it's not that hard as yet, I died 4-5 times so far mainly from being daft though lol. 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Haha, in my book daftness comes from not concentrating properly because something is too easy. 

Haha, it was more slipping into pits or forgetting to activate the shield which I'm not used to haha. 

Remember I've basically only played the tutorial dungeon and the second so far :)