Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I mentioned I had a big item on route to me which is now in my hands!! 

IMG_20200910_141244.thumb.jpg.47a8d76c4937c6d3be23938f7f4f3a8b.jpg

I won a copy of Snooker 19 signed by Ronnie O'Sullivan and Neil Robertson! @samhardy @Rob @Ian

Very nice, you should get a nice frame or something for it to keep it in good condition.

58 minutes ago, Ian said:

Very nice, you should get a nice frame or something for it to keep it in good condition.

Yeah I'll have to look into my options, it's so cool :D

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Just watched a few All-Stars reviews. Feeling stupid emotional about the game now. Wtf is wrong with me?

Welcome to my world!! 

Reviews are positive and around what I expected. 

Mario 64 is the one though, sure they could have done way more like remaking it in the Odyssey engine or something but the fact they've remade it in a way that "makes it look like you remember it" is magical. 

I have fond memories of Mario 64 but as I've said to @Robbefore the N64 is the console I struggle to return to. The SNES and GameCube and after still look fantastic but original N64 games are rough. This remake has made the game look like how it does in my nostalgia filled memory which is pretty bloody magical. 

Then Sunshine and Galaxy in HD will be a treat on the eyes! I get the hate and that they're ports/emulation and not remakes but this is still so freaking cool. 

Just had my dispatch email saying it'll be here tomorrow by 11pm......It best be way earlier than that 😂

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

@Ashez how far did you get through Mario 64?

I never got the 120 I don't think but definitely did the 70(?) to beat Bowser. 

Sunshine I'm not 100% sure I've ever beaten. 

Galaxy I did beat Bowser but again I don't think I got every star. 

Currently I plan to beat them all, I don't intend to 100% any at this stage unless I just can't stop playing one. Hyrule Warriors has kinda ended up putting a time limit on this in some ways haha

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I never got the 120 I don't think but definitely did the 70(?) to beat Bowser. 

Sunshine I'm not 100% sure I've ever beaten. 

Galaxy I did beat Bowser but again I don't think I got every star. 

Currently I plan to beat them all, I don't intend to 100% any at this stage unless I just can't stop playing one. Hyrule Warriors has kinda ended up putting a time limit on this in some ways haha

That’s the beauty, isn’t it? You’ve essentially got three games you’ve never really fully played. I barely played Sunshine, for example. So I’m getting a new game and two of my fave games ever.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That’s the beauty, isn’t it? You’ve essentially got three games you’ve never really fully played. I barely played Sunshine, for example. So I’m getting a new game and two of my fave games ever.

Yep, I'm excited :D

Like I know I beat 64 but I don't remember much as I was a kid, I played tonnes of Sunshine but I know I never beat it but I started it from the start multiple times and I've only play through Galaxy once as G2 wasn't that long after iirc (plus it was the Wii 🤢). I was 6 when M64 released! 11 when Sunshine released and 16 when Galaxy did. That's the Mario's of my entire actual childhood in one sweet collection :D. 

Brilliant. A fantastic, almost new, experience for you then. They look so beautiful though. I keep changing my mind about what order to play, but I think I will do them chronologically so I get the experience as it’s meant.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Brilliant. A fantastic, almost new, experience for you then. They look so beautiful though. I keep changing my mind about what order to play, but I think I will do them chronologically so I get the experience as it’s meant.

Yeah 100% I'll be playing them in order. 

Recently rebought Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu. Been playing it with the missus and the little one loves it. Currently we have 3 badges, just been taking it slow and exploring. 

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Recently rebought Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu. Been playing it with the missus and the little one loves it. Currently we have 3 badges, just been taking it slow and exploring. 

Think I'm over let's Go but there was a time I was really tempted by it. Just for the nostalgia, exploration, rideable Pokemon and shiny hunting as they all looked super cool. However I do really hate the capture stuff so yeah I was never willing to splash the cash on it. 

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Think I'm over let's Go but there was a time I was really tempted by it. Just for the nostalgia, exploration, rideable Pokemon and shiny hunting as they all looked super cool. However I do really hate the capture stuff so yeah I was never willing to splash the cash on it. 

Yeah, at first all them aspects are really cool. But eventually they die down. The cool thing about shiny Pokémon on the game is you see them before encountering them. I only caught one shiny and it was a Drowzee just west of Diglett's Cave. I was about to leave the room and noticed the pink Drowzee so quickly caught it and had shiny Hypno on my team. 

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yeah, at first all them aspects are really cool. But eventually they die down. The cool thing about shiny Pokémon on the game is you see them before encountering them. I only caught one shiny and it was a Drowzee just west of Diglett's Cave. I was about to leave the room and noticed the pink Drowzee so quickly caught it and had shiny Hypno on my team. 

Yeah, when it first released I found myself watching shiny hunting streams as the method was easy and relaxing. It's just chaining and respawns. I also watched a fair few speedruns as they're super interesting due to the catching requirements and that. It's one I'd love to buy one sale yet I know that'll never happen as it's Nintendo and Pokémon haha. I think Shield did scratch that itch though as I did spend over 100 hours on that lol  

Shield is my most played game by a long way! I've got over 300 hours on that with Mario Odyssey, my second most played game being on just over a 100 hours. 

I haven't played in ages as I sold my Lite but I've still got shield but cba to download my account on the missus switch. 

We are both interested in the Mario games that got announced recently, the 3D one being the one I'll most likely buy.

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Shield is my most played game by a long way! I've got over 300

What you find to do for 300 hours?

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We are both interested in the Mario games that got announced recently, the 3D one being the one I'll most likely buy.

3D All Stars or 3D World?

Still not worth £99 but damn this looks neat! 

@Ashez while I was still at work I had a few friends who played so we used to do raids every day on our lunch breaks. I also completed the Pokédex, so a lot of hours were spent trading and also breeding. I managed to hatch a few 6IV Pokémon. 

We liked both but probably go for the 3D world. Only thing I don't like is most of the games are ports, they need to make some new ones. The Mario Kart does look really good though!

That's ace! I was very surprised by how much like enjoyed raids. I have a living dex so most my time with the game went into finishing that with the new stuff and I do breed just for fun. You have the DLC? 

Did you have a WiiU? Have you played it before? If not it is new to you lol. The WiiU sold 14m units total. The Switch is at 55m units total. That's 41m people that never played any of these WiiU ports, that's alot of people and alot of money Nintendo can make off games that bombed. I had a WiiU, I've played alot these ports but I've no problem with great games being rereleased so more people can enjoy them. Technically the best game on Switch (BOTW) is a WiiU port. I actually hope more of the WiiU stuff is ported to the Switch like the two Zelda HD games. The WiiU is trash, I don't wanna play that system ever again but I adore playing the Switch so having the option to get them here whenever I want to replay them is appealing. 

Nah, I haven't got the DLC. I didn't think it was worth the money for an add-on. Have you? The last Nintendo console I had before the Switch was the GameCube so to answer your question, no I didn't have a Wii U. 

I completely forgot that Zelda was originally on the Wii U. I wouldn't mind getting BOTW2 when it releases, I enjoyed BOTW when Switch first came out, was the only game I had for a long time.

BOTW is overrated. 🎣 

@Mikey what did you enjoy most about Odyssey? I really enjoyed it but felt it wasn’t contained enough. There were too many daft stars/moons/whatever. It didn’t feel tight enough. Galaxy 2 is still the best Mario game IMO, with 64 being my biggest emotional attachment... even though it’s a bit naff now. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nah, I haven't got the DLC. I didn't think it was worth the money for an add-on. Have you? The last Nintendo console I had before the Switch was the GameCube so to answer your question, no I didn't have a Wii U. 

I completely forgot that Zelda was originally on the Wii U. I wouldn't mind getting BOTW2 when it releases, I enjoyed BOTW when Switch first came out, was the only game I had for a long time.

Not yet no, I decided against getting it until it's all released. With 3D All Stars and Hyrule Warriors being soon I dunno when I'll get the DLC though, I will at some point though as I need the new Pokémon

BOTW2 and Darkest Dungeon 2 are my most anticipated releases that I know of ATM. 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

BOTW is overrated. 🎣 

@Mikey what did you enjoy most about Odyssey? I really enjoyed it but felt it wasn’t contained enough. There were too many daft stars/moons/whatever. It didn’t feel tight enough. Galaxy 2 is still the best Mario game IMO, with 64 being my biggest emotional attachment... even though it’s a bit naff now. 

You were just too intimidated!! 

I get that Odyssey criticism but it's not enough to hold it back imo, it was so open and creative and that's from someone who got everything. I can't wait to replay Galaxy though to see how they compare. 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

BOTW is overrated. 🎣 

Tbh. I enjoyed the majority of the game. There was a few kingdoms I disliked (Bowsers Kingdom and Lost Kingdom) but most of the game I liked. I enjoyed the 3D aspect of the game, it was the first 3D Mario I played. Balloon world was a cool feature they later added as well. As for all the stars me and the missus really enjoyed collecting them haha!

@Ashez you must have quite a lot of games now for the Switch, right? 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

54 Physical @Mikey 😛

44 I've beat iirc. 

Wow.

I've had the Switch since release and even though I've sold most of the games, I don't think I've had more than 20 games. You must have a diverse library of games. 

The remaining 10 (give or take if not accurate) are you planning on completing them? 

Edited by Mikey

I just buy them on offer lol. Like alot of those cost under £15, a fair few under £10 but I like Indies which are usually reasonably priced with £20 being around my weakness but I'll often wait for a price I'm happy with. I think the only two games I've paid full price for that isn't a Nintendo game is Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest Builders. 

Yep, I wouldn't buy them if I didn't intend to finish them, unless I really don't like them which hasn't happened as yet. Tbf I have "stocked" up on deals the last 6 months just incase the virus led to a draught. If it wasn't for the late min announcement of All Stars and Warriors I fully expected to be playing them during these months.