Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

30 in 30 - A countdown to FMM16

30in30.jpg

Hey guys

Welcome to my new mini-series: 30 in 30 – a countdown to FMM16

FMM16 is due to be released in 4-8 weeks (not long now). But before it arrives, this series will look at a new FMM topic every day for 30 days, and hopefully takes us smoothly to FMM16's release.

A different topic will be selected and discussed every day from a wide range including different players, clubs, features and many others.

Hope you guys enjoy this mini-series of discussion, now let’s get stuck into the first of 30 topics!

Topics Index (9/30)

Players:

• Dele Alli
  • Eric Dier
  • Hachim Mastour

Clubs:

• SV Darmstadt 98
  • Sunderland
  • SD Eibar

Features:

• Lack of new leagues
  • Record keeping
  • Improving tactics

Topic #1

Dele Alli

da-goal-spurs-4x392-2641589_478x359.jpg

To kick things off in this series is Tottenham Midfielder and England senior team debutant, Dele Alli.

65yFxlJ.png

2014-15

2014-15 was a big season for the Milton Keynes native.

Following a promising youth career with his home club MK Dons and 3 seasons with their senior squad, the promising midfielder was bought at the 11th hour of the mid-season transfer window earlier this year by the Tottenham Hotspurs, who immediately loaned him back to MK Dons for the remainder of the season.

Alli scored 16 goals in 44 appearances for MK Dons in 2014-15, and at just 19 years old, was named the Football League Young Player of the Year.

MK Dons also had a great season, finishing 2nd and secured automatic promotion to the Championship, thanks in part to Alli’s performance.

2015-16

Although the season is still young, Alli has shown he has bundles of talent and is able to execute amongst the best.

Alli has made 4 appearances for the Spurs this season, and is already on the scoresheet after scoring the Spurs’ only goal in a 1-1 draw with Leicester City.

Clearly others have noticed his talent as well – Alli was recently called up to the senior England squad for their final Euro 16 qualifying matches. All this before he turns 20!

FMM16

Dele Alli will definitely see a general improvement in his stats for FMM16 – predicted below. 

xdVtjKu.jpg

Although there’s likely only a small improvement on his starting attributes – where he should really shine is in his increased potential. Going from playing for MK Dons in the Championship to the Spurs in the Premier League and now an England call up? His PA should go up, up, up. Definitely a very exciting prospect to watch out for in FMM16.

Have you used Dele Alli in FMH15? How well do you think he will perform this season for Spurs and England? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! 

Don't think he's being pessimistic at all.. I think he's being realistic.. Alli is a really good player but shouldn't have amazing states yet

@Dec @Nath: If he was a striker I'd definitely have increased his shooting to 15 or 16. Although what I'm really looking forward to is how great his potential can be in the future given he's only 19 atm. 

@UKFootballScore: I'd bet my house (if I had one) that he'll be getting that PA upgrade! 

@Ashez: Cheers Ashez, plenty more different topics to come... 

I actually had no idea he was playing in League One last season :O I had just assumed he was a Tottenham youth team player who was being given his opportunity in the first team. What a rise! He hasn't looked out of his depth in the Premier League this season at all!

Topic #2

Lack of new leagues in FMM16

Today let’s talk about the lack of new leagues in FMM16.

The addition of new leagues has been much talked about here on Vibe, especially the two most popular leagues not yet added being the Turkish Super Lig and the Russian Premier League.

Spor_Toto_Super_Lig.png              829_-russian_premier_league-primary-.gif

We know now that there won’t be any new leagues in FMM16, but why is that?

IMO, it basically comes down to two interlinked reasons:

•  A lot of work required to create a new league
  • Lack of significant additional revenue generated by having those two leagues in FMM

Essentially it comes down to a cost benefit analysis, which something everyone does on a daily basis.

To create, code, test new leagues in FMH takes time and effort (the cost), it’s worth doing as long as the benefits to be reaped from doing it outweigh that cost. In this case, SI has made it clear that the benefits (extra revenue from selling more copies of FMM16) do not exceed the cost and therefore, FMM16, like FMH15, will not have any new leagues.

Put it another way, will you buy FMM16 with no new leagues? Well if you’re reading this chances are you’ll probably buy it regardless of whether it has new leagues. So from SI’s perspective it didn’t matter whether FMM16 had new leagues – you bought the game, they got your money, job done.

Where it might make a difference is for example, for people in Turkey or Russia, who might be on the fence about FMM16 but for whom the addition of new leagues will push them to spend the money and buy the game. Sadly, due to the piracy levels in those countries, their likelihood to spend money and buy a legit version of the game with new leagues is very low, contributing to the lack of ‘benefit’ for SI in adding new leagues, consequently we have no new leagues.

Of course, that’s just one of many possible reasons why there are no new leagues in FMM16. IMO, if FMM has new leagues in the future it won’t be because of any economic reasons, it will be because of the goodness of SI’s heart.

Do you think money is a good reason when thinking about whether to add new leagues? What other ways do you think SI can improve FMM16 rather than adding new leagues? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

"the goodness of SI’s heart"

Ha! That's funny. Like SI even have a heart ;)

Well written post though mate. It's a pity about the piracy factor though. Would be lots of fun to have the Russian or Turkish league in the game.

Topic #3

Top 5 'Survive' clubs in FMM16 - #5

The opposite of a ‘restoreclub - by managing a ‘survive’ club you will be managing a newly promoted or struggling club to stay afloat in a first class league.

These clubs have undergone either a meteoric rise, or are in the process of a disastrous fall. Either way, your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to survive a full season in a top flight league. And from there build for the future, but you won’t be able to think about the future if you don’t survive the present…

Let's meet the first of these survivor clubs:

SV Darmstadt 98

darmstadt-rcm480x0.png

Last Season: 2nd in 2. Bundesliga

Key summer signings: Mario Vrancic, Jan Rosenthal

Key players: Dominik Stroh-Engel, Marcel Heller, Aytac Sulu

Now:

Darmstadt 98 had a great run up the German footballing ladder in recent years. Back-to-back promotions have seen them go from 3. Liga (3rd tier) in 2013-14 to the Bundesliga in only 2 short seasons.

But can they gain traction in their much anticipated return to the Bundesliga?

Their key players for this season will be forward Dominik Stroh-Engel and winger Marcel Heller, both have been instrumental in Darmstadt’s performances over the last few seasons. Stroh-Engel in particular has played well, having scored 36 goals in 68 games since 2013.

On the defensive end, Darmstadt’s captain and Turkish player Aytac Sulu has shown he has great resolve and excellent leadership qualities over the last 2 seasons. He will have to bring that again in spades to secure a relegation free season for Darmstadt.  

Early returns in the 2015-16 season have been very promising - Darmstadt are currently 10th, the highlight of their season so far being a 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund. 

Survive difficulty: Hard

Have you managed Darmstadt in FMH15? Would you be interested in managing them in FMM16? Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Darmstadt. I remember them holding Dortmund to a draw early on this season, they played very well and even took the lead. Should be an exciting prospect to manage them. 

Topic #4

Keeping Records 

Today let’s talk about something that I’d personally really love to have in FMM16 – more statistics / record keeping.

Part of the reason why I play FMM is the immersion factor. The story telling narrative of each save, letting your imagination take over and let your team come to life for very special save.

But sometimes this can be ruined by the lack of needed record keeping in FMH15.

Below I've listed some examples of additional records and statistics that could be kept which would increase the immersion factor, or is just something that's plain worth keeping:

• Keeping track of awards such as league player / manager of the month, player / manager of the year

• Similarly, why not have an ‘award’ section on the player profile of the winning player? That way you can see all individual awards for a particular player

• Keeping track of winning teams in a ‘hall of fame’ style (e.g. if I won the BPL in 2015-16, I want to come back in 2018-19 and see who was on my title winning team in 2015-16)

• An ‘award’ screen for each club showing their accomplishments since the start of the game (similar to a manager’s trophy cabinet)

• In the player history screen, recording the number of PoM awards a player has gotten

• Some sort of player / history information kept for retired players – currently they just disappear from all records like they’ve never existed.

These are just some records that would be great to keep and that would IMO add to the immersion of the game. It’d allow you to step back after a few seasons and take in what you’ve done. In particular, keeping some record of retired players just seems like a good idea.

I understand there may be some hardware / memory limitations to keeping track of more records, but I would absolutely LOVE to be able to see some of the above being tracked in FMM16.

Are there any particular records or statistics you’d like FMM16 to track? Thanks for reading and I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

(PS probably won't be able to update over the weekend, double update monday!)

You know, I think this would be my favorite thing to see implemented. When I post careers I get really into the stats and having these things there as you play can only provide a more immersive experience.

Topic #5

Eric Dier

1408889944256_wps_4_Tottenham_v_QPR_prem

There may be a slight Spurs bias here but another player on the fast track to an English cap is Spurs defender / defensive midfielder Eric Dier.

mqGOx8n.png

History

Although born in England, Eric Dier moved to Portugal with his parents when he was 10, eventually joining Sporting CP’s youth academy. He played 42 games for Sporting CP from 2012-14, before signed by Tottenham in August 2014. 

2015-16

Despite being played as a central defender for his first season at White Hart Lane, Dier started to play in a defensive midfielder role this season, showing his versatility as well as his footballing talent. In 10 appearances this season at time of writing, Dier has scored 2 goals, equalling his total from the previous 36 games with Spurs.

Qj8TUto.jpg

Similar to another young Spurs English player Dele Alli, Eric Dier will see an upgrade to his stats for FMM16 as well as being able to play in another position (DM), further adding to his value.

He has shown an ability to pass and even score a couple goals in the DM position, so he should see an improvement in those areas. Similar to Alli, Dier’s PA should also increase given his age, success at the club level and his potential to be a stalwart in the English DM position.

Have you used Dier in FMH15? How well do you think he’ll perform this season at DM for Spurs? Thanks for reading and I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! 

Topic #6

Top 5 'Survive' clubs in FMM16 - #4

The opposite of a ‘restore’ club - by managing a ‘survive’ club you will be managing a newly promoted or struggling club to stay afloat in a first class league.

These clubs have undergone either a meteoric rise, or are in the process of a disastrous fall. Either way, your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to survive a full season in a top flight league. And from there build for the future, but you won’t be able to think about the future if you don’t survive the present…

Today let's take a look at #4 on my list of survivor clubs:

Sunderland

SunderlandAFC_logo_722x599-2.png

Last Season: 16th in the Premier League

Key summer signings: Jeremain Lens, Fabio Borini, Younes Kaboul

Key players: Jermain Defoe, Jeremain Lens, Costel Pantilimon

Now:

Not a traditional ‘survive’ club in the sense they weren’t just promoted to the top flight, but Sunderland arguably will have to battle just as hard to secure another season in the Premier League.

Sunderland has quite a knack for survival, gained over their last 9 seasons in the Premier League where they’ve finished no higher than 10th and mostly in the bottom third.

Back again in 2015-16, they are a hot pick in the relegation discussions. And given the quality of the promoted clubs this season, Sunderland will have to work very very hard to survive.

After 9 games this season, Sunderland has sacked their manager and hired Sam Allardyce to turn the ship around, but they're still yet to pick up their first win and would appear to be heavily involved in the relegation scrap this season. 

All the negatives of the current season aside, one the perks of having been in the Premier League for 9 seasons is that they’ve built up a decent squad in FMM terms, and stand a much better chance at survival than some of the newly promoted sides.

As their manager, can you perform better than your real world counterpart and keep Sunderland alive in the top flight?

Survive difficulty: Easy

Have you managed Sunderland in FMH15? Are they a club you would be interested in managing in FMM16? Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Honestly, Sunderland (Like Newcastle and Villa) really shouldn't be in a relegation dogfight. They are such an established Premier League outfit and they have some very good players. That's why they will be so easy to guide to safety in FMH

Agreed @MerlionMaple96, although I can understand a bit more with Villa since they lost both Benteke and Delph, but still they're an established side like Sunderland that should have no problem staying up with the right management (that's where we come in!)