Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

30 in 30 - A countdown to FMM16

Sunderland shouldn't be too hard in game as they have some decent players. Their problems according to the media come from things which FMM won't take into account like the clubs location, players attitude (apparently they have a drinking problem for example) and various things like that. Players like M'Villa, Rodwell and Cattermole will do a job in midfield while they'll have plenty of goals in game with Defoe, Borini and Lens. The defence could do with some work but stat wise I can't imagine it being too bad in fairness. 

Topic #7

Hachim Mastour

Hachim_Mastour_crop.jpg

The next Guido Vadala?

Not much is known about Hachim Mastour – other than his freestyle skills in this video with Neymar (For a demonstration click here).

Although he is part of AC Milan’s first team, he is yet to make an appearance for them. Two months ago he was loaned to Malaga CF for the next two seasons, hoping to pick up some valuable experience before cracking into Milan’s lineup.

At just 17 years old, Hachim is already an international, having played for Morocco in a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification game.

Qlxe5c3.png

His starting stats in FMH15 were quite poor, and although they may not see much of an increase for FMM16, it’s his potential that has managers like us intrigued. A natural AMC, Hachim offers a blend of youth and technique, and with proper nurturing, could turn one of the youngest players in the Serie A into one of the best wonderkids on FMM16 - we had best wait and see... 

Have you used Hachim in FMH15? How do you think he will turn out in FMM16? Thanks for reading and I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Topic #8

Top 5 'Survive' clubs in FMM16 - #3

The opposite of a ‘restore’ club - by managing a ‘survive’ club you will be managing a newly promoted or struggling club to stay afloat in a first class league.

These clubs have undergone either a meteoric rise, or are in the process of a disastrous fall. Either way, your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to survive a full season in a top flight league. And from there build for the future, but you won’t be able to think about the future if you don’t survive the present…

Today let's take a look at #3 on my list of survivor clubs:

SD Eibar

653px-SD_Eibar_logo.svg.png

Last Season: 18th in La Liga

Key summer signings: Gonzalo Escalante, Adrian Gonzalez, Borja Gonzalez (loan)

Key players: Dani Garcia, Xabi Irureta, Adrian Gonzalez

Now:

Similar to Sunderland, Eibar is not a freshly promoted club to the top flight. But unlike Sunderland, Eibar should have been relegated back to the 2nd tier Liga Adelante this season.

Back-to-back promotions from the Segunda Division B in 2012-13 and the Liga Adelante in 2013-14 earnt Eibar a spot in La Liga last season. But they struggled big time and finished in 18th place and were facing relegation back to Liga Adelante.

Fortunately, Elche, who finished in 13th, was relegated instead due to administrative reasons and Eibar would get another chance at La Liga this season!

The challenge for Eibar is to forget about the almost-relegation of last season and play with a clean slate. Their key summer signings will help – Adrian Gonzalez is a proven La Liga player who will add some much needed experience in the midfield. Combined with another year’s worth of La Liga experience, it should hopefully keep them out of the bottom 3.

(On a side note they're actually doing quite well in La Liga this season IRL - 8 games in they've won 3, drawn 4 and currently in 7th position! Borja Gonzalez has been on fire recently, scoring in each of their last 4 games)

Survive difficulty: Medium

Have you managed SD Eibar in FMH15? Are they a club you would be interested in managing in FMM16? Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

For any of the old guard wondering, that is "my" Borja. Due to my investment in Borja in FMH I've been keeping an eye on Eibar and they're both doing decent. 

Borja hasn't seemed as good in recent years in game so hopefully this La Liga season will help him push on :D. I wouldn't usually look at a team like Eibar as I'd rather play as an established side or in the lower leagues in Spain but Borja could be the temptation ;) 

Topic #9

Improving Tactics

One of the most asked questions on Vibe is one along the lines of ‘how can I improve my tactic?’

Whilst this is a perfectly valid question, it seems like the game offers no real answers. This means we’re just left wondering – ‘is the outcome of the game just random?’ or ‘how is my tactic actually impacting on my team?

We get lost within a mish mash of seemingly contradictory instructions and player roles, our only guidance being what is posted on this site and sometimes our general knowledge of football. But as everyone thinks differently about the same problem, what you think will improve your tactic may not actually help as it does not sit well with the match engine in FMM. 

Currently, FMH15 offers a cryptic match analysis page with pearls of wisdom such as:

•             Wingers failed to track back with runners

•             Lack of steel in midfield

•             Snatched at chances

•       Strikers didn’t test opposition keep enough, and my personal favourite

•       Strikers struggled to win aerial duels

Some of the above makes sense. For example strikers struggle to win aerial duels because they have low aerial attribute. But the problem with that message is that it consistently comes up even when my striker has 15+ heading. Other messages like ‘snatched at chances’ probably do more harm than good since it’s not clear how to improve my tactic to avoid that dreaded message.  

What FMM16 needs is simple, clear analysis and feedback of our tactics so that we know how we can improve our team. For example, something like ‘attacks were not successful through the middle because of too many central defensive players’ would be much clearer and would show us how to improve our tactic for the next game.

Similarly, something along the lines of ‘strikers are not fast enough to exploit the gaps’ gives a clear way to improve – get faster strikers.

Although we should keep in mind that the match engine isn’t straightforward all the time so it may be hard to receive a simple message or method to improve a tactic - but in a lot of cases the existing match analysis should and could be more user friendly and we should be able to make at least some improvements for our tactics.

Are there any match analysis messages you hate? How do you think this feature can be improved? Thanks for reading and I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

I had to stop looking at them, at first I tried to use the feature as they bigged it up as important but it killed the game for me. In the end I just started ignoring them as most the time it's utter rubbish and it really makes the game feel rigged. 

The biggest issue with the feature is how useless it is as you get the info once it's too late. What use is a one off match report after the match? To give the feature any worth it needs to be fed to you during the match where it's actually useful. The engine should have another view option (stats, action zone area) for assistants report which offers advice during the match if they want a feature like this. They big up the NME as something you have to react to yet it gives you the tools to do this too late (unless you know what you're looking at).

If you want to build a successful tactic you're one million times better off ignore this feature and judging it on stats, match visuals, tests and things like that. 

Hands down the worst feature added in recent years.