Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 "Impossible Challenge"(Completed)

leecutler

So currently I am doing a H2H with Matt but my next career will be the Impossible Challenge some might say "are you stupid" some might say "good luck" but I say let's nail this, I am not sure if anyone has even attempted this challenge let alone complete the challenge but if I'm wrong please quote me.

In this challenge I have loaded England(Main)

Spain

Italy

France

Seeing as FMH 2016 will be out in a few months I wanted I hard lengthy challenge to test me,iI have done the goal challenges in the past but really lost patience with them so here goes my attempt at the Impossible Challenge..........

Starting Team

Screenshot_2015-10-20-17-11-35.thumb.png

My first update will be out I'm the coming days guys.......

Edited by leecutler

Thanks guys first season update will be done today.

@Risheek it is more than nothing will be very difficult but let's give it the best shot,the dilemma is I have to win from bottom league in England up to the prem,so do I stick with AFC Flyde all the way up or do I look for other jobs

Impossible Challenge

Season 1

So this is surely going to be my toughest challenge yet,this is a challenge I have wanted to do for a few months but due to many reasons and also commitment to a save I chose to wait till I was really enjoying playing the game to even attempt this insane challenge.

This challenge will be my last career of FMH 2015 and should last till FMH 2016 is released.

Transfers 

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-15-42.thumb.png

So as you can see I made no transfers in or out that could go one of two ways,either that would really hurt me or I would still do good with the starting players.

I chose not to buy or sell anyone players because I found it very difficult to even get bang average players at my club I didn't just want to buy players just for the sake of it.

My Chosen Tactic

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-29-30.thumb.png

I don't normally post my tactics that often but since this is my last career of 15 I thought why not,if anyone has already posted this on vibe then please accept my apologies, 

In all of my tactics I have ever used I always go for a weird shape with only wingers on the left or the right never both sides and always have a widish striker and never a central striker I belive this will help me achieve my goal of my first trophy.

English FA Trophy

So this is a trophy that I need to win but I really can't see me winning it this year as there is too many teams in the league above that have a much better set up with players.

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-16-27.thumb.png

So we managed to take Barnet to a replay and we where very unlucky not to beat them although they had alot more chances than us but all in all it was a good attempt and don't forget Barnet are a league above us and have a very good side

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-17-18.thumb.png

So we faced a very good York City side that are 2 leagues ahead of us so losing 0-1 isn't a bad result in all honesty

Vanarama Conference North

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-15-59.thumb.png

So we won our first piece of silverware winning the league title but it was very close we didn't go top until the back end of the season and only won by 8 points, We drew far too many games (12) if we could have converted some of them to wins we could have won the title sooner and by more points.

End Of Season Stats 

Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-17-38.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-21-11-17-46.thumb.png

So Blinkhorn grabs a decent 44 goals for the season but our highest assister only grabs 12 assists.

So all in all it was a good season the goal was to win the league and that it is what we achieved next season I will be very active in the transfer market, I can't imagine that we will get much funds so it will consist of free players and loan players.

So thanks for following guys and don't forget to leave a comment and see you in season 2.........

Edited by leecutler

Solid start Lee! Looks like a good spread of goals around the team as well, looking forward to season 2 :) 

season 2 has been difficult won't reveal too much will update in the morning 

Impossible Challenge

Season 2

So after a very solid first season it was time for season 2 I knew this would be tough as most of my players just wouldn't cut the mustard in the Vanarama Conference Premier,so I would have to delve into the market and find myself some really good players otherwise it would be a long hard season.

Transfers 

Screenshot_2015-10-21-19-24-34.thumb.png

So as you can see I made some signings I tried my best to get players but most that where interested simply where not good enough for my team and no where good enough for the league,so my ace up my sleeve to drag me through this season was my tactics but hopefully a good job would come up soon

Half Way Point Of Season 2

So after 22 games we had managed to drag ourself into the top 6 this is what the table looked like.....

Screenshot_2015-10-21-23-49-44.thumb.png

And then this happend.......

Screenshot_2015-10-21-19-21-58.thumb.png

Although we where doing a good job at AFC Flyde it was all about thinking forward,in most of my league games we where massive underdogs this was due to my mediocre team and I needed to win the league so it was a easy decision......

Screenshot_2015-10-21-19-24-41.thumb.png

So we have left AFC Flyde all In all it was a easy decision to make as Mansfield are a bigger club with better finances and had much better players.

Transfers  (Mansfield)

Screenshot_2015-10-21-23-42-46.thumb.png

So all these transfers where made by the previous manager and I chose not to buy anyone or sell anyone in the January transfer window.

Vanarama Conference Premier 

Screenshot_2015-10-21-23-37-02.thumb.png

So the decision to leave AFC Flyde turned out to be the right decision as we claimed the league title!

But wait a minute.....Flyde are not even in the top half! They finished in a miserable 15th place,some say the players gave up as the young Jose prodigy had jumped ship ?

FA Trophy 

Screenshot_2015-10-21-23-41-51.thumb.png

So how on earth did this even go to penalties we batterd Macclesfield yet we couldn't beat them In 90 minutes but we held our nerve to lift the double!

So all in all we had a good season with AFC Flyde/Mansfield player stats I feel are a little irrelevant as was only at the club for 5 months so chose not too post it but my top goal scorer had 45 goals 

Silverware Achieved

Vanarama Conference Premier

FA Trophy

So 2 very good seasons, 2 clubs 2 league titles and 1 cup win,so we are well on our way to nailing this challenge their is along way to go but we are doing good.

Thanks for following guys and don't forget to leave a comment see you all in season 3..........

Great update! Sorta odd that Mansfield were lacking a manager in December whilst being 3rd isn't it? Their board must have ridiculous expectations.

Thanks FF, Yeah rather strange that they sacked their manager whilst being 3rd but the job was too good too turn down 

Looks like it's going to be a really fun career! That was a really good opportunity for a job change there! Surprised they sacked a manager for being 3rd.

I tried something similar in the past (before joining FMHvibe), instead of jumping ship to a better team, I stubbornly stayed. Got extremely frustrated in the end and gave up that save. That was pretty early on though, I should be at least better now, maybe I should try again

Cheers for the comments guys,if a better job becomes available for the challenge it is best to move on,I will be in league 2 next so if a bigger club with a better bunch of players becomes available then it makes sense to join that club as I need to finish off in England as soon as I can as I don't want to be stuck in the same league for 2-3 seasons as it then starts to become tedious 

Impossible Challenge

Season 3

So after a good 2 seasons it was time for season 3 and I felt if I could get some decent players into the club we could seriously mount a challenge for the title,and because we are in League 2 we now enter the race for the JP Trophy,from the back end of last season I changed my tactic and it really started to shine.

The Tactic

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-19-45.thumb.png

Im sure someone has already made a Tactic simular to this so apologies if someone has already released this,this Tactic really gives me something extra during my matches and time will tell if it serves me good in a harder league

Transfers

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-06-24.thumb.png

The Bull,The Beast,The Savage has landed at Mansfield Town!

Like last season I struggled to get top of the range players into the club but I am happy with the current squad and the additions to the club.

Capital One Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-06-55.thumb.png

So we took Middlesbrough to penaltys and in all honesty we where unlucky not to beat them.

Aproaching Christmas 

So after a few months we where doing good we where lying in 7th place then this happend.......

Screenshot_2015-10-22-13-10-31.thumb.png

So Plymouth approached me but we where above them by 7 points so I kindly declined,would that be a decision I would regret?

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-06-39.thumb.png

So we played a very good Burnley side and they where all over us and we never stood a chance

JPT 

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-07-21.thumb.png

What a fantastic result to beat a quality Dons team we got lucky with the red card and the disallowed goal but lady lucky was obviously a Mansfield supporter.

League 2

So we really needed the players to really preform this season as I wanted to win the league I didn't want to have to come back to the league.

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-07-29.thumb.png

Yes we have nailed the league winning by just 1 point!

In all honesty we where super lucky to win we didn't go top till the 45th game and won the title on the last game of the season

Player Stats

Screenshot_2015-10-22-19-08-17.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-22-19-08-24.thumb.png

So Mr Fisher grabs a whopping 59 goals he truly did carry the team and tore League 2 apart fantastic goal tally by that guy

So yet another successful season we got lucky at times but league 1 here we come.

But the question is will I still be at Mansfield............

Silverware Achieved 

Vanarama Conference 

FA Trophy

JPT 

League 2

So we have had a fantastic start to the Impossible Challenge as always thanks for following and don't forget to leave a comment and see you in season 4.....

Great season! The job offers are just flying through the door aren't they haha.. Fisher absolutely on fire. And great decision IMO turning down the Plymough offer - clearly have a good thing going at Mansfield!

Great season! The job offers are just flying through the door aren't they haha.. Fisher absolutely on fire. And great decision IMO turning down the Plymough offer - clearly have a good thing going at Mansfield!

Yeah was good to turn down the job but season 4 is horrific!

Really entertaining. As a newer member of Vibe its nice to be inspired by the saves of others ? good luck... ?

Im flattered that my save has inspired you,this is a challenge I have always wanted to do since joining Vibe last year but never had the courage to go for it,it is truly my favourite save to date 

Impossible Challenge 

Season 4

So after a very successful first 3 seasons season 4 in League 1 was always going to be difficult my main objective was to avoid relegation as the players I had where no were near good enough for League 1 as the likes of Peterborough,Swindon,MK  Dons and a few other quality teams where in this league so season 4 will be my toughest yet.

I was really hoping that their would be some managerial casualties at some good clubs soon so I could move on.

Transfers

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-06-40.thumb.png

I was a little disappointed that we couldn't bring anymore players into the club,their was some huge players that where available on frees players like Tevez,Malouda,Briand and a hat full more but the wages totally restricted me.

The most I could offer was £2.8K in weekly wages and that was pretty pathetic so season 4 is going to be a very long season with Mansfield.

So as the season unfolded I was really struggling due to the lack of players in 90% of my games the press always said "Mansfield Face The Impossible",and I was losing so many games but the managers started to leave and some got sacked I applied for jobs at Barnsley,Swindon,MK Dons & Colchester but I never job the jobs at this point I was really starting to worry as we where in trouble at the foot of the table our results looked like this

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-07-22.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-07-29.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-07-37.thumb.png

So we where really struggling and we where only a few points off the bottom 3 (how have you not been sacked or even bottom you ask I have no idea).

After the 2-2 draw with Swindon the Peterborough manager left so I applied for the job and this is where we sat in the league and where Peterborough sat in the table 

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-06-55.thumb.png

So we still stood a good chance of staying up we where conceding too many goals but we where still scoring a good amount of goals which could be the difference 

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-07-01.thumb.png

So Peterborough where occupying 2nd spot so I really wanted this job as surely we could win the league from that position? 

I then read through my messages could it be good news or just another "Mansfield Face The Impossible".......

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-06-26.thumb.png

Couldn't quite belive it they have single handedly gave me the trophy? I couldn't mess this up.

So after I accepted I then got this message

Screenshot_2015-10-23-00-08-24.thumb.png

Oh dear I'm appointed and then a board member steps down is that just a coincidence I think not.

So now all we had to do was to keep picking up points for the next 10+ games and the title is ours,I felt bad leaving a sinking ship but Mansfield Who?? ?

League 1

Screenshot_2015-10-23-11-53-56.thumb.png

CHAMPIONS!!

Well maybe I shouldn't cheer as most of the work was all ready done by the previous manager I feel like a have robbed the challenge with this one but Championship here we come

Silverware Achieved 

Vanarama Conference 

League 2

League 1

FA Trophy

JPT 

So season 4 comes to a end and we are now only 1 title away from the Premier League! 

As always thanks for following guys and don't forget to leave a comment

And also leave your thinking about me winning league 1 did I deserve it or was I super lucky

See you all next season 

Edited by leecutler