Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 "Impossible Challenge"(Completed)

leecutler

Impossible Challenge

Season 5

So season 5 has came around so quick at times we have had some great luck with both the Mansfield & Peterborough jobs but we are now in the Championship and this is where my managerial experiences will be tested this is where it starts to become hard we really need some good players to guide us to the greatest league in the world the "Premier League".

Transfers

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-33-47.thumb.png

So we brought in some fantastic players to the club and I decided to bring Alex Fisher to the Championship as we have been on a journey with this lad he really has banged the goals in the lower leagues but how would he fair in the Championship,we also had 2 regens so let's see how well we fair in the Championship. 

Capital One Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-34-13.thumb.png

So the draw certainly didn't favour us giving us a very hard home tie against a quality Southampton team it was a close game but Southampton where the more clinical so we are out straight away.

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-34-28.thumb.png

So up until the 78th minute we where on course for a upset thanks to a early goal from Alex Fisher but Man City turned on the style with 2 quick goals and sent us crashing out.

Championship 

So for most the the season we where hanging around the play off position so a change in formation was needed I switched to a 4-1-2-3 and we started to score more goals and started to go on a good run at most we where only 9 points from 1st place so I knew that with some good results it could go down to the wire......

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-34-40.thumb.png

CHAMPIONS!!!

Yet another fantastic season we have lifted the Championship title what a performance by the whole team.

Team Stats

Screenshot_2015-10-25-10-34-57.thumb.png

So Alex Fisher proves he has what it takes to play in the Championship scoring 30 goals not bad from a player from Mansfield Town.

Championship POTY 

Screenshot_2015-10-25-11-53-29.thumb.png

So we have won 5 trophies back to back we have had a fantastic start we have had luck along the way but sometimes you need a bit of luck,But the Premier league is up next and I reckon will take around 2-3 seasons to win the remaining League & Cups to move country.

Silverware Achieved 

Vanarama Conference North

Vanarama Conference Premier 

League 2

League 1

Championship

FA Trophy

JPT

So we have had a stormer start to the challenge and I have fell in love with the game and it's great to be back posting on the greatest FMH community out there

As always thanks for following and don't forget to leave a comment

See you all next season in the Premier League.......

Edited by leecutler

amazing work.KIU. Your going amazing

Thank you for the kind words, this is where it starts to get tough, I just want to avoid relegation and build from there even tho I have made my way up my rank is still regional so be really hard to get a top job 

Still can't believe Peterborough offered you the job!! It's the equivalent of united appointing McLaren!!! Lol. Well done though!!

They should be honoured that I took the job ??

Doing great Lee, one of my favourite challenges always gave up after a few seasons though 

Thanks Sam, I think if you can get past 2/3 seasons then it starts too get good,nothing worse that knowing it is 5 years before your in the prem,my first season in the prem will be posted tonight so look out for it guys 

Impossible Challenge

Season 6

So we are now at the business end we really need to have a good first season in the Premier League and avoid relegation we a really needed to strengthen drastically if we even stood a chance of staying up this season

The free market and the loan market is where we needed to exploit as transfer budget wise we where given less than £5M 

Transfers

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-06-11.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-27-21-06-15.thumb.png

So as you can see we brought some quality ageing players into the squad,the experience of Dzeko,Martinez,Hiquain & Gaitan would surely help us survive in our first season 

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-06-22.thumb.png

So only a few players left the team in truth I tried to sell alot of players but had no interest.

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-07-12.thumb.png

So we faced a average Villa team but we where unable to create many chances and Villa edged us in the cup sending us crashing out of the cup.

League Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-07-04.thumb.png

So we faced Man City in the Semi-Final and in leg 1 we managed to grind out a 1-1 draw so we where still in with a shout and after we went 3-1 up in the second leg I thought it was in the bag to reach the final but them defensively we fell apart.

Premier League

So over the course of the season we where doing well but defensively we where shocking my number 1 Goalkeeper conceded 60+ goals in all competions and that was horrendous many times over the course of the season I got a message about my Goalkeeper under performing so where would we finish in the greatest league in the world

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-07-19.thumb.png

So we had a fantastic season (well I think so),finished in the top 10 in our first season  all we can do is build on that,with my manager rank being only "regional" it will be tough for me to get a top job.

Team Stats

Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-07-54.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-27-21-08-00.thumb.png

So all in all we had a solid season we didn't win any trophies but I didn't expect to win anything season 6 was all about consolidating,in season 7 we really need to make the top 6 and make some good signings and aim for one of the cups

As always thanks for following guys and don't forget to leave a comment

See you all in season 7.......

Edited by leecutler

Nice job mate! You must be playing flat out right now haha

What trophies you got left to win in England? FA Cup Capital One, Prem?

I'm doing 1 season per day and posting that season the same day, yeah just prem FA Cup and capital One Cup left then I can leave England 

What an incredible forward line you have at Peterborough, the fans don't know how lucky they are.

Up the Posh!!

What a front 3 hey, I couldn't quite belive it when they all accepted I knew they wouldn't score loads of goals but was sure there experience would keep me up

Brilliant going imo :) 

Thanks for the kind words,Every season I have had to use a new formation as I start to get on a role then i start to lose a few so it's up and down but storming it really,I knew if I got to the prem it would take me at least 3 seasons to come close to competing for the title so let's see how the next 2 seasons go

ImpossibleChallenge

Season 7

So season 7 is upon us and after our 10th place finish we needed to try and make a play for a European place,I know so may think that is a hard thing to achieve but if we could bring in some decent players then it isn't out of our reach

We need to have a good season and aim for one of the cups,The league we had no chance of winning the top 4 teams have far superior teams and plenty of quality players for rotation, we need to consistently improve as we need the big money to make a play for the league title.

As what we didn't want to happen is being stuck in the a premier league as nothing more than a mid table team as that would be a drag and I would find it hard to move to a better job in a different country.

Transfers 

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-11-23.thumb.png

So we splashed the cash on Antonio Jukic,I belive him to be the Mario Madzuckic regens, and 3 other quality players brought into the club.

Although we where lacking in Defence I went for the attacking option and defence is what I was looking at strengthening next season.

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-11-28.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-28-11-11-33.thumb.png

So quite a few players left the club with the notable Alex Fisher leaving,he done fantastically well for me he is a lower league gem and really knows how to score.

Most of my other players that left where simply not good enough to stay and ran out of contract.

Capital One Cup 

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-11-54.thumb.png

So despite being in control for most of the game and Southampton not really causing us trouble we still managed to lose the game on penalties!

Premier League

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-12-03.thumb.png

So we had a fantastic season finishing in 5th place that is a great improvement from last season,in all honesty I was more happy with 5th than 4th as I have always found it hard to get into the Europe League and that is a trophy a need for the challenge,but to win that with Peterborough would be very hard indeed.

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-12-14.thumb.png

So after the Firmino brace I thought it was out of sight but we came back into the game to send it to penalties and we beat Arsenal on penalties.

What a fantastic result in only our 2nd season in the Premier League to win the FA Cup.

Team Stats

Screenshot_2015-10-28-11-12-57.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-28-11-13-01.thumb.png

Silverware Achieved 

Vanarama Conference Premier 

League 2

League 1

Championship 

FA Trophy 

JPT

FA Cup

So all in all we had a pretty decent season grabbing the FA Cup and getting into Europe so next season has to be a push to break into the top 4 or maybe even a new job

As always thanks for following guys and don't forget to leave a comment

See you guys in season 8......

Doing so well mate!!! 

I genuinely think your some sort of FMH God pal!

This kid hardly plays all year and smashes everything he does play

Too kind,I have been playing secretly for a while have been working hard on tactics for about 2 months 

Impossible Challenge 

Season 8

Transfers 

Screenshot_2015-10-29-06-10-39.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-29-06-10-43.thumb.png

So as you can see we brought in 3 new players and all 3 where defenders,from Midfield to Attack we really had acquired some quality players last season so we had a total new back line to really have a go at the title this season.

With all these quality players we could really give the top 4 teams a run for there money and have a good run in the Europe League and possibly win it.

Community Shield

Screenshot_2015-10-29-16-07-41.thumb.png

So a great win against a strong Man United team,not sure if the Community Shield is a trophy we have to win but it will be added to our silverware and to the challenge.

Europa League Group Stage

Screenshot_2015-10-29-00-01-48.thumb.png

So it was amazing to see Peterborough in Europe and we where handed a average group but we didn't finish top but we did qualify for the next phase as it's not how you start it's how you finish. 

Unlockable 

Screenshot_2015-10-29-06-08-16.thumb.png

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-29-17-05-37.thumb.png

So we had already won this Cup so losing was easier to take.

13 Games Remaining

Screenshot_2015-10-29-13-33-52.thumb.png

So with 13 games remaining we are only 6 points from top we really needed a good surge if we where to get close to winning the title so it was game on!

Capital One Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-29-13-49-08.thumb.png

So not even a Mane Hat Trick would stop us from lifting the cup,great performance from the lads!

Premier League

Screenshot_2015-10-29-15-57-42.thumb.png

CHAMPIONS!!

So the title race went down to the wire with us winning the title on the last game of the season!

Europa League

Screenshot_2015-10-29-16-05-20.thumb.png

So after Chelsea knocked us out of the cup we got our revenge in the Europe League Final with the help of 2 red cards and a disallowed goal!

Team Stats

Screenshot_2015-10-29-16-08-54.thumb.png

So Jukic! What a player! Our top goal scorer with 55 goals and he also claimed top assister so he was responsible for 72 goals what a player!

Silverware Achieved 

Vanarama Conference 

League 2

League 1

Championship 

Premier League 

FA Trophy 

JPT 

FA Cup

League Cup 

Community Shield

Europa League

So what a amazing season we have completed England we have won every available trophy there is to win it is now time to move to another country and demolish another country.

This has truly been my favourite save in the last 2 years and I am loving playing the game again.

As always thanks for following guys and see you in season 9.......

Edited by leecutler

Impossible Challenge 

Season 9 Part 1

So in our first 8 seasons we have risen through the ranks and made it too the the big time and we have dominated England and we have won all the leagues and all of the cups, tbh that is a fantastic achievement in just 8 seasons,We where with Peterborough from League 1 and took them to European success in around 4 years.

With England now complete there was nothing left in England for us but my manager rank is only continental so we wouldn't get a top 2 job it would be more like top 5 team, So I would stay at Peterborough for now.....

Transfers 

Screenshot_2015-10-29-20-37-57.thumb.png

So in season 9 we where given a huge amount of money but I also adjusted our budget to give us a huge kitty so we splashed the cash on some quality players.

Screenshot_2015-10-29-20-38-01.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-10-29-20-38-05.thumb.png

So all the players that left where players not worthy of a spot at the club

Community Shield 

Screenshot_2015-10-29-20-38-18.thumb.png

So we win back 2 back community Shields beating Man United on both occasions with the help of 2 red cards.

European Super Cup

Screenshot_2015-10-29-20-38-25.thumb.png

WOW! The best team in the world where no match for the Posh we dominated them from start to finish and lifting the Super Cup.

So we claimed a new Cup for the challenge and a few jobs started to appear and considering I had nothing to play for in England I didn't see much point staying at Peterborough......

Screenshot_2015-10-29-20-36-44.thumb.png

TO BE CONTINUED..............

Absolutely incredible stuff, I take my hat off to you just for having the perseverance to stick with a save for that long!! Shame we don't see promoted teams winning the first division within 3 seasons, IRL these days...