Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 My Story In Amsterdam - A Zivkovic 1KC

halamadrid

Day 1

June 27 2014

There I was,crouched on my bed,I couldn't focus on what I was doing at the moment,I stared numbly,I pinched myself a couple of times,hoping that it wasn't just a dream that I would wake up of,and just as I speculated,everything that happened was ,... indeed real.

So what happened this very day?

You see,I was once a very famous player playing for the Netherlands,the name's Hala Madrid,but that's not your main concern,the thing is,I picked up a career ending injury at the age of 28.At that moment,I felt depressed.I mean,I couldn't survive without playing the game,things just felt,well,... different.

3 years later,I was strolling through downtown,when I bumped into this man,he had a tall and muscular figure,and his head was shaved completely,to be frank he looks like one of those local gangsters,but when he spoke,I felt his kindness and when he took a good look at me,and said: 'Aren't you that Dutch soccer player?' Immediately I knew he was an English lad by listening to his accent.I nodded,he went silent for a while but then he started talking,he told me to take coaching lessons to become a professional manager,he then gave me a card,on it states:

Harry Keane

President of The English Football Coaching Association (EFCA)

'Wow' I mumbled in astonishment,amazed by how high his role is in football.

'Apply for the course,it's affordable yet highly reliable,go....' the man named Harry Keane urged me.

I hesitated.I mean,this could be my one-way ticket to get back into that game,years after my traumatizing injury,but I don't know,.... I have my own family,I have a newborn,I just can't leave them for the sake of my career....That would be selfish -- I thought to myself,dreading the thoughts of managing football teams.

However,the irresistible urge caused me to make a frantic decision,I immediately accepted his invitation and arranged and he arranged an appointment for me. 'Monday morning,meet me at the lounge bar.Don't be late.' was the last thing he said to me before leaving.

What happened that Monday morning,changed my entire life......

To Be Continued....

Edited by halamadrid

That Monday morning,I woke up very early and immediately got dressed and darted into my car,heading to the nearby lounge bar.

I walked into the bar,my eyes surveying the area but there was no sign of that man named Harry. Without any alternatives,I decided to leave,but just as I stepped foot out of the place,I noticed him outside,the man named Harry I was talking about,he saw me too and there was this other guy beside him,the man looked vaguely familiar,and I realized at once,he was Ajax's manager,.....Frank De Boer.

I looked surprisingly at him,with my eyes fixed on him,Harry then explained to me,'You see,Frank will see out the rest of his contract in the end of the 2013/14 season.Therefore,I was wondering if you could be his replacement,that's if you're interested.'

I was dumbfounded.

'Me?' I asked.

'Well,why not?' replied Harry.' I've watched you during your playing days and you were a energetic leader on and off the pitch,you had the perfect mentality and I believe,if you work very hard,you'll earn your coaching license in no time,'

'But.......' I couldn't finished and Harry cut in,'This is your one and only chance to get back into the game,you can be a very talented manager,believe me.'

Well,what choice did I have? If I rejected I would have disappoint both of them,

So I did what I have to do....

Edited by halamadrid

Back stories, hmmm... I should do this every career I have

Basically I'm just Trying to make my career different than the others but thanks ;) 

Edited by halamadrid

You didn't thought it was that straightforward,did you?

No,it's still a long story...

After what I heard from Mr. Harry Keane,I smelled something fishy about this entire matter,he must've known how I felt and he immediately brought me inside the bar along with Frank to explain about the matter.

'Look.I know you must feel strange about this,but the thing is,...you have the managerial abilities of your father,' Harry said.

My father?

Yeah he's a world renowned manager,former 3 time UEFA Champions League winner with Ajax.

His name?

Haha Madrid it is,haha.....!!

Look,I'm serious.My dad managed clubs like Ajax,Chelsea,bla bla bla.....

Long story short,ok?

Harry wanted me because he knew my dad very well,after my father's retirement from management he personally told Harry to get me a job,but why Ajax? Because I was in the team and I had a good chemistry with the players there.That's it?

Apparently,Harry heard of Frank's situation and went to Holland to attend a conference meeting,but coincidentally bumped into me and.....

I've explained enough,if I continue blabbering this would be a very long story and nobody wants that,so....

.... I reluctantly agreed to his terms,and my first coaching lesson will be on Saturday morning,my tutor would be a Dutchman named Edgar Davis(familiar eh?)

I met with Edgar on Saturday and we chatted happily,but duty calls and by duty I mean starting a course that would take an entire 2 years to complete.

Along these two years,Edgar and some other coaches taught me the basics of tactics,transfers and a lot of other stuff managers need to know,and with the blink of an eye the 2 years had passed and I was waiting for the results of my managerial evaluation.

One week after my evaluation,I got the results..

'I HAVE YOUR COACHING BADGE,YOU'RE NOW A PROFESSIONAL MANAGER!'    Edgar called me and announced.

I couldn't believe it. 5 years ago I was a retired footballer,now I'm back in the game at the age of 33 as a manager,it just seems too good to be true,maybe it is....

I spent my next few months attending Eredivisie matches to analyse teams and matches to further improve my tactical knowledge,hoping to use it to my advantage when I take charge of Ajax.

I couldn't sleep,tomorrow's the big day,I'll be meeting up with the squad for the first time,that's why I'm writing this journal,I need to note down everything that will happen in my reign as the manager of Ajax.

The next day,I woke up early in the morning and I saw this headline on my morning newspaper:

Screenshot_2015-10-29-14-19-58-31.thumb.

Edited by halamadrid

Just read through this, really well written and very catching. One thing though, Koeman left Ajax in 2005, not 2014. If you were succeeding him you'd be at Feyenoord

Just read through this, really well written and very catching. One thing though, Koeman left Ajax in 2005, not 2014. If you were succeeding him you'd be at Feyenoord

Sorry didn't noticed that,edited to Frank De Boer,thanks mate ;) 

I arrived at the Amsterdam Arena,and soon I was surrounded by photographers and reporters,I had to force my way into the arena while my agent had to block the onrushing people.

As I just stepped foot into the arena,I was amazed by how big a stadium it was,and was greeted by the club chairman,Mr. Chris David,who noticed my arrival.

Then came a man who I thought look familiar,when I took a closer look at him I realized he was none other than my former teammate,Tomas Galasek,who I wanted to be my assistant manager.The staff greeted me warmly and introduced me to the state of the art facilities there and also more importantly,.... The players.

I held my first training session later that day,and got to know more about the players personally,as I'm very good at interacting with people,but it's not going to be as simple as that throughout this season.

The players there,from what I know,were very cooperative and had chemistry between them. From my perspective,I believe I can bond very well with the team.

But first things first.....

Edited by halamadrid

Pre Season 2014/15

Board Expectations

The day after I arrived,the Chairman called me into his office.

'I hope that you can challenge for the domestic title with the money I provided you,'

'Sure thing,Boss.'

'You have £14m in the bank,I hope you can put it to good use,'

'I will,'

'And also,I hope you can achieve success in Europe too,'

'I will try my best with the team,'

'Have you got everything clear enough or do I have to recap?'

'I got the message,Boss.If there isn't anything else,I want to get back to training.'

Transfer Report

When I first analysed my team I was very pleased to see the amount of talented youngsters our academy produced and perhaps that's why Ajax's academy is the best in Holland.

I discovered that the team only has one decent goalkeeper,which was Jasper Cillessen,however I did found a backup for him in the second team with the name of Peter Leeuwenburgh,who was 20 at that time.The other keeper there,Drederick Boer,was already 33,so I released him.

In contrast,our defence looked solid with the likes of Joel Veltman,Nicolai Boilesen and Ricardo Van Rhijn,the only reinforcement was this particular gem from Chivas Guadalajara who only cost me £1.8m. Cheap & reliable .

Screenshot_2015-10-29-14-22-35-13.thumb.

Plenty of things was needed to be done to beef up our flimsy midfield.Some surprise sales are Ricardo Kishna moving to Monaco for £5.75m,Thulani Serero moving to Real Sociedad for £7.25m and Anwar El Ghazi moving to PSV in a part-exchange deal (shocking :O )

Who did I got in exchange for Anwar El Ghazi?

Well,.... Ladies and gentlemen give it up for Georginio Wijnaldum.....!!

The price? Oh,just a cool £8.5m!

I also sold Lerin Duarte to Genoa for £2.5m,while I did managed to get loanee Niki Zimling on a permanent from SV Mainz 05 for a reasonable £3.8m,the other coming in is Marko Vejinovic from Vitesse Arnhem for £2.7m.

Upfront,I sold Icelandic international Kolbeinn Sigthorsson to Blackburn for a fee of £3.5m.And that's it....

Friendlies

My assistant(let's just call him Tomas,shall we?) walked in and gave me a sheet of paper showing the preseason friendlies we'll be playing.

SC Cambuur  18th July

AFC                1st August

Dutch Super Cup

How did the match turned out to be?

Pretty much one-sided if you ask me,we swept past PEC Zwolle with a scoreline of 4-0,with Zivkovic scoring 2,Schone and Klaasen also scored.

Richairo Zivkovic

Screenshot_2015-10-29-14-20-14-84.thumb.

When I first arrived,I saw this young lad working very hard in training,I then spoke to him personally,he admitted he was a kind of player that loves to score goals and he hopes to break the most amount of goals scored in the Eredivisie.

I said,'Look son,if you want to score goals and break records,you must keep your discipline and stay fit,'

'and about the talk on breaking records,why don't you go for a 1000 goals,eh?'

A Phone call from England

'Hala,it's me,Harry.How's things going?'

'Pretty good,'

'Have you met the players yet?'

'I already had.They welcomed me and were pretty friendly.'

' I'll be in Holland to see you play your first league game,see if you can prove doubters wrong,ok?'

'Sure.Yeah.It'll be cool.'

'Look I'm a bit busy right now.Will call you when I'm free.Bye.'

Edited by halamadrid

Season 1 Review

download.thumb.png.a8190c913127a9e06dffe

January Transfers

January was the month that saw a few departures and some crucial recruitments.

Stefano Denswil and Viktor Fischer were the rather surprising sales with them moving to Monaco for £10.25m and Florentine for £8m respectively.Ricardo Van Rhijn also left for Anfield for £5.5m.

Did I put the income gained from their sales to good use?

You bet I did! I bought Mexican superstar Jesus Corona from Twente for £10m,there were two reinforcements in the defence with Alexander Buttner and Timothy Fosu Mensah arriving from Dynamo Moscow and Manchester United respectively.Last but not least,I snapped up Ukrainian midfielder Denys Garmash from Dynamo Kyiv for £1.9m.

Season Summary

At the end of October,I found myself in a situation where I was supposed to be sacked,and only one game could decide my fate and guess what? I win the game 5-0 with Zivkovic scoring a hat trick and it was against Twente!

After a bad start to the league season,we really hit the ground running with some crucial victories and at January,we were genuine contenders for the prestigious title.

And after that,we never looked back by winning game after game after game....

This was how it ended...

Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-43-41-66.thumb.

We won the league by a tight margin.

images.thumb.jpg.18e3df46d954d3d274370a7

The Lads celebrating after scoring a goal

So,with the league and Super Cup sealed,you might as well thought we were going to achieve success in Europe too,sadly not,we bailed out from the group stage gaining only 1 point,resulting in automatic elimination from all European competitions,our performance was pathetic including the 6-1 home defeat by Porto adds salt to the wound,but what can you expect? It would be a miracle to even reach the Round of 16 considering Netherlands is not good as the other big countries.

What about the KNVB Cup? Well,the thing is,....we got knocked out of the Second round.Embarrassing,however it was on penalties to AZ Alkmaar,so nobody can blame us to be fair.

Richairo Zivkovic

How did the young lad done?

Well,only the results can tell....

Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-43-30-03.thumb.Not bad for his first season..

Player Stats

Most Goals > Zivkovic - 42 goals

Schone - 7 goals

Most Assists > Schone - 23 assists

Garmash - 10 assists

Most POM Awards > Zivkovic - 11

Schone - 5

Highest Average Rating > Garmash - 8.35

Zivkovic - 7.83

Hala Madrid

Screenshot_2015-10-31-20-48-57-27.thumb.

To be honest I done pleasingly well if I do say so myself :P

Some Other Stuff

Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-46-57-29.thumb.Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-34-33-22.thumb.Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-47-00-52.thumb.

What do you guys think of my career so far?

Do comment below :)

Halamadrid ®

Edited by halamadrid

This is what is good about FMH, you can do things totally different to someone else . You have sold every single player I love using when I play as Ajax. 

Good luck in your journey b

This is what is good about FMH, you can do things totally different to someone else . You have sold every single player I love using when I play as Ajax. 

Good luck in your journey b

thanks @billy2shots :D

Pre-Season 2015/16

download.thumb.png.e42c9c0be9fee16798790

Board Expectations

Considering the success we had domestically last season,the board expected us to achieve success in all competitions and gave us a mouth watering £30m to spend.

Transfer Report

With the money we had,I decided to add steel to our defence by signing Virgil Van Dijk from Celtic for £7m.The other signing was Matej Vydra from Udinese brought in as backup for Richairo Zivkovic.And yes,I said 'other',we only sealed two signings in the summer,great....

images.thumb.jpg.56e54dfc9d15634c4abbcb6

Yes,you'll stop playing for Celtic,you're at Ajax now...

The departures on the other hand,were as expected,with Mike Van der Hoorn,Ruben Ligeon and Niki Zimling moving to Twente,Utrecht and Feyenoord respectively.

You might think that this was a boring transfer period,well I'll tell you isn't.

After Zivkovic's superb performances last season,he attracted many big clubs and in May he told everyone this:

Screenshot_2015-10-29-19-44-45-95.thumb.

In the end....

Screenshot_2015-10-30-16-18-54-22.thumb.Still a loyal Ajax player,he might have known how I would treat him the day before he makes a move to a bigger club,which didn't happened fortunately :)

Friendlies

Dordrecht   15th July

FC Oss       1st August

FYI Tomas is still my assistant and he's doing a great job ;)

Dutch Super Cup

Well well well... Considering the fact I said 'well' so many times you must've known what I meant(most probably not) another weak team in this fixture and I could be set to win the second in a row of my managerial reign,but I must've underestimated our opponents,Heerenveen,as our results shows completely that.

Screenshot_2015-10-30-06-18-02-42.thumb.I was just kidding,we beat them easily :P

What Do You Know?

Believe it or not,Mr.Harry Keane is vying for the spot of FIFA President.

I use Klaasen as a goalkeeper sometimes when I'm leading by a huge margin.

Nuff said,my journal is having so much space occupied I can't afford to write any longer.

See you next time,Adios !!

Halamadrid ®

Season 2 Review

download.png.42e80b946d2b093f578f2efef55

Here I am writing this journal for only the second time this season,considering the fact that it has been left in the dust for far too long,I'm doing a quite detailed write up to compensate for abandoning my journal for a period of time(i know it's not alive :unamused: )

January Transfers

Nothing really happened in the Winter transfer window except for one particular signing...

Which is a bit surprising but here's the lad...

Surprises,Surprises...

PATRICK ROBERTSScreenshot_2015-10-31-14-25-11-90.thumb.

An English lad in Holland?Somewhat unexpected but as expected,anything can happen,we really needed a major reinforcement in the attacking department and Roberts met our criteria so yes, an English player plying his trade in the Netherlands.

How much did he cost? Just a mere £8.25m .

The catch? We'll be letting benchwarmer Kenny Tete go to Craven Cottage,how sad...

Season Summary

To be honest with you,our season wasn't how we wanted it to be,with our performances being topsy-turvy throughout the campaign.

It all started with a defeat to AZ Alkmaar in the league opener and a shock defeat to Go Ahead Eagles condemned us to a state where a win is more important than anything.We did just that by beating Twente and thus kickstarting our season.Even though we did won some crucial games along the way,we couldn't picked up maximum points against more easier teams and at the same time rivals Feyenoord Rotterdam were flying high in the league so at the end it was how it was supposed to be.

Screenshot_2015-10-31-20-47-17-38.thumb.

The Dutch Cup was a smoother ride as we strolled past the lower sides until we reached the quarterfinals,where our cup run was finally ended as we were knocked out by Go Ahead Eagles 1-0 (seriously,again?!).After that,I put Go Ahead into my bad book :D .

images.jpg.2f04cf3cdf2b90271d23c33dd8087

They are currently on my revenge just right now...

Although I couldn't call our European campaign this term a success,it was much better compared to last season,as we were eliminated from the group stage but managed to get a spot in the Round of 32 of the Europa League.We'd beaten Galatasaray and Sporting Lisbon until we bailed out 5-1 on aggregate in the quarterfinals to German giants Borussia Dortmund.

1KC With Richairo Zivkovic

The young hitman was a deadly presence upfront,striking fear into the defense's hearts of every team in the league.But what's said is easier than done,he'll have to prove how the media described him by finding the net consistently,can he walk the talk? Let's see...

Screenshot_2015-10-31-20-46-33-43.thumb.

Player Stats

The players were pretty consistent too,some players whose performances caught my eye got picked as my standout players of the season.

Most notably,in goalscoring terms,young Zivkovic was the best of the lot.Virgil Van Dijk provided sturdy performances leading the backline while Lasse Schone and Lucas Andersen were the best playmakers this season,with 31 assists between them.

Season 2 Stats

Most Goals

1.Richairo Zivkovic - 47

2.Lasse Schone - 9

Most Assists

1.Lucas Andersen - 17

2.Lasse Schone - 14

Most POMs

1.Richairo Zivkovic - 11

2.Lasse Schone - 6

Highest Average Rating

1.Richairo Zivkovic - 8.11

2.Virgil Van Dijk - 7.66

Overall Stats

Most Goals > Richairo Zivkovic - 89

Most Assists > Lasse Schone - 37

The Trophy Shelf

Eredivisie 2014/15

Dutch Super Cup 2014/15,2015/16

I have to admit,this shelf looks a bit incomplete :(

Some Other Stuff

Mr. Harry Keane wasn't elected as the FIFA President,but he did secured a spot as Chief Secretary.

Some awards Zivkovic achieved,he's only 19,but he has a lot of medals in his mansion...

Screenshot_2015-10-31-21-02-46-48.thumb.

Screenshot_2015-10-31-20-10-08-89.thumb.

Can Zivkovic reach 1000 goals,can European success be brought back to Amsterdam?

Do comment below please :)

Halamadrid ®

Edited by halamadrid
4 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Not in the way it's going. If I do my math, I'd say for 1000 you need 57 every season

But maybe if he can score 70 goals or more in the next few season? Then he might just use 14 season to finish it

Edited by Devil 03

Zivkovic is 21 in the game , let's assume he plays 10 years without a major injury at his prime, he's got 99 goals atm , he needs 901 more in ten years it's pretty safe to assume he's not gonna get a 1000 goals unless a miracle happens.

Just caught up, nice going mate. 

As for the 1kc he has plenty of time and an easy 15 odd seasons in him. 901/15 = 61. 

If he improves his scoring to around 60, breaks 60 when he's older and does decent at ITN level there is no reason (outside of injury etc) why he can't hit the 1k.