Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Rovers Return

liam1872

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

A really solid season and those signings were massive! 

Bring on Europe! 

Cheers! Hopefully get somewhere in Europe:D

1 hour ago, Matto687 said:

Good series here

GL!

Cheers mate!

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Is the focus on the league or Europe? Or are just going for both? :P 

Hopefully able to balance the two and get both a good finish in the league and a good run in Europe:P! Since it's not Champions League however, if I have to prioritise it will be Premier League > Europa League:unamused:

Apologies for the lack of updates lately, have played ahead and will update whenever I get the chance. Busy period at the moment with uni work, hoping to get the next one out tomorrow (Saturday 14th).

And in light of recent events in Paris, to any of those with French relatives or anyone who has any connection, my thoughts are with you and with France tonight. 

#PrayForParis

THE ROVERS RETURN

SEASON 4

Season Expectation: Qualify For Europe

Transfer Budget: £17,500,000

Wage Budget: £509,000

Current Wage Total: £413,000

TRANSFERS

OUT

Spoiler

RP6gTwa.jpg

After spending a lot of his time at the club injured, Yaser Kasim left the club on a free transfer. Conor Mahoney would again spend the season out on loan, this time at newly relegated West Ham. Yann Songo'o left the club for Middlesbrough for £1.3M and was followed out the door by Yassin Ayoub who would be heading to Espanyol for £7.5M.

Now to the big, surprising departure. After a very good start to the season in which Davie Selke score 20 goals in as many games in all competitions, Chelsea came calling, and triggered his big club release clause. Unfortunately I had completely forgotten about putting in this clause and before I realised, it was too late and he was heading out the exit door for £18.75M :(.

IN

Spoiler

IfyU3bb.jpg

The first arrival at the club was the signing of Danish winger Viktor Fischer from Ajax for FREE after he had agreed a pre-contract in January. Young midfielder Shaun Newell arrived from Chesterfield for £4M and was closely followed by Jonathan Tah who came in for £9M. Paulo Dybala joined the club from Palermo for £8.75M and Gabriel Barbosa came in for £7M + the flop that was Andreas Cornelius. Big spending for a big season.

NEW SIGNINGS PROFILES

VIKTOR FISCHER

Spoiler

J2gDlJY.jpg

SHAUN NEWELL

Spoiler

0B76Tz8.jpg

JONATHAN TAH

Spoiler

JIMbpaK.jpg

PAULO DYBALA

Spoiler

rrTYE1z.jpg

GABRIEL BARBOSA

Spoiler

CusUuWa.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Barclays Premier League

LEAGUE TABLE

Spoiler

Snxnk6q.jpg

The board wanted Europe, and we gave them Europe. Of course the loss of Selke hit us hard however several players stepped up the plate as we kept up our early season form and finished in the top 4!

Champions League awaits us for next season, however we were still some way off the top two..

PLAYER STATS

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

jc7LarM.jpg

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

kL5Upxd.jpg

Community Shield

Spoiler

Qj5p5an.jpg

After winning the FA Cup last time out we would be playing in the Community Shield this season against Manchester United, and we would come out on top after the game went to penalties. Selke put us infront before Asamoah equalised with 15 minutes to go, straight to penalties it went as we won 7-6.

FA Cup

Spoiler

dXyScOF.jpg

No FA Cup glory this season as we were knocked out by Everton very early on after a thoroughly disappointing performance.

Capital One Cup

Spoiler

p3UwRVo.jpg

Quarter Final exit to Watford after Troy Deeney's 86th minute equaliser took the game to extra time and penalties. Despite overcoming Manchester United on penalties earlier in the season we could not do the same to Watford.

Europa League

GROUP STAGE

Spoiler

l874onX.jpg

A tight group saw us edge through after finishing level on points with Fenerbahce but having a better goal difference.

1ST ROUND

Spoiler

fS4W16b.jpg

First leg draw away from home put us in a nice position to progress against Lyon and when they came to Ewood Park we showed our class and won the game 3-0 and the tie 4-1.

2ND ROUND

Spoiler

DiJDEGI.jpg

Rosenborg were our opposition in the 2nd round and being favourites going into the tie, we delivered. A 1-0 win in Rosenborg followed by another 3-0 win at Ewood Park meant we would progress to the Quarter Finals with a 4-0 aggregate win.

QUARTER FINAL

Spoiler

e9Alo9n.jpg

A 3-2 win in Moscow made us favourites to qualify going into the second leg at Ewood Park but we didnt want to take that for granted. A complete domination of Spartak in the second leg saw us win comfortably 4-0 and 7-2 on aggregate, Ewood Park was becoming a fortress again.

SEMI FINAL

Spoiler

N8pEkx1.jpg

From one Russian side to another, and arguably the best Russian side there is, Zenit. Despite putting up a great fight we couldnt break through the Zenit backline and lost both legs 1-0, meaning we were out of the Europa League at the semi final stage after a 2-0 aggregate defeat to Zenit.

SEASON PREVIEW - 2018/19

Again we have been set the task of delivering European football for next season and we are hoping this can be an expectation we can conquer easily. More money to spend will only make the team stronger and who knows, maybe we can push for more..

AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING, AND I WILL SEE YOU ALL SOON:D

5 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Some great replacements there mate, solid season all in all, go for gold next season I reckon lol keep it up! :)

Cheers mate! Lets hope so ;)

Edited by liam1872

You keep blowing me away with these transfers! Massive business IMO! I've not touched FMH in a while but this career is really tempting me to pick it back up! 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

You keep blowing me away with these transfers! Massive business IMO! I've not touched FMH in a while but this career is really tempting me to pick it back up! 

Cheers Ash:D!! Should give it a go, who knows when we will see FMM16

GIVEN THE RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT FMM16 WILL BE RELEASED THIS WEEK, I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO UPDATE THIS CAREER ANY FURTHER AND THEREFORE THIS WILL BE THE END:unamused:

WE DIDNT QUITE MANAGE TO GET ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP, HOWEVER WE STILL MANAGED A TOP 4 FINISH WHICH PUT US INTO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SEASON 5.

ALL IN ALL I CALL THIS CAREER A SUCCESS AND I HOPE IT HAS KEPT YOU ENTERTAINED:D

As always, thanks for reading and I will see you all for FMM16 very soon:D