Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Pathetic

billy2shots

Yeah it happens alot IRL but this happens to me like once every 3 games which is a load of rubbish I had a game where I had 20 shots on target and scored 2 goals they had 4 shots 3 on target and 2 goals.

Yes it happens IRL but not as frequent 

But a real life Vs FMH test would maybe be a good call to see how the 2 compare 

Edited by leecutler

UK, would you consider Bayern Munich a world class team especially with them being so overpowered in Germany. 

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/37/Statistics/Germany-Bayern-Munich

They are conceding 6.7 shots a game. Pretty sure they are not conceding 3-4 goals a game because almost every chance is an easy chance. 

In the league they are averaging 8.3 shots on target per game. They are SCORING an average of 3 goals per game. 

That is what you would expect of world class players. Less than 3 shots on target per goal. 

The problem as I have said before is we have far too many shots on target in FMH. If we scored with every 3 (when we are world class teams) the score lines would be ridiculous so the AI has no choice but to employ super keepers or donkey forwards. 

The solution is for the game to allow less shots on target/more shots off target. 

Edited by billy2shots

the less we look into the stats the better I'd say. Use them as a guide but I wouldn't go as far as saying is game breaking and the game making it harder to score to level it out, it is just how the game works irl football is unpredictable so anything can happen and I feel they have it nearly spot on in that respect

The game stopped being fun for me and I stopped playing. 14 was bad, 15 sucked. If I didn't know better (I don't) I'd be saying that sometimes you're playing against the forces of God. You could play the first 10 matches of a season 1000 times, trying out 10 different formations. You'll still get completely random results, with the ai most likely coming out on top. I don't know if it was laziness, or the inability to make a realistic footy manager sim without using artificial difficulty (not actually difficult, just turning the odds against for no statistical reason), but I felt massively let down by si for the past two years. And that's just one side of my argument. Let's not forget that 14 and 15 were infested with bugs, to the point where there were prolonged periods of both games where we couldn't play properly, that's a product we paid for that we couldn't use as intended. Afaik there was no apology for that, I even remember one of the devs on here disputing a major bug that many of us had provided more than enough evidence for, being the paying (not paid) beta testers that we are. 

As far as I'm concerned, they've screwed up big time, for two years running, alienating some of the games biggest fans. Of course I'll buy 16, I've been supporting the series for a decade now, but I don't have high hopes. Hopefully I'll be able to write a good review for it, wether that's because we have a good game or because I was sent a free steam code for fm16 to do so (not even joking, my opinion can be bought), as long as it's one or the other then I'm happy.

edit: formatting like we're on reddit...

Edited by Lee-Roy

Anyone find OME too high scoring?

I mean, in my Southampton save (2nd season) i lost to Barca 5 6 away,(went through by away goals) and 3rd season won liverpool 6 0, united and chelsea 3 0. 

Today I experienced "wonderful" match incident, sorry, but it is on OME and I cannot post approval here (.pkm file)

The minute is 90th, my team (Barca) is leading 1:0 at Alcorcon

Highlight comes:

their player passes back to GK from the middle of the pitch and their GK misses the ball - own goal

Commentary says something like "He puts it behind his own keeper!!!'

OK, it should be 2:0, no?

Next commentary is "Goal for Alcorcon!!!" :O

And the score is now 1:1, I lost 2 points because of this stupid bug

This sh..t is simply pathetic, I paid quite a lot of money for this buggy crap...

I am waiting to FM Touch 16 and not sure that I will buy FMM 16 at all

On 11/15/2015, 6:23:11, Lee-Roy said:

The game stopped being fun for me and I stopped playing. 14 was bad, 15 sucked. If I didn't know better (I don't) I'd be saying that sometimes you're playing against the forces of God. You could play the first 10 matches of a season 1000 times, trying out 10 different formations. You'll still get completely random results, with the ai most likely coming out on top. I don't know if it was laziness, or the inability to make a realistic footy manager sim without using artificial difficulty (not actually difficult, just turning the odds against for no statistical reason), but I felt massively let down by si for the past two years. And that's just one side of my argument. Let's not forget that 14 and 15 were infested with bugs, to the point where there were prolonged periods of both games where we couldn't play properly, that's a product we paid for that we couldn't use as intended. Afaik there was no apology for that, I even remember one of the devs on here disputing a major bug that many of us had provided more than enough evidence for, being the paying (not paid) beta testers that we are. 

As far as I'm concerned, they've screwed up big time, for two years running, alienating some of the games biggest fans. Of course I'll buy 16, I've been supporting the series for a decade now, but I don't have high hopes. Hopefully I'll be able to write a good review for it, wether that's because we have a good game or because I was sent a free steam code for fm16 to do so (not even joking, my opinion can be bought), as long as it's one or the other then I'm happy.

edit: formatting like we're on reddit...

Agree with you, AI is cheating and this will probably stop me to play the series

I consider to switch to FMT 16, I even will buy tablet for it, I tried (at home PC) FMC 15, played 5 times with Barca against Elche and it was something like 5:0, 7:1, 4:0 etc. each time - and it should be like this!

AI does not cheat, that's a bug where in the ome where your goal is offside and then the engine skips the next highlight which in your case was a goal for the opposition.

1 hour ago, hardikchawla6 said:

AI does not cheat, that's a bug where in the ome where your goal is offside and then the engine skips the next highlight which in your case was a goal for the opposition.

if it's a bug it should happen to both competing teams as far as im aware

For me personally the overriding point besides the unfixed bugs is that the AI is not fit for purpose. 

The AI is not cheating it is just doing its job very very badly. Once it realises the human player is of a decent standard it needs to evolve rather than keep everything the same but with wildly different results. 

For example, after 20 games if I am averaging 20 shots on target and my striker is on 40 goals the AI has to do something. So it does. 

Unfortunately in the next 20 games it still allows my 20 shots on target per game and my striker still getting most of them. However in this 20 games my striker has now gone from Pele to a Sunday league player. The goals still come but those 3 and 4 goal games are now 1s and 2s. 

The outcome is my striker finishes on 80 goals a season rather than 120-140. 

The AI did its job of keeping things more realistic and harder for the human but it did it in a very crude way. Ideally I would have wanted to see less shots on target from my team. Either increase the amount of shots off target or limit the total number of shots. Just don't keep everything the bloody same except the goal count, that just annoys people. 

For what it's worth I would rather not score 120-140 goals a season because that would be completly ridicules. The problem is the game allows too many shots on target. It can't let you score a fair percentage because that would allow hugely unrealistic results. 

i have said from the first week of FMH15, SI need to choose. Limit the amount of shots on goal or allow more goals. They have chosen to do neither. Maybe they are unable to code that. 

Wait for this weekends Premiership games and you will see plenty of games showing teams with 10-20 shots on goal. Only 5 or 6 will be on target out of the total shots. That's where reality and FMH differ so much which in turn leads to player frustration. I guarantee the average shots on target taking into account every Premiership team this weekend will be less than 6. A huge difference to 15-20 on FMH15 that I'm seeing. 

2 hours ago, hardikchawla6 said:

I didn't understand you, sorry...

1. In case of own goal (from the middle of the pitch!) there is not such thing as offside, isn't it?

2. OK, let's say it was offside somehow and engine skips the next highlight which was a goal for the opposition.

What is the chance that the goal was scored by same right back (not striker!) that was an author of "disallowed" own goal

BTW, I didn't see own goals in OME at all (definitely bug!) and was very surprised with this happened and it looks like the OME thought:

"Wait! There is no such thing as own goal in OME, let's disallow it... No, let's count it as AI goal !"

Pathetic...

Own goals are rare in the ome as they are in real life if you looked at all the bpl fixtures this weekend there maybe one or two own goals at absolute maximum they are a rare occurrence (unless you play Chelsea)

The ome is bugged and frustrating and I get that the ai has to adapt to make it more challenging but please don't turn my Suarez newgen into Barry from down the road.. the game all depends on the quality of your players and there's I guess.

16 hours ago, Nath said:

Own goals are rare in the ome as they are in real life if you looked at all the bpl fixtures this weekend there maybe one or two own goals at absolute maximum they are a rare occurrence (unless you play Chelsea)

The ome is bugged and frustrating and I get that the ai has to adapt to make it more challenging but please don't turn my Suarez newgen into Barry from down the road.. the game all depends on the quality of your players and there's I guess.

" Own goals are rare in the ome as they are in real life "

Seriously? I didn't see ANY own goal in FMH 2015 OME, at least in matches controlled by me

May be my game is broken?

No, I think my game is simply buggy...

On 17 November 2015 13:01:09, Ashez said:

That engine is two years old and still bugged, isn't that the point in all this?

Sure, the engine is bugged along with all the other bugs we've seen over the last couple of years. But I think the ai and its artificial difficulty is a seperate issue to that. Just throwing us curveballs that aren't based on stats, tactics or general skill at the game because it makes it look like there's more depth to the game than there actually is. Of course there's always a degree of luck to a football match, but I think the odds are stacked against us a lot of the time.

14 hours ago, Nath said:

There isn't an own goal in every single football match is there? @oleg8979

I understand that own goals are quite rare...

But - every single club suffers from this at least once in 5-7 seasons, no?

What I am trying to say that I played 50+ seasons in FMH15 OME and didn't see even single own goal

Is this realistic?

It seems like you are trying to defend the game :D

On 17 November 2015 at 13:37:32, billy2shots said:

i have said from the first week of FMH15, SI need to choose. Limit the amount of shots on goal or allow more goals. They have chosen to do neither. Maybe they are unable to c

Wait for this weekends Premiership games and you will see plenty of games showing teams with 10-20 shots on goal. Only 5 or 6 will be on target out of the total shots. That's where reality and FMH differ so much which in turn leads to player frustration. I guarantee the average shots on target taking into account every Premiership team this weekend will be less than 6. A huge difference to 15-20 on FMH15 that I'm seeing. 

Just coming back to this. 

So with Saturday all done and dusted a quick look at the Premiership Stats shows us that there was a total of 72 shots on target. From those 72 shots on target, 24 goals were scored. 

You don't have to be Carol Vorderman to work out that means a goal was scored from every 3 shots on target. 

Interestingly that is the exact number of an earlier example I gave to UkFootballScore in which Bayern Munich's total league goals to Shots on target was also 3 (that reply is further up the page). 

Also 72 shots divided by 8 games = 9 shots on target per game  

That is then divided by 2 teams (it takes two teams to play a match) =4.5

So I guaranteed a figure of less than 6 and we can see each team had an average of 4.5 shots on target per game  

This is the problem and SI have to sort this out or allow more goals  @Alari ???

With FMM16 now upon us it saddens me to see this issue has still not been addressed. Why fix things when they can just add in new stuff that's also broken???

:-(

Edited by billy2shots

The game doesn't 'allow shots' or 'allow goals' - it's not a valid way to describe how the engine works at all. I don't know if you are using the OME or the EME?

2 hours ago, Alari said:

The game doesn't 'allow shots' or 'allow goals' - it's not a valid way to describe how the engine works at all. I don't know if you are using the OME or the EME?

OME. 

Could you describe  why then in, the thirst for all things realistic your match engine allows a completely unrealistic number of shots on target. 

Then go on to describe how the percentage of shots on target to goal ratio is so unrealistic that it has become an annoyance and a bit of a joke. 

Maybe you could end by describing why SI felt the need to add more stuff to the game to replicate realism whilst leaving something as pivotal as the match engine completely flawed. To make matters worse those new features are poor at best and bugged/broken at worst. 

Pleasd don't reply by using the inclusion of the Enhanced engine as an answer. The OME is still being sold in your product so should work correctly. 

The whole reason we brought the EME in was that the OME had reached the limits of how far it can be developed. The OME still work, the stats obviously are more realistic with the EME. As mentioned neither engine can simply be tweaked to 'allow fewer shots on target' because that fundamentally is not how the game works.

That is what I thought aswell tbh ash that why couldn't they af these tactical options to the OME a while ago 

But really looking into it is only added GK distribution and what flank to use and thats it hardly game breaking really.

Also how much will the player traits work on the OME?? Would we know if it made no difference what so ever? Same with coaches how do we see what difference it makes exactly compared to not having any? From my experience so far nothing at all

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Last year the OME couldn't be improved, this year it has been by the new instructions :S 

The new instructions were possible to implement in the OME as work had previously been done several years back that allowed them to be integrated.

Edited by Alari

Imo I haven't noticed what the player traits do or even if they are taking into effect.

Also with the coaches what exactly do they do, are they even viable in my honest opinion they are pointless

20 minutes ago, Alari said:

The new instructions were possible to implement in the OME as work had previously been done several years back that allowed them to be integrated.

Why has it only just been "turned on then?!" Something requested countless times and we've had the same engine for multiple years.