Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Pathetic

billy2shots

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Why has it only just been "turned on then?!" Something requested countless times and we've had the same engine for multiple years. 

It's not something that has 'been turned on', preliminary work was done before to make it possible, additional work has been done now to implement it.

Which could have been done what back in 2014 when the engine was first introduced? Or were we given nothing on the OME last year as an attempt to push the EME? 

Anyother frequently requested features you've been holding back? 

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

Which could have been done what back in 2014 when the engine was first introduced? Or were we given nothing on the OME last year as an attempt to push the EME? 

Anyother frequently requested features you've been holding back? 

Comes down to business again @Ashez

Why give the fans everything they want all in one go? They can stretch it out over the course of a few versions. Last year EME was the big development so that would have generated plenty of interest/sales/money. If they released the extra tactical options then it wouldn't have been as gratefully received. Also think if it was released last year, what 'extras' would we have got this year?

Coaches lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the addition of coaches would have sold a lot of copies.

The days of giving the customer the best product possible are long gone (in general not just games). Now it's all about giving the customer just enough so they keep coming back for more.

The cynic in me would even question the updates/patches. Lets imagine the game was released as close to perfect as it could be given proper development and testing. People would be bored with it by February. Every time there is a new patch the interest swells again. Do this enough times over the course of a year and suddenly we are at the end of the football season and we are all looking forward to the next release. 

Edited by billy2shots

At least they realised the EME isn't for everyone and decided to still support the OME. The update was a welcome surprise and it made many people happy. Even with the update I haven't heard much about the EME and everyone I speak to are still playing the OME. 

However I guess us OME players should be worried as it's as far as it can go apparently :/. If you believe that is debatable though as I swear we've heard that before and this withheld update this year has been brilliant. I just hope we are never forced into the EME and we aren't ignored as part of the fanbase, I really don't believe the OME is the niche part of the community tbh. 

Nothing has been "withheld", there is simply a finite amount of development time.

BTW, on newest iOS devices and on Key highlights the EME is actually clocked as faster than the OME now. I don't see the advantage of staying with the old one really unless you have an older device?

4 minutes ago, Alari said:

Nothing has been "withheld", there is simply a finite amount of development time.

BTW, on newest iOS devices and on Key highlights the EME is actually clocked as faster than the OME now. I don't see the advantage of staying with the old one really unless you have an older device?

Staying with the OME is a choice, EME I have found is very inconsistent, will the OME always be available because if not I feel you will lose a lot of people through that decision 

If you didn't spend half the year fixing a game you've already released you'd have more time for the next release, that's a discussion for another day though. 

Is a 5th generation iPod deemed old? I have no idea :P 

Do those times include the loading screens (start of match, HT, 3 X subs?) or just engine highlights? I just find the EME boring tbh. I find the the OME more exciting and more fun, that's the main reason I enjoy it more now the speed seems a bit more reasonable. 

Well that's the OME dead then and a worrying comment and opinion in general imo. 

Yep, the times clocked include all loading screens, though the OME will be a fair bit faster on a 5th gen iPod (considered old by now).

We probably won't remove the OME for the foreseeable future but as devices get better it will only be people deliberately switching to it (a tiny %) who will end up still playing it in the long run.

Edited by Alari
3 hours ago, Alari said:

Yep, the times clocked include all loading screens, though the OME will be a fair bit faster on a 5th gen iPod (considered old by now).

We probably won't remove the OME for the foreseeable future but as devices get better it will only be people deliberately switching to it (a tiny %) who will end up still playing it in the long run.

There is loads of things you and SI could have worked on to bring a new fresh game but for me personally it seems 95% the same game,it feels the same and plays the same.

All that seems different is a new skin, could you and the guys at SI  make some game changing that will make us think "WOW".

I feel like I have been ripped off I have paid £6.99 for a product that is pretty much the same as the previous version 

@leecutler 

come on Lee, there are plenty of fresh bugs this year to keep us entertained. 

What about coaches? They are such a wonderful addition, they really add something special to the game............

Edited by billy2shots

@UKFootballScore

I think that's a great gauge of how good a new product is. If it suddenly wasn't there anymore and you had to use the older version, what would you miss from the new product. 

You could even say that EME aside what would you miss by going back to FMH14 with an updated database. 

Feel kinda sorry for @Alari, some harsh words!! But to be fair tthis release hasn't really been game changing in the way many anticipated. I guess it would make SI look stupid if they admitted the enhanced engine was rubbish and scrapped it. 

Still, I think they've definitely made more of an effort than last years release, and have included lots of new bugs for us to enjoy...

???

Edited by Fish18ish