Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 BBC's African Player Of The Year Nominees 2016

Ashez

BBC's African Player Of The Year Nominees 2016

BBC has just announced the five man shortlist for their African Player Of The Year Award. While this award is wrongly ignored in game like everything else relating to African football I've decided to take a look at the players up for the prize. 

Yaya Toure

3VdRaZ7.jpg

Yaya Toure is hands down one of the best midfielders on the game as his stats talk for themselves. He can do everything needed on the pitch as he can attack and defend better than most players in his position, unlike real life he's incredibly balanced which I expect to change on FMM 2016. His popularity has never been that high in game though due to his age and value to Manchester City, however if you happen to be playing as the blue side of Manchester Yaya is clearly one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Andre Ayew

Ojq3eHx.jpg

Ayew has been a favourite of many in FMH for a while as he has talent and the ability to play across the attacking line. His stats include a number of blues but they are all high and intensive training could turn him into a real powerhouse as he could have green crossing, dribbling, pace, shooting, technique, movement and teamwork! It's also worth noting his defensive qualities are also high compared to most attacking players. On FMM 2016 he'll be found tearing the Premier League apart with Swansea City and after his recent performances I'm sure his popularity will continue. 

Yacine Brahimi

cBYLaH8.jpg

Brahimi is the current holder of the award and the FCP star has gone somewhat under the radar this year in my opinion in game. FCP were a star studded team but come 2016 a number of their star players will have left which could give Brahimi the platform he needs to stand out. Stat wise Brahimi has all the tools he needs in his locker to be a dangerous threat as his pace, shooting, creativity, movement, crossing, dribbling and technique are all high and will only improve with intensive training and coaching. 

Sadio Mane

2uHe2g2.jpg

The final Premier League star to make this list is the Southampton player Sadio Mane. Mane has been a breath of fresh air in the Premier League since his arrival as he's one of the most exciting players in the league to watch, I'm sure he'll see a decent improvement on 2016. Currently Mane suffers from a lack of greens but the keen eyed of you will notice he does process the greens in the right areas and all his blues are rather high, with some intensive training he'll certainly stand out. Mane is a player who I can see growing in popularity on 2016 while also having a nice starting stat boost which will make him nicer on the eye. It could be a case of using him while you can as a number of big clubs are starting to sniff around the winger including Manchester United. 

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

poBfXAA.jpg

We've saved the favourite for last as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang makes an appearance. The Dortmund attacker has been in breath taking form so far this season as he's scoring and assisting for fun in real life. In game Aubameyang has the makings of a solid striker due to his 19 finishing and high values in other areas like pace, movement and dribbling. His starting value always made Aubameyang an appealing option but that will be a thing of the past as on 2016 I'm sure he'll get the boosts he deserves! He'll certainly be a player you'd rather have in your team than the oppositions! 

There you have the nominees for the APOTY award, who would get your in game vote? Would it be one of these five or has another African player caught your attention on 2015? Make sure you let us know by leaving your views in the comments.