Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Football Manager or FMH?

Owain53

I'm new here today, my name is Owain. I am 21 and come from North Wales and support Man United and Wales. I have a question for you all, I have always had football manager handheld on my iPad mini and I have thought of getting the new Football Manager 2016 for Mac. My question is, how is the computer version different from the mobile version? and is it worth it? to get the FM version instead of the new FMM?

Thank you for your replies. 

Although FMH is quality FM is so much more in depth it has loads more different leagues the databases are bigger, it also depends on the amount of time you have in your hands, if you want to play 1 season in a few hours then it's FMH,if time wasn't a issue for me I would play FM over FMH 

25 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Although FMH is quality FM is so much more in depth it has loads more different leagues the databases are bigger, it also depends on the amount of time you have in your hands, if you want to play 1 season in a few hours then it's FMH,if time wasn't a issue for me I would play FM over FMH 

What is the difference really? What can you do in the FM version that you can't in the FMH? 

15 minutes ago, Owain53 said:

What is the difference really? What can you do in the FM version that you can't in the FMH? 

There is a huge difference, you can do.....

• More tactical approach
  • Press conferences
  • about 15 extra leagues
  • Feeder clubs

Obviously all this is available as tilt is PC format and with FMH your limited as phones can't take that sort of detail and software

Tbh,if FM wasn't that expensive for me, I definately play it. I mean, I spent most of my time playing PC games,like 8-10 ours per day even if I have school, so the time isn't a problem for me but the money. FM 2016 is around 60€ while here in Romania, most of the people have wages around 200-300 € per month,and giving 1/3 of your money on a game is too much. And I don't have my own money yet, I'm still in high school. 

Definately FM over FMH, I Player older versions of FM and there is an amazing experience.

I'm really sorry, that REALLY sucks about the price. I live in the UK and it's about £28 in amazon last time I checked. It is cheaper on here by the link on the homepage but I don't want stream. I don't want to have to be online to play. I prefer a game I can play offline. 

What is different about it? Can you pick assistant managers?, who your scouts, coaches, and etc are? and can you see youth academies and pick players to promote to the 1st team and etc in the FM version?

There are also youth championships where your youngsters play.  National teams U 21,U 19, U 17 ... you have assistant manager ,4-5 scouts ,goalkeeper coach, president of club, owner,etc. All like in real life,you can't go further FM, there's nothing to compare with. More statisticals,uefa coefficients, All leagues of europe,every country is playable.  Oh,you can be assistant as well. 

IRL, some Premier leagues sides signed contracts with SI to use their database and scouting system in order to find players to sign 

On 18 November 2015 at 21:18:42, catalin070697 said:

There are also youth championships where your youngsters play.  National teams U 21,U 19, U 17 ... you have assistant manager ,4-5 scouts ,goalkeeper coach, president of club, owner,etc. All like in real life,you can't go further FM, there's nothing to compare with. More statisticals,uefa coefficients, All leagues of europe,every country is playable.  Oh,you can be assistant as well. 

IRL, some Premier leagues sides signed contracts with SI to use their database and scouting system in order to find players to sign 

WOW that sounds incredible. I have bought the new FMM for my phone last night and it is awesome. But this sounds phenomenal!!! Thank you for the advice

On 15 November 2015 16:02:55, leecutler said:

I'm buying FM next week. How much time are you talking, to complete a season? Say I want to micro manage every aspect of the club. Days? Weeks?

It also depends on how much you want our of the game, there is 2 modes, Full fat FM which is so in depth your pre season  can take 3-4 hours and there is so much into it, there is also classic mode which is a stripped down version of FM that is the one I play.

With all the pre match/post match reports, Talking to the press it all adds up in time wise, if I was too play the full fat version of FM it would take me about 2 days