• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UKFootballScore

FMM2016 Beginners Guide

beginnersguide.png.0fbf2dcf70968553c0885

Hello and Welcome,

I bring you a Beginners Guide to Football Manager Mobile 2016

So you've just bought the game? You've started your first save? Your losing every game? You dont understand why?

Then I will try and cover easy mistakes to make when starting out on Football Manager Mobile.

1. Don't start at a club you dont know

Its always easier if you know a clubs players from the start, you'll often have an idea on what they'd need in the transfer market aswell. 

Knowing your opposition also makes it easier as you'll know who to look out for, will help especially with resting players against poorer teams and not resting them for a rival match for instance.

2. Don't buy too many players

Overhauling a squad is tough tough business and should only be done when in a challenge (Another Story) or when you've just had a poor season.

Buying to many players in a short space of time will result in your team having to gel together to start playing well and winning, so you'll go through a period of losing and drawing games until they do click into place. 

Even if the team is of a poor standard sometimes playing players that are used to each other is the better policy regardless how much better the 40m striker is. 

3. Don't buy too many young players

We've all heard of the famous saying haven't we

'You don't win anything with kids'

Now on Football Manager Mobile this stands to be true. A young squad requires dedication and low expectations, don't go around thinking they'll win a Champions League trophy in the first season. They need to mature.

Keeping that in mind the best way to go about it is to have a mix between young Wonderkids and experience to complement each other to create that perfect balance your after. This way you'll have that back up incase the 44.5m wonderkid striker doesnt bang them in because he is 'Homesick'

4. Big Club Release Clause

You see that option when offering a contract to a player that says 'Big Club Release Clause'?

Dont do it!!!!!!

Unless you love a gamble………

3a5.jpg

This basically means that you'll have no option to reject a Transfer Offer from a higher club. This can burn you and hit you at a terrible time like 2 days before the Transfer Deadline! 

Any others that anyone feels could be added, don't hesitate to post it and I'll add it in as I will be also with anything I feel will help new players get used to the game.

I've never used the higher reputation club release clause, but does it mean any bid has to be accepted? Surely the AI could offer nothing for a player and get them, or are they not that smart??

29 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I've never used the higher reputation club release clause, but does it mean any bid has to be accepted? Surely the AI could offer nothing for a player and get them, or are they not that smart??

Not 100% sure how it works tbh but it must be some sort of figure like their value 

On 11/18/2015, 9:40:13, Fish18ish said:

Theres a minimum release clause that if triggered by paying that amount or more the club auto accepts it.