Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

liam1872

The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

FMM16 is FINALLY here and that means it's time for me to start my first save, and what could be Vibe's first save.

This signals the return of The Unemployed Challenge in what will be my 2nd attempt after my failures in FMH15.

I have loaded up the same leagues as I did in my previous attempt, these were; England, Spain, France & Italy.

If you don't know what The Unemployed Challenge is, I will briefly explain..

The aim is to start the game unemployed, and go on to take over at every team from each nation which had qualified for the Champions League in real life and win 2 trophies at each club. On top of this, you also have to manage any 4 of the following 7 nations and take them to at least 1 trophy: Spain, England, France, Italy, Portugal, Holland or Belgium.

In terms of the clubs I must take over at, these are as follows:

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

FIRST CLUB?

I have already started this career and I have my first job, and it's a much higher start than we managed last year at Barnet...

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d5e424fc48bc81e050505f1image.thumb.jpeg.0daa20a7dd12d957c94268b

Our first club is Frosinone in the Italian Serie A!! Much higher than our first club last time out in the Conference in England with Barnet.

Its going to be a long career but I hope you will all be supporting it from start to finish.

As always thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

1 minute ago, Risheek said:

Good luck. Some guts to have started a career to even 10 hrs to the games arrival. I have something like that in mind too

Cheers! Had this in mind since I finished the last one..

Good luck! 

Not sure if being able to get that job is a bug though, feels off lmao. Hey all you can work with is what the game gives you, smash it Liam! 

7 hours ago, DSW said:

I loved it the last time. I'm gonna love it this time! 

Good luck. :) 

Cheers! Hope you emit it:P

2 hours ago, jazzinho said:

Good luck, will be a long journey!

Cheers mate!

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Good luck! 

Not sure if being able to get that job is a bug though, feels off lmao. Hey all you can work with is what the game gives you, smash it Liam! 

Cheers Ash, yeah I thought it was a bit odd haha but I'm not complaining :D

The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

UPDATE #1

When we arrived at the club the board told us that they were expecting us to battle bravely against relegation in hope that we could stay in the division. Along with this they gave us a nice looking budget to bring players in to strengthen our chances of survival..

V366FW0.jpg?1

After some tweaking to the budgets I managed to get a much higher transfer budget at the expense of some of the wage budget..

z39oNfJ.jpg?1

However, my arrival at the club with just a week left of the transfer window meant I didn't have much time to bring players in and so in the summer window I only brought in some loan signings and waited until January for the permanent signings after I had a better idea of what the squad needed.

TRANSFERS

OUT

RLSaw7t.jpg?1

There were no transfers out of the club as the squad was already quite lean and so letting any more players leave felt like a bad idea.

IN

uUGuKgY.jpg?1

The first of the loan signings was French midfielder Adrien Rabiot from PSG who joined for the season, he was then followed by Brazilian Malcom from Corinthians and Unai Lopez from Bilbao who also arrived on season-long loan deals. The only permanent arrival this season was the signing of Gianluca Gaudino from Bayern Munich for a lofty £8.25M in the January window. A big fee for what I'm hoping will be a big talent!

New Arrivals

ADRIEN RABIOT

Spoiler

AHtiNe9.jpg

MALCOM

Spoiler

G6DFvBF.jpg

UNAI LOPEZ

Spoiler

QZOOGPn.jpg

GIANLUCA GAUDINO

Spoiler

sfMSfpt.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Serie A

League Table

0eHbPG6.jpg

Having already been knocked out of the Italian Cup before I arrived all we had was the league and after starting the season given an expectation which made me think we would struggle, we ended up finishing in 15th place and 12 points ahead of the drop zone. A poor start meant we spent a lot of the season battling it out at the bottom but picking up some good results here and there and beating the teams around us propelled us up to 15th place!

This result kept the board and the fans happy, and therefore I was happy with it to. Inter Milan went on to win the league with Juventus finishing 7 points behind them in 2nd.

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

AfeLwyn.jpg

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

ZzXsDSD.jpg

SQUAD PERFORMANCE

GOALS

Spoiler

HsIKNio.jpg

ASSISTS

Spoiler

JOAgvz3.jpg

AVERAGE RATING

Spoiler

XIpHkXr.jpg

A MOMENT TO REMEMBER

Spoiler

6Rdh9Bq.jpg

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

7 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Great signing there mate and a brilliant first season all things considered :) rooting for you again buddy!

Cheers mate, hopefully do it this time:)

53 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Good first season, My only question how in the fudging hell did you get a job in Serie A straight away

Cheers! Honestly no idea, it must be a bug... Unsure whether to start again and see if it happens again or just carry on..

28 minutes ago, liam1872 said:

Cheers! Honestly no idea, it must be a bug... Unsure whether to start again and see if it happens again or just carry on..

It seems to be a bug. I always start unemployed and have been offered Bolton Watford and Southampton as my first teams. Needs sorting really. 

35 minutes ago, FlybySilva said:

It seems to be a bug. I always start unemployed and have been offered Bolton Watford and Southampton as my first teams. Needs sorting really. 

Yeah its a strange bug, quite obvious too you'd think they would notice it..

18 minutes ago, leecutler said:

@liam1872 Dec has edited the challenge due to the bug 

Cheers, i'll have a look and maybe need to start again:)

3 hours ago, liam1872 said:
2 hours ago, liam1872 said:

Yeah its a strange bug, quite obvious too you'd think they would notice it..

Cheers, i'll have a look and maybe need to start again:)

Yeah hopefully they can sort this out ASAP 

Due to the finding of a bug by several people playing the game, there has been a change to the rules of this challenge. This change means that your first club must be no higher than League 2 in England and therefore I must start again in order to abide by these rules.

I have done just that and I have found my first club in early December...

qTifSH5.jpg?1

Crawley Town offered me the position of manager on the 8th of December and I decided this was the right job to take despite their precarious position in the league table..

E6Ue96W.jpg?1

As I said above Crawley were sat in the depths of the League 2 table, and the board expected me to lift them up the table and attain a respectable league position come the end of the season..

yZlaSON.jpg

With limited funds I must find a way to propel Crawley up the table while keeping an eye out for any higher job opportunities which may arise!

Update #1 will be out in the near future so keep your eyes peeled so you don't miss it:P

As always thank you all for reading, and I will see you all soon:D

1 hour ago, FlybySilva said:

Look forward to seeing how you do as I am also doing the challenge.

good luck.

Cheers mate, good luck to you also.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Third times the charm! 

You make a good point:P

1 hour ago, FastFurious said:

Shame about the restart mate, but I'm sure you will smash this nonetheless

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, hopefully anyway:D

UPDATE #1

TRANSFERS

Even though I did have a small budget to spend I decided against bringing anyone in, or letting anyone go, and you'll soon see why. So no transfers this season, but maybe next..

COMPETITIONS

FA Cup

qXalz5k.jpg

Before I arrived we had already been knocked out of the Capital One Cup and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy so the only cup competition I was able to compete in was the FA Cup. However, our hopes were smashed after we met Birmingham City in the 3rd round and after Bobson Bawling's red card, we were never really in the game in what looked a close scoreline. 

League 2

League Table

MMwVun7.jpg

An incredible run in the league meant we got all the way up to 6th place and scraped our way into the play-offs, on goals scored, after being level with 7th placed Wycombe on both points and goal difference.

So we had a chance at promotion after an incredible season, how did we do?

Play-Offs

Semi-Final

Spoiler

nUMM7gf.jpg

We were drawn against Stevenage in the Semi-Final with the first leg being played at home in which we would come out on top in a thrilling game which ended 3-2, could we hang on and get to the final?

Spoiler

Q7sPIIN.jpg

A 2-0 win away from home in the second leg meant we were going to Wembley in what promised to be a momentous occasion, we were in the Play-Off final against Plymouth Argyle. Could we do it?

Final

Spoiler

9fDZeK7.jpg

WE DID IT! Despite being edged out in most of the statistics we managed to hang onto our lead from the 14th minute and take the Play-Off trophy home, and secure a place in next seasons League 1 campaign!!

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

j6EFNAi.jpg

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

nHfw1Bv.jpg

END OF SEASON REVIEW-SEASON 2016/17 PREVIEW

A truly incredible season after taking over means that we will be playing our trade in League 1 next season and have been given a budget of £1.5M to battle bravely against relegation from the league. I'm hoping to exceed this however I don't want to give the board too high an expectation and end up getting sacked:P!!

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872
2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's a good feeling when you get that slice of luck though! It's awful when it goes against youn haha.

No worries :) 

Yeah its great, but it can turn around very quickly too:laugh: