3 hours ago, Condo said:

Wow that's an excellent result Liam!

Cheers mate:D!

The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

Update #5

TRANSFERS

OUT

565f119053f49_TransfersOut.thumb.PNG.c6d

A big outgoing for this season was the departure of ever present Dominic Iorfa who headed for Lazio for an massive £19.75M. Despite him being a regular in the first team, he did want a move to a bigger club and this was an offer to big to turn down. Liam McAlinden also left the club for French side Tours FC in a £3M deal. Matt Doherty was released on a free upon the expiring of his contract.

IN

565f12444b7f7_TransfersIn.thumb.PNG.1f88

The departure of Iorfa meant we needed a new RB and we got on in Dani Carvajal who signed from Real Madrid for just £2.3M!! Following him in was GK Kyle McCarthy who arrived from Bolton for £4.5M, Giulio Ciofani came in from Bari for £8M and there were two big fee signings also. Both Callum Gribbin (Man Utd) and Marco Asensio (Real Madrid) came in for £14M each to bolster our attacking midfield options!

NEW SIGNINGS

DANI CARVAJAL

Spoiler

Carvajal.thumb.PNG.0996be95750c3e4305df3

KYLE MCCARTHY

Spoiler

McCarthy.thumb.PNG.3a68b6f5ea481365be7b3

GIULIO CIOFANI

Spoiler

Ciofani.thumb.PNG.004c9bf0dfc7db952e9f81

CALLUM GRIBBIN

Spoiler

Gribbin.thumb.PNG.14afa285b5e18e27701428

MARCO ASENSIO

Spoiler

Asensio.thumb.PNG.a417cebfb97b2f16658829

COMPETITIONS

FA Cup

565f11e389bf2_FACup.thumb.PNG.8850706df7

A very good effort in making it to the FA Cup Semi-Final before we were brushed aside by a dominant Arsenal on the day.

Capital One Cup

565f126c232c4_CapitalOneCup.thumb.PNG.38

Disappointing run in the Capital One Cup as we are knocked out in the 3rd round by what was a very poor Leicester side at the time, a game we shouldve won.

Europa League

Group Stage

565f1314eb1ea_EuropaLeagueGroup.thumb.PN

A tough group and a very tight one at that saw 3 teams finish on 12 points after the 6 games had been played, we managed to scrape through on goal difference alongside Bordeaux..

1st Round

565f12c1cfbc4_EuropaLeague1stRoundLEG2.t

Drawn against Borussia Dortmund in the 1st round had me thinking that would be as far as we would go however a very solid 4-2 at home put us in a good place to progress if we could hold on in the 2nd leg. We managed just that securing a 1-1 draw at Signal Iduna Park and we would be progressing to the 2nd round.

2nd Round

565f12eb624dc_EuropaLeague2ndRoundLEG2.t

A 2nd round tie against Portuguese side Braga turned out to be alot more straight forward than I expected as we ran out 3-0 winners in Braga before a Marcel Sabitzer hat-trick propelled us to a 4-0 home win. Making it 7-0 on aggregate and a very good win going into the Quarter-Finals..

Quarter Final

565f11a38c34d_EuropaLeagueQtrFinalLEG2.t

AS Monaco were our opponents in the Quarter-Final and a 2-0 win at home put us in a very good position as we travelled to Monaco for the 2nd leg. Monaco went 2-0 up in the first half and I thought that was the beginning of the end but a determined 2nd half performance after some changes at half time saw us block out Monaco as well as grabbing a goal 4 minutes from time to put us through to the Semi-Final 3-2 on aggregate.

Semi Final

565f11ce5ae13_EuropaLeagueSemiFinalLEG2.

We came up against Premier League rivals Manchester United in the Semi-Final and having already beaten them in the league I was confident we could at least keep it close. Despite losing the first leg 2-1 at home we came out in the 2nd leg determined to progress and two goals from Hakan Calhanoglu in the last half hour saw us take the tie to extra time. Benik Afobe then struck 3 minutes into extra time which would prove enough for us to progress to the final 4-3 on aggregate, where we would face Benfica...

Final

565f130073ccd_EuropaLeagueFinal.thumb.PN

An incredible first half performance saw us lead 2-1 at the break before Benik Afobe added his and our 3rd 2 minutes after the restart. Benfica fought back yet again and made it 3-2 in the 69th minute but our defence was resilient and we held on to be crowned the champions of the Europa League!!

Premier League

League Table

565f11f345d17_FinalBPLTable.thumb.PNG.a8

An incredible Europa League win was joined in the trophy cabinet by the English Premier League as we finished 2 points ahead of both Manchester teams to secure our first league win! Despite not scoring many goals, we didn't concede many either and winning 24 games along the way, we were incredibly happy with the result!

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

565f123525c4d_TopScorers.thumb.PNG.163d5

Benik Afobe again made it into the top 9 in terms of goalscoring in the league with 15 goals seeing him sit 7th.

TOP ASSISTS

565f122ae6aea_TopAssists.thumb.PNG.9d7b0

Calhanoglu made it to 8th in the top assists chart, notching up 9 over the course of the season.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

A truly incredible season which saw us take Wolves to both European and Domestic glory after winning the Europa League and the Premier League.

Sometimes however, you do just have to move on and with that, it was a perfect time to move on.

565f133b00e80_WolvesResignation.thumb.PN

On the 20th of June 2020, I resigned from my post as Wolves manager in order to seek a job at a bigger club and it was a long time coming but we managed to get such a job in November of 2021 (Told you it was a long wait). It was a sad day to leave Wolves however we have to get to the bigger clubs to complete the challenge!

Leave a comment with who you think I have been given the managers job at:D

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872
2 hours ago, Ashez said:

What a season! As for the job I'll take the red as a clue and guess Roma? 

Cheers! You're along the right lines;)

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Brilliant season again there mate, I'm gonna say arsenal?

Cheers mate, again you're on the right track but not quite there;)

15 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Athletico then lol

Still not quite there;)

13 hours ago, jerinoz said:

Try PSG mate

Unfortunately I can't choose, depends what job is available:(

11 hours ago, halamadrid said:

I'm clueless ,Monaco? ;) 

Not quite :laugh:!

8 hours ago, Condo said:

Suspension is killing me!

You'll find out soon enough:P

Update #6

So the suspense is finally over, the club I have been offered the managers job at was...

Spoiler

5660b83aec665_ManUnitedAppoint1872.thumb

When I arrived at Manchester United they were sitting in 6th place in the table, 8 points off the top.

Spoiler

5660b7fb5c7c9_LeagueTableWHENJOINED.thum

TRANSFERS

I decided against bringing in any new players or letting anyone go as I felt the squad I arrived to was more than capable of pushing for honours!

COMPETITIONS

FA Cup

Spoiler

IMG_0871.thumb.PNG.71463d7a5bb68b2fec424

We made it all the way to the FA Cup final in which we would face our former club Wolves in what would be a comfortable 3-1 win in the end. One trophy in the bag, one to go!

Champions League

Group Stage

Spoiler

5660b8c39a43e_UCLGroup.thumb.PNG.fbf1ebe

The group stage saw us finish top of the group with 15 points from a possible 18.

1st Round

Spoiler

5660b886a1d4e_UCL1stRoundLEG2.thumb.PNG.

The 1st round saw us face Sporting Lisbon and after a 1-1 draw in Lisbon we showed our class in the return leg as a hat-trick from Anthony Martial inspired us to a 4-0 victory, enough to help us progress to the quarter final..

Quarter Final

Spoiler

5660b8e0afce9_UCLQtrFinalLEG2.thumb.PNG.

A quarter-final tie with Inter Milan was never going to be easy however a 2-0 win at Old Trafford was followed up by a 2-1 win at the San Siro to see us progress to the semi-final 4-1 on aggregate.

Semi Final

Spoiler

5660b7b5645ce_UCLSemiFinalLEG2.thumb.PNG

Our opponents in the semi-final were PSG and this would be no easy game however two clean sheets and a 2-0 home win in the second leg saw us win the tie 2-0 on aggregate and progress to the final..

Final

Spoiler

5660b8a639cb6_UCLFinal.thumb.PNG.11a9400

Atletico Madrid were our opponents and they grabbed a goal in the 1st minute making me very worried that we wouldn't be able to pull through and win the game. However, a goal on the stroke of half time courtesy of Marcelo Meli put us on level terms at the break before Joe Little added a second after 72 minutes to give us a 2-1 lead. This would be enough to win us the Champions League!!

Premier League

League Table

5660b7cadee00_FinalLeagueTable.thumb.PNG

As well as winning the Champions League we managed to climb up to 1st from 6th in the English Premier League!! Finishing 3 points clear of Chelsea in the end after a very very good run!

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

5660b86896068_TopGoalscorers.thumb.PNG.9

Memphis Depay bagged 19 goals this season to finish 3rd in the top scorers list!

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

5660b85a190eb_TopAssists.thumb.PNG.d806c

No players made it into the top assists chart this season.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Out of the two trophies we needed to win in order to tick off our first team, we won three this season and so we can cross off Manchester United from the checklist. Its time to look for a new club yet again and so I resigned from my role as Manchester United manager in order to seek a job at another club from the list. One popped up pretty quickly and, without the suspense this time, our new club is..

5660bf73a5740_PSGAppoint1872.thumb.PNG.3

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872
1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Brilliant update mate PSG should be relatively easy for you to do! KIU!!

Cheers mate! Just you wait and see, the transfer window is interesting...;)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

That's how it's done! 

No need to mess about;) Cheers Ash!

Update #7

TRANSFERS

OUT

5665e1f0e538f_TransfersOut.thumb.PNG.a12

I mentioned that the transfer windows this season were absolutely mad and it all started with the sale of Lucas Moura to Real Madrid to £70M, with the departure of Nemanja Simic (signed by previous manager this season) also to Real Madrid for £56M.  Marquinhos left for Chelsea for £36M, Wallyson joined Tottenham for £28M while Alex Llorente and Serge Aurier joined Lazio and Sunderland respectively for a combined £10.5M. We raked in a massive £200.5M from player sales, and well, I was prepared to spend it all.

IN

5665e1db99461_TransfersIn.thumb.PNG.9b17

Spend all of it we did, and then some..

Paul Pogba came in from Juventus for a massive £94M before we spent £55M each on David Carlsson and Luis Soares. Aymeric Laporte then arrived for £50M, followed by Kingsley Coman for £26M and Johannes Bade for £170,000. We went mad in the transfer windows, and we were hoping for instant results.

NEW SIGNINGS

PAUL POGBA

Spoiler

Pogba.thumb.PNG.48ca0d58dcd2463758f69d79

DAVID CARLSSON

Spoiler

Carlsson.thumb.PNG.c21b47febde8a1fe52f2c

LUIS SOARES

Spoiler

5665e11b82855_LuisSoares.thumb.PNG.236d7

AYMERIC LAPORTE

Spoiler

Laporte.thumb.PNG.1d8597338ee4ddec7746b4

KINGSLEY COMAN

Spoiler

Coman.thumb.PNG.a0a1567da59c592dad48bb19

JOHANNES BADE

Spoiler

Bade.thumb.PNG.36702f1199e71484fc9863b62

COMPETITIONS

Champions Trophy

Spoiler

5665e0601be48_ChampionsTrophyFinal.thumb

Our first competitive game was in the Champions Trophy in which we would face Lyon. The stats show a pretty tight game however the scoreline says differently as we ran out 3-0 winners. One trophy down, one to go.

French Cup

Spoiler

5665e0de69908_FrenchCupFinal.thumb.PNG.0

We make it all the way to the French Cup Final where we were matched up against Stade Brestois in what turned out to be possibly the most one sided final in the history of all finals! Despite Stade Brestois not having a single shot on goal, they did manage to score. But that wasn't enough to get near us as we scored 5 of our own to win the French Cup. It was only April and we had already won both the trophies we needed.

Coupe de la Ligue

Spoiler

5665e0a976ed4_CoupedelaLigueFinal.thumb.

Another final, this time the Coupe de la Ligue in which we would face Montpellier. An exciting game it was and we came out on top after extra time with a 4-3 win with help from a David Carlsson hat-trick.

Champions League

Group Stage

Spoiler

5665dfbfe649a_UCLGroup.thumb.PNG.0044388

The group stage saw us finish on top unbeaten after the 6 games with 16 points, 4 clear of second place PSV.

1st Round

Spoiler

5665e20f45fb8_UCL1stRoundLEG2.thumb.PNG.

The 1st round saw us face Roma where we would win the first leg 3-0 before being held to a 2-2 draw in the second leg. A 5-2 aggregate means we would be progressing to the quarter final to face our French counterparts.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

5665e60a2af5b_UCLQtrFinalLEG2.thumb.PNG.

Our French counterparts were Lyon and we would brush them aside with ease in a dominant 5-0 aggregate win.

Semi Final

Spoiler

5665e62b5f932_UCLSemiFinalLEG2.thumb.PNG

An impressive 3-0 win in the first leg at home put us in a very good position to progress to the final however there was still the small matter of visting Old Trafford. We only just managed to avoid a massive turnaround as we lose 2-0 but progress 3-2 on aggregate.

Final

Spoiler

5665e22c5c6f9_UCLFinal.thumb.PNG.77d0467

Juventus were the opposition for our 3rd cup final of the season and it would be another cup final victory as a Kingsley Coman goal in the 78th minute was enough to give us a 1-0 win. We had won all 4 cup competitions, could it be a clean sweep?

Ligue 1

League Table

Spoiler

5665e0c0da91a_FinalLeagueTable.thumb.PNG

A clean sweep it was as we won the league by 6 points after only losing 1 game and notching up 100 goals. Lyon did extremely well to keep up, although if we had drawn less games it may have been a different story.

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

5665e1c993f80_TopGoalscorers.thumb.PNG.c

Luis Soares finished top of the goalscoring charts with 5 more league goals than his closest competitor, meanwhile David Carlsson finished 3rd.

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

5665e1b6aae57_TopAssists.thumb.PNG.96c36

We had two players also make it into the top assists char,t finishing 2nd and 3rd were Carlos Mane and Luis Soares.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

A clean sweep, winning all competitions that we were entered into after spending a massive amount of money in the transfer windows this would be expected. After such success it was time to move on, and so it was time to leave PSG already..

Spoiler

5665e1a4e39a9_PSGResignation.thumb.PNG.0

It didn't take us long to find a new club, we would be heading to Italy for our next quest..

Spoiler

5665e92ddde54_LazioAppoint1872.thumb.PNG

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

18 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's some transfer window :O! It looked to pay off though as that's one class season! 

Italy doesn't stand a chance! 

Cheers Ash, let's hope not..

Real nice career !
You made me wanting to do the same.
Just started with Swindon in League 1, After the 1st season, 8th place and no playoffs becase of goalaverage...

Keep going telling us your story, I'll follow it with great interest !

On 10/12/2015 at 16:21, Toji said:

Real nice career !
You made me wanting to do the same.
Just started with Swindon in League 1, After the 1st season, 8th place and no playoffs becase of goalaverage...

Keep going telling us your story, I'll follow it with great interest !

Cheers Toji! and good luck!