• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

liam1872

On 12 December 2015 at 22:48, Ashez said:

Damn, I got all excited then thinking this was an update :(:P 

Same here, slightly devastated ha!

Sorry for the severe lack of updates for a long time. There are many reasons for that however some personal, I hope to bring the updates back in the near future should there still be an interest in this career.

Again I apologise for the long wait with no word of warning, some things you can't predict.

See you all soon;)

Edited by liam1872
4 minutes ago, liam1872 said:

Sorry for the severe lack of updates for a long time. There are many reasons for that however some personal, I hope to bring the updates back in the near future should there still be an interest in this career.

Again I apologise for the long wait with no word of warning, some things you can't predict.

See you all soon;)

That's fine I'm excited for the rest! :) 

Stop bumping this! I keep getting excited thinking an update has been posted :P 

(obviously joking, bump away lads! Always good to support career posters :D) 

The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

Update #8

Transfers

IN

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1a0fb00571395b8f14b2e9e

We went a bit unnecessarily mad with the money that we spent, however hopefully it would be enough to get the job done. Brazilian duo Marcos Ribeiro & Bruno da Silva arrived from Santos for a combined fee of £41M before being followed through the doors by Borja Alcacer who came in for £10M from Once Caldas (I'm still not entirely sure who they are?). Antonio Tello arrived from Liverpool for £14.25M, Amadou Kone came in form Serie A rivals Inter Milan for £20M and Pavlo Savchuk & Alberto Navarro came in from Dnipro & Estudiantes respectively for a combined £11M.

NEW ARRIVALS

1. Marcos Ribeiro - DC, £30M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3f4e1990fb1d62d7514a6bfc

2. Amadou Koné - MC, £20M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0caa564dd4f73a76af31de48

3. Antonio Tello - AM RC, £14.25M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.27183ded8f32deb780238e39

4. Bruno da Silva - DC, £11M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.15f77bc98cafcc17deb24175

5. Borja Alcácer - AM R, £10M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0d9f44a1ffbdcdb820367f2b

6. Pavlo Savchuk - D/DM LC, £6M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.74de9e3b1982afe3a4a9d1fe

7. Alberto Navarro - F LC, £5M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.359ee111842a085e88091ad8

OUT

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dce48f161133068beff242bb

We managed to recoup most of our outgoing transfer fees through the sales of 3 players; Diego da Silva, Simone Baldi & Alex Llorente who left for a total of £71M. Three players also departed on season long loan deals to various destinations.

Season Review

Summary

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6a78220d259602e66bbe90aa

A successful season overall in which we secured Serie A glory as well as a narrow Italian Cup win to top it all off. It wasn't as hoped in the Champions League however we still achieved the two trophies we needed in order to cross off Lazio. Lautaro Rinaldo finished the season as our top scorer with 34 goals and Antonio Silvestri ended up our best creator with 24 assists.

Full League Table

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e4b53aa4c18e9eb296c512cb

The two sides from Milan were our main competition for most of the season before AC Milan dropped away and left it a two horse race between ourselves and Inter Milan. We came out on top in the end with a 3 point lead over 2nd place securing us the Serie A title with a defensive record that anyone would be proud of.

Italian Cup

Final

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.673e821b556e984b84a89f3b

A tighter result than expected in an encounter which saw us dominate in terms of shots despite being behind in the overall possession stat. We did run out eventual winners however after we netted all four of our penalties to secure a 4-2 win on penalties. 

Champions League

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f915ac075d39ed887b75a470

A first round tie against Atlético Madrid would be the end of our exploits as a 3-0 defeat in the first leg proved too much to recover from despot a 3-2 win in the second leg.

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon.

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872
12 hours ago, Ashez said:

Back with a bang, love it! I told you Italy didn't stand a chance ;) 

Cheers Ash, you did ;)

10 hours ago, PriZe said:

nice on! Great season m8 and good to see this career is back :D

Cheers mate, hopefully update more often..

On 23 January 2016 at 12:34, Lav50 said:

We need moooore lol,good season,shame about UCL ;)

Cheers, yeah first leg cost us:unamused:

20 hours ago, Risheek said:

I am loving this! When's the next update, this is amazing. :) 

Thanks mate, hopefully sooner rather than later;)

Update #9

For the new season a new challenge awaited us and we waited a while for a suitable job opportunity to arise, and when it did it was a big one and it was a return to England with Manchester City.

image.thumb.png.d4f86a86734829ae74a2c7ea

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.34738d8c800e5a221bda0112

Transfers

IN

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f228c47fec491ab305de955

My late arrival meant the summer window had already passed and so January was my only chance to strengthen. I did so with the signing of one player, David Carlsson, from PSG for a massive £91,000,000. The other 3 players had been brought in under the previous management team.

NEW ARRIVAL

1. David Carlsson - ST C, £91M

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c1632d5b64735a32da93f246

Season Review

Summary

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.36fd4b6d795a6895290221c2

Despite being lower down in the league upon my arrival, City weren't many points off the top of the table and after some tweaking with the tactics we found the right formula to rise to the top of the table and won the Premier League to make it 1 out of 2 trophies at City. We came close to making it 2 out of 2 on 3 separate occasions as we made it to the semi finals of the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and the Champions League before being knocked out. Memphis Depay finished as our top scorer and Thomas Lemar racked up the most assists.

Full League Table

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.80625d4b157d85c13abf592f

A final day slip up from Manchester United saw us leapfrog them in the table into 1st place to secure the title win. A solid defensive record coupled with some hard work meant we were able to win 24 of our 38 games on our way to the title.

FA Cup

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5c902db762080cb33587294c

A solid run led us to a Manchester derby in the semi final of the FA Cup in which would come out losers after being dominated for the entire game. A 2-1 scorelines flattered us as we exited the FA Cup.

Capital One Cup

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.86764cc62363a2754ea5041f

Despite dominating the second leg of this tie we were knocked out by a determined Newcastle side 2-1 on aggregate. A 1-0 defeat at St James Park followed by a 1-1 draw at the Etihad would see us again exit a cup competition in the semi finals.

Champions League

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.958f21ed7894b4343627df20

Our third semi final and our third semi final defeat as we faced tough opposition in Barcelona. A 1-1 draw at the Nou Camp put is in a good position before we were again drawing 1-1 after 90 minutes in the second leg taking the tie to extra time. Barcelona struck first in extra time and despite pulling one back, we couldn't get another and exited the Champions League on away goals.

We would have to wait until next season for another chance at crossing Manchester City off the list, let's hope for some better luck.

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon.

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

18 hours ago, Risheek said:

You got the wrong side of Manchester mate. KIU :D 

I did;) already been at United though.. Cheers!

11 hours ago, Lav50 said:

I thought this was dead lol,looking good,good luck bro

Not dead, just taking me longer to get through seasons now than it was before. Cheers:D

10 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Looking good man. It's a difficult challenge, but you've started it well. 

Cheers mate, very difficult. Failed last year cause I couldn't get any national jobs other than 1!

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Unlucky not getting them crossed off in one go mate! KIU!

Minor setback, plenty time still to go! Cheers ;)

Update #10

Transfers

There were no transfers made in or out at Manchester City this season despite having plenty money to spend.

Community Shield

image.thumb.png.24d823818c5c464542437c6e

The Community Shield saw us face Manchester rivals ,and former club, Manchester United in a goal fest at Wembley stadium. The game took a while to get going but once it did, it didn't stop. We took the lead through Memphis Depay, scoring against his former club, after 40 minutes to go in at half time 1-0 to the hood. Thomas Lemar added a second shortly after the restart before Ousmane Djéjdjé made it 3-0. United pulled one back through Assane Gnoukouri 3 minutes before Djédjé bagged his second and our 4th to make it 4-1 with 10 minutes to go. Anthony Martial and Javier Martinez pulled goals back for united before Djédjé struck again to seal his hat trick and our victory with 5-3 being the final score line.

This win in the Community Shield gave us our second trophy win meaning we could cross of Manchester City from the checklist and start thinking about moving on..

New Club

It didn't take us long to find a new club who was on the checklist as the manager of this Italian giant set his sights on a career in international management. A return to Italy it was as we took over at Roma..

image.thumb.png.e4821dd530f91a241fc7e5b5

We took over in Rome 6 games into the Serie A season in which Roma had not yet lost a game but were currently sitting 5th in the table with 3 wins and 3 draws from the 6 games.

image.thumb.png.598cf6eb3d6fe4c2eb2c3712

With all competitions still available to us, we have a great opportunity to seal 2 trophies here this season, and move on at the end. Let's hope this is the case..

As always thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon.

Also, could you guys let me know what you think of the way I lay out my updates and if there is any ways I could improve it. Thanks:D

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872
20 hours ago, Risheek said:

Amazing mate. Roma and Italy are gonna have their set of challenges, but I don't think it'll be a problem for you 

Cheers! Lets hope its no problem;)

Unfortunately, it is looking unlikely that I will update this career for a while since I am struggling to find any sort of motivation to play the game for an extended period of time:(

If I can get back into this save I will and I will put out updates however right now, I can't play the game for very long without getting bored or extremely frustrated:(

As always thank you for reading, and I will see you all next time whether that be in this thread or another.