Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career FC United of Manchester - Road to the Top

ZNQZ

Just now, Condo said:

That's strange for Kone to be a free transfer if he was an Evogen. Evogens or not with your transfer/wage budgets, league level etc you've done well to bring them and to carry on climbing!

That's what I thought, it was his first year and he was without a club so I quickly snapped him up, a year later he's off too Torino! and Cheers pal

Congrats OP nice progress. I've made it to league 1 but still cant pay a player over 1k a week,none of my squad are worth more than 6k and my board won't upgrade the training facilities! I can't sign anyone of sufficient quality as I can't pay the salary. I've really hit a wall with this one. Sold a player for 400k last night and the funds still won't help me

18 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Great signings there mate going well so far!

Cheers man!

42 minutes ago, Haveit said:

Congrats OP nice progress. I've made it to league 1 but still cant pay a player over 1k a week,none of my squad are worth more than 6k and my board won't upgrade the training facilities! I can't sign anyone of sufficient quality as I can't pay the salary. I've really hit a wall with this one. Sold a player for 400k last night and the funds still won't help me

Thanks :) ! After the end of every season, if I have done well they usually accept one request I ask and I mainly request for training facilities to be upgraded. This attracts better players for less tbh and then from there the progress was being made, more cash flow when I bought and sold players and the gain of competition money. Try and solidify a position in league 1 and just focus on progress of the club and you'll be soon getting more cash in and better progress.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - End of Season 5 and Pre-Season update Season 6

The League

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-19-06.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-19-14.thumb.png

The Back-to-Back-to-Back promotions is real! 3 consecutive promotions sees us go to the Championship, ecstatic!

JPT

Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-45-29.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-20-45-33.thumb.png

First domestic trophy win!!! 3-1 in the Final against Pompey. Kodjo Toure bagging 2.

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted my League Cup screenshot and started a new season but I lost in the second round to Southampton.

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-11-26-18-11-52.thumb.png

Once again we meet Southampton and lose again :( Not quite good enough to get results against Prem opposition yet.

Player Performances and Other

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-26-41.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-26-46.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-26-50.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-21-27-04.thumb.png

The man, the myth, the legend, Kodjo Toure. 40 games 45 goals, the Togolese striker reminds me of a young and not so arrogant Emmanuel Adebayor. Smashing the net for fun. Ryan Clifton, club player of the year last year bags a young player of the year award. And its just standard that we sweep all the awards with me rounding it off with a Manger of the Year award!

Friendlies

Birmingham 0-0 FC United

Bury 1-2 FC United

Kodjo Toure '14 and Daniel Eriksson '23

Bristol Rovers 1-6 FC United

Callum Robinson '3 and '58, Kodjo Toure '22 and '90, Andy Kellett '38 and Daniel Eriksson '44

Transfers and BIG MONIES

Screenshot_2015-11-26-22-23-21.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-23-01-30.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-23-17-10.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-23-17-20.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-26-23-17-24.thumb.png

Oh how I love taking money from the rich :) Thankyou Manchester City, soon to be rivals gifting us a bit of money for the club to hit full potential. Made some strong signings this summer and I can see this season being the same as the last 3, Premier League soon come!

I'm doing a similar save with Forest Green and after promotion in my first year, I'm pre-season in my next in League 2. I'm looking for good free agents and I've got scouts searching for youth but I can't seem to find anyone even half as some of the beasts you got. How do you go about finding them?

Have you had any problems with goalkeepers? It doesn't seem to matter who I have or how good he looks, he plays a 4 or 5 most games and Let in literally every shot that goes on target. I can dominate games and have 20 shots to the other teams 2 or 3 and lose most of the time it's ridiculous how bad they are

8 hours ago, mo_rp said:

I'm doing a similar save with Forest Green and after promotion in my first year, I'm pre-season in my next in League 2. I'm looking for good free agents and I've got scouts searching for youth but I can't seem to find anyone even half as some of the beasts you got. How do you go about finding them?

After one year you won't see as many world class potential regens or evogens, it is quite rare. I stumbled across Kone in my 3 year and Toure and Eriksson in my 4th. But you might be lucky and some world class potential regens might already be on your save, the way I go about finding them usually is going on the transfer market on Expired contracts and sort age from Youngest to Oldest. You might find some gems on there, they might not look good there but on Intensive training they really hit potential quickly. Try scout them before you sign if your unsure.

6 hours ago, Haveit said:

Have you had any problems with goalkeepers? It doesn't seem to matter who I have or how good he looks, he plays a 4 or 5 most games and Let in literally every shot that goes on target. I can dominate games and have 20 shots to the other teams 2 or 3 and lose most of the time it's ridiculous how bad they are

No I haven't really had problems with my goalkeeper. From the sounds of it, it seems your defence is letting too many clear cut chances in, you might wanna try sign some new defenders, the goalkeeper is supposed to stop the shots but if you have a bad defence he is limited to what he can do.

1 hour ago, Condo said:

Really impressive. Was surprised you didn't make a few more signings or did you not have the budget?

Thanks :) and Well I feel my team is already strong enough for the Championship so I didn't need to make anymore signings and i've got more than enough of a budget after the money I got from Kone and Toure haha. I have around 14 million left in the transfer budget.

the beauty about taking on a lower league team, myself i dont see the point in starting with a big club and then when you see a bid come in like that for one of your players which will set you up for the next season or two easily its very satisfying..

come one si, sort the bugs out, i need this game after seeing this topic :)

1 hour ago, russy said:

the beauty about taking on a lower league team, myself i dont see the point in starting with a big club and then when you see a bid come in like that for one of your players which will set you up for the next season or two easily its very satisfying..

come one si, sort the bugs out, i need this game after seeing this topic :)

I know every time I get the new FMH/FMM I always do the lower league team run and this one is by far my favourite save I have done atm and I know what you mean the satisfying feeling of developing a player into a star and selling him on makes you feel good.

And thanks! :) I haven't really experienced bugs personally, FMM 2016 is good so far.

23 minutes ago, tomppasson said:

wow youre doing great! :) Congrats for the 3 promotions in a row! It would be so cool if this happened in real life!!

Cheers man! I know it was a bit of a struggle towards the end of each season but I pulled through and I know if only it happened haha

5 hours ago, ZNQZ said:

After one year you won't see as many world class potential regens or evogens, it is quite rare. I stumbled across Kone in my 3 year and Toure and Eriksson in my 4th. But you might be lucky and some world class potential regens might already be on your save, the way I go about finding them usually is going on the transfer market on Expired contracts and sort age from Youngest to Oldest. You might find some gems on there, they might not look good there but on Intensive training they really hit potential quickly. Try scout them before you sign if your unsure.

No I haven't really had problems with my goalkeeper. From the sounds of it, it seems your defence is letting too many clear cut chances in, you might wanna try sign some new defenders, the goalkeeper is supposed to stop the shots but if you have a bad defence he is limited to what he can do.

Thanks :) and Well I feel my team is already strong enough for the Championship so I didn't need to make anymore signings and i've got more than enough of a budget after the money I got from Kone and Toure haha. I have around 14 million left in the transfer budget.

Yeah maybe that's it but my team doesn't seem to concede many chances at all most of the time and the only time I've seen it say to many clear cut chances is against higher league opponents in the cups. I'm about to secure a championship playoff place so my team doesn't do bad in general. It's just little things that irk me. Like the lack of steel and lack of forward runs thing. I can have all strong high teamwork players and still get lack of steel and I can have 2x BBM who have the trait to get into opposition area yet still have lack of midfield runs. Some things seem a bit off to me

21 minutes ago, Haveit said:

Yeah maybe that's it but my team doesn't seem to concede many chances at all most of the time and the only time I've seen it say to many clear cut chances is against higher league opponents in the cups. I'm about to secure a championship playoff place so my team doesn't do bad in general. It's just little things that irk me. Like the lack of steel and lack of forward runs thing. I can have all strong high teamwork players and still get lack of steel and I can have 2x BBM who have the trait to get into opposition area yet still have lack of midfield runs. Some things seem a bit off to me

I see what you mean, teamwork is a big essential but ability trumps that. Maybe your players don't have the ability to have that steel your looking for in the higher divisions and thats what lets them down maybe. 2x BBM's together is not the best of ideas in my opinion, two players running the same role could leave gaps, try and switch up them roles. 

1 hour ago, ZNQZ said:

I see what you mean, teamwork is a big essential but ability trumps that. Maybe your players don't have the ability to have that steel your looking for in the higher divisions and thats what lets them down maybe. 2x BBM's together is not the best of ideas in my opinion, two players running the same role could leave gaps, try and switch up them roles. 

Yeah I don't run 2 BBM together but I have tried it just to see what the match reports say in regard to forward runs, I don't generally like BBM so I've never really used them when playing a pressing game. I thinks most of my issues are down to player quality and the fact we punch above our weight most of the time that sometimes it goes wrong, that's my logic anyway lol. Just lost the championship playoff final so a chance to establish the team in a division at least

24 minutes ago, Haveit said:

Yeah I don't run 2 BBM together but I have tried it just to see what the match reports say in regard to forward runs, I don't generally like BBM so I've never really used them when playing a pressing game. I thinks most of my issues are down to player quality and the fact we punch above our weight most of the time that sometimes it goes wrong, that's my logic anyway lol. Just lost the championship playoff final so a chance to establish the team in a division at least

I had the same problem, I thought my team could cut it in there first season in the National League so I made minimal signings, didn't work well I finished 10th, but since then I have been improving the squad and club as much as I can and i'm doing it well so far. But good luck in the championship mate!

1 hour ago, Condo said:

We need more updates ha!

Fired up the game an hour after I got home from work haha, in November atm not sure if I can get an update out tonight. Maybe if I absolutely smash it out haha.

6 minutes ago, ZNQZ said:

Fired up the game an hour after I got home from work haha, in November atm not sure if I can get an update out tonight. Maybe if I absolutely smash it out haha.

GAME ON.

MINI-UPDATE

Screenshot_2015-11-27-20-19-46.thumb.png

The game of all games! The new found derby in Manchester. The United Derby! By far my biggest game in my FC United management career yet. Will post that when I have played it.

Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-17-55.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-28-43.thumb.png

An upsetting result. A cheated game in the first leg which saw us have a disallowed goal and then 9 minutes later concede 2 more. The 2nd leg at Broadhurst Park saw us win but only win 1-0 :( I thought we had a bit of a chance but we fell victim to the Glazers.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - End of Season 6

The League

Screenshot_2015-11-28-00-19-39.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-28-00-19-33.thumb.png

We went up again!! Play off victory this time around. Had a massive setback towards the end of the season that saw us fall out the automatic promotion place and out of the play-offs but 9 games unbeaten at the end saw us burst back in with a shout. I finished 5th in the but forgot to screenshot the table and I have started the new season now :/ But we won the play off finals!!

Capital One Cup

Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-17-55.thumb.pngScreenshot_2015-11-27-21-28-43.thumb.png

As you saw already, we drew United in the cup and lost 3-1 on agg. :( We gave a solid performance in both legs tbh but it weren't supposed to be. Next year we will be facing United again so lets see if we can get the better of them next year!

FA Cup

Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-13-57.thumb.png

Out of the FA Cup in the first round :/, we dominated the game and played better than Reading but a late goal got the better of us.

Player Performances and Other

Screenshot_2015-11-28-00-05-35.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-11-28-00-05-30.thumb.png

Eriksson bags a Player of the Year award! Great year for the Swedish striker and he deserves it. And once again, another Manager of the Year award for me! Might not be like this next year but we will always try!

Pre-season update soon!

We have nearly reached the top!

Edited by ZNQZ

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - Pre-Season - Season 7

Friendlies

Screenshot_2015-11-28-09-04-02.thumb.png

1 loss and 2 wins, not to bad but by far the best thing in this picture is the 4-1 result over MAN UNITED! What a game that was. Decent pre-season and start to the premier league.

Transfers

Screenshot_2015-11-28-09-14-03.thumb.png

Quite quiet in the FC United transfers, 2 in and 2 out. I felt I didn't need to improve the team anymore, lets hope thats a good decision...

End of season update soon!

What engine are you playing this play through with and can you release the tactic

What engine are you playing this play through with and can you release the tactic

1 hour ago, JRM said:

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Original and Not just yet, I want to release it when I feel its best to release.