Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No stats for coaches

DutchTony

Why do coaches have no stats but managers do?

They only have bronze, silver or gold badges. If I need to pick an attacking coach for example, and I can choose from 4 and they all have a gold badge, how do I know who is better? What if I want to promote a coach to assistant manager? How will I know who to choose if they are all gold?

Just makes the whole thing seem a little pointless and random.

I thought this then actually thought about it. Imagine if you had all them features all for just a bit of a player boost for a few players? It would take more time than it is worth and therefore people will use it left. The system makes a lot more sense.

23 minutes ago, Dec said:

I thought this then actually thought about it. Imagine if you had all them features all for just a bit of a player boost for a few players? It would take more time than it is worth and therefore people will use it left. The system makes a lot more sense.

But surely that would be the whole point of hiring the best coaches you could get - For that little bit of a player boost.

The way it is now I'll hire 4 gold coaches then I'll never touch them again, until either one leaves for another club or retires. Then I'll spend a few seconds getting another gold coach with zero thought involved.

The system could have been so much better...

Just now, DutchTony said:

But surely that would be the whole point of hiring the best coaches you could get - For that little bit of a player boost.

The way it is now I'll hire 4 gold coaches then I'll never touch them again, until either one leaves for another club or retires. Then I'll spend a few seconds getting another gold coach with zero thought involved.

The system could have been so much better...

I agree with that, just not sure how. Maybe a rating out of 20 for their role? I don't think lots and lots of attributes is the way to go.

2 minutes ago, Dec said:

I agree with that, just not sure how. Maybe a rating out of 20 for their role? I don't think lots and lots of attributes is the way to go.

A rating would have been fine to be fair

We didn't want to make the feature a time sink to avoid seriously disadvantaging people who just want to pick up and play as fast as possible. Will listen to ideas of course but the badges reflect reality more than a numerical rating, while a coach with poor aptitude will find it very expensive/impossible to get up to gold (exams cost money).

You need some way to tell them apart, as stated they are just names with badges and that's it. You have no idea which coach is better than the others and how are you meant to know who's a better assistant? 

This mess is more than a time sink! I was at Madrid and wanted an attacking coach. To find one I had to go through every club one by one (there isn't any in La Liga!?) or pointlessly keep searching for one instead of looking at a list of available ones. 

Why can't free agents be coaches? Ronaldinho for example, you have to sign him then make him a coach. To get a coach I want I have to waste money and squad space on a washed up old man who'll never play. Which brings issues such as unhappiness and moral issues. 

Then you have the randomness of what a player will be as a coach, you have to waste time signing players, then test them to see what area they are in. 

The current system is a massive waste of time, I see what you mean about being able to ignore it but that doesn't mean it should be awful for anyone who wants to use it. It's this years main new feature for God's sake! 

I completely agree with what @Ashez, @DutchTony & other have said. I was thinking about this earlier and I couldn't get my head around it to be honest. For example with my Manchester United save Ryan Giggs HAD a silver badge... I didn't really understand the whole 'take exam' thing so pressed it & uh oh. Fail. Okay? Thought nothing of it, didn't seem to effect anything. Now the following season (Infact I think it was half way through the season?) I took the test with Giggs again and pass. Woo! Now what does this mean? Is Giggs up to the scratch of everybody else?

Also within a season I went from the Bronze to Gold badge... So how does effect well, anything?

Edited by Condo

If the features are designed with being ignored in mind how much they impact the game is question able. 

The time sink arguement has no legs for how poorly it's implemented. How about remove the pointless ITN messages I have to click through, or subs running on and off the pitch, or the stupid highlight that drags on waiting for FT, hell even the players leaving the pitch. 

Most people's favorite part of FMM is exploring all the player options, that naturally expends to staff (players are staff to btw) if it's implemented in a worthwhile way. 

Let's not forget they also have gold coach badges as DLC! It's appalling how you basically admit it's a throw away feature yet you want to milk the fans for it! (Granted it can be earn't but the point still stands). 

This new feature is laughable, I'm embarrassed to have promoted it tbh. 

Cheers mate, I'll remove that part then. 

Surely another example of how poorly implemented it is though if the IGE doesn't cover it, or has the IGE not been updated at all? 

Coaches has another stats, aptitude which has poor, normal, and natural.

How aptitude effect training is unknow.

and I think it is better we can serch coaches in game.

Are all gold coaches the same? Or do they even have any difference at all? 

Just 5 minutes of looking and I got a all natural aptitude gold badge team of coaches. It gotta be a little harder than this.

Has anyone see other teams hire coaches? I haven't noticed any yet. It'd be more interesting if my coaches could get poached by other teams too.

Edited by Meow
1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Cheers mate, I'll remove that part then. 

Surely another example of how poorly implemented it is though if the IGE doesn't cover it, or has the IGE not been updated at all? 

I've just had a little play around with the IGE and I see nothing new / different to last year.

It even has the same weird creativity bug as last year where if you 'heal', 'injure', 'lower morale', or 'boost morale' of certain players, their creativity will drop or go up every time one of those buttons is pressed!

I didn't think for a second it would still be happening this year. That really does take the p***!

Edited by DutchTony

Fair points but if coaches did have stats then it means they'd all have a CA. If they had that then we'd all just be hiring the top 5 coaches CA wise and be done with it, same as you'd do now with the gold coaches. 

The problem with coaches isn't that they have no stats IMO, since even if they had the practical result for us would be pretty much the same.  

1 hour ago, FastFurious said:

Fair points but if coaches did have stats then it means they'd all have a CA. If they had that then we'd all just be hiring the top 5 coaches CA wise and be done with it, same as you'd do now with the gold coaches. 

The problem with coaches isn't that they have no stats IMO, since even if they had the practical result for us would be pretty much the same.  

They DO all have a CA

@FastFurious The only reason i know coaches have CA's is because Dec has created a list of the highest CA's for coaches. I would never have known otherwise. This is besides the point. It isn't that I want the best coaches and am trying to find a way to get them. The point is the coaching system could have been much better for all the reasons stated previously in this thread.

@DutchTony how do you know they have a CA?

I got Ronaldinho in as a coach and he had 'poor' aptitude.

It is, for me, a nice add on for the game and it doesnt add anything to the game really and as a main new feature that is disappointing

But I feel SI cant quite get that balance right

If they want to go FM on it they should have done it with a Staff Search just like Player Search, they have the ability of course just copy it

But they decided not to go FM on it for whatever reason

It may not have worked in time for example 

They're not gonna throw it into the game if it didnt work like many other features they might have in the locker

Then you have the EME where it seems they have gone all FM on it

While I agree with Ashez with the 'pointless' highlights I think thats the kind if stuff which adds to the immersion of the game for people playing it. 

Just being on Vibe has a different type of immersion so we dont need that stuff but its like my point a made a while back about 90% of players play without Vibe, they need to cater for that audience too.

I do just hope they keep the original engine in for a long time until the enhanced engine has options to go just as fast

Is there a way to search for a new coach like we have player search or do I need to go through every team to find one

and even if I go to another clubs staff it won't let me offer them jobs as the option is greyed out.

Edited by FlybySilva
1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

@UKFootballScore I know they have CA's only because of Decs list.

I hope they keep the original engine as well. Do you think they'll fade it out eventually? 

No ca for coaches in fmm2016.

I have checked database file.

Adding a staff search list isn't going "full FM". You'd never spend that much time with it as once you built a set up you like you'd only change it when you had to. 

It would be no different to signing a player. Say you buy a striker, you use him until you've had enough of him or someone else takes him, at that point you find a replacement. Coaches could and should work in the same way and they'd be a lot quicker to manage than a full squad of players. 

50 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I don't know why the above just happened...

@FlybySilva you have to search manually for coaches. If the option is greyed out maybe your staff are full.

Yeah I thought that but it says I can have 3 coaches but at the moment I only have 1 which is me. Im at a lost. Not another bug.

Edited by FlybySilva
55 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

@Dec CA's or no CA's for coaches? 

All players and staff have a PA and a CA, but for the specific coach part there is no linked CA/PA unless it directly links to the non player PA/CA