Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eight Free Agents You Should Sign

Ashez

Eight Free Agents You
Should Sign

FMM has been out a little while now and after having a look around i've come up with an eight man shortlist of free agents which are well worth picking up. I have excluded some potential additions for this list though as i have other ideas for them in future content, the list is in no order and all screenshots are taken from a day one save, i hope you enjoy. 

Ricky Alvarez

Z74TaTl.png

Alvarez is a player with green crossing, dribbling, technique, passing and movement which makes him catch the eye immediately and most of the blues he does have would turn green in no time with intensive training to! His ability to play anywhere in midfield is a bonus, especially as his defensive stats are decent enough for him to occupy the central midfield area without leaving you too exposed. 

Demba Ba

B3Z1fIG.png

What would you pay for 17 shooting? Normally a fair chunk of your transfer budget but Demba Ba is a fantastic free transfer with plenty of pedigree and ability. His stats are a wash of blue but most of these will improve with training and it doesn't take much imagination to see what he could become. His age could hinder this vision somewhat but he could gain greens in heading, dribbling, passing, technique, teamwork and decisions which would complement his already solid 17 shooting and 15 movement. Demba Ba is a short term option for any side lacking goals and in my opinion he's well worth a look. 

Jefferson Farfan

71EYKfC.png

I was amazed when i saw Farfan's name on the free agent list as he's been one of the best wingers on the game for as long as i can remember, it's crazy to think you can now pick him up for as little as a signing on fee! Looking at his stats you can see why i found this news so exciting as he processes everything he needs to be an important player in your side as he has 18 crossing, 17 dribbling, 15 technique and 17 movement! That's not even mentioning where he could improve with training (passing and shooting). Farfan is one of the best possible options if you are in need of a right winger so i suggest signing him now! 

Mirko Vucinic

ku3Ql6w.png

Vucinic is another massive name that's available on a free transfer and stat wise it's clear to see he won't last as a free agent for long! He's on the wrong side of 30 for most people but if you're in need of an experienced head Vucinic could be the man for you as he has more than enough about him to be a handful for your opposition. The key stats for his position are already green or on the verge so with some intensive training you can imagine the beast Vucinic could become! 

Yoann Gourcuff

9gZ3pCE.png

Gourcuff was another player i was surprised to see as a free agent as he's another player highly regarded in real life thus in game. Gourcuff has been one of the best young attacking midfielders available for a years and as he's now in or around his peak he can only get better! Statwise he doesn't scream out as you as a must sign but he has greens in the right areas and the other lacking areas are high blues and should turn green in no time with some intensive training. 

Ondrej Mazuch

Gy6L5kC.png

If Mazuch was attached to a club he wouldn't come cheap as his defensive stats are pure class! 17 Positioning and tackling combined with 15 heading, 17 decisions and those physical stats is top notch and he's sure to be a solid rock in your defence. His pace, teamwork and leadership are also fairly decent and could improve with age and training, for a free transfer i think Mazuch is a must sign regardless of your level as he can operate as a first team general or the cheap back up who doesn't disappoint. 

Ahmed Hegazi

T3nSLoJ.png

Hegazi is the second center back to make my list and it's clear to see why the Egyptian international caught my eye, at the age of only twenty four Hegazi already has some solid stats including 16 heading and tackling and 15 strength. Some of his defensive qualities are still blue but they're high enough to turn green with some training, especially considering his age. The only real downside to Hegazi is his low pace but if you play with a deep defense i'm sure he can do the business, especially as he has the signs of having the passing ability to play out from the back. 

Jose Carlos

NLZ0Fpo.png

16 creativity, dribbling, technique and 15 passing available on a free transfer? Yes please! Carlos is another fantastic option if you're in the market for a cheap creative midfielder as the Spaniard has all he needs to create chance after chance! With some intensive training you'd expect him to only get better which should push his crossing, movement and possibly shooting into the green which will make him even more of a force! Certainly a decent option for any middle ranked teams or even as a backup for the big boys, one worth keeping an eye on for sure. 

That's my list of the eight free transfers you have to pick up and i'd suggest you act now as many of them won't be free agents come the January update! Have you already signed any of these players? Is there any free agents you feel i've overlooked? If so make sure you let me know by leaving a comment. 

As always thank you for reading and please remember to leave a comment. 

I didn't even think to check out the freebies this year so I'm delighted this list has been made.

Can't believe some of those guys are free!

Great stuff!

For me this is the best fmh/fmm for free transfers, I can't remember the last time there were class players like these for nothing! Great list once again Ashez :)

Cheers lads :D

@Mollers01 - Vlaar wasn't included as i wasn't sure if his injury proneness transferred into FMM and imo the two CBs mentioned are better players. (one has better defensive stats, the other has more potential)

Just been looking into doing another free agent shortlists for players you should sign as coaches but unfortunately the system is too random to bother. Had a list of players who were normal (all rest were poor) but the stat changes on every save :@

I checked most leagues on the game to put together the shortlist. 

I think the two CBS were with Spain (All) loaded IIRC, I think the rest were on pretty much all of them. 

I am perplexed. None of the players listed here show as free agents. Nor have they recently been acquired on free transfer. All are either in the middle of long term contracts or are recent "fee" transfers. Farfan is a good example. he shows having been sold this season to Al-Jazira from Schalke for 5mm.  Hegazi and Mazuch do not exist at all. 

Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks -HHM-

1 hour ago, HH McCool said:

I am perplexed. None of the players listed here show as free agents. Nor have they recently been acquired on free transfer. All are either in the middle of long term contracts or are recent "fee" transfers. Farfan is a good example. he shows having been sold this season to Al-Jazira from Schalke for 5mm.  Hegazi and Mazuch do not exist at all. 

What leagues have you looked on? Also do you load the large or normal database? I checked for these on most leagues and on the normal/small database. 

On 1 December 2015 17:07:28, HH McCool said:

This is the same for me with Farfan, Vucinic & Ba. The two CBs do not exist if I load England + Spain & a combination of Italy/France/Germany etc. Only two I've been finding for free are Gourcuff & Alvarez

On 1 December 2015 18:31:04, Ashez said:

What leagues have you looked on? Also do you load the large or normal database? I checked for these on most leagues and on the normal/small database. 

Ah, I THINK (can't remember how to check) I'm playing on the large database.

On 23 November 2015 at 15:33, Ashez said:

Cheers lads :D

@Mollers01 - Vlaar wasn't included as i wasn't sure if his injury proneness transferred into FMM and imo the two CBs mentioned are better players. (one has better defensive stats, the other has more potential)

It is transferred ??

I signed him for my Palace save and he barely made half the season 

2 hours ago, hankmoody said:

It is transferred ??

I signed him for my Palace save and he barely made half the season 

Good to know, thanks mate :) 

I've the same problem. In my save these players doesn't exist. I've loaded as primary England also Spain, Italy and France. How to find them? I've loaded large database.

Edited by Emer71

This list was made from the original database and not the update after January which will change things. How I do such lists is by loading each league one by one and selecting everyone who stands out, I then select however many I want to talk about.