Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FMM16 Review

FastFurious

Hey guys

FMM16 has been out for almost a week now and I'm sure many of you have been sinking a few hours into it. But how does it stack up? 

Interface

FMM16 has had a massive facelift compared to FMH15. The interface is now darker, sharper and there have been a few bigger UI changes, especially in relation to the tactics and news screens. 

YzHFGDW.jpg

To be honest I really like the FMM16 interface. Although the news interface does take some getting used to, in the end it's much better than FMH15 since SI has managed to fit in a lot more information into one screen than FMH15. 

Overall it has definitely improved the flow of the game. 

Verdict: Much needed UI change to not only mix up the look of FMM, but also the new news messages are an improvement over FMH15. 

Role Traits

Part of the new tactic improvements in FMM16, players can now have specific role traits that vary across all players depending on their roles. 

zGaWhyI.jpg

This is probably my favourite addition to FMM16 - it really builds the individual brand and style of a particular player, and it something else that distinguishes individual players in a game where players can at times seem very interchangeable. 

Verdict: Fantastic change to add individuality to existing players

Coaches

There has been plenty of discussion on the new coaches feature, especially here so I won't go into too much detail. 

IMO there's definitely room for improvement for the coaches feature, from adding a search function to coaches to adding some (not a whole set) of stats to further distinguish coaches. It's not perfect at the moment but with some tweaking there is a lot of potential. 

Tactical options 

The new team instructions screen has added a number of new instructions - passing focus, GK distribution, primary outlet and primary attacker. 

BpER7b7.jpg

Verdict: IMO these changes are great. More tactical options are always welcome and it adds to the customisability and flexibility of a particular tactic. Fantastic addition and can't wait to see all the new tactics that will be developed for FMM16!

Bonus: The speed of the enhanced engine has been greatly improved as well, and surprisingly the new tactics are also available for the original match engine - well played SI!

Overall verdict: 8/10 

FMM16 is definitely an upgrade over FMH15. Although there is some room for improvement, nevertheless the new interface, role traits and new tactical options does make the game feel fresh once again! 

What are everyone's thoughts on FMM16? I'm sure I've missed a few things so please leave a comment below with your thoughts!

Lovely bit of work mate. What's your thoughts on bugs on the game. Are they happening a lot for you or are they rare? PM I've got a good idea that's inspired by this. :D

I like the AI but struggling with the new news feed tbh, nothing stands out and it's easy to miss things. My main complaint with it is we still have to click through the garbage like ITN info. 

Coaches are a joke and not worth mentioning. 

Loving the new tactical and player info, much needed and it's nice to finally have it. Hopefully next year we get more changable things like the PSP version and arrows. 

To me the game feels the same as last year which is the same as 2014. Everything I was excited about has flopped or not changed much. I appreciate what they've changed and improved but it hasn't delivered for me and the bugs are a big part of this. I thought they would have learnt from last year but these bugs are even more noticeable which is a shame. 

At its core it's still FMH which is a series I love so I'm sure I'll get some excitement out of it, but currently I'm feeling rather flat. 

^^Thanks mate for that, i was going to get it soon, hopefully when the 1st update has been released to address bugs, but not sure now whether to get it, i didn't bother with 15, had 14, but you say it feels the same as that version, im not sure :(

2 hours ago, russy said:

^^Thanks mate for that, i was going to get it soon, hopefully when the 1st update has been released to address bugs, but not sure now whether to get it, i didn't bother with 15, had 14, but you say it feels the same as that version, im not sure :(

The new tactical changes do change up the game play as do the player traits but I wanted a little bit more lol. That also means you haven't played on the EME which could change the game completely for you. If you like 14 then 16 is well worth picking up once the bugs are squashed. 

Doesn't require is own thread so I'll put it on here

When you get a coach report about one of your players developing well with your self as a coach  and click on your name tab it takes you to your profile when it should take you to the coach screen

When you get one for your other coaches it takes you straight to their coach screen

Bit annoying

Thanks UKFS, we have that under review. You can swipe to your coaching profile from that screen but yeah it should default to the coaching profile in that instance.

1 hour ago, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks UKFS, we have that under review. You can swipe to your coaching profile from that screen but yeah it should default to the coaching profile in that instance.

Glad to have you here @Alex Pitt. See you went with your own name in the end ;).

For reference - Alex is someone who works in Quality Assurance at Sports Interactive doing Football Manager Mobile stuff. Thanks to him the Post Match headlines were introduced. He is very friendly so make him feel welcome guys.

On another note, nice review @FastFurious

There's a legitimate issue with Football Manager Mobile 2016 on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus devices. Native resolution isn't supported or implemented at all so the game features an outdated and oversized keyboard that has been deprecated by Apple well over a year ago. I reported this in FMH15 but under the idea that these higher resolution devices were newer back then nothing was done about it. Now a new version of the game and the issue remains. This is really sad and judging from the opinions found in different places online it's clear that it bothers many other players using these devices. 

@Alex Pitt Would it be possible to raise awareness at SI concerning this issue? I asked about it in the official forums but the stance expressed there was incredibly inadequate.

Thank you.

I started a season and tried searching for Eder Alvarez balanta a Colombian who plays for river in fm handheld 2015 I can get him for around 7 million and turns into a world class defender in 1-2 years but I can't find him in fm mobile 2016. Anyone else finding this problem?

I'm Playing Football Manager on Mobile since FMH 2010. I love this game soooo much even if it doesn't evolve that much.

I'm currently playing Olympique Lyonnais and won 2 CL, 4 L1 etc. LOVE THIS GAME

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

i have concerns about the microtransaction push and what it holds for the future. £7 for a mobile game is already expensive.

Stuff like sugar daddy or mangers son i suppose is fine for a laugh, but being able to pay for stadium expansions is concerning. I'm currently four seasons into a game with Spurs, ive won the league and had 4 stadium expansion requests turned down, in FMH15 id have had atleast 2 accepted by now. Is it basically impossible to upgrade clubs now without paying?

I wont jump to conclusions but i will be keeping note!

Hi, really been wanting to play FMM16 for a while now but found that I couldn't find it on the Amazon App store, just wondering if anyone knows if it will be released on Kindle? Cheers.

7 hours ago, L4L1B said:

I started a season and tried searching for Eder Alvarez balanta a Colombian who plays for river in fm handheld 2015 I can get him for around 7 million and turns into a world class defender in 1-2 years but I can't find him in fm mobile 2016. Anyone else finding this problem?

Why not just try a different defender? There are others who are just as good...

On 11/26/2015, 11:08:27, L4L1B said:

I found the guy (and bought him) in River plate. If it helps the leagues I've opened are Italy (all), England, Spain and Germany. Never ran into him in FMH15 btw, didn't know he was there

On 26/11/2015 9:08:27, L4L1B said:

He is still there but looks like he has got a significant downgrade from 2015 and is no longer the superstar he used to be. Possibly he was so bad on your particular game that he wasnt included. Start a new one and he will probably appear.

On 25/11/2015, 17:21:43, Joshua said:

@Alex Pitt Would it be possible to raise awareness at SI concerning this issue? I asked about it in the official forums but the stance expressed there was incredibly inadequate.

I can raise it for discussion but I can't promise any more than that I'm afraid.

On 26/11/2015, 12:58:07, nick2528 said:

Stuff like sugar daddy or mangers son i suppose is fine for a laugh, but being able to pay for stadium expansions is concerning. I'm currently four seasons into a game with Spurs, ive won the league and had 4 stadium expansion requests turned down, in FMH15 id have had atleast 2 accepted by now. Is it basically impossible to upgrade clubs now without paying?

I've not had too much trouble getting stadium expansions without paying in my games. Are your finances healthy, are you regularly selling out your current capacity?

On 25/11/2015, 17:21:43, Joshua said:

I can raise it for discussion but I can't promise any more than that I'm afraid.

On 26/11/2015, 12:58:07, nick2528 said:

I've not had too much trouble getting stadium expansions without paying in my games. Are your finances healthy, are you regularly selling out your current capacity?

On 11/25/2015, 5:21:43, Joshua said:

There's a legitimate issue with Football Manager Mobile 2016 on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus devices. Native resolution isn't supported or implemented at all so the game features an outdated and oversized keyboard that has been deprecated by Apple well over a year ago. I reported this in FMH15 but under the idea that these higher resolution devices were newer back then nothing was done about it. Now a new version of the game and the issue remains. This is really sad and judging from the opinions found in different places online it's clear that it bothers many other players using these devices. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Just to clarify further - the game does run in native resolution on these devices. We will discuss the keyboard internally.

Hey guys, 

Anybody had issues with International squad selection? 

On one of my saves im stuck at an email telling me to register 23 players for the euros but i cant select or deselect anyone..

Ive tried cutting players from the squad too and still no joy.

Also ive no idea how to call players up to the national squad.

Cheers.

Edited by RobHam10
Typo

How many players do you have called up? 

On the menu on a player profile that has offer coaching role, retrain etc call up to nation should be there.