Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Make it New: The Limerick

Jens

If you like the Modernists, you may have heard of the phrase 'make it new'. It encouraged writers to try their profession from a completely different angle. The result: complete and utter gibberish. But I come to you, not with gibberish, but with a tactic like you have never seen before. Unless you followed my Limerick career 2-3 years ago. Then you've probably already seen it.

I tried this tactic last year and the year before that, but it never worked since FMH 2013. I'm very pleased to announce though, that it works again and it is better than ever. I can't currently take screenshots because of laziness, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm currently still testing with Tottenham, but things are looking good. I'm posting this before the tests are done because I want to (re)claim this shape so no one else will be able to say I wasn't the first!

Why the name, you ask? I have the tendency to name my tactics after the place they've been conceived. Like Paris (Hilton) or North (West, make of that what you will). I came up with this tactic some 3 years ago while managing Limerick and it brought me instant succes. This time again, it gave me and my surprisingly average Limerick F.C. the title in the first season with five games in hand. Yes, I'm very proud of that, I interviewed myself for countless hours after that. I cam on both Belgian and Irish imaginary talkshows. 

So now, without further ado: The Limerick.

------------GK-----------
WB(R)-DC-DC-WB(L)
-----------BWM---------
-------AP-------B2B----
------------INF-----------
INF------------------INF

TI: attacking, short, committed, pressing on (rest off)

Now look at it and try telling me you've already seen anything like this ;)

I did exceptionally well with this tactic, although it might not be a universal killer (I'm yet to find that out). Give it a go if you like it and please, report back with your findings. Remember, you saw it here first!

Any questions?

Edited by Jens

Nice to see a fellow 'Kakker' on the Vibe! Original or enhanced match engine? Will give this tactic a try but why 3 inside forwards? Do you get many bookings with committed tackling? 

Edited by fscheys81
On November 28, 2015 at 04:53:49, fscheys81 said:

Nice to see a fellow 'Kakker' on the Vibe! Original or enhanced match engine? Will give this tactic a try but why 3 inside forwards? Do you get many bookings with committed tackling? 

I guess Original engine, because he says he was trying this tactic on older versions. Anyway waiting for your confirmation and please screen your tactic.

I guess Original engine, because he says he was trying this tactic on older versions. Anyway waiting for your confirmation and please screen your tactic.

It is indeed the original engine.

I tried with 2 InF's and an APM in AMC slot, but the results were shaky. I felt this works better. The number of cards against is no worse than with normal, I feel. I get about 3 red cards per season.

I will get on that as soon as I can! :P

Currently won two consecutive titles with Limerick, with a third under way. Win ratio is nearing 70%. 

I prefer to use In<f/wingers, but will use anyone who can perform there. E.g.: I had to sell Kane because he hardly did anything there, while Dean Clarke (crappy Limerick player) can't stop scoring.

Passing and distribution are mixed. I don't really see a point in changing those.

My primary creator is the APM, obviously :P Or none selected if I don't have a player who I deem good enough. I mostly set one of the InF's as prim att, but I have the feeling that they score less than when they are not. Perhaps they get closed down more by the AI?