Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sort it out SI

billy2shots

1 hour ago, Alex Pitt said:

The OME is there for those who do not wish to upgrade their device. 

........ and there it is in a nutshell. 

I truely believe this is SI's biggest flaw. You are under the misguided notion that everyone would use the EME if they could. I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.

For most players the match engine is a choice and I think you would be very surprised that a lot of customers choose the OME even though you as developers appear to have given up on it. 

Please listen to customer feedback and look around Vibe at a few careers. 75% of careers are still played on OME. 

EME is a good thing for those that want to choose it or dabble with it for something different but when it comes time for a hardcore lengthy career the choice is an obvious one for a lot of players. OME or bust. 

Edited by billy2shots

What is it you prefer about the OME, is it just speed?

Bear in mind that whilst the hardcore community at Vibe is one we value and appreciate and endeavour to listen to, not all of our feedback comes from you guys. A more advanced match engine was something that was requested over and over again for years on our official forums.

Thats exactly what I said before!

Vibe is only about 15-20% of the customers if not ALOT less could be saying 5% and I'd only play on OME if I was doing a vibe career personally

And SI are hardly gonna turn around and say 'well we cant ruin a sites challenge or careers section can we' 

Why should they care about that? They should care about making the best game they can and thats the EME imo

As far as what you see and how it shows it the EME is by far the better engine and thats what is important!

Why would a Mobile version of a PC game go in the opposite direction?

My issue with the EME this year is the inconsistency. I love playing with it and feel it is great but you put fast on with key highlights and the text goes quick. However just text and it goes so slow. Surely the speed should be determining the text speed no matter what else is on? It makes no sense to have it go a lot quicker when you run the 2D Pitch. If it is about people reading it, then why don't they just lower it? There needs to be consistency with this type of thing.

I also don't care about substitutes coming on or the whistle blowing and the players walking off the pitch. I would sacrifice these for more action, even when on key.

Thanks for your replies @Alex Pitt

There's a bug for the fact that commentary only is slower than pitch, we're aware of this but it's proving complicated to look into as there's no immediately obvious cause.

I appreciate that you've explained what you mean a bit more, Dec, but there are a few other people who have described the EME as inconsistent where we aren't exactly sure what they mean. If there could be some more clarity on this we could look to provide more detailed responses.

Risheek, what device are you using? Certainly on the current and previous generation of iOS devices our speed tests show the EME to be faster with highlights on than the OME on commentary only - we've improved the performance of it significantly this year compared with last year.

No worries @Alari. I really like the match engine but I can see it from both sides. I feel there are areas that don't really add anything like players coming on/going off the pitch which while only waste a few seconds soon build up. 2 seconds at the end of the match leads to over a minute over the course of one season.

At times I can understand the feeling the game is against you, while it happens in real life there are teams that play superbly - I was Austria in a game and unbeaten then got dominated by Russia and Sweden in the groups, or you dominate and waste a lot of chances. I am not sure if it is to do with player roles but I have come across cases where I will have 20 shots and only have 6 on target, where as other teams will have 8 shots and 7 on target. As I said there are real life examples of this but it seems to be a lot more common in FMM - again could be to do with amount of games played, however how many times does it happen in real life to the same team every month? In a similar vein there are plenty of double red cards in matches this year. This isn't something that happens all that often in real life and should be very, very rare.

Also with another tactic I have found that my TM didn't seem to get goals and despite having a TM and DLF it was my Advanced Playmaker who is getting goals. I think APMs this year score too many. While INFs don't really drift inside enough and score.

Tbf though look at a team like spurs @Dec Lamela has scored 2-3 goals all season as an inside forward and Eriksen has scored alot more maybe 10 as an advanced Playmaker so its seems decent to me

I mentioned EME being Inconsistent and what I meant was that you'd be playing a decent team and smash them playing very well with your players doing what you have instructed, but then the next game against a poor side the players seem to ignore the instructions like I always have goalkeeper distribution set to short yet he'd kick long every time I saw him have the ball 

I know he might play short when I dont see it

I saw an example about John Stones somewhere aswell how it was set to John Stones being primary outlet and GK Distribution short and Stones ended a game with 9-10 passes 

In not saying you should be able to play the same tactic every game and expect success but thats what most people will do while playing as naturally if I've just beat Man City 4-1 away I'd keep it the exact same for Leicester at home but I'd go 0-2 down after 10 minutes

I agree in some cases @UKFootballScore but I had an Inside Forward as a Primary Attacker (Hazard) and he got less goals than Oscar at APM. I also had Gotze behind  Lewandowski and Muller - TM and DLF. Lewandowski was a Primary Attacker and hardly got any goals. Maybe it is a Primary Attacker issue. But then I was Austria and didn't have one set and my  Inside Forward hardly scored in a 4222.

As I keep saying the EME has most the problems the OME has but it has prettier pictures so people put up with it, well said Dec ;) 

The main thing is the game isn't fun anymore, 2013's engine was broken as hell but it was a fun. Since then everything has become so rigid and "realistic" and we've lost so much creative freedom when creating tactics. 

I wanted to like the EME but it's so boring! It's not so much the time it's just boring in general, I play the OME because I find it exciting. The main hook of the EME was you have to react to it, that's instantly rubbished by the fact it supports com only.

You wouldn't ask a manager to react to how his teams playing by listening to five live would you? Or ask for an in depth assessment from the MOTD highlights? 

I've been with the series since day one, if you asked me what FMH means to me it's com only on the fastest setting blitzing through seasons and having fun! It's not watching stupid images on the EME dance around or having to react to whatever cheating crap the AI pulls out. 

PS. ISFs don't work on either engine ;) . Just watch the game, the highlights or the stats and it's clear to see. 

I think the inside forward is a very hard player role to get spot on tbh

And one that doesnt really work in real life imo 

And tbh if Hazard is playing as an inside forward he should be scoring goals really as if a world class player doesnt cut it as an inside forward then something is wrong surely

My opinion is that if they had the EME with the same settings and speed as the OME then they'd be onto a winner In my book

Maybe have more settings where you can cut out the subs and such so instead of when its on key you get the same highlights but its just the text so it doesnt affect the speed at all having it on key 

I had Che Adams as an IF on my Sheffield United save and he went on a run where he scored 8 and assisted 5 in 9 games.. maybe the players your using as IF aren't right for the role?

Timing is an important aspect as I don't have a lot so OME on the bus is great for cracking through 8 or 9 games

1 hour ago, Alex Pitt said:

What is it you prefer about the OME, is it just speed?

Bear in mind that whilst the hardcore community at Vibe is one we value and appreciate and endeavour to listen to, not all of our feedback comes from you guys. A more advanced match engine was something that was requested over and over again for years on our official forums.

I appreciate the response Alex but its skirting around the issue. Of course people want a prettier game (ME) as long as it works correctly and speed isn't sacrificed. 

I'm also sure you had plenty of positive feedback on SI forum like you did on Vibe when it was first released. 

Unfortunately I still believe the vast majority of people 'dabble ' with the EME rather than commit to it. So whilst you may get plenty of pats on the back, how many people stick with it and see it as a good long term thing?

I would love for you to prove me wrong. If you would be so kind as to link 10 long term careers in here to prove your point. They can be from vibe or SI forums or any other forum you like. Since the EME had been released (2nd season) I could easily link you 100 long term careers with players still preferring to use the OME.  That must show you guys something surely. 

Edited by billy2shots
24 minutes ago, Nath said:

I had Che Adams as an IF on my Sheffield United save and he went on a run where he scored 8 and assisted 5 in 9 games.. maybe the players your using as IF aren't right for the role?

Timing is an important aspect as I don't have a lot so OME on the bus is great for cracking through 8 or 9 games

Are you saying Hazard isn't a suitable INF? This is the Enhanced Engine though not OME.

22 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

I appreciate the response Alex but its skirting around the issue. Of course people want a prettier game (ME) as long as it works correctly and speed isn't sacrificed. 

I'm also sure you had plenty of positive feedback on SI forum like you did on Vibe when it was first released. 

Unfortunately I still believe the vast majority of people 'dabble ' with the EME rather than commit to it. So whilst you may get plenty of pats on the back, how many people stick with it and see it as a good long term thing?

I would love for you to prove me wrong. If you would be so kind as to link 10 long term careers in here to prove your point. They can be from vibe or SI forums or any other forum you like. Since the EME had been released (2nd season) I could easily link you 100 long term careers. That must show you guys something surely. 

Remember that the population of Vibe amounts to a very small minority of FMM players. Although there are plenty of OME careers on these forums, the majority of FMM players do use the enhanced match engine. But the enhanced engine isn't perfect, which is why we need constructive feedback on what exactly you don't like about it (e.g UKFootballScore's feedback on goalkeeping distribution effects which is being tested) so that we can make it better! 

@Dec Regarding inside forwards, I have not been having any problems with their performances to be honest (I have extensively tested them following improvements made this year). Could you please show me examples (history pages, form, your tactical set-up) so that I can get a better idea of what is happening in your saves?

Edited by Jack Joyce
8 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

the majority of FMM players do use the enhanced match engine

How on earth can you quantify that? Seems like a sweeping statement to make. 

Can you show any links from anywhere on the net (not just vibe) to show 'the majority' of players use the EME. 

Just to be crystal clear I'm  not talking about players that have tried, dabbled or played the odd season I'm talking long term use which is why I used the example of long term careers. 

Edited by billy2shots
Just now, billy2shots said:

How on earth can you quantify that? Seems like a sweeping statement to make. 

Can you show any links from anywhere on the net (not just vibe) to show 'the majority' of players use the EME. 

Just to be crystal clear in not talking about players that have tried, dabbled or played the odd season I'm talking long term use which is why I used the example of long term careers. 

We have concrete information on it and it isn't even close, and the same applies for both longer and shorter term careers.

10 minutes ago, Alari said:

We have concrete information on it and it isn't even close, and the same applies for both longer and shorter term careers.

Where is the proof?

short term feedback groups or immediate comments following a release? 

I cant see much long term feedback on any public resource so I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction with links. 

The information is not publicly available but it is reliable. We're happy to continue improving our engagement with the community here and answering your questions, but in return we do ask that when we state something as a concrete fact people trust us.

21 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Where is the proof?

short term feedback groups or immediate comments following a release? 

I cant see much long term feedback on any public resource so I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction with links. 

Billy just back down, this isn't helping. If SI say something then believe them.

22 minutes ago, Alari said:

The information is not publicly available but it is reliable. We're happy to continue improving our engagement with the community here and answering your questions, but in return we do ask that when we state something as a concrete fact people trust us.

'There is NO stamina bug'

Yes the game is rather buggy in places but a lot of games are buggy and are picked up and fixed with updates, I disagree that the game isn't fun I'm having fun playing the game and I'm sure others are, both match engines have there own flaws but it's just a game guys, it's a game we all love very much, I see people talk about the game as if SI make it just for vibe well they don't.

Yes Vibe have done a bit for SI but that doesn't mean you can talk about how bad the game is when yes it has flaws but this is getting boring with people slating SI, they don't have to make the game but they choose too.

And just because people have been playing the game for years that doesn't mean you can demand explanations from questions. 

We all have views on the game I more than most have been vocal previously but isn't it a game for fun and not seriousness??

At the end of the day if your not enjoying the game then simply don't play it

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Are you saying Hazard isn't a suitable INF? This is the Enhanced Engine though not OME.

I don't think you could class Hazard as an inside forward.. he's a cross between an advanced playmaker and a winger when he's at his best.. he assists more than scores but the majority of his goals come from set pieces imo as he is Chelsea's penalty taker.. he's a great player and in a winger role would excel.. a typical inside forward would be someone more like Ronaldo who plays on the left and his main aim is to score.. which we all know how good he is at that

Personally I will continue to use the OME purely because its easier for me to churn through the level of games I have to get through to feel like I'm getting my moneys worth.. I've not experienced half the bugs other people have during the two week or so spell this game has been released.. I am enjoying it and I think its money well spent so far as I have done every year I've bought the game and I think SI do a great job considering the magnitude of the challenges they have throughout the year and the fact they have produced a PC based game and two mobile games its quite impressive to say the least.. we have to remember there could be no FMM at all.

Given Hazard wasn't set piece taker apart from penalties for Chelsea last season then that isn't true. He scored a lot of goals last season from open play in the tail end of last season @Nath. Also look at his attributes, he should be the perfect Inside Forward with his high shooting.  14 goals and 9 assists last season in the Premier League indicates he doesn't assist more than he scores. Hazard scored 4 penalties meaning non-penalties he still scored more than assists.

8 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

This isn't really a bug, it's more just a reminder that your first team squad is still full (40 players). When you have 40 players, any new signings will be added to the reserves.

Alex - the bug is that the game was telling me the player would be joining in Jan when I had signed for him to join immediately.

I have just sent this over to Sports Interactive. I feel these are realistic additions to the game given most of them are in place anyway and just need modifying a bit, or have been in previous games.

Changes for FMM16 in Updates by Dec
//List doesn't include bugs

Coaches
        More Coaches from Non-Playable Leagues
        International Coaches
        Age on Coaches' Profile
        Place Advert for specific Coach Type
        Assistant can recommend substitutes
        Badges of coaches influences detail and reliability of feedback
        Assistant can choose line up based on preference e.g. "Strongest Team" or "Rotation Team"
        Can choose Specific Coaches to feedback on a player - Each focuses on their type when giving comments
        Screen when promoting a player to staff that displays information before confirming in case it doesn't fit user

News
        New Job Expectations even when mid-season (doesn't happen on start up in Brazil when managing non-Brazilian/International Teams)
        Merge International Teams' Qualifying for competitions into one screen - Highlight main ones in news, pop out the others
        Merge International Teams' Call ups - Same as Qualifying
        Continue even with unread news
        Mark all as read option
        Highlight important news with slight red background
        Ability to press out on transfer rumours not involving your club to a bid screen

Players
        Ability to change Players' Squad Status
        Include Squad Filter

Tactics
        Assistant can recommend players for the role you have when you select "i"

Matches
        Instead of "latest results" being displayed when processing in-match facts would be better E.g. "Kevin De Bruyne has the most shots with 5" and "Chelsea have had 56% of possession" and "Diego Costa is having a notably poor game" and "His goal today has meant Eden Hazard has scored in each of his last 4 games".

Other
        Holiday to a Specific Date
        Request New Stadium
        Random Club Selector

signed a player to loan back immediately so was surprised to find him in my squad. is this the loan back bug people are talking about?.

3 minutes ago, phila said:

signed a player to loan back immediately so was surprised to find him in my squad. is this the loan back bug people are talking about?.

He should be in your squad but should be on loan at his original club.