Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FMM Serious or Casual?

Ashez

Do you think FMM is a serious or casual game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think FMM is a serious or casual game?

I am in between. I don't think it should be as serious as FM with the finances and stuff but it should be hard enough to create tactical discussions and make it a challenge - unlike PES Manager and Championship Manager.

This is like a realism argument in my eyes and my answer is that the strive for uber realism is ill-founded, even FM doesn't do that, however there needs to be certain amounts of realism and depths to make the game a simulation. However given its platform then it needs to be balanced else it can overwhelm (like FM on PC does).

It's a casual game in my eyes. It's not a sim and shouldn't pretend to aim for realism because that is when it lets itself down and holes can be picked in it. 

The very fact it's an APP for a mobile device should point the finger at 'fun' / casual gaming. Add in the in app purchases and it can't be taken seriously surely. 

11 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

It's a casual game in my eyes. It's not a sim and shouldn't pretend to aim for realism because that is when it lets itself down and holes can be picked in it. 

The very fact it's an APP for a mobile device should point the finger at 'fun' / casual gaming. Add in the in app purchases and it can't be taken seriously surely. 

It is a Football Management Simulation, of course it is a sim. I agree with your other points but it should aim for some realism else you could play a 505 and win, you can sign Messi in League 2 etc... and then people won't want to play it. To say it isn't a simulation - which it is, even if it is a casual one then it still is a simulation, and that it shouldn't aim for realism is just not right in my view. It would be much better to say they should aim to be realistic to a point that it is fun and not bloat the features that makes the game speed slow down or make the game need a large time investment to succeed.

Personally I'd define 'casual' as something really slimmed down to the basics, like New Star Soccer (the footballer's Flappy Bird). If you compare Fmm to Fifa's career mode in terms of depth... Fmm wins it for me, besides we get frustrated when we lose and go mad with success, so we don't take it 'casually'.

It should be an enjoyable game, not something where you scout all the best wonder kids and regens and have oxford city in the barclays premier league ranked 1st in the world. That isnt fun, so therefore id say its a casual game.

Interesting split there. Personally I think it's a casual game as there's another very similar game that would fall into the serious category (FM on PC). Combined with the fact it's on mobiles (on the go / bathroom category of gaming). 

But at what amount of hours spent does it become serious (if at all)?