Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Torino - il metodo (my method)

Sdtownsend

Now this is not a long story, as I am not a story teller I'm afraid, plus my phone won't take blimming screen shots because it's being an a***

So here's a quick bit of info about an ancient tactic I'm trying out, those of you who know your history will know that Torino was the club of Italy pre second world war and we're also dominant for 3 years after too, however their plane crashed on their way home from Lisbon after a European game killing their entire first team squad, in short, they never fully recovered.. Anyway, the guy who brought the tactic to Torino and then went on to coach almost the whole team as Italy boss, winning two world cups and an Olympics medal, was a guy called Vittorio Pozzo, he created a tactic which was fast paced, attacking and with a strong defence, the formation used was a 3-2-3-2.. It consisted of a left back a right back, a centre back, 2 half backs, an inside forward, a trequarista, 2 wingers and a striker..

Now I decided, Juventus are dominating the Serie A for the last few years, so how about we bring back the old boys and we do it in style..

So my modified tactic, for modern day football goes as following:

Goalkeeper

Sweeper

2 centrbacks, 1 as ball playing

2 wing backs

2 wingers

An inside forward (playing central)

2 strikers (one an a.forward or t.man, the other a trequarista although make sure he can shoot pretty well)

So.. The players..

I signed 5 new players for the squad,

The first is my inside forward, I went with Alan Patrick, he is a Brazilian forward in the mould of Italian and Brazilian great  Valentino Mazzola who died in the plane crash i told you about..

I signed Michael Bastos and a couple of other lesser known players..

For this formation to work I have set team instructions to passing direct, playing style attacking, focus pass down the flanks, counter attack and pressing, my wingers are very good technically and have very high crossing attributes, my wingback are also more then adept at crossing, they have high teamwork levels and decision levels, my Sweeper has high passing, tackling and decisions, I have won 22 out of 34 games so far, with a fairly weak side, I have only lost 2 games, I have scored 8 goals twice and Over 5 on 5 occasions, one game against Inter I won 5-0! I would suggest trying out this tactic as it has worked a charm with me.

I have got a couple of screen shots from the start of the season, I will try to upload some newer ones when my phone starts working or when I go on my tablet.. 

Screenshot_2015-12-01-12-22-27.png

Screenshot_2015-12-01-12-21-19.png

Do you want this moving to the tactics forum? I'm assuming this is a tactic thread and not a career from the OP :p. 

A very interesting set up though :)

Yeah would probably be better in the tactics thread, just has a little story behind it too, I'll try to upload the results soon, my phones (xperia t3) hasn't handled the fmm game too well this year for whatever reason..

The gap in midfield is due to the copying of the il metodo tactic, I am considering moving the wingback in field but slightly concerned about the gap that will leave for wingers to exploit, it's working against the majority of teams, but since having wrote this post, I lost badly to Roma... And then my team hit bad form :/

I am also running a couple more saves with more modern tactics, one of which being Wolves, trying to turn them into a British tiki taka side, but haven't found a way of keeping above 60% possession continously, getting frustrated with it, however have found that Ryan mason and will hughes make an unbelievable partnership in midfield..