Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2010 Manchester City Guide

DeanoWHUFC

Manchester City until recently were not a top side, At best mid table, but that all changed after the takeover by Thaksin Shiniwatra. He lasted only a season before personal issues forced him to sell up. The Abu Dhabi group took over in a deal rumoured to be worth £200+ million, they immediately set out there intent with the capture of Robinho from Real Madrid in a £32.5 million deal. A then British record.

Meet the squad:

Goalkeepers

Shay Given GK 3.7M- Probably the most underrated Goalkeeper in the Premier League my choice as number 1

Stuart Taylor GK 1.6M- A decent back up option at best. He should not get into the first team providing Shay Given stays fit. Keep him for at least one season.

Gunnar Nielson GK 375K- A poor Goalkeeper in my opinion. Not worth much but Transfer list anyway.

Defenders

Nedum Onuoha DRC 3.3M- A young talented defender not quite ready for the first team. I would suggest a loan move to get him valuable first team experience.

Micah Richards DRC 4.3M- Superb English right back the best at the club by a long way. Depending on tactics should be first team player.

Kolo Toure DRC 5.5M- One of my favourite defenders on the game. Bags of experience and talent. Regular name on the team sheet.

Wayne Bridge DL 4.2M- The best left back at the club. Again depending on tactics should be first team regular.

Javier Garrido DL 2.7M- Good cover for Bridge. To be honest cant see him being much more then that.

Sylvinho DL 650K- With Bridge and Garrido i think there is enough cover to sell.

Joleon Lescott DLC 4.9M- A great defender who can play left back and centre back. Would be in contention for first team.

Ryan McGivern DLC 800K- Starts the game on loan to Leicester city. Personally i would leave him there as he is young and could do with the experience.

Vincent Kompany D/DMC 4.5M- A solid player who is versatile. Plays best at center back but would be great cover for a holding midfield role. Must keep in my opinion

Pablo Zabaleta D/MRC 4.6M- Would keep, decent young player who is very versatile and covers many positions.

Shaleum Logan D/AMRL 1.1M- Starts game on loan to Tranmere. Would try and sell as he wont make any sort of impact on your squad.

Midfielders

Gareth Barry DMLC 7M- Great player, played right he will score a few goals and get some assists too.

Nigel de Jong DMC 5.25M- Another solid holding midfielder. Without question must keep.

Micheal Johnson MC 2.9M- In my opinion not the greatest midfielder at the club. Would sell just to free up space in the squad.

Shaun Wright-Phillips AMR 5M- The only out and out right winger in the squad. Must keep.

Stephen Ireland AMRC 6.25M- Versatile and talented young star. If played right will score plenty of goals and provide loads of assist's

Vladimir Weiss AMRC 1.8M- A younger cheaper version of Ireland. Loan him out to give him some first team experience.

Martin Petrov AML 2.7M- A great left winger. Will assist plenty, depending on tactics should start regularly.

Kelvin Etuhu AM/FRC 2.2M- Starts season on loan to Cardiff. Would try and sell to again clear some space.

Robinho AM/FLC 12.5M- Another great left winger, but can also play upfront. Can be disruptive within the squad.

Strikers

Emmanuel Adebayor SC 8.75M- A superb target man will grab many goals. Must keep and start

Craig Bellamy SC 2.7M- Aging but still has plenty to offer the team. Keep him as cover and a squad player.

Benjani SC 1.3M- With the attacking options at the club don't stand a chance. Sell him to free up squad space.

Jo SC 4.9M- Starts game on loan to Everton. Personally i would leave him there

Roque Santa Cruz SC 4.9M- Must keep, great cover for Adebayor Will score some crucial goals as late sub.

Carlos Tevez SC 11.5M- The best striker in the team. Keep at all costs, works well with Adebayor.

Possible Transfers:

Akinfeev-GK-CSKA Moscow-2.5M- Young quality and cheap. Ideal candidate to replace the aging Shay Given.

or

Steve Mandanda-GK-Marseille-3.9M- Similar to Akinfeev although will cost you more

Mamadou Sahko-DLC-PSG-2.1M- Great defender, with Intensive training almost unbeatable. Provides quality cover

or

Valon Behrami-D/MRLC-West Ham-3.8M- Trust me he is absolute quality and he is so versatile. best positions are RB CB and CM

Franck Ribery-AMRLC-Bayern Munich-18M- Great winger, his signing would allow Robinho to be moved upfront.

or

Jesus Navas-AMRC-Sevilla-6.25M- Right winger would work well in rotation with Shaun Wright-Phillips

Mario Balotelli-AM/FRLC-Inter Milan-5M- Young exciting talent. Scores goals for fun.

or

Hulk-SC-Porto-5M- Superb player by anyones standards again scores goals for Fun.

Possible Tactics:

All tactics without inclusion of any transfers made.

My 3-4-3

Given

Toure Kompany Lescott

Wright-Phillips Barry De-Jong Petrov

Tevez Adebayor Robinho

or

4-3-3

Given

Richards Toure Lescott/Kompany Bridge

Ireland Barry/De-Jong Robinho

Bellamy Adebayor Tevez

or