Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Pele & Rivaldo Rise Again!

Ashez

Pele & Rivaldo Rise Again!
Double The Trouble & Plenty Of SurPrizes!

It's that time of year again where the hype train starts rolling as i bring my first career of 2016 to Vibe. As the title suggests i'm going to be doing the double trouble challenge with footballing legends Rivaldo and Pele! That's right i'm doing a Myclub save as my first career! 

I've been with the series along time and the addition of no new leagues meant i was eager for something new and Myclub is something i haven't explored yet. 

Pffft, i'm sorry i couldn't keep that up! Anyone who knows me knows i wouldn't touch created players, i don't even like using regens for crying out loud. 

So what could i be on about? Well it just so happens the son of Rivaldo was added onto the game in the winter update last year, at the time i was excited to use him but nothing really inspired me as i'd already done most the goal challenges by that time. The one challenge i never did last year was the double trouble challenge but after hours of searching i couldn't find anyone to live up to the hype of Rivaldo Junior. 

exmDPrx.png

The release of 2016 really had me down and i nearly walked away from the game completely, i even spoke to Dec about my worries as my desire and passion for FMM was evaporating fast. Then just as luck would have it i received a personal message from my good friend Prize which reignited me like a flame among deadwood. 

His message was highlighting a new striker added to the game, a striker that looked fairly average yet had that spark about him that made you want to use him. The free transfers at the start of the game rarely include that young gem that everyone should use, actually i don't believe everyone should use this lad as he's far from the best. You all know i love the story and romance FMM can bring to the table and this lad completed the opening paragraph to the Rivaldo story i'd been trying to write since he became a professional footballer, a few years before his inclusion on FMM. So who was this player Prize brought to my attention?

sxtv8Qj.png

I looked at the name and then i looked at the stats and i was thinking why on earth are you wasting my time with this image. Then i looked at the message accompanying the screenshot. This wasn't just anyone, this was the one! The title and what i've revealed so far has likely given this away but for those of you that do not know this young striker is the son of the legendary Pele! This is the son of one of the only players to score 1000 goals in real life, this my friends is a big bloody deal! Thank's Prize, i hope my sub title and your references in this post are enough credit, i owe my reignition to you, as does Vibe. 

The characters in my next grand adventure were set as was the plot being the 1200 goal challenge but i needed a destination. Where would this adventure take us? What could these two achieve? They may have famous names but talent doesn't always run in the family. As Joshua, from now on referred to as Pele (so i don't butcher his second name) was a free transfer and with Rivaldo not commanding a high price the options were rather open with the only issue being a work permit. I debated about Brazil but that didn't interest me as i have bigger ideas for that country, next i thought about Portugal but the appeal of that league has lessened to me in recent years as it seems to be everyone's go to league. As you can tell i was looking at the weaker leagues because i didn't feel like the players were up to much which in the end meant i settled on Holland. Back in the day Holland was my go to league and at one point Ajax were one of my favourite teams but in the last few years they lost their appeal to me. I've had the odd season with the Dutch giants in the last few years but no career ever lasted in Amsterdam but after considering my options this seemed like the ideal destination for this journey. 

The story was set, the characters were chosen, the location was decided, the journey was planned and everything else i needed to bring this journey to Vibe was sorted out but it still didn't feel epic enough, it felt like it was missing another spark to really push it over the edge. I always felt this challenge was a risk as it could easily fall flat on it's face but i wanted to make the story bigger which is when i decided to focus on the challenge itself. How can you expand on the Double Trouble Challenge? Doubling the target wasn't an option and there wasn't much more i could do with the two players i had selected. 

Wait...Two players? This is a two player challenge! The aim of the challenge is two players working together to achieve greatness. Hmmm i wonder......

JFn1uwy.png

That's right Prize and myself will be double troubling this challenge! This means you have two legendary players on the pitch and two posting for your viewing pleasure! Now we have something!

How will Pele and Rivaldo do as a pair? How will Prize and myself deal with our different views, approaches and everything else as we pass the save back and forth each season? The only way to find out is to make sure you keep your eyes glued to this thread while you could also smash that follow button to make sure you never miss a thing! 

As always Prize and myself would like to thank you for viewing and please leave your comments, opinions, views and luck wishing in the comments below, we look forward to hearing from you. 

Nice idea, will there be any coordination between the two of you between seasons or are you just going to play your own game with what you get from the other player?

8 hours ago, leecutler said:

When is the first update I can't wait! Post it soon 

That's what we want to hear! I'm sure Prize will have it up soon :) 

8 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Good to have you back!

8 hours ago, Danne said:

Nice idea, will there be any coordination between the two of you between seasons or are you just going to play your own game with what you get from the other player?

A mixture really, we discussed a basic plan before Prize started the save and we discussed some of the major aspects like signings and tactics but at the same time we had complete freedom. Prize and myself think about the game in very similar ways and so far this career has been a complete blast in private, I'm just so excited for you guys to see it unfold :D. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's what we want to hear! I'm sure Prize will have it up soon :) 

A mixture really, we discussed a basic plan before Prize started the save and we discussed some of the major aspects like signings and tactics but at the same time we had complete freedom. Prize and myself think about the game in very similar ways and so far this career has been a complete blast in private, I'm just so excited for you guys to see it unfold :D. 

somewhere around second part of the weeks lads! will do my best to get it on quickly.

And a blast @Ashez the stress, the horror, to give these lads a great future in FMM isn't a blast it's a life goal i can hardly sleep :D;) 

46 minutes ago, KingwanYT said:

Into my second season as Tenerife, and still no sign of either of them. Also, I thought Pele's son was a goalkeeper?

That would be his eldest son Edinho he is 44 I believe and has been sent to prison for 33 years lol,his youngest is Joshua 

1 hour ago, KingwanYT said:

Into my second season as Tenerife, and still no sign of either of them. Also, I thought Pele's son was a goalkeeper?

Pele will likely need Brazil loaded while Rivaldo might need Portugal loaded. 

23 hours ago, leecutler said:

That would be his eldest son Edinho he is 44 I believe and has been sent to prison for 33 years lol,his youngest is Joshua 

Ahh that would make sense, let me guess why he's in prison, tax fraud, money laundering, match fixing, or drug fraud?

Pele & Rivaldo Rise Again season 1 overview!

The moment you have all been waiting for is there! Onbehave of Ashez and myself I would like to welcome you to the first season update of Pele & Rivaldo. Will these lads follow in the footsteps of their legendary fathers? Only time will tell if they are able to earn a spot amongst the Elite!

The Tactic

As mentioned by Ashez in the OP, at the start of the game Pele & Rivaldo are looking to hid their talent as the stats don’t suggest we have legends in the making. So how do we get them to score goals, and in the meantime if they don’t provide, we won’t end up staring at relegation?

4VbE8hj.jpg

Well the answer is keep it simple stupid! So that’s what I did. It’s a basic 4-2-3-1-2! A strong midfield with water carriers to bring the ball to the lads in the role of BBM and the lads as Poachers should do the trick player instructions wise. With the lack of wingers and the BBM’s you are sacrificing a bit creativity. To counter this, in the left BBM we play an APM and on the right we play a more all round player. Think deep playmaker, but with great attacking stats!

vKBnbst.jpg

To force simplicity and control of the game we set the team up to play a short passing game with a focus on the centre!

Season 2015/2016 overview

Transfers

dbd48oQ.jpg

We added some class to the pitch with old time favourite Praet. With his skill set we were counting on Praet to supply the necessary through balls to Pele & Rivaldo. I highly recommend everyone to also sign Ashez his great find Mazuch! You won’t find a good defender like him for the price of zero pounds anytime soon!

So with the transfers done we started our first season! But dark clouds formed quickly in Amsterdam

We’ve got 99 problems and Pele and Rivaldo are one :O

WAoup4e.jpg

BVwsffI.jpg

I suspect they talked this over with each other :O

QJJJR9E.jpg

He wants a big club release clause??

Just short of 6 months at Ajax and the lads aren’t happy! They really gave us a big scare, where we able to keep them happy at Ajax? Luckily the extra cuddles from Ashez kept them in Amsterdam!

Europe

qnADPLU.jpg

A draw against Monaco in the qualifiers resulted in joining the Champions league group fase. Sadly we just held on to a 3rd spot. We came up against a strong opponent in the Second round and lost against later Euro Cup winners Leverkusen

qFnAmpi.jpg

The Eredivisie

384T26v.jpg

Very close call but look at the goal difference, the team destroyed the league goal wise

A hint of legendary quality

PKHEyNI.jpg

Pele following his fathers footsteps and claiming the Nr 1 spot in the league and both in the top 4!

Dutch cup

jXEjiLv.jpg

The legendary duo claim the cup!

The team

AVG

9a2QAf4.jpg

Assists

aRdrslJ.jpg

The little generals Praet and Sinkgraven doing what they do best J

Goals

yR9ykEb.jpg

Sinkgraven on his own already good for 31 goals! Amazing performance by this lad!

Awards

Young player of the season

tCdpfVD.jpg

You can’t deny class!

Eredivisie player of the year

fwPkqS8.jpg

Rivaldo leading the pack with both young player of the season and Eredivisie player of the league!

The Manager

eFW1LSv.jpg

Ptt7HYj.jpg

Not too bad for a first season :D

The main event

Pele

3LJJ74x.jpg

Well you can’t say Ashez and I don’t like a challenge haha :D

u45IeB4.jpg

Impressive results if you keep his stats in mind!

Rivaldo

znk8llF.jpg

Lol not as impressive as his father

VsAer75.jpg

A goal every two games, not to bad and hopefully room for improvement

The challenge

Games played: 102

Goals scored: 63

Remaining: 1137

Concluding

Well what can we say, it’s a slow start in the hunt for 1200 goals, every now and then Pele and Rivaldo show a glimpse of their illustrious fathers! So what do you guys think? Did Ashez and I take on a challenge we can’t complete? As always we like it if you share your thoughts and support! Thanks for reading :D

Ashez & PriZe

Edited by PriZe

Awesome idea guys, hopefully there is some hidden potential between the two of them and they aren't just doing well because it's in the Eredivisie! 

Edited by Alice in Hangeland

Well, I don't think their daddies are going to be worrying too much about being overshadowed by their offspring, but a decent start, all things considered. Their stats seem reasonable enough for the Eredivisie, but it looks like you may struggle to keep them happy given that they're already demanding new contracts.

Good luck; I'm looking forward to the next update.

@Risheek - The game has loads of famous sons, I actually did an article/shortlist on it last year and a few more have been added. I actually requested Enzo this year so I'm glad he was added (doubt it was anything to do with me mind), his brother the GK is also at Madrid. 

@UKFootballScore - Here's to hoping! 

13 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

Loving this so far! Brill update @PriZe

I think @Ashez will have scored more second season hopefully

I hope he get's them fired up as well otherwise this can be a very long DT :D

thanks for the support guys! We appreciate it :D

Pele & Rivaldo Rise Again
Season Two
Ashez

Before i begin i just want to thank you guys for the support in this thread, the views have been simply outstanding! Keep them coming and don't forget to leave a comment! Now on with the show!

Transfers

Spoiler

Unfortunately a mixture of loading the Brazilian database and the transfer history bug of which patch this save was started on means some transfers are missing which is seriously annoying! 

In

jCzqD2p.png
ThprANI.png

This window saw me improve a few areas of the first team while focusing on bring in more youth players to make a profit on.

Out

WDPCueM.png

This image is obviously bugged as you can see by comparing the manager profile images between Prize's update and mine. 

Season Review

M1j1i72.png

A decent enough season which saw us win the double.

League

T5di1yz.png

Looks tighter than it was, i was stupidly clear then i suffered stupid result after stupid result until they caught me.

I only suffered three defeats in the league, two of those games came in April as did two draws! I assume we're meant to believe my team bottled it but it screams the game is scripted! The second we were in touching distance the bullshit stopped and i got back to winning ways! I've seen this happen so many times since last year where my form just dies until i'm caught then it returns to normal, seriously keep an eye on it. 

Super Cup

etAUATs.png

Routine enough

Dutch Cup Robbery

Q4bdLzU.png

What are you meant to do when the game pulls this shit on you? They score every shot and manage to get my keeper and CB sent off :@

Team Performance

Spoiler

Assists

brM4i2Q.png

AvR

uzKhzlF.png

bTS90WI.png

POTY

XGq0kK1.png

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Manager Information

Spoiler

trAY7eC.png

Man In Demand

2OCfALG.png

The Main Event

Pele

Stats

SruUUDx.png

Hmm he's good in some areas?

Results

zeOxkoh.png

And that area is putting the ball in the back of the net, massive season for Pele

Rivaldo

Stats

jFW9b3b.png

a goal scoring international!

Results

lKeH2Ph.png

A slight improvement but Pele stole the show this season! Come on Rivaldo you were my pick, you're letting the side down!

The challenge

Games played: 196

Goals scored: 133

Remaining: 1067

YES! We've broken 100! Whoop whoop, smashing it lads! :/ 

As always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment :D