Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 3-5-2 OME Swansea help please

Hi Guys,

Started an original match engine save with Swansea as I wanted to test out Chewy666's 4-3-3 tactic that was built for the Enhanced engine. I wanted to see if the difference in engines meant the tactic would be useless on original and also wanted to try a weird formation. I am getting a bit tired of the "normal" formations and liked how bizarre this set-up looked so gave it a go and it has served me well so far but it does have its deficiencies that seem to regularly let me down in the big games. I would like to change to a 3-5-2 but have no idea how to set up the team so any help would be appreciated. 

My first team looks something like this at the moment

Screenshot_2015-12-17-22-59-28.thumb.png

Is there a commonly accepted roles+instructions setup for this formation yet on original engine? I am open to tinkering with the player positions but am hindered somewhat by my desire to ensure Sisto stays in his natural position as I have heard so many amazing things about him and want to use him myself. 

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks guys :) 

I had great success with this on FM15 (but with the EME) and it looked like this from memory:

Adf - Pcr

Ap

Dwg - Ap - Bbm - Dwg

Ctr - Bpd - Ctr

Gk

The trick is to try and balance between defence and attack with this formation. You can score a lot of goals with all those attacking players but that risks being carved open on the counter, so I played with balanced mentality, committed tackling and defensive wingers (both to cross the ball and to track back). Wing-backs make very good defensive wingers!

Edited by Callum Lummy Giles

Have you try the anchor tactic? They post it before for enhance but maybe you can try for OME. I personally did not fancy 3 at the back so I am not try it yet.

14 hours ago, Callum Lummy Giles said:

I had great success with this on FM15 (but with the EME) and it looked like this from memory:

Adf - Pcr

Ap

Dwg - Ap - Bbm - Dwg

Ctr - Bpd - Ctr

Gk

The trick is to try and balance between defence and attack with this formation. You can score a lot of goals with all those attacking players but that risks being carved open on the counter, so I played with balanced mentality, committed tackling and defensive wingers (both to cross the ball and to track back). Wing-backs make very good defensive wingers!

Awesome thanks Callum, it looks quite a bit like what I was planning, although the midfield pairing and having a BPD wasn't something I was considering so thanks for that ^_^. 

Would i need two DWG? Could I get away with having a DWG on the left and a WM or W on the right?. I don't really want to play Sisto as a DWG

Hazizul yes I have seen the anchor tactic and it looks pretty interesting but again I'd need to sacrifice Sisto. Is he  worth making all this fuss over??

Edited by Alice in Hangeland

a 3-5-2 setup for ya.

-------PCR-------PCR

-------BBM-------APM---

WB-------BWM--------WB

------BPD--LID---BPD

Instructions

Attack/Balanced based on the quality of your team.

Passing focus center, and passing short (you can always move up to direct if in need of a goal)

GK passing short

Tackling normal

Pressing, offside trap

and i personally stay away from the option to set one of the strikers as primary target. The setup is based on the succes i have with my LM10 tactic.

Edited by PriZe
5 hours ago, PriZe said:

a 3-5-2 setup for ya.

-------PCR-------PCR

-------BBM-------APM---

WB-------BWM--------WB

------BPD--LID---BPD

Instructions

Attack/Balanced based on the quality of your team.

Passing focus center, and passing short (you can always move up to direct if in need of a goal)

GK passing short

Tackling normal

Pressing, offside trap

and i personally stay away from the option to set one of the strikers as primary target. The setup is based on the succes i have with my LM10 tactic.

Awesome thanks Prize :D. 

I have a pretty good squad now with Swansea, won the Prem + Europa League double last season with my current 4-3-3 tactic so I feel confident that I can go for an attacking formation. 

Ideally I would like a CAM-AP position in the squad as I have a few top quality players who could play there. 

Would a slight change to your system work?

-----PCR----PCR----

----------AP---------

---BWM---BBM------

WB------------------WB

-----BPD---LID--BPD-------

Would DLP be better than BBM?

With the same instructions? I guess its just about testing it for myself just not really confident with tactic creation yet :) Thanks.

Edited by Alice in Hangeland

I M PLAYING THIS TACTIC WITH MANCHESTER UNITED 

----ADF ADF

------AP

LM CM CM LM

--CD CD CD

-----GK

IMA BOSS OF THE 3-5-2 I LIKE THE CATENACCIO, AND I PLAY BALANCED DIRECT PASSING AND CENTER FOCUS PASSING

PRESSING AND COUNTER ATTACK

BUT I WILL TESTING OTHERS IDEAS OF THIS TOPIC FOR TRY TO PERFECT MY CATENACCIO <3<3<3 

CATENACCIO JE T'AIME, TU SAIT <3<3<3