Risheek

Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez

The Dynamic Duo

Overview

1.Opening

2. In-Depth Look

3.Formations

Opening

Leicester City has astonished the world, standing at 2nd place just behind Arsenal in the league. The crazy flair of play was led by pair of rejects that the club purchased for a total of only $2 million. Those two, Jamie Vardy and winger Riyad Mahrez, have been the two best players in the whole league this season. Now, after 20 matches, Leicester find themselves at 2nd place

They have scored heaps of goals, only Manchester City has more. They let in just about as many, only the lower league teams have leakier defences. They concede the opening goal for pleasure, to check if they would be able to catch up later in the game and most of the time, they do.

To understand how impossible all this was, we must go back to spring of the preceding season. At the start of April, Leicester was last in the league, with only 4 wins in the 29 games that they played. Vardy and Mahrez had a dreading two goals each. Relegation was luring

But then something happened, Leicester won 7 of their last 9 games and scored at an astonishing rate in the process. Vardy was the most active in this, scoring or assisting in six of those games, and Mahrez provided both goals of the 2-0 win that brought them to safety.

Let’s take an in-depth look at this guys.

An in-depth look

Jamie Vardy

IMG_0980.PNG.67327e232b420aec16c2e5cc22a

Jamie Vardy, purchased for just 1.54M from Fleetwood Town. Vardy had broken Ruud van Nistelrooy’s scoring streak of 10 goals in 10 games and now has set the record to 11 goals in 11 games. After showing flashes of his potential last season, Vardy has been a monster this year, combining pace and limitless stamina with a cool head in front of the goal.

Playing Ability

Jamie Vardy is a player who is amazing with shooting, with a stat of 18 shooting. This is ideal for any striker, as this increases the rate of you scoring, which Vardy has been doing for most of the season so far. His dribbling is also amazing, this ensures that he can get to the penalty box with ease. His decisions is also at a good 15, so he knows when to try to score and when to hold back. The guy’s movement is amazing, so he can adjust when passes are coming from Mahrez or Drinkwater. Last but not least, his fitness. His pace ensures he can get past defenders. His stamina should be more than enough for him to last not only the 90 minutes but go one game more than an average player.  However his aerial ability is not the best so he would not make work of crosses given by Mahrez.

Potential Roles

Advanced Forward- Vardy should be best at this as his Dribbling, Shooting, Movement and Stamina is great. He can pull of the dribbles to get into the penalty box, while doing so he can make use of his stamina, adjust because of his movement and at then score the goals you need.

Potential cost

21M

Riyad Mahrez

IMG_0981.PNG.4d46fd405c402567d33d256a4f1

Vardy’s partner-in-crime Mahrez came even cheaper at $600,000 purchase from Le Havre in the French second division in January 2014. He’s been just as good, providing 13 goals and 7 assists.  

The sort of dribbles he has been pulling off have been better than the likes of players like Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez.

Playing Ability

Mahrez is a complete winger. With 15 crossing and 17 passing, he can get the crosses to the attacker. He can dribble past the defenders as well with that amazing 18 dribbling. Not only that but his technique is an outstanding 17, which will allow him to get into the head of the defender. His creativity, which stands on 16, ensures that he’ll have fresh moves for us every match. His decision are also quite good at 15 which will make sure that he knows what to do and when to do it. The one worrying fact though is his fitness . This might stop him from featuring in many of your matches and him not being fast enough to get to the goal so that he can receive the pass.

Potential cost

22M+

Potential Roles

Inside Forward- Mahrez is a player who can score goals as well, though his shooting is not the best, it is way more than sufficient for a player who does not even play as striker.

Winger- All this actually depends on you. If you want Mahrez to be scoring, you can make him INF but if you want him only among the assists, this is the best role to play him at.

A Few Pre-Cautions to take when planning a tactic with these two

-Unless you don’t have a Vardy with 14+ Aerial, avoid using Mahrez as a winger. If you are using a two striker formation, it would be best not to put him on the same side where Mahrez is placed.

-Using Mahrez as INF is highly recommended, so that you can make the most of his scoring ability.

-When you manage you get Mahrez and Vardy to the stats needed, you can and should use them next to each other by, now, putting him on the same side.

Formations

Here a few formations I would recommend you to use:

IMG_0977.PNG.d4d9676a728f1a3086645a08da1

IMG_0978.PNG.cb9326a65b30f1abb3bf397d984

IMG_0979.PNG.1f11706e20d90a0a30cf47ada8c

Credits

Just a credit I have:

Fmhaberdeen, he helped gather information for the initial idea, before this one. But he still deserves credit

Thanks for Reading,

Risheek

Edited by Risheek
29 minutes ago, HashtagTatica said:

Great article, enjoyed it.

Although I don't agree with some of the points and some of the things are out of the border (for me anyways)

Thanks

Do tell me about what you feel is not correct

18 minutes ago, rseven said:

Good read!

Question for Vardy's training, are you sure Ariel can be increased by the training scheme you suggested?

Actually, this is not the best you can have. I have tested it out and it seems to work for Mahrez,sometimes. I don't know for some reason it format work in certain saves. However I find that of most if my training it increases one or two

8 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

The training is different to how I said i would train them risheek lol nevertheless a decent article bud!

It's actually based on another thing we were talking about. 2.5 weeks ago I think. I used that in a test save, worked pretty well

Thanks to al tho

Additional comment for Vardy.

Hiding attributes:

Determine 18

Pressure handle 15

Professionalism 14

Teamwork 19

Workrate 20

Consistency 13

Important match 15

injury prone 4

Just now, Fish18ish said:

Think having two attack minded players doing no attacking training is odd, and I didn't know that fitness improves arial??

Defensive does p, somebody told my it was fitness and I believed them. And I meant to keep that training. Until their stats are high. Then revert toDec's IT. Should've been clearer, pardon me

Attention:

Due to some things being wrong in the article, I will update the article and post the changes in the next two days. Some extra things will be added as well

Thanks

I'm am sorry guys, but I can't find anything that gets aerial to improve that much other than Dec's defensive IT. So I will take that out of the post. No additions, as I find that, might be bad. I might get something wrong which I don't want in any case. The hidden attributes part might be featured in the next one of these. I have made a few improvements to the formatting. It looked great in my computer however, it is affected in phones. I have fixed it for phones, not sure how it would look on a computer, though.

Thanks for commenting guys, I look forward to doing more of these.

Edited by Risheek
38 minutes ago, Risheek said:

I'm am sorry guys, but I can't find anything that gets aerial to improve that much other than Dec's defensive IT. So I will take that out of the post. No additions, as I find that, might be bad. I might get something wrong. The hidden attributes part might be featured in the next one of these

Hey, imo training defensively JUST for one attribute to grow is odd and I dont like the sound it.

What I would do is put him on attacking IT and just let aerial to grow naturally hopefully.

Just now, HashtagTatica said:

Hey, imo training defensively JUST for one attribute to grow is odd and I dont like the sound it.

What I would do is put him on attacking IT and just let aerial to grow naturally hopefully.

That was was one of the reason I took it out it didn't make any sense 

it goes real slow its that, and maybe only 1 up per season. It has not been tested so I can't say anything. I even went to the extent of putting him on goalkeeper training :P to see if it would grow, but his aerial was stubborn 

Edited by Risheek
Just now, Risheek said:

Tap hat was one of the reason I took it out form didn't make any sense 

it goes real slow its that, and maybe only 1 up per season. It has not been tested so I can't say anything. I even went to the extent of putting him on goalkeeper training :P to see if it would grow, but his aerial was stubborn 

id say out the LW on winger, and Mahrez on inf, so you could get Mahrez to score while trying and improving vardy's heading, i'll try a few things out and get back to you :) 

id say out the LW on winger, and Mahrez on inf, so you could get Mahrez to score while trying and improving vardy's heading, i'll try a few things out and get back to you :) 

I agree with that. when I was about to post with roles, I found that it might lead me to having to tactic build, which I feel I am not that ready to do with Leicester at this stage.

Thanks! Would be great if you could. :) 

Just now, Risheek said:

I agree with that. when I was about to post with roles, I found that it might lead me to having to tactic build, which I feel I am not that ready to do with Leicester at this stage.

Thanks! Would be great if you could. :) 

just did first test putting vardy on DEF training and he improved on his shooting ...

just did first test putting vardy on DEF training and he improved on his shooting ...

I've encountered that, gotta have a chat with SI if you ask me. How does shooting go up with DEF training?

4 minutes ago, Risheek said:

I've encountered that, gotta have a chat with SI if you ask me. How does shooting go up with DEF training?

natural grow but he had plus 2 on shooting within 10 days lol

natural grow but he had plus 2 on shooting within 10 days lol

Exactly, natural growth is like 2 in 1-2 months of IT. Not the first 10 days! For me it was two week sa :P 

Remember coaches will also offer stat boosts, just saying that could be the reason for the boost. 

To improve heading you don't need Dec's full defensive IT, just the defensive option on a higher setting then it normally would be on from the attacking setting. 

Still annoys me to this day that an important attacking stat is only boosted by defensive training :@. 

Nice work :), I noticed on your formations you have Mahrez playing as a right winger? For me if you want to recreate what he has done IRL he has to play the number 10 role which is AMC, many might not agree but although Mahrez creates A lot, a lot of the time he is a very greedy player hence why he has so many goals if he was more of a "Ozil" player he would have way more assists, but he averages 4 shots per game although that isn't very high if he has that many he is almost guaranteed to score at least 1 goal

Edited by leecutler
40 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Nice work :), I noticed on your formations you have Mahrez playing as a right winger? For me if you want to recreate what he has done IRL he has to play the number 10 role which is AMC, many might not agree but although Mahrez creates A lot, a lot of the time he is a very greedy player hence why he has so many goals if he was more of a "Ozil" player he would have way more assists, but he averages 4 shots per game although that isn't very high if he has that many he is almost guaranteed to score at least 1 goal

Thanks!Actually, I did wnat to add taht. But I felt I should keep it to his primary position

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

IRL he's produced his best form from the right 

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/104749

Yeah he has started from the right position but he is given the free role position and a lot of times he cuts inside and you see him a lot of the time playing in the hole, imo to replicate this as much as you can I feel that AMC would be the best position, as FMM tactic wise isn't loads in depth it would be hard to see him play on the right but to cut inside to the center.

As him and Vardy exchange positions a lot of the time, sometimes Vardy will be out on the wing producing goals and vise versa. 

Edited by leecutler
Just now, leecutler said:

Yeah he has started from the right position but he is given the free role position and a lot of times he cuts inside and you see him a lot of the time playing in the hole, imo to replicate this as much as you can I feel that AMC would be the best position, as FMM tactic wise isn't loads in depth it would be hard to see him play on the right but to cut inside to the center.

As him and Vardy exchange positions a lot of the time, sometimes Vardy will be out on the wing producing goals and vise versa. 

Yes,very true. I'd rather keep him as either False Nine or INF. keeps reality there. Maybe I'll edit it to say AMC at False nine once I'm back in a few days

26 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Yes,very true. I'd rather keep him as either False Nine or INF. keeps reality there. Maybe I'll edit it to say AMC at False nine once I'm back in a few days

You don't need to change anything   Was merely just my opinion mate, it is a great read Risheek KIU

1 hour ago, leecutler said:

You don't need to change anything   Was merely just my opinion mate, it is a great read Risheek KIU

I meant as an addition, but if I don't need to ;) i won't. Thanks!!!